Forums

No gold in the currency exchange

2 hours ago, Bastorix said:

People have the freedom to choose how they want to approach a game, how long they want to play it, when they want to quit, what they want to do inside the game.

They have that freedom even when there's no way to donate for gear.

But since we are drawing certain analogies, here's what this looks like to me - "I want to be a boss, but I don't want to climb the corporate ladder like normal people. Can I pay my way to boss position?"... It's outrageous I know. And it's perfectly applicable here. Truth of the matter is, there aren't as many "whales" as people think there are. But even so the principle still stands. It's a multiplayer game (with game being the driving word of the sentence) and as such, granting a paid route to the cream of the cake, when the game's intended route is different, is more or less an insult to most grinder MMO gamers, no offense. People who max out their toons and are among the best in their class have a completely different "status" among the playerbase compared to those who bought their gear and are among the best in their class. And the toxicity that some of these people display sometimes is exactly because they aren't granted that which a "legitimate" player gets for his/her accomplishments.

• Like 1

"Look at me, I didnt swipe to reach the top but im bitter because no one is looking at me more than the other guy that swiped to match me." 

That mindset, while extremely shallow, sadly is what governs some of these top players that didnt spend as much/at all compared some other top players. You see it in forums, discord etc. Top players bitching about how they lost something and go on a rant against whales if it turns out they didnt spend as much as the person they lost to. At the end of the day, why are we solely blaming devs and publishers though? They're only selling and pandering to what appeases the majority the most.

As much as people complain and rant about this or that, at the end of every fiscal marketing gets out their charts and numbers that show them bs is what the majority people either want, or respond most positively to...because the interest(spending etc) shows this. If it stopped making them money/profit, they would stop doing most of the nonsense they're doing in a heart beat. People need to stop complaining because those are the same people u'll see in discords, forums etc bragging and flaunting away about their trove/money event endeavours. You have to sit there and just go "wait, wut?" sometimes.

Last time i sold gold was a 1k batch for the so-called pricecap of 1.8hc. And back then we were crying about the 1:5 then later on 1:3 rates. Good times. However with this arbitrary 1:2 rate I felt extremely bad since I believe we as the sellers should be the ones to be in control of the prices. Whether it is up or down, we should be able to sell at whatever rate we see fit when nobody else is selling instead of the developers indulging in with their preset limits. If it goes down to the ground of worthlessness then so be it, that's on us but i just cannot stand the developers, game advisors and those higher up the ladder are meddling into our affairs when they themselves have little to no understanding of the game mechanics. Sure the taxes are reasonable, even so no other sane mmos do this kind of dictatorship regarding currency exchange prices. But I do agree, it should be completely terminated from the game at this point. It makes many of use bitter to the point of quitting temporarily and in worse cases permanently of our own volition.

• Like 1