gunslingers are pro tournament rejects in BnS, because they are too weak

antarean

gunslingers are pro tournament rejects in BnS, there isnt even one pro gunslinger match anywhere, BnS pro's said so themselves.

gunslingers are useless, they said.

i have a hard time finishing 3 wins in a mushin tower,

standoff timing is impossible

once you are tossed up in the air, there is no obvious way to get one hook working without loading 1st which is impossible to do

and i think gunslingers are slow movers.

>>I totally agree ! they need to move faster and do more damage. They are great at lower levels but useless at higher ones.

wow, i am a 3 week old newbie, someone actually found the same feeling as i did.

i tried to find and hopefully watch a pro gunslinger participating match, i found none, instead youtube directed me to the useless class in BnS.

19 minutes ago, dklm said:

If you think gunner is weak take it to battlegrounds 6v6 and farm moonstones easily.

"farm moonstones easily" is an overstatement because gunner is essential a global taunt, as soon as you are seen you instantly draw aggro. And the problem isn't about gunner dealing low dmg (because they actually deal a lot) the issue is that gunner lacks utility: 3 targeted cc and 1 of which you dont want to use in 6v6 since its your dmg buff on bracelet and then ricochet is pretty much useless vs certain classes and the 2 biggest limiting factors are the lack of Iframes on the class and guard break makes it very weak. Iframe on skills like Deadlock is standard for almost every mid-range class so thats a given, but then out of that gunners only have whipline which gets locked down by movement skill disablers and and then the cost of 1 hook per use when u need hooks for other skills and you start with 0 hooks upon entry to every instance makes it underwhelming. Last but definitely not least and in fact the biggest reason gunners are so weak, the lack of guard breakers. Gunners have 1 guard breaker which is also built into their cc skill which honestly makes it hard to deal with 60-70% of the classes in this game. If they had 1 guard breaker but had skills that go through guards then the class wouldnt be so underwhelming for pvp, but that is just the case, 1 guard breaker on a 36 second cd and 1 real skill that deals real dmg through guard/blocks and no other skills that can cc through guards is really weak, very very weak. If you get matched with a BM or WL they dont need to do anything to beat you, can just hold down block and you instantly lose the match. As far as I know every class with a guard break either has a very short cd on it or have multiple skills that can guard break or have skills that can root/limit movement/deal constant dmg through that guard break, but gunners pretty much get insta-fqd by guard/block.

6vs6 is a team match. If you are a max gear gunner, but matched with 5 baleful players in your team against full ascendant/max gear enemies, no matter what you do, you will still lose the match. However, as a max gear gunner, you can still do a lot of damage and kill a lot in the match. 

Gunner indeed lack utility, but they have mobility, especially in a big map like 6vs6. With 5 hooks stocked up, they can get into the group fight from far place within second. C + Tab + pew pew = few deaths. If can't kill, just press e and run away from group fight to restock the hooks and wait for skills cool down. When a gunner used 2 or 3 more hooks, there is no way for any class to chase them. To be able to use gunner effectively, you have to really master all other classes' skills because you will have to use your hook (e) to iframe majority of the approach skills or CC. You want to save your skill C (5 resists) to be used with your tab for continuous firing. 

There was a time I went to a 6vs6 match with my alt gunner with no crit def (just baleful 9 weapon) just for fun and obviously all my teammates (raven+) complained and said they would report me. In the end of the match, I did like 30-40k more damage than these so-called raven gear players. It was so damn fun to just press tab + C and then I can kill some enemies with way better gear than I do in 6vs6. To be honest, no other class in this game can do something like this.

Archived