50 box RIP off

Zargos

22 minutes ago, pikapikapika said:

40%  cryptogram drop rate means every 200 chest you buy, you will definitely get an octo gem, in addition to other stuffs.

200 chests literally mean 22,400 NCoin which is $250 + $16 + $4 thats a whole $270 USD, and your saying spending $270 USD on an Octo Gem is fair because...?.....?

35 minutes ago, RudeBwoii said:

200 chests literally mean 22,400 NCoin which is $250 + $16 + $4 thats a whole $270 USD, and your saying spending $270 USD on an Octo Gem is fair because...?.....?

I was just stating the fact, and was not commenting on the fairness.  Even NC did not give you that consolation prize octo gem, you still would have bought those chests, right?  I agree with you that pissing off customers is like killing a golden goose for its egg.  But hey, it NCW, what do you expect?  TBH, killing the golden goose is the last thing NCW wants to do, but it just does not know what it is doing.

Sometimes I believe the whole marketing idea of NCW is that online games populations  change rapidly and a game might be dead within months so what do they do?

1-  Build their online market around "expensive" carrots that seem so close yet so far to obtain

2-  Use (or rather abuse) humans tendency to get addicted to gambling to glue them to the game

3-  Since its a known fact that most of online games revenue comes from a fraction of the player base "i.e. whales", why not milk them dry and depending on how much milk they gave away they MIGHT get something almost impossible to get for free players.

I remember a company that stuck to this model to the teeth ... they would make a huge marketing campaign and get people excited about their new game. Once the population is high enough they start introducing a monthly "tiered buyer" system where if you spend 1000$ worth of money in the game you get a free "wish", basically naming any in-game or cash shop item you want and the company will give it to you. You only get one item at a time and the system resets at the end of the month. Most of their cash shop items were RNG boxes. 

Eventually when people start leaving the game they start to neglect it till it becomes a ghost town. At that point they start over with a new game.

If your customers are willing to pay 100$ ... do not settle for 99.99$  ... rather offer them the same item for 110$ first and see.  If they complain, present the same item at 100$ or give them a worse item and tell them its "cheaper" and "better" because you "care".

The art of marketing 

Every time a new rng box comes everytime people cry.....you might think you all grew up already and use your common sense....

RNG boxes mean you get random ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, RANDOM, or translated "NOT the things you want". Its just a money grab and people fall for it then when they are not happy with what they get (even tho its clearly stated its RNG) they cry how this is unfair, and stupid and... and... and....

Well...stop buying it then, you would have made better profit buying the gold which people put on F9 for it. You should not complain to NCsoft but to yourself for falling for such shallow tactics.

Its seriously nothing to complain about, I bought 50 boxes myself I got nothing great either other than a sacred oil and premium trans. For me this is just a for fun thing, I do 50 boxes every box event. Is it a rip off? Yeah maybe for us who have normal earnings in life, but these boxes are not meant for us.  This game is not as popular as before, I'm pretty sure the people left here whales or not we do like this game. Whales are willing to spend money to keep the server going, so for me it's a why not lol, I get to keep playing and they get to satisfy their will. Do not get hotheaded and throw money that you are not capable of making them back in real life, that's the only thing important, other than that, just have fun.

blahblahblah

cry cry cry

So much useless complaints when you will all be the first to rush on the next rng box that will be thrown at you, again & again...

Honestly that was fun at the beginning to always see posts of complaintsbut its been 1 & a half year now, people never learn or never try to be smart or control their will to not buy even if they 100% know it will always be a rip off.

It's very annoying. You may "technically allow the server to still live" but its also your only fault that the game is in very bad state.

As long as you spend money,the server live, but as long as you spend money they don't have to invest on the server to make it better, or fix the issue, or listen to you BECAUSE YOU STILL THROW YOUR MONEY AT THEM ANYWAY SO THEY DO THE MINIMUM EFFORT FOR YOU FOR THE MAXIMUM PROFIT FROM YOU.

ps: I also know my post is useless, but hey if there is at least one smart person that reads me and act accordingly then I'm happy to save another wallet.

Look I'm going to be honest here but RNG boxes are the salt of the bloody earth here. Seriously I like buying costumes but I'm NOT gonna spend any of my hard earned money or HM coins on a RandomBSGenerator mechanic that is unrewarding and downright insulting.

Seriously NC we're happy to pay for things at a reasonable price but its obvious that this approach is to milk the maximum amount of cash from whales... and even the whales are not that interested here. If your looking for Leviathans.... well there aint enough of them around who care either so go back to the player friendly approach please before we have to troll shame you into relenting. -_-

22 hours ago, Arohk said:

You get other stuff from the boxes too, your calculation is not accurate.

I know you get other stuff, but after seen people show off the 50 drops, I don't think the stuff you get can make up the difference in HMcoin, better save and spend in Trove / or if u urgently need oil, buy the 450 each when they show up. 

9 hours ago, Stacey Banks said:

I think y'all have way too high expectations, of course you'll get disappointed, if you think you'll get Octas or tons of Oils.

I bought 16 boxes with HM coin and I'm happy I got Shock Jock and Dragonfly Hair plus a few random things :3

No just expected it to be like the wing chests... there you also usually didnt make any gold... but atleast u didnt lose 2000gold all at once cause u just get absolutely nothing worth any gold at all.. the random items aransu orb, forging orb, raven feather, 10 soulstones. Are all useless...i could live with losing like up to 50% of my input per box with chance to win with rng.. but losing 90%+... is just ridiculous..  

And u say u bought 16 chests so thats about 2250 coins or like 2.5k with tax deduction... the price on that before event would be about 1250g... atm even more cause of low coin prices... just admit u got scammed rly ^-^

You got an outfit, the worst u can get so lets say thats 800coins which would be way too much for me for that outfit.. and hair which usually costs 400... but then u can actually pick what u want so its unfair to even use these prices.

I opened like 30 chests and got 1 oil.. the rest totally useless crap like mentioned above....

i bought roughly 170-180 boxes, got 4 or 5 oils from the boxes and the rest from cyrpto grams(i got roghly a 50 % drop rate so about 85-90) was able to get my soul up to transcendant 3 from awakened hongmoon also got 4 or 5 PSTS, 1 dragonfly outfit, a bunch of pets i sold for 60g each, no red raider no octa gems.  Ether way to me it was worth it, decent drop rates on the crytograms, got my soul upgraded got some prem stones, im happy with it.

I understand what RNG actually is, and that's a roll of the dice. There are odds to be had, chances that will yield results between several different outcomes. These boxes, however, are most likely a scam, and none of us has the means to prove it to be so, without actually seeing the programming and coding behind these items' so-called drop rates.

For all we know, out of 150× boxes, RNG might just include a shortened loot table for 130× of the boxes, while 20× of them ACTUALLY have the more valuable items in a more complete loot table. If this were so, it's like having a switch flipped, either manually or automatically, that says out of only 20× of these boxes, you actually have a chance to get these items you want, but the rest of them are duds, with shortened loot tables, that only give junk.

I'm not saying I have proof, but if I was behind such shady programming at NCSOFT, that'd be one way to keep the greedy whales swiping away with their cards.

Personally, I spent too much more than I wanted to on these boxes, being over $210 USD for 150× boxes, plus a few odd ones with HMCoins. I got enough tokens to buy all my cosmetics and sold a few things from the boxes for the money to buy two of each of the outfits, which was around 3K gold. That's 1K for each Red Raider and 50g for each Dragonfly. Thankfully, about half the real money I splurged was birthday money, and other money from my tax return, etc..

Then again, we always seem to get some kind of gambling event, be it a trove or rng boxes during tax season.

It's that way in the schedule, by design, because NC wants our money.

So my conspiracy theories with bogus RNG probably don't sound TOO far-fetched now, do they...?

I think it's naive to trust in them so blindly, thinking there's no way they'reripping us off, but that's just me.

I've seen so much corruption and dishonesty in my years that I don't trust anyone unless they're blood-related to me. --And that trust is only there because I know such people well enough to know their motives and behavioral patterns in most situations.^^;

TLDR: Don't blindly trust just anyone to NOT rip you off or stab you in the back. If it's not bolted down, people will steal ANYTHING. They'll steal the underwear right out of your pants if they had a way to do so without you noticing.

NCSOFT gave away a lot of prizes and we know that the game got enough HC to get them back, he gave another ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ or ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤in 'rng boxes in which he is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. Raze - to play the game - to play with the game and it did not happen to me

On 15/02/2018 at 1:08 AM, pikapikapika said:

40%  cryptogram drop rate means every 200 chest you buy, you will definitely get an octo gem, in addition to other stuffs.

As a mathematician, I have to point out that this statement is false. On AVERAGE, you will get an octo gem. You could get more than 1, but you could also get none. So it's not "you will definitely get one".

Given 40% rate at 200 chest, you have only a 52% chance to get 80 OR more, pages for trade in. If you want to have an almost 100% rate, you will need 250 boxes, at which point you have a 99.63% chance to get 80 OR more pages.

In probability, there is no "definitely". Technically, you could open more boxes than there are particles in the universe, and you'd still get no pages.

RNG will always be RNG. Gambling will always be gambling. Actually, there's no point in being upset about it. I bought 4 boxes, got the usual crap items and I'm done. No more waste of time or money.

But some people just can't stop there. Some can't realize that it's a business model, a very profitable one, based on gambling. 

When you see a RNG box, run. It promises nothing, it delivers nothing. If you can't stop with 2-3, just run away. Unless you're a rich landlord whale who don't care about wasting money... Drop rates are NOT promises or guaranty of ANYTHING. It's a luck based system.

Ok, there's actually a "cousin prime based" algorithm, coding can't be truly random, blablabla... Let's face the fact that RNG is just a slot machine made to squeeze money from a huge amount of people and give a worthless prize to a couple of them.

Just think about the amount of money needed to force an item to drop, and how much any other way of getting that item will cost ya.

Gambling will always be gambling.

On 2/15/2018 at 5:51 AM, Adams said:

Sometimes I believe the whole marketing idea of NCW is that online games populations  change rapidly and a game might be dead within months so what do they do?

1-  Build their online market around "expensive" carrots that seem so close yet so far to obtain

2-  Use (or rather abuse) humans tendency to get addicted to gambling to glue them to the game

3-  Since its a known fact that most of online games revenue comes from a fraction of the player base "i.e. whales", why not milk them dry and depending on how much milk they gave away they MIGHT get something almost impossible to get for free players.

I remember a company that stuck to this model to the teeth ... they would make a huge marketing campaign and get people excited about their new game. Once the population is high enough they start introducing a monthly "tiered buyer" system where if you spend 1000$ worth of money in the game you get a free "wish", basically naming any in-game or cash shop item you want and the company will give it to you. You only get one item at a time and the system resets at the end of the month. Most of their cash shop items were RNG boxes. 

Eventually when people start leaving the game they start to neglect it till it becomes a ghost town. At that point they start over with a new game.

Honestly, the most interesting thing is that RNG boxes stayed out of the west for the longest because companies didn't think that western audiences would support the model. Lo and behold, not only are western players gullible enough to support it, but they also pay for games that are free in the east--BDO--and are willing to PAY to be beta testers for games with "early access". It almost boggles my mind that it took this long to catch on, on top of how shameful it is that the people doing it know that they're taking advantage of players with low will power to say no among other issues.

The whales literally cannot help themselves, nor can the "why not spend this $60 and try, I'm sure I have to get something" weekend warriors living with their gambling fallacies roaring full tilt. It sucks, and it's why the rich get richer and the poor continue to fall by the wayside. Higher proportional cost of living than ever and people throw income at digital RNG rather than into things that might last.

The best part of all is that no matter how much you spend your account might be terminated at any time and you're out every dollar sunk. What a time to be alive.

Archived