Regarding Upcoming Blade & Soulmate Event

SooperSuki

I know it's not even out yet, but hear me out from someone who actually plays this game and to Bethany and Jonathan who ask for feedback.

I'm not sure how you guys thought it was a good idea to make it so you have 18 seconds to complete one wheel spin. Let's say you don't even get attacked by anyone, and you're standing there just spinning the wheel. You need 65 fragments from each faction, right? And each wheel spin is a chance for either? Okay, so basic math tells me that at the very least it's 18 * 65 = 1,170 secs, 1170/60 is 19.5 minutes. That's about 20 minutes of just standing there spinning... for ONE faction. Since one needs BOTH factions that's AT LEAST 40 minutes. You know people can complete a FULL BT run in less than 30 minutes?

There's no reason to make the spin that long; even 5 seconds should suffice. How many times has a player tried to complete a quest by opening a door that takes  <5 secs only to have aggro'ed a mob and get hit, cancelling the opening?

I am personally unsure how many will participate in this event for what is essentially a cute cosmetic item; but even if there are a few hundred of us, all it takes is a few potential jerks to just hit you while you are spinning to waste your time. Doesn't even matter the gear, a summoner cat or warlock thrall could hinder the spinning.

If you want to promote PvP, how about introducing a gear equalized battleground for an event? Kill players and each kill drops a faction item, or something to that effect. Just a broad idea as I don't like having a complaint without providing an alternative.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, SooperSuki said:

I know it's not even out yet, but hear me out from someone who actually plays this game and to Bethany and Jonathan who ask for feedback.

I'm not sure how you guys thought it was a good idea to make it so you have 18 seconds to complete one wheel spin. Let's say you don't even get attacked by anyone, and you're standing there just spinning the wheel. You need 65 fragments from each faction, right? And each wheel spin is a chance for either? Okay, so basic math tells me that at the very least it's 18 * 65 = 1,170 secs, 1170/60 is 19.5 minutes. That's about 20 minutes of just standing there spinning... for ONE faction. Since one needs BOTH factions that's AT LEAST 40 minutes. You know people can complete a FULL BT run in less than 30 minutes?

There's no reason to make the spin that long; even 5 seconds should suffice. How many times has a player tried to complete a quest by opening a door that takes  <5 secs only to have aggro'ed a mob and get hit, cancelling the opening?

I am personally unsure how many will participate in this event for what is essentially a cute cosmetic item; but even if there are a few hundred of us, all it takes is a few potential jerks to just hit you while you are spinning to waste your time. Doesn't even matter the gear, a summoner cat or warlock thrall could hinder the spinning.

If you want to promote PvP, how about introducing a gear equalized battleground for an event? Kill players and each kill drops a faction item, or something to that effect. Just a broad idea as I don't like having a complaint without providing an alternative.

U wont able to get an single spin. First of all, that place gonna be Fk crowded, and u expect no one to attack u(also to make it worse, NCW put a stupid achievement to make ppl more bloodthirsty ), hahaha(NCW what a joke). If u want a clean spin, u gotta get a whale clan and have them stand a mile away to defend ur territory hahahahaha.

14 minutes ago, Egoist00 said:

If u want a clean spin, u gotta get a whale clan and have them stand a mile away to defend ur territory hahahahaha.

Another valid point, which then you'd have to consider you are taking up at least 40 mins of their time as they just stand around waiting for you to finish your spinning.

1 minute ago, SooperSuki said:

Another valid point, which then you'd have to consider you are taking up at least 40 mins of their time as they just stand around waiting for you to finish your spinning.

In other words,NCW care less about player experience. I keep wondering who is the GENIUS behind all these events.

prob around the 2nd week people will just split the wheels up between each 'faction' (at least hopefully since everyone will realise how annoying it is to spend 20 secs on a wheel and will decide to mind their business)and kill their friends/clan members for the hearts needed to spin the wheel anyways 

3 hours ago, chocofernia said:

prob around the 2nd week people will just split the wheels up between each 'faction' (at least hopefully since everyone will realise how annoying it is to spend 20 secs on a wheel and will decide to mind their business)and kill their friends/clan members for the hearts needed to spin the wheel anyways 

Yeah, true. But still 40 minutes of just spinning the wheel seems like a lot of time. Unless their suggestion is to spin the wheel only twice a day since we have 6 weeks for this event.

3 hours ago, chocofernia said:

You see the problem with that is, that everyone is going to have both outfit faction, so guess whats gona happen when someone gets impatient because only one person can roll at a time and it takes freaking 18 secs to do so.

2 hours ago, SooperSuki said:

Yeah, true. But still 40 minutes of just spinning the wheel seems like a lot of time. Unless their suggestion is to spin the wheel only twice a day since we have 6 weeks for this event.

knowing ncsoft... theyll be like 'you have a whole month to do the event! no rush!' or something no one wants to hear bc it still wont solve the actual problem

2 hours ago, Unicorns said:

You see the problem with that is, that everyone is going to have both outfit faction, so guess whats gona happen when someone gets impatient because only one person can roll at a time and it takes freaking 18 secs to do so.

i didnt think abt this at all, hopefully the area gets full enough to where there are enough channels for everyone-- there's already problems when there's someone spamming the wheel w/o the spin time (or they realise how dumb it is to only have it on the pinchy wheel rather than all the wheels, or making use of the center area of mushins or just...putting it in the dragon express like all the other events) 

To get the heart, you need 2 halves. The red half costs 65 tokens, and the white half costs 65 tokens. So sum total is 130 tokens, meaning 130 successful - uninterrupted spins, meaning 130 x 18 sec = 2340 seconds = 39 mins... Considering how many people would participate... This looks like very few people would be able to get this. 18 sec seems too long I think.

1 hour ago, Furesy said:

Also don't understimate how ppl can get annoying, even if u have 30 whales around u, 1 guy alone get close to u, equip the faction fashion and stop it...

well im more concerned that whales or high gear player will be practically trolling low gear people either killing or bullying them. This just a bad joke and a failed intent to bring back "faction battles"

Jonathan seemed like he knew how this would turn out while announcing it.  The emphasis on leaving feedback made it seem like he knew it wouldn't go over so well. It gives me the impression that they don't really have much say in what is put in or how it is implemented.

11 minutes ago, Septy said:

I see this event working just fine... in Japan, people waiting patiently in a single queue line, to spin the wheel.

In the west it's gonna be like Mad Max

This is not going to happen as if you can see how many people are cutting lines to get the gold split in the end of bt or vt raid. 

Also, 18 seconds without interruption...um...will this be possible? Even if you have a whole whale guild/clan to protect you, people can just walk up to you and then wear the faction cloth to disturb you. Another way is to use Sin to sneak through the whale in stealth and hit you once. I am sure there will be ton of toxic messages in faction chats or region chats during the event.

"Some people just like to see the world burn."

58 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

This is not going to happen as if you can see how many people are cutting lines to get the gold split in the end of bt or vt raid. 

Also, 18 seconds without interruption...um...will this be possible? Even if you have a whole whale guild/clan to protect you, people can just walk up to you and then wear the faction cloth to disturb you. Another way is to use Sin to sneak through the whale in stealth and hit you once. I am sure there will be ton of toxic messages in faction chats or region chats during the event.

"Some people just like to see the world burn."

Also, NCW events r suppose to be fun, so what's the fun about it, if u just wait in line? right?

3 hours ago, JennyRex said:

Friendly reminder that next to pinchy are bombs that can interrupt players without having to be in a faction uniform c: something that can’t be fought back/protected against

I didn't even consider that. That's disheartening if people want to grief.

These are all points that PLAYERS can deduce as potential issues because they PLAY THE GAME. Hi, event planners, do YOU actively play this game?

2 hours ago, Valkyriewild said:

Hopefully people will be decent for this event and come together and let people get there rolls done, from 1 gamer to another. Like an unofficial don't attack rollers rule.

seems that u r hoping a world without war. :)

Archived