Regarding Upcoming Blade & Soulmate Event

SooperSuki

4 hours ago, Valkyriewild said:

Hopefully people will be decent for this event and come together and let people get there rolls done, from 1 gamer to another. Like an unofficial don't attack rollers rule.

Even if they do that, it's still a ridiculous design to have people spend the better part of an hour spinning a wheel. That literally says you care nothing about your players. You think their time is that frivolous that it's no big deal to use that much of it pressing F and then idling. This really is the ultimate no life achievement, and you have to hate yourself a little to participate in it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • NCSOFT

I can totally understand the apprehension on the PvP portion of the Blade & Soulmate event, especially for those who prefer not to engage in battles with other players. While this part of the event will more than likely end up being a large brawl in Cinderlands (especially at the beginning of the event cycle), do keep in mind that the event is ongoing for 6 weeks and the True Heart item is not a required item to obtain. This portion of the event will mainly appeal to achievement hunters, cosmetic collectors, and world PvP enthusiasts. 

As usual, we'll be monitoring and relaying your feedback of the event to the development team so please let us know what you think throughout the event's duration.

42 minutes ago, Liinxy said:

I can totally understand the apprehension on the PvP portion of the Blade & Soulmate event, especially for those who prefer not to engage in battles with other players. While this part of the event will more than likely end up being a large brawl in Cinderlands (especially at the beginning of the event cycle), do keep in mind that the event is ongoing for 6 weeks and the True Heart item is not a required item to obtain. This portion of the event will mainly appeal to achievement hunters, cosmetic collectors, and world PvP enthusiasts. 

As usual, we'll be monitoring and relaying your feedback of the event to the development team so please let us know what you think throughout the event's duration.

Sorry guys, this event is not for everyone ^_o.

48 minutes ago, Liinxy said:

1/ I can totally understand the apprehension on the PvP portion of the Blade & Soulmate event, especially for those who prefer not to engage in battles with other players. While this part of the event will more than likely end up being a large brawl in Cinderlands (especially at the beginning of the event cycle), do keep in mind that the event is ongoing for 6 weeks and the

2/ True Heart item is not a required item to obtain. This portion of the event will mainly appeal to achievement hunters, cosmetic collectors, and world PvP enthusiasts. 

3/ As usual, we'll be monitoring and relaying your feedback of the event to the development team so please let us know what you think throughout the event's duration.

1. Spreading the misery over a 6 weeks period, doesn't magically make it any less miserable;

2. Basically 100% of the playerbase when cosmetics are concerned (at least in EU/Jinsoyun);

3. We are not guinea pigs;

I've been told from reddit that you can use the pincy bomb nearby to grief the spinner even without pvp outfit on. this event is not going to be friendly at all

So why don't they make the wheel instant like other wheels? Do they believe we will be as civil as Japanese version? This is mind boggling.

1 hour ago, Liinxy said:

No offense but did you read what you just wrote?

You just said a portion of the event is not for the entire player base yet then you use 2 specific words "achievement and cosmetics"......things most people want in your game.

And world pvp? do you even bns? World pvp is a who hits 1st to one shot you encounter.

Not sure why you thought this reply was good on a thread that clearly points out the flaws of an event that is supposed to celebrate you know "affection".

What better way to show your affection then to kill someone in the process. 

This will be one Bloody and Soulless Valentines event.

12 minutes ago, JuicyBH said:

I've been told from reddit that you can use the pincy bomb nearby to grief the spinner even without pvp outfit on. this event is not going to be friendly at all

So why don't they make the wheel instant like other wheels? Do they believe we will be as civil as Japanese version? This is mind boggling.

The event package is X. We want Y. Do you think a corporation as big as NCSoft will grind to a halt and instantly make adjustments and some pretty complex reworking of the cinderlands geodata+map+hardcoded mechanics? Yeah, no. They won't. In other words we are going to be stuck with this event as it is and our only option is to just deal with it or not play. And do they care (I mean NCSoft's main branche)? Of course they do not, otherwise they would've done something about it by now. No amount of regional care from members of the EU/NA team is going to change this, which stings cause they are the ones that will take the brunt of the artillery fire once people get pissed off enough to come to the forum or social networks and vent. Pecking order doing it's job I guess...

The concept of the event itself is okay. What my main point is the overall spin duration. I don't quite understand the reasoning behind the 18 second spin.

Promote PvP? Okay, keep more people vulnerable at the wheel by extending the time. But that doesn't equate to active PvP. Even capturing a point in BG is WAY shorter than 18 seconds. There are people who like and collect cosmetics who also don't like PvP, and being interrupted can be aggravating. Promoting PvP would be such as: kill a player to receive a drop; not attack a player to stop them from spinning. At least preventing another player from capturing a point in BG works towards a goal for the attacker. In this event, it gains them nothing other than to maybe be able to use the wheel. But since it takes so long to complete the spin, you can also be easily interrupted. Even when working in teams, having to stall for 18 seconds is a really long time in PvP.

Thus leads to the point that this is promoting PvP by way of wasting each other's time from spinning the wheel. It benefits the players that want this item to be patient and let each other take turns to spin the wheel after we reach our desired kill count to get the item. Since it comes to such means, this negates the fact that this promotes PvP.

The length of the spin also leads to congestion, where a lot of players will huddle around and try to spin the wheel. I know, 6 weeks of event. I know, we're limited to how many tokens we get daily/weekly, to help spread out this potential congestion. But this leads me to believe that the devs think we have such a low player base that this would be a non-issue.

3 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Its not about the pvp portion, its about how badly thought the "pvp portion" is.

Remember year and a half ago you guys put out a decent pvp event which encouraged ppl that didnt pvp to pvp. http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/gift-of-the-winds-event-now-live/ That was a fun event, some ppl hated it because they dont like to pvp, but if theres a pvp focused event, you are gona have to pvp to participate and im okay with that, we dont have to always have pve focused events.

Now the "pvp portion" of this event is just straight out stupid. Awfully implemented. Also just so you know, standing still like a dummy for 18 secs is not pvp, its not fun, specially when you have to do it freaking 130 times, and this is the part most ppl are complaning about, not the actual pvp. Most ppl are not complaning about having to kill each other, its the stupid wheel idea, which might have worked great on your test server where there is 3 of you and no one is attacking each other.

Here are some less stupid ideas to make this event less frustrating:
1) Instead of using the essences of love to spin the wheel, make it so that  essences in your bag turn into crystals when you kill someone of the oposite faction. One essence turns into crystal per kill. I kill someone wearing Heartbreaker faction outfit while im wearing Love maker one, boom, i get a crystal. It's not the best idea, but far less stupid than sitting spinning a wheel.
2)Take the pvp to a pvp place. Make any of the 6v6 equalized gear, you can only queue to it while wearing the outfit, you get matched with ppl with the same outfit vs ppl with the other one. Winning gives you 5 essences, losing gives you 1. (Different queue, that doesnt count for the 6v6 dailys, or rankings)
3)DONT MAKE US SPIN A WHEEL FOR 18 SECS WHEN EVEN A DEAD SUMMONER CAT CAN INTERRUPT US. 

And its not even about "oh the reward for it is not a requiered item". Have you thought that maybe we want fun events because the game gets quite repetitive and events is a way to break the in game routine and have fun? It's not just about the rewards... not for everyone at least. We know the reward is basically just a silly aura  that we wont even use once we have the real item for that slot, we just want fun events that are fun to take a part on, not frustrating. And lately you guys have been doing quite a bad job at it.

3 hours ago, Katjes said:

No offense but did you read what you just wrote?

You just said a portion of the event is not for the entire player base yet then you use 2 specific words "achievement and cosmetics"......things most people want in your game.

And world pvp? do you even bns? World pvp is a who hits 1st to one shot you encounter.

Not sure why you thought this reply was good on a thread that clearly points out the flaws of an event that is supposed to celebrate you know "affection".

What better way to show your affection then to kill someone in the process. 

This will be one Bloody and Soulless Valentines event.

Give this man a medal.

Boy I can't wait to talk about this fail event on my next video. The event applies only to the p2w who love 1 shooting people, but even so like people already stated all you need to do to ruin a ALREADY before it even started! Ruined event, get bombs toss them, play assassin and troll around a little. Stand around like a target on a 18 second wheel wasting life away as someone tries killing you for some dumb title on your head I myself have hidden on all players and my char the past years this games been up.

12 minutes ago, DustinMcDohl said:

i think they're just tired of running blade and soul so they're doing their best to kill the game and make it look like they're not actively sabotaging it.

BINGO!! and the the best way to do that is loot box after loot box until everyone says "screw it". That way, they can blame us for lack of interest as to why the servers are shutting down. 

Well really, the critical problem for this event is the 18 second timer on the only Event Wheel of fate on map. There's no logical explanation of why this would even be a good idea.

The dev team that wrote this event idea, needs to clarify the objective on the matter, because I don't think they understand the pacing of it when they made it for one player to wait 18 seconds to proc the prize on the wheel, and you got like 300 hundred other players willing to smack that ass while its rolling, it's not gonna be fun...

If you really wanted to bring back open world pvp, just keep the valentines faction kills part, and scrap the whole wheels of fate part, and make it achievable another way. Maybe through Dragon Express for so and so currency, only obtained through so many event faction kills, you might bring it back.

Because 17.9 seconds of butt clenching is already a huge waste of time, making the exclusive event soul dependent on that roll is what makes this portion discouraging.

PLEASE PLEASE consider changes before you guys go live with the update, I can smell disaster already!!

So loading screen takes long time to load, and before that they already kill you, is that part of your "pvp portion"? You cant even spin the wheel withought the outfit, and if you try it takes 18 sec.

18 hours ago, Liinxy said:

There is absolutely no safe zones involved in this event or safe timer after dying. You can be killed over and over at the spawn location by greedy/underhanded players. This doesn't make the event fun at all, it makes it feel like a nightmare.

13 minutes ago, Alanstar said:

There is absolutely no safe zones involved in this event or safe timer after dying. You can be killed over and over at the spawn location by greedy/underhanded players. This doesn't make the event fun at all, it makes it feel like a nightmare.

You can't press 3 after you are dead to take off your faction outfit?

19 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Randomly 1hitting people aint pvp... u dont know the meaning of the word.. maybe balance it around lv36 or 45?

Also this ain't aion where u get rewarded for pvp kills, its useless and no fun for new people.. not even with my ascendant + pvp ss + added crit def and hepta emerald.. just gonna get 1hit....

At korea u guys wanna change things cause noticed its unbalanced as hell in battlegrounds and then add an event like this... just wow

On 2/4/2018 at 11:27 AM, SooperSuki said:

I know it's not even out yet, but hear me out from someone who actually plays this game and to Bethany and Jonathan who ask for feedback.

I'm not sure how you guys thought it was a good idea to make it so you have 18 seconds to complete one wheel spin. Let's say you don't even get attacked by anyone, and you're standing there just spinning the wheel. You need 65 fragments from each faction, right? And each wheel spin is a chance for either? Okay, so basic math tells me that at the very least it's 18 * 65 = 1,170 secs, 1170/60 is 19.5 minutes. That's about 20 minutes of just standing there spinning... for ONE faction. Since one needs BOTH factions that's AT LEAST 40 minutes. You know people can complete a FULL BT run in less than 30 minutes?

There's no reason to make the spin that long; even 5 seconds should suffice. How many times has a player tried to complete a quest by opening a door that takes  <5 secs only to have aggro'ed a mob and get hit, cancelling the opening?

I am personally unsure how many will participate in this event for what is essentially a cute cosmetic item; but even if there are a few hundred of us, all it takes is a few potential jerks to just hit you while you are spinning to waste your time. Doesn't even matter the gear, a summoner cat or warlock thrall could hinder the spinning.

If you want to promote PvP, how about introducing a gear equalized battleground for an event? Kill players and each kill drops a faction item, or something to that effect. Just a broad idea as I don't like having a complaint without providing an alternative.

This event is F up big time.  Promoting cyber bully all over again not Esports anymore!

20 hours ago, Liinxy said:

I don't think you are playing the same game we are. Good luck getting the 18s spin while dodging being one-shotted.

21 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Well as a outfit and cosmetic collector I would like to tell you that the balance is just redicules since things like fire gunners can oneshot the people at the wheel, the balance is gone because of the whales are able to oneshot the players who can't reach pvp gear good enough so you won't be killed in 0.1 but 3 seconds, so please make it such that there is at the least a 50% chance that the heart fragments drops if you kill another player, because then the non pvp'ers can farm it in peace and the whales can go have fun and grind it easily

This event was one of the biggest mistakes ever, it has showed how toxic and cancerous this community is and will cause a lot of players to want to quit. Ncsoft didn't think this event through at all. Thank you for one of the worse possible gaming experiences ever. Toxic people abusing people who just want to get the event over with. Great job on making several players hate each other and increase the number of people they have on their block list really bringing the community together with this one. On the next event if it's pve should the pve'r just abuse the pvp'r and not let them do the event with them because they are pvp'r and not pve.

18 hours ago, DustinMcDohl said:

i think they're just tired of running blade and soul so they're doing their best to kill the game and make it look like they're not actively sabotaging it.

Thats what they did with MXM. That thing didnt even last a year.

Archived