Enemy Silence

Got 7 spins off but only 4 heart shards? I'm convinced we're being TROLLED.

Recommended Posts

Seriously? if it isn't bad enough to actually get your 18 seconds done but there's RNG in the damn shards? BULL!!! this is a prank. I'm calling conspiracy.

CONSPIRACY THEORIES:

1. NCSOFT is getting a huge laugh and are high fiving each other while trolling the holy hell out of us to see if we'll get offended or realize it's all a joke.

 

2. This is a social experiment to see the difference in how the western players versus the eastern player, behave and treat each other.

 

3. NCSOFT is attempting to sabotage the game because the upkeep of the servers (they won't fix) out weighs their annual profits and will loot box us to death until we quit. 

 

4. Someone's wife cheated on them with a guy from this part of the world.

 

Either way, i refuse to believe this event was done without any malevolent intentions. Something happened, someone got offended or upset. I can't help but to think we're being trolled or abused. I know the tinfoil hat is showing but let's break this down. We've had back to back to back loot bozes with RNG. Trove on christmas and NO CHRISTMAS THEMED environment. Last few events have been hot garbage and ultra anti consumer. Next week we'll be introduced with another RNG box with goodies locked behind low drop chances. Frre to play or not, NO OTHER COMPANY can get away with this level of blatant disrespect. We can't even get combat bug fixed, and you can't find me ONE PERSON cool with that.

 

How many of your skills have bugs? How many months will we wait for our balance changes? How long will it take to fix 6v6? Name me one other company that can screw around their player base this hard and receive no backlash? The best we do is meme the hell out of jonathan as if ANY of this is even remotely his fault. I haven't been spending my money and i urge you guys to follow suite. The behavior at this point is no different then being abused and making excuses for your abuser. They need to address this NOW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Senmaa   

I agree with everything posted. This wheel "event" is stupid af. 18 seconds to spin? I too am not going to spend money on a game where the people who bring the game to the players don't seem to care how we spend our time in game. Oh and F2 is broken again. Friend list was never fixed... among other things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Egoist00   
47 minutes ago, Senmaa said:

I agree with everything posted. This wheel "event" is stupid af. 18 seconds to spin? I too am not going to spend money on a game where the people who bring the game to the players don't seem to care how we spend our time in game. Oh and F2 is broken again. Friend list was never fixed... among other things.

 

Every update, instead of fixing old bugs/errors, they get worse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean you do not even get a shard every time you spin? so when all is said and done and the event is over you might not even have enough shards in the end to even get the item?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Valkyriewild said:

You mean you do not even get a shard every time you spin? so when all is said and done and the event is over you might not even have enough shards in the end to even get the item?

Hell no you don't! And even though the scenario you're speaking of is unlikely but it IS very possible and that's just pure effery. Which is why i believe we're being trolled. They ruined our christmas, they ruined our second anniversary and now they're ruining our valentine's day event. Back to back loot boxes to add insult to injury. Tax season is coming up so they go OD on the anticonsumerism. You spend hours playing the game a day all to be tempted by some outfits that will cost you around 100 something dollars to wear for a day or so before you're bored seeing yourself and everyone else with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XO   

"Happy Valentine's Day from NCSoft West".

 

 

Like they ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing know people are outraged over gear in pvp in 6v6 but please, PLEASE, apply that to a holiday event in a open world that only allows you to use 2 wheels w/ a ridiculous wait time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
razero98   
3 hours ago, Statler said:

9 spins, 2 pieces, need i say more?

I was there for 4 hours straight. Got only 3 shards out of all the 13-ish times i've spinned. The pvp part is so damn irritating, but this? 18 seconds of praying to jonathan that you wont get bombed or nuked . Only to get a single sacred orb / soulstone.  As if the pvp wasnt bad enough. WELL PLAYED NCSOFT, WELL F***ING PLAYED ! 👏

Edited by razero98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Enemy Silence said:

Seriously? if it isn't bad enough to actually get your 18 seconds done but there's RNG in the damn shards? BULL!!! this is a prank. I'm calling conspiracy.

CONSPIRACY THEORIES:

1. NCSOFT is getting a huge laugh and are high fiving each other while trolling the holy hell out of us to see if we'll get offended or realize it's all a joke.

 

2. This is a social experiment to see the difference in how the western players versus the eastern player, behave and treat each other.

 

3. NCSOFT is attempting to sabotage the game because the upkeep of the servers (they won't fix) out weighs their annual profits and will loot box us to death until we quit. 

 

4. Someone's wife cheated on them with a guy from this part of the world.

 

Either way, i refuse to believe this event was done without any malevolent intentions. Something happened, someone got offended or upset. I can't help but to think we're being trolled or abused. I know the tinfoil hat is showing but let's break this down. We've had back to back to back loot bozes with RNG. Trove on christmas and NO CHRISTMAS THEMED environment. Last few events have been hot garbage and ultra anti consumer. Next week we'll be introduced with another RNG box with goodies locked behind low drop chances. Frre to play or not, NO OTHER COMPANY can get away with this level of blatant disrespect. We can't even get combat bug fixed, and you can't find me ONE PERSON cool with that.

 

How many of your skills have bugs? How many months will we wait for our balance changes? How long will it take to fix 6v6? Name me one other company that can screw around their player base this hard and receive no backlash? The best we do is meme the hell out of jonathan as if ANY of this is even remotely his fault. I haven't been spending my money and i urge you guys to follow suite. The behavior at this point is no different then being abused and making excuses for your abuser. They need to address this NOW!

This event was first and foremost designed for Korean players and we got the exact same one. Koreans or other Asian servers do not have this same problem we have. As far as i know, for the most part Eu and Na are the only places that have a toxic community and this is what the designers of this event did not take in to account. Part reason is the design of the event but part reason is also the absolutely toxic players in Na and Eu that destroy events like this.

 

They more or less listen to their Korean playerbase only and no one else when it comes to changes, you see it in every single Korean mmo out there that western playerbases most often are pretty much not treated as good or they suffer other major differences such as excluded content. So i doubt they gonna do anything about it but you can always try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@post above me: Makes sense but that flirts dangerously on victim blaming. This was a poorly made event, plain and simple. Take out the pvp, you still have 18 seconds on a wheel with RNG tied to it. You still have pinchy bombs the trolls can troll with. Ignoring your player base is almost as anti company as racism. Only difference is, one will reach the media and the other won't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dad   

I've stated this soon as the server reopened that it was RNG. You won't always get the hearts. Yet again, it's not worth your time. This game is now like EA BF II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dearsren   

Spent my whole evening trying to spin. Spinned 45 times and got 26 shards. I had a quite lucky time for a while without whale trolls, but damn this is the most annoying event ever....for a really useless item

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a normal single player mode i don't mind RNG but in an mmo RNG is far worse for this 1 particular reason that i really hate. It is universal RNG and not individual. Let me explain what i mean by that.

 

There was this one time i was trying to get Jiangshi outfit, i spinned and spinned till 1 guy showed up buzzing around me obviously wanting to spin too and seeing i was already spinning that one. Well he managed to get 1 spin in between of my spins and guess what it dropped, the outfit i was trying to get. All my hard work went to nothing and also gave me the realization on how RNG works.

 

Let's say we do 100 runs and in 10 runs a good item drops but we just don't know in which runs. Now if you were to be the only person to do those 100 runs it would be 100% guaranteed to get 10 good item drops. Now in an mmo you have thousands of other people doing the same dungeon meaning this: after 27 runs if the item is meant to drop on the 28th run, the person who gets to do that 28th run first will get the drop. This means that invisibly tons of players are "stealing" each others' good drops. This part of the RNG makes the whole thing just absolutely infuriating that your hard work can be completely wiped out by some lucky guy doing his first run in between and taking the drop from you.

Reason you see some people not seeing anything good in like 1000 tries.

 

If the RNG was to be somehow made into individual based every single person would have gotten those 10 drops in that 100 runs, just never know when. Thus everyone having to work the equal amount of times to get something good. Ofc in mmo world the droprates are lower so it would be more like 1 in 150 runs or something.

Edited by Amarathiel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arohk   
5 minutes ago, Amarathiel said:

In a normal single player mode i don't mind RNG but in an mmo RNG is far worse for this 1 particular reason that i really hate. It is universal RNG and not individual. Let me explain what i mean by that.

 

There was this one time i was trying to get Jiangshi outfit, i spinned and spinned till 1 guy showed up buzzing around me obviously wanting to spin too and seeing i was already spinning that one. Well he managed to get 1 spin in between of my spins and guess what it dropped, the outfit i was trying to get. All my hard work went to nothing and also gave me the realization on how RNG works.

 

Let's say we do 100 runs and in 10 runs a good item drops but we just don't know in which runs. Now if you were to be the only person to do those 100 runs it would be 100% guaranteed to get 10 good item drops. Now in an mmo you have thousands of other people doing the same dungeon meaning this: after 27 runs if the item is meant to drop on the 28th run, the person who gets to do that 28th run first will get the drop. This means that invisibly tons of players are "stealing" each others' good drops. This part of the RNG makes the whole thing just absolutely infuriating that your hard work can be completely wiped out by some lucky guy doing his first run in between and taking the drop from you.

Reason you see some people not seeing anything good in like 1000 tries.

 

If the RNG was to be somehow made into individual based every single person would have gotten those 10 drops in that 100 runs, just never know when.

Pretty sure that's not how it works.

Even If, it doesn't change anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   

Easy fix :

 

1. Lower spinning time to 3 sec

2. Lower the 2x65 shards to 2x30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Arohk said:

Pretty sure that's not how it works.

Even If, it doesn't change anything.

It does actually, i've seen it happen too many times to count. If you create your own scenario with some RNG elements and you put the chance to like 5%. You see getting so many hits in under 200 runs that it isnt even funny.

 

I made my own scenario to simulate RNG. Made the chance to get a legendary drop to 3% and let it run for 2000 runs. In that time there was 68 drops in a maximum attempts tried before a drop being 123 runs and average runs needed for a drop being 28 runs. Not exactly what you seeing in real dungeon nowadays are you? Still i get RNG is RNG but based on that it shouldnt never take over 500 or 1000 runs to get something even with that chance amount. So that reinforces my original statement further.

Edited by Amarathiel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brincas   
7 hours ago, KzE said:

Easy fix :

 

1. Lower spinning time to 3 sec

2. Lower the 2x65 shards to 2x30

maybe next year if BnS survive until then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dad   
8 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

It does actually, i've seen it happen too many times to count. If you create your own scenario with some RNG elements and you put the chance to like 5%. You see getting so many hits in under 200 runs that it isnt even funny.

 

I made my own scenario to simulate RNG. Made the chance to get a legendary drop to 3% and let it run for 2000 runs. In that time there was 68 drops in a maximum attempts tried before a drop being 123 runs and average runs needed for a drop being 28 runs. Not exactly what you seeing in real dungeon nowadays are you? Still i get RNG is RNG but based on that it shouldnt never take over 500 or 1000 runs to get something even with that chance amount. So that reinforces my original statement further.

People who played team fortress did the same thing years ago when it came to the popular hats. Pretty sure those videos are still up on youtube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now