Whoever thought of this is brilliant

RolasuDraygan

FINALLY the elements and jewels you can craft with element powder and jewel powder serve a purpose outside leveling pre-level 50 weapons/accessories. For some reason you always get jewel powder from dungeons like Desolate Tomb and Ebondrake Citadel but you couldn't really do much with with it once you hit level 55 HM whatever. Now I can finally transmute jewels and elements to help me get legendary jewels and legendary elements for a bit cheaper. I love this change a lot. This was really smart. It's balanced in the sense you can you won't just get all the materials you need to transmute off 1 dungeon run (probably) but the material costs are pretty low overall. Awesome job devs c: 

Is this a troll post? I can't tell..

But anyway، this change is completely stupid. It is much more expensive and time wasting than the previous method. They should have never removed it. They have to reduce the cost to atleast 5g and 3 elemenrs/jewls for this change to be anywhere near decent. Atm its just horribly bad and very poorly thought out

1 minute ago, sephy Kun said:

Is this a troll post? I can't tell..

But anyway، this change is completely stupid. It is much more expensive and time wasting than the previous method. They should have never removed it. They have to reduce the cost to atleast 5g and 3 elemenrs/jewls for this change to be anywhere near decent. Atm its just horribly bad and very poorly thought out

Not a troll post. They reduced the price by half and added VERY easily obtainable items that most players could get without breaking a sweat. You're asking for too much in my opinion. I'd love it if they decided to reduce it to 5G and maybe 3 or so elements/jewels but that make it too easy. You can get 5 gold doing just a couple very low level dungeons or 1 higher level dungeon. It would make it just too easy and that's not something they want. They want you to keep playing and working towards gaining more power/better gear without it happening too fast or it being too annoying to gain the materials to upgrade. The materials needed to get the legendary jewels/legendary elements are now easily obtained without it being too easy. At least that's my opinion on the matter. 

I did a calculation and making a legendary element/jewel costs pretty much the same 20g when we consider the cost of making the elements/jewels. They just made it more annoying to get. Now I have to waste mouse clicks into salvaging weapons as well as soul shields and jewelry -.-"

12 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

I did a calculation and making a legendary element/jewel costs pretty much the same 20g when we consider the cost of making the elements/jewels. They just made it more annoying to get. Now I have to waste mouse clicks into salvaging weapons as well as soul shields and jewelry -.-"

so what were you doing with the extra accessories, weapons and soul shields before? were you selling them? throwing them away? @MassiveEgo

41 minutes ago, RolasuDraygan said:

so what were you doing with the extra accessories, weapons and soul shields before? were you selling them? throwing them away? @MassiveEgo

I used to sell them to dragon express. It was the fasted way to get rid of that trash without typing stupid "Discard" or "Salvage" confirmation

I see... so you'd not be hassled with a few extra clicks then. I mean that's perfectly fair. If you had the money to outright buy 20g gems there's no reason they should've taken it away. However, I still really like the change. I don't know why they took out the regular option to buy it for full price though. 

6 minutes ago, RolasuDraygan said:

I see... so you'd not be hassled with a few extra clicks then. I mean that's perfectly fair. If you had the money to outright buy 20g gems there's no reason they should've taken it away. However, I still really like the change. I don't know why they took out the regular option to buy it for full price though. 

Seems to me that u havent played this game long enough to think this change is BRILLIANT or u have played this game since beta and still think this change is BRILLIANT. I think there is something wrong with u, or u just another whale that doesnt care and just trollling around.

26 minutes ago, Egoist00 said:

Seems to me that u havent played this game long enough to think this change is BRILLIANT or u have played this game since beta and still think this change is BRILLIANT. I think there is something wrong with u, or u just another whale that doesnt care and just trollling around.

No I haven't played this game since beta but why is something wrong with me? Please explain. 

52 minutes ago, RolasuDraygan said:

No I haven't played this game since beta but why is something wrong with me? Please explain. 

Because apparently , Judging by my calculations of materials in my server (zulia) , 1 soulstone costs around 60s now. 1 element needs 5 soulstones and 10 fusion powders and a fee of 50silvers to transmute. Hence, 5 x 60s +50s = 3.5gold each element . multiply it by 5 again since you need 5 elements and 10g to purchase a single legendary element. 

[ ( 3.5g x 5 ) = 17.5g + 10 g ] = 27.5gold for 1 element/jewel 

2 minutes ago, razero98 said:

Because apparently , Judging by my calculations of materials in my server (zulia) , 1 soulstone costs around 60s now. 1 element needs 5 soulstones and 10 fusion powders and a fee of 50silvers to transmute. Hence, 5 x 60s +50s = 3.5gold each element . multiply it by 5 again since you need 5 elements and 10g to purchase a single legendary element. 

[ ( 3.5g x 5 ) = 17.5g + 10 g ] = 27.5gold for 1 element/jewel 

You're assuming you have to BUY everything and you don't. There's low level faction missions by themselves that give you more than enough soul stones as the reward. If you choose to buy everything that's on you. The game gives you ample opportunity not to pay for every little thing. Not only that the prices on the market fluctuate all the time so you're math is correct but only for a certain point in time. It can cost more or it can cost less. Regardless I love how you all won't just let me enjoy this change. Rather you have to prove something that was never asked for. 

1 minute ago, RolasuDraygan said:

You're assuming you have to BUY everything and you don't. There's low level faction missions by themselves that give you more than enough soul stones as the reward. If you choose to buy everything that's on you. The game gives you ample opportunity not to pay for every little thing. Not only that the prices on the market fluctuate all the time so you're math is correct but only for a certain point in time. It can cost more or it can cost less. Regardless I love how you all won't just let me enjoy this change. Rather you have to prove something that was never asked for. 

Good Luck farming 24/7.  U should able to buy at least 2 if u farm the whole day :).

this change is beyond stupid. how farm jewel powdder? you need 50 jewel powder to make 5 jewels, that you can exchange to 1 leg jewel. but for 1 leg accesorie you need 100 leg jewels, witch means you need 5000jewel powder,how you can  get that, all high gear players never stacked that trash material like me . so now i cant make enough jewels even i have a lot of gold, other method with soulstone and sacred crystals is not good too , all leg acc needs 200 sacred crystal and soulstones for breakthrough so its 1k of each, you can buy soulstone its cheap , but sacred orbs have insane price, almost 2g for one, and you need 15 so its 30g, they made almost  immposible to upgrade now with 20 g was cheaper an more simple all this new stuff makes things very hard to do and you cant farm most of stuff fast, 

1 minute ago, Doan said:

this change is beyond stupid. how farm jewel powdder? you need 50 jewel powder to make 5 jewels, that you can exchange to 1 leg jewel. but for 1 leg accesorie you need 100 leg jewels, witch means you need 5000jewel powder,how you can  get that, all high gear players never stacked that trash material like me . so now i cant make enough jewels even i have a lot of gold, other method with soulstone and sacred crystals is not good too , all leg acc needs 200 sacred crystal and soulstones for breakthrough so its 1k of each, you can buy soulstone its cheap , but sacred orbs have insane price, almost 2g for one, and you need 15 so its 30g, they made almost  immposible to upgrade now with 20 g was cheaper an more simple all this new stuff makes things very hard to do and you cant farm most of stuff fast, 

IKR, but NCW and other players like RolasuDraygan are PROUD of this change........

28 minutes ago, Egoist00 said:

IKR, but NCW and other players like RolasuDraygan are PROUD of this change........

LOL You all just love jumping on your bandwagon don't you? Your views seem to skewed a bit. You're not supposed to be able to get all these materials all at once. 

34 minutes ago, Egoist00 said:

Good Luck farming 24/7.  U should able to buy at least 2 if u farm the whole day :).

I don't even have to farm for 3 hours... You all seem to believe that gold is easier to come by than anything else in this game. It's not. If you farmed all the dungeons below naryu foundry to lair of the frozen fang, the monetary reward is pitiful for what would be hours of getting into dungeons, completing the dungeon, and waiting to get into the next one assuming that there are even people queueing for that dungeon or that you have a white orb to do mandate. You could probably afford 2 leg. jewels/elements if you did all those dungeons but meanwhile if you salvage what you get from desolate tomb and ebondrake citadel, you can easily get more than 10 jewel powders and more than 10 fusion powders. It's easier to come across the items you need now and you're all just.... being so lazy and negative about it. But hey, good luck farming 24/7 for that 20 gold ;)

As a side note: I'm sure some of you will tell me it's easy to get gold in this game and then never explain how you get gold. I'd like to ask you to explain how you do get all this gold all the time. If you'd be so kind. 

They should have left the 20g option in so that people who don't want to waste their time could buy them straight up, while people who want more BS roundabout ways of getting things can farm jewel powders to their hearts content.

5 hours ago, RolasuDraygan said:

Not a troll post. They reduced the price by half and added VERY easily obtainable items that most players could get without breaking a sweat. You're asking for too much in my opinion. I'd love it if they decided to reduce it to 5G and maybe 3 or so elements/jewels but that make it too easy. You can get 5 gold doing just a couple very low level dungeons or 1 higher level dungeon. It would make it just too easy and that's not something they want. They want you to keep playing and working towards gaining more power/better gear without it happening too fast or it being too annoying to gain the materials to upgrade. The materials needed to get the legendary jewels/legendary elements are now easily obtained without it being too easy. At least that's my opinion on the matter. 

They didn't reduce it by half, they reduced it by 7.5g (it costs 50s to transmute 1 gem, and you need 5 so that's 2.5g - 10 = 7.5). Also, it is incredibly disappointing that you only craft 1 and not a bundle of them because I personally don't see the point. In other versions they are 1g. Same other versions that have high gold rewards than us, so really it's just NA/EU being screwed over again lol.

I've been here since beta and don't mind the change at all

I'm at nearly max gear from just playing the game for about 2 to 3 hours every night. That's all it takes, playing the game.

I've always salvaged things I didn't need-it's not hard. It's literally just clicking something. Not sure why people are having a stroke over it like it's some crazy amount of extra effort. I also don't get why people insist that they HAVE to buy everything. Hello?? Run a dungeon? What do you people do when you log in??

Do you really just sign up for MMO's, swipe, then complain that everything should be easier to swipe? lmao

I just don't get it, maybe I'm missing something.

??? What else is there to do in game but dungeons/raids and pvp? What are you doing when you log in that it's literally impossible for you to gather materials???
Why do you play MMO's if you don't have time to gather materials?? Wouldnt it just be easier to play normal games that don't require any grinding??

Why play a grind game and then demand they remove all forms of grind???

I get that it's a little more expensive if you choose to cash out and I'm sorry to hear that, but again, why would anyone cash out only to begin with??

I'm just lost. Gearing in this game is so easy and literally costs nothing if you just do dungeons or pvp for at least an hour or two a day..

2 hours ago, RolasuDraygan said:

You're assuming you have to BUY everything and you don't.

No matter if you buying or farming something in the game, it has market value. Also, if you don't run all dungeons solo, you have to bid for mats. So new cost according to value of materials is higher than old cost. It's that simple.

The values of Legendary Elements/Jewels are based on the current gold value in the exchange "NCoins" > "HongmoonCoins" is so in all "Blades and Souls" of course that a "Brilliant" mind like yours (Post Author) is not able to perceive this. This was not changed, the calculation was only made to look like it has changed.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/237066-legendary-elementsjewels/?do=findComment&comment=2016841

The KR server values for me are fair values due to the large amount of items the player needs to evolve and acquire.

Yes, you need to think about the “End Game” as this is the goal of the game.

• 2 Weapons PvE & PvP.
  • 9 Accessories PvE & PvP + 3 Elemental (Second Skill Path).
  • 6 Gems + 2 Gems [PvP] + 1 Gem  [Second Skill Path] (Insane Prices and Efforts).
  • 1 Pet (Exorbitant Price).
  • 1 Soul (Exorbitant Price).
  • 1 “New Item” (waiting for the continuation of the above).

Values KR Server Legendary Element/Jewel:

1. 1 gold + 1 Moonstone Crystal + Naryu Silver
  2. 1 gold + 1 Elysian Crystal + Naryu Silver

The current system makes "BnS West" a SINGLE CHARACTER game with a SINGLE SKILL PATH (and all classes have two skill paths), which is unthinkable for the vast majority of players.

We should not think only of ourselves but also of the new players that will come and will have to face even greater difficulties because of people who think it is possible to farm everything in the game and reach the End Game and be happy as a beautiful fairy tale.

Many people are unable to see the whole and only pay attention to their own experiences, it is up to us with a more critical thought to show that it is possible to improve without losing.

44 minutes ago, Showta said:

Not sure why people are having a stroke over it like it's some crazy amount of extra effort.

Because it is. Because to salvage any trash of purple color you need to click on it, than click salvage, than type in "Salvage" without typos and starting with capital (holy shit!) letter and then click Yes. And do this like 10 times after dungeon run. Switching confirmation off may lead to regrettable mistakes and I don't remember to be able to raise confirmation level to legendary, for example. So yes, this is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing crazy amount of extra effort. 

If you can make any amount of extra clicks that game demands, it's good for you. But other players don't like this process of pointless clicking. Also, we weren't aware that powder will be needed in big amounts, it looked like trash for months. This is very annoying that devs do not remove outdated items and we can't know for sure what we will need and what not.

Can't complain since I disabled the confirmation message for salvaging heroic/legendary items so I salvage my whole drops pretty quick. Still having mixed feelings about all of this, I see multiple arguments which are both true and wrong.

To admit it, I tend to be a little on the OP side until I saw Mestremax's post which is the pure truth : I don't know how it is in Korea, but in the West yeah, I used to look for having a lot of chars for gameplay variety but this goal died quickly enough dat after day by gearing my main char.

Achievement system not being shared between chars + upgrading items like Soul is what really makes me out of making alts. Yeah it's not like I want my alts to have Aransu gear and such straight up but having chars that could actually barely do top dungeons would be a must for me. However for that, it's good to have at least FIRST awakened soul, right now it's still annoying me a lot seeing how my dps feels "bad" for some reasons. (in higher dungeons I think I can do ~100k/s, still have stage 10 soul)

When it comes to achievements, I'm mostly aiming to the "skills" part one, would be a dream to have it shared so you unlock HM skills straight up as an alt char or at least if they would finally bother to make reasonnable rates from dungeons. (ex : 192 runs of Sogun, never saw an Ember once)

To get back to the topic, I feel like it's kind of "ok" if these said powders wouldn't mainly come from lower-lvl dungeons. I haven't farmed seriously at all but I'm already sitting at 676 jewel powders atm and most of those are actually from salvaging low-lvl accs. Think if you're class carried enough (lolwarlock) or good enough at speed running, you could 'farm' Poharan but since we just got the Realmrift event, I think it's not really a 100% wise idea x:

Don't forget to bid for accs as well, I see a lot of people just skipping accs like Covenant, Pinnacle, etc when you can just bid them for 3 coppers and get an ok amount of jewel powders from those.

Just saying that's not gamebreaking in my opinion, but could do better as well. Then again it's NC Soft, it's not like it's Ubisoft or Blizzard in terms of listening the community, applying changes, and so on. So yeah, I'm just not really caring at this point, adapting to the situation is the best one can do, and if it gets too frustrating/boring : leaving the game or taking a break from it is still a solution. (not the first time anyone would have to do that, and I'm sure you'll say yes)

5 hours ago, RolasuDraygan said:

LOL You all just love jumping on your bandwagon don't you? Your views seem to skewed a bit. You're not supposed to be able to get all these materials all at once. 

This is actually one of the dumbest argument i've ever heard about this subject. What if i don't want to be time gated? What if my playstyle is to get everything faster than everyone else? Why should i waste hundreds of hours farming for powder when i can farm moonstones or gold? This argument makes no sense, i want to get my gear fast. It was already slow enough and now they made it even slower. Fyi i had enough materials and gold to get to raven 9 that i farmed EASILY but now i can't upgrade because i have to spend twice that time to farm element powder. It's stupid and ridiculous.

Not to mention im pretty busy irl and i dont want to spend half of my playtime salvaging weapons and soulshields. What kind of stupid gameplay is that?

Archived