Tone Deaf Event - Violence for Valentines

Maryelle

Seriously, NCSoft? You have created a Valentines event centered around violence. I mean seriously, with all the #metoo stuff making the news, and domestic violence being a huge issue, having people fight to the death for a Valentines Day event is crass and completely tone deaf. Love is a battlefield, my ass. Who thought of this and why did no one flag it as a bad idea?

On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men. ... 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men have been victims of severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime.

A survey of domestic violence data in Australia revealed that 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men have experienced at least one incident of violence from a current or former partner since the age of 15. ... Between 2014 and 2016 there were 264,028 domestic violence incidents reported and recorded.

...a newly released study by the Korean Institute of Criminology has revealed that the assault in broad daylight in the South Korean capital, while extreme, was not an isolated incident of abuse.

The study, based on responses from 2,000 South Korean men, showed that 1,593, or 79.7%, had physically or psychologically abused a girlfriend while they were dating.  

I don't think the responders get what the base note is saying.  Sure, it is a violent video game -- but why have a valentine event heavily themed with the trappings of "love" and dating to cater only to the PvP scene.

Wouldn't   having a V-day event centered around the Valentine's Day Massacre be more appropriately titled?  This event has nothing to do with what most would consider to be normal V-Day celebration events.  At best, it's _mislabeled_, at worst, its trying to pull in people who might want to send a V-day card, gift or chocolates, and surprise them with murder, mayhem, and shock.

Seems like an ideal way to turn off and lose romantics.

If they *want* to have a murder and mayhem event, just set people's expectations.  If you want to attract new players who might be romantically inclined, given them a romantic option w/o the need to kill other people.

I don't know about others, but I tend to see a difference between killing npc's and pc's...

As for those who agree w/this:

11 hours ago, Wataru said:

You're playing a game where you're murdering people ...  left and right.

There's a difference between killing an npc and pc in this game -- even if it isn't "real killing".  I.e. if you normally focus on PvE play, this event is far from appealing.  If you focus on PvP play -- I'd expect the event not to be as much of a problem (maybe a few changes could be made, but overall -- its ok), or actually the greatest thing since sliced bread.... Oh what fun to kill off 20-30 people standing in line w/1 shot.  It's like mowin' down babies!  

To appeal to both crowds, separate events might have been thoughtful, but if you are trying to turn off one of the crowds or get rid of them... having a romantic event only celebrated by PvP violence...um...probably not a horrible method... ;-/

The problem is that this event forces people to pvp. You do you dailies, it gives you essence and you are curious to see what you can get. This curiosity leads you to war zone where geared people just slaughter lowbies. That's far from arena events or battleground events where you at least will be matched by rank. Awesome event for people who bought top-tier gear and now don't have nothing to do in game.

I personally stopped to pvp long ago. Because I really liked whirlwind but I simply don't have enough free time to participate and to gear up. So I switched to be a casual player. Still, I pay for premium and sometimes buy outfits/rng boxes. And that's what I've got in return.

I'm not against pvp. PvP is a great thing when it's balanced (and it's not atm) and without forcing to pvp.

this event must be the worst ever in gaming history and whoever came up with that idea should be fired

not only are you putting a pve item (1boss ap soul) in a pvp event, the item you get from the wheel is RNG.

spin 18sec in a pvp zone with the enemy's wheel a few meters further, this is just bullshit

This event feels like a wait at the BMV. NOT fun; like I want to be spending valentines week/weekend at the BMV, NO THANK YOU.

3 hours total trying to spin the wheel for this event, being killed for touching the wheel and having bombs thrown at the crowd to stop them from spinning the wheel.

Dead Asf event

AZXt3YFrTFC_kw6AQgb3xQ.png

19 minutes ago, SeiL said:

Man, get out of here with that.......

It's like you people never played GTA or something. Which is a Prime example of violence, but does anyone care?(well besides some people here) NO.

there a lot of games with violence and more than this event, but its up to the community make it more easy for all, today players take some channels and respect each others (something curious to see) (and yeah, eventually some ppl come to disturb, but it ok) and make a lines for spin everyone... well, like i said in other post, i was very surprised with that, so it's up to the community, everyone want the same, so ppl start to organize it, and it works, some ch for masacres and achievements, others ch for spin the wheel and collect our items, but... yeah, im curious how much time we gonna enjoy this organization in players hands xd (sry 4 my english) :3

When two or more players agree to pvp, they are simply competing.  Anything non-consensual is only "fun" for one side, and that side is griefing/bullying the other. 

I left the pathetic sight of school yard bullies too many years ago to even care about this "event".

• NCSOFT

Hello,

Please be reminded that our Blade & Soul forums are not the right venue for political references in posts. Please use appropriate platforms for discussing political movements. This thread is now closed.

Regards,

Amraith

Archived