Sign in to follow this  
Liamortica

[BM] Looking for a clan

Greetings everyone,

So, I am fairly new to the game and just finished leveling up my Blade Master to level 55, HM 9 and now I think I am set to finally look for a clan where I can learn more about the game, practice dungeon raids, and basically just to have a chance to make friends with in-game and have fun all together. If there's anyone out there with lots of patience and willing to take me under their wing, I'll truly appreciate it.

Thank you so much in advance!

Nyaha   

The forums are not very active. You should just ask in game through the faction chat (crimsons are more active, so you will have more chances with them). Or if you see a clan group in a dungeon - you can ask them about it. After all, to see if you will fit in the clan - you usually just have to try and go in one anyway.

Just decide what type of a clan you are mostly interested in and ask for those. I mean - you can ask for casual or semi-casual. Hardcore are probably out of your reach as those are far ahead of any nonewhale newcomer. Also note that the term "casual clan" can be interpreted pretty widely.

7 hours ago, Nyaha said:

The forums are not very active. You should just ask in game through the faction chat (crimsons are more active, so you will have more chances with them). Or if you see a clan group in a dungeon - you can ask them about it. After all, to see if you will fit in the clan - you usually just have to try and go in one anyway.

Just decide what type of a clan you are mostly interested in and ask for those. I mean - you can ask for casual or semi-casual. Hardcore are probably out of your reach as those are far ahead of any nonewhale newcomer. Also note that the term "casual clan" can be interpreted pretty widely.

Hi and thank you for your helpful reply! I’ll try looking in-game again. I did it once, well, while low level, to sort of look for a group of people that would be willing to help me learn more about the game’s mechanics and be friends and I got surprisingly really mean replies hence I got discouraged and thought I’ll just look again after I reach max level, and maybe here in forum so I can just lay out my information so whoever wants to take me can invite me.

Oh yeah, I really noticed how some, of course not all, are so mean in-game. It’s my first time ever encountering such level of hostility towards newcomers from all the games I’ve ever played. I mean, we may lack experience and knowledge at the moment but it doesn’t mean we’re that stupid to not learn them overtime. If we get to spend the same time as those ‘veterans’ in-game, we can mostly know what they know by then. I read the forum every chance I get, just to keep myself informed about things I must know but I feel for those who don’t even have forum account (which by the way are a lot) to read or make threads and ask questions. So they ask in-game which is the most convenient way. But with such behavior which I’ve seen on a daily basis, it’s demoralizing and demotivating and it’s really sad.

Edited by Liamortica

Nyaha   
3 hours ago, Liamortica said:

I did it once, well, while low level, to sort of look for a group of people that would be willing to help me learn more about the game’s mechanics and be friends and I got surprisingly really mean replies hence I got discouraged

Well there might be a problem with your attitude. You must understand that this is a game and not a work place. People come here to have fun and not to be obligated to teach someone how to play the game. So if you are asking "I am new here! Pls someone invite me to a clan and teach me the game" i doubt that you will ever find anyone.
Remember - no one is obligated to you, as well as you are not obligated to them. Sure you can ask someone to help you with something, but be prepared that they will simply refuse (out of any reason or without).
I didn't have problems with either finding a clan or being in a clan. Because i never asked from a clan anything than being a friendly company. No strict obligations, keep it casual and cool, and respect each other's time and effort - that is my way.

18 minutes ago, Nyaha said:

Well there might be a problem with your attitude. You must understand that this is a game and not a work place. People come here to have fun and not to be obligated to teach someone how to play the game. So if you are asking "I am new here! Pls someone invite me to a clan and teach me the game" i doubt that you will ever find anyone.
Remember - no one is obligated to you, as well as you are not obligated to them. Sure you can ask someone to help you with something, but be prepared that they will simply refuse (out of any reason or without).
I didn't have problems with either finding a clan or being in a clan. Because i never asked from a clan anything than being a friendly company. No strict obligations, keep it casual and cool, and respect each other's time and effort - that is my way.

No, I wasn’t obligating anybody anything. I was looking for a clan without mentioning ‘to help me’ in anyway. I was looking for a friendly clan, I added my class and level but they were like mean in chat like ‘Noob! Nobody wants a low level!’, ‘Just go level nobody wants you.’ and the like. Trust me, I wasn’t affected with the 3-4 mean replies to me after this because they made sense. So I didn’t push through and decided I will go find later on when I’m max. But what got to me is the attitude. For what reason can you be hostile towards a post, ‘Hi guys! Level 40 BM here looking for a friendly clan to play with.’? And it wasn’t just towards me, I see it everyday how newbies asking questions in chat get shamed just for asking. How difficult is it to let the ones who want to help reply and whoever wants to be mean just don’t? There is never a need to shame someone you don’t even know nor haven’t done anything bad towards you. Just something I thought I’d put out there.

/Edit:

But anyway enough of this venting. I fully understand that such people are everywhere in all MMORPG and they’ll never go away. It’s just I was taken aback by how many they are here that’s all.

I’ll try looking a clan in-game later tonight. Wish me luck!

Edited by Liamortica

Nyaha   
4 minutes ago, Liamortica said:

And it wasn’t just towards me, I see it everyday how newbies asking questions in chat get shamed just for asking.

I don't know and i am not going to reply for someone's else actions. I only look at the faction chat when i need something from it - so i ignore all the unnecessary drama.

And when i entered the clan at low lvl - that was the start of the game so it was normal. But now, because the game rly starts only after you finish the main quest line - no one will recruit someone they don't already know who is below lvl 55, at least - not in a functional clan.

Sign in to follow this