make dugeons fun

LuIius

Honestly, even though most people will disagree the current Poharan event is the most enjoyable event (for me) in forever, dungeons these Days have became so dull and boring, of course, Everything was new and cool when we were new to the game but even then running the same dungeon over and over could be fun, no party was the same as the last one, people were nice and willing to help players that did not yet know any mechanics for clearing bosses. and of course, the part that bugs me the most, The dungeons are no longer any challenge. Yes you've got hard mode but finding a party for that with players on a gear level that would make the run challenging is near impossible. Not to mention players no longer seem to have any knowledge of mechanics, or be willing to learn them either, dungeons have just become a pewpew fiesta. Some of this is obviously the fault of the Community, but I think ncwest has a hand in it too, with all the random nerfs to dungeons/mechanics and the buffs to the gear aquired from storyline Everything becomes to easy. I never really understood the Point in halving some of the bosses HP over time when all the players are also getting more strong with time, you should be doing the exact opposite, at least for hard mode. But I understand nothing can really be done about this, I'm just sad that the players I meet in f8 are just becoming more and more like dps bots, unable to do anything but pewpew. If I had to put a time on it I'd say things started to go down hill after the "secrets of the stratus empire" patch.

Something that I think could revive many players enjoyment of 6-man dungeons is if you'd add an "other worldy" mode for all dungeons where you'd mimic what you did to good old 6-man poharan in this event, of course you'd have to balance the drops etc not to ruin the economy.

This way we could go back and enjoy the good old Yeti mechanics or wiping to ashura in soguns lament because no one brought antidotes

• 4 weeks later...

It was fun when i got the chance to do them but everyone was class specific which i understand why. What wasnt fun for me is if there wasnt clan runs in the POH event i would have to pug and i remember staring in dungeon lobby people only looking for grabs/bb/sb...thats 3 of a party of 6 already. Other times  i would try to join party's and they would kick me. Great i had the dps but i had no grab for boss, no soul burn for higher dps and no bb for the same reason. I tried lfp too and omgosh always got stuck with people who knew nothing about the mechanics cause they never did blackram supply chain. So my FM barely got enough combs for any of the event items especially the pents. rip me for choosing an FM i guess

let's face it who wants to be 24/7 in a dungeon? the vast majority wants to finish the fast dungeon to do something else, another is that ncsoft would have to make the dungeon hard extremely hard for those people who are not satisfied with killing the fast boss, those people who look in detail to detail what they are doing the other bad player (psychopaths gamer I call them), : D. I have been playing since I start the server, those days that to have 9 + ap to 200 times dt, I get tired I do not want to enter a dungeon at least on the day more than 2 times, I prefer to enjoy it on the battlefield losing the time there. To that I add I love the open world pvp thing that in blade and soul died, I love the 6vs6, for some strange reason I do not like the pve anymore, the worst part of this is that I have to enter the dungeon 250 times to to be able to get some of the pvp rings, that you see before you can have them already playing something else, not to mention that I'm not the type that is lucky and I get 10 fragments in the critic, I have to farm 1 for 1 until I reach the requirements that the pvp ring asks me for. (I'm exhausted, frustrated, and very tired of being so many times entering the same dungeon again and again). if you are not satisfied with this, ask the developers to make the difficult dungeons more difficult / in hard mode), and problem solved. Amen I love you, sorry for my English.

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎06 at 2:56 AM, LoliDolly said:

It was fun when i got the chance to do them but everyone was class specific which i understand why. What wasnt fun for me is if there wasnt clan runs in the POH event i would have to pug and i remember staring in dungeon lobby people only looking for grabs/bb/sb...thats 3 of a party of 6 already. Other times  i would try to join party's and they would kick me. Great i had the dps but i had no grab for boss, no soul burn for higher dps and no bb for the same reason. I tried lfp too and omgosh always got stuck with people who knew nothing about the mechanics cause they never did blackram supply chain. So my FM barely got enough combs for any of the event items especially the pents. rip me for choosing an FM i guess

honestly, the poh events did have it flaws, in that sence, but the kind of party leader that wont enter unless the party is absolutely optimal have Always excisted. fms were usefull in realmrift aswell, just not as usefull as grabs were.

9 hours ago, Sheral said:

let's face it who wants to be 24/7 in a dungeon? the vast majority wants to finish the fast dungeon to do something else, another is that ncsoft would have to make the dungeon hard extremely hard for those people who are not satisfied with killing the fast boss, those people who look in detail to detail what they are doing the other bad player (psychopaths gamer I call them), : D. I have been playing since I start the server, those days that to have 9 + ap to 200 times dt, I get tired I do not want to enter a dungeon at least on the day more than 2 times, I prefer to enjoy it on the battlefield losing the time there. To that I add I love the open world pvp thing that in blade and soul died, I love the 6vs6, for some strange reason I do not like the pve anymore, the worst part of this is that I have to enter the dungeon 250 times to to be able to get some of the pvp rings, that you see before you can have them already playing something else, not to mention that I'm not the type that is lucky and I get 10 fragments in the critic, I have to farm 1 for 1 until I reach the requirements that the pvp ring asks me for. (I'm exhausted, frustrated, and very tired of being so many times entering the same dungeon again and again). if you are not satisfied with this, ask the developers to make the difficult dungeons more difficult / in hard mode), and problem solved. Amen I love you, sorry for my English.

the game is and will stay a "grindgame" to some extent, but raising the difficulty would mean you can decrease the amount of runs required to gain whatever you're looking to get, parties with excellent teamwork should be rewarded...

12 minutes ago, RavTH said:

make blackram narrows raid for luls?

the only real mechanics in narrows is to cc the last boss when he grabs, im talking more about dungeons level 45 and up, like poh, labyrinth, nexus, citadel, yeti,masts and soguns lament

Archived