FM Badges (Fire)

csisy

I know there are multiple sources with this information but most of them are outdated or without any explanation/calculation.

Currently I have a Courage badge since it was the only one I can get til now. :) However I wouldn't recommend it to anyone since it gives you only +100 flame damage if you have it. It was a nice QoL change tho, the 10s burn from your F was nice.

Explanation:

- The Dragonblaze (F) gives you 40% increased flame damage and +100 flame damage.

- The Courage badge gives you 40% increased flame damage and +100 flame damage.

- The % increases do not stack, so it will be: "Equipment flame damage" * 1,4 + 100 (+ 100)

Example calculation:

- Without any buff: 613 flame damage: 190 base, 423 from equipment

- Without badge: 882 flame damage: 190 base, 692 from equipment (692 = 423*1.4+100)

- With badge: 982 flame damage: 190 base, 792 from equipment (792 = 423*1.4+100+100)

So I'm thinking on not using this badge anymore. Also, I'm looking forward to the legendary badges, so the combinations are important. Besides the Ancestral badge (that comes from the Courage), I'm thinking on the Invincible badge and maybe on the Legacy badge.

Why Invincible?

- Dragonblaze is the part of the rotation anyway, so reducing the Inferno's cooldown is nice

- Reducing the Meteor Shower's cd with Inferno is also nice (especially if you have the mystic badge)

- Inferno has 45s cd

- Dragonblaze has 12s cd so every 12s would be -20sec on inferno

- If you use Dragonblaze after using Inferno, it reduces the cd to 45-20 = 25

- After 12 sec, your Inferno has 25-12 = 13s cd, but you can use Dragonblaze again to reduce it to 0

- However, this way you cannot use Dragonblaze immediately after using Inferno (since it's on cooldown)

- After 12 sec, your Inferno has 45-12 = 33s cd, you use Dragonblaze => 33-20 = 13s cd on Inferno

- After 13 sec, you can repeat the whole "rotation"

- So in short, X->X->F->12s->F->X->X->12s->F->13s->repeat

- And of course, use Meteor Shower whenever it's up

Why Legacy?

- With HM Blazing Beam, we can use Dual Dragons way more often than 18s => synergizes well with Tiger bracelet

- With this badge, Dual Dragons would give us the same buff as Dragonblaze so it would not be necessary to use Dragonblaze anymore

- Reducing Meteor Shower's cd is always nice

Why NOT Legacy?

- It does not reduces the Inferno's cd and not using the Dragonblaze seems to be only a minor advantage

- Less Meteor Showers and Infernos than with Invincible: V->X->X->V->45s

Why NOT Colossus?

- With Invincible, we can recude Inferno's cd by 20s every 12s

- If you use 1 Blazing Palm every 1 second, then it would recude Inferno's cd by 12*0.8 = 9.6 ~ 10s under 12s

- This is 10s less than with Invincible

So what do you think, going Invincible would be the best choice?

You're underestimating the importance of the 10 seconds burn that courage gives.

It removes the need to use impact, so instead of using it every 5 seconds you use it only when you want to insta cast inferno. This allows you to maximize the amount of blazing beams that you do in combat because for every impact you're not using you're gaining a blazing beam instead. This is specially significant when you get raven gear which boosts your blazing beam damage.

The other badges sounds nice in theory but they do have flaws. Legacy allows a more relaxed rotation that doesn't require any thinking. But it doesn't provide much in terms of damage compared to the other badges. And if you miss dual dragons then half the benefit of that badge is lost.

Invincible on the other hand gives more hits/second than any other badge which triggers more weapon and accessory procs, however you still have to use impact to apply burn which is a dps loss at this stage of the game. And it is difficult to manage.

In Kr test servers they are making impact have its own gcd so you can animation cancel it with other skills and only then will you use invincible, however they will have to change what courage badge does because it will be useless if this change happenes. We'll have to wait and see.

Ancestral is the best badge currently

@sephy Kun Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, the 10s burn is cool, but IMO the much more frequent Inferno and Meteor Shower gives you more overall DPS than you lose by using Impact. Additionally, even with Courage, you have to use Impact once in a while since the Dragonblaze's cd is 12s and the burn lasts 10s. The third option is the Short Fuse that has 30s cd.

But... I agree with you, using Impact is a DPS loss but it should be measured by "how much".

1 hour ago, csisy said:

@sephy Kun Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, the 10s burn is cool, but IMO the much more frequent Inferno and Meteor Shower gives you more overall DPS than you lose by using Impact. Additionally, even with Courage, you have to use Impact once in a while since the Dragonblaze's cd is 12s and the burn lasts 10s. The third option is the Short Fuse that has 30s cd.

But... I agree with you, using Impact is a DPS loss but it should be measured by "how much".

No you don't use impact in those 2 seconds, you simply continue with your nomral rotation. 2 blazing beams without burn>1 blazing beam with burn+impact.  You're playing it wrong.

If you search in reddit this has already been tested a long time ago 

For example

At that time we used skyrift mystic badge instead of aransu badge so meteor shower was boosted even more. Courage still came out on top of primal force.

The higher your gear is the less you're going to rely on meteor shower damage, and the more you'll rely on blazing beam damage. 

Feel free to use whichever you want though

Archived