FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE and FREEZE AGAIN

SandreHona

I am working in video game industry.  My Pc is FIT for gaming because i need it.
W7 64 bit pro - AT - i7 - 12 GB ram - 5x 2to - 1x SSD 1To witn OS on it -  GTX 1050 TI.  VDSL II ORANGE / FRANCE
This is my middle workstation to be sure EVERYTHING RUN 100% fluid on it.
I use Blade and soul 32 bit client because I D K why the 64bit do not want to start.

In Mmo industries the contents, the game play and the arts need to be on top obviously, but without correct server, any MMO who freeze each 10 seconds is T.R.A.S.H.
Even is he is the most beautiful of the planet.

Warframe, BDO, Vindictus, Guild Wars II, Rift, Tera, BLESS ONLINE IN RUSSIAN SERVER USING A VPN !!!! (off now) , FF14,  EVE ONLINE, LOL, HEROES OF THE STORM and Neverwinter.
ALL THIS GAMES 0.0.0 LAg or FREEZE !   Same computer , same internet provider.

BLADE AND SOUL:
Freeze almost each 10 scd,
impossible to do any pvp,
impossible to use my final ability correctly,
Each time a boss or a player do any attacks : freeze ... ... ... 

And you continue to say the problem IS ON OUR SIDE ? 

You have taken my money 1 times, my bad,  i will not put any more in a mmo who use prehistoric server or with incompetent developers who can't fix what is the most obvious important thing to do in any online game. And i invite all the players who have the same problem to do the same.

i have a ryzen 7 1700x, 16 gb ram (3200 mhz dual channel) 2 ssds (240 gb + 1 tb) and a gtx 1060.

game runs smooth on 64 bit with everything maxed out at full hd (1920x1080). sometimes it's stuttering as it's loading new things in (obviously an engine thing).

i find it hard to believe that you work in the games industry, yet have such a "bad" computer. still running win 7 (no dx12?) and 12 gb of ram? that's a odd number as i don't know of any 6 gb ram sticks (2x6gb for dual channel) or any 3 gb ram sticks (4x3 gb for quad channel if even possible with your mainboard/cpu).

1. check your drivers.

2. what's running in the background?

3. any hw issues?

4. overlays, (steam, shadowplay, twitch, whatever) might interfere with your game.

1 hour ago, SandreHona said:

I am working in video game industry.  My Pc is FIT for gaming because i need it.
W7 64 bit pro - AT - i7 - 12 GB ram - 5x 2to - 1x SSD 1To witn OS on it -  GTX 1050 TI.  VDSL II ORANGE / FRANCE
I use Blade and soul 32 bit client because I D K why the 64bit do not want to start.

In Mmo industries the contents, the game play and the arts need to be on top obviously, but without correct server, any MMO who freeze each 10 seconds is T.R.A.S.H.

Warframe, BDO, Vindictus, Guild Wars II, Rift, Tera, BLESS ONLINE IN RUSSIAN SERVER USING A VPN !!!! (off now) , FF14,  EVE ONLINE, LOL, HEROES OF THE STORM and Neverwinter.

BLADE AND SOUL:

You have taken my money 1 times, my bad,  i will not put any more in a mmo who use prehistoric server or with incompetent developers who can't fix what is the most obvious important thing to do in any online game. And i invite all the players who have the same problem to do the same.

If you were what you say you were, you would be more proffessional with your choice of words and not sound like an average angry Squeaker, Smart wannabe. 

Now If it was a "Server/Game Sided" Every single person on the game would be freezing every ## Sec like you do with no exceptions and not some "Random User picked by the game" 

I agree that game could be optimized better, But the way your describing is nonesense and its only coming from your end. 

think problem is in your side

1) some in your system (oc win) or some viruses or maining programs

2) internet connection may be not in your provider but some provider in line - tracert

3) i play with i5-3570 4ghz gtx970 +ssd , lags only on ssp in pvp is 50/50 , now have i7 7700k 4.2-4.5 gtx 1060 , still have on ssp but low fps is not 13-20 but 20-30

in this situation what i7 you have if you have from gen 1-3 you need to know is lower fps , exempla  2600k or 3770k on 5ghz will have lower fps then 7700k on 4.5GHz because of single core performance

p.s. - win 7 may be give more fps but is more unstable because new drivers no more optimize on win 7

To all:

i work in video game industries about 23 years now. Started on Amiga 500. (the ice age lol)

You do not need a 10K$ computer to work in video game industry, you need skills and knowledge.
And ok ok i agree even my big computer is a modest one compare to my devs.

dEEkAy2k9 
i do, as i say before : "This is my middle workstation to be sure EVERYTHING RUN 100% fluid on it."
if it work on this computer it will work everywhere. And same problem anyway with my laptop who have 5 months.

win7 is stable. is up to date and find.

1. check your drivers.                                     no problem at all and up date and checked each 3 days

2. what's running in the background?          nothing

3. any hw issues?                                            rj45 >>> livebox.

4. overlays, (steam, shadowplay, twitch,     no steam, no twich, no social network in any kind.
---------
Dominator
1) no virus, malware, ... clean
2) no i have already check that before hire them i use VDSL II Provider > Orange   (they are really serious and clean)

----------
SayhaSeer
Look at the forum and on internet we are legion to have this problem.
I know that because before posting anything i have read thousands of messages saying the same things until 2016 to today at 02.00H.
This is why i am pissed off and i regret to lost my money. Because my game experience is wasted and my time is precious.
And by the way : i say what i want,  "You want a free hug little "Cricket ?"
----------

New possibility : Hard drive.  All of you use SSD ?
this game run currently on a : SAMSUNG HD204UI ATA perhaps it is not good, but anyway it do not explain why this game and not all the others who are in the same hard drive.

6 hours ago, SandreHona said:

BLADE AND SOUL:

The freezes happens because you're using 32 bit client, you need to run the game with 64 bit client it uses more ram and gives you smooth gameplay without any freezes or lags

i5 2320 3.0 GHz

8GB ram

64bit Win 8.1

AMD ATI HD7750

game runs perfectly smooth 100-120 fps out of combat 40-60 fps in combat, sometimes i'll get a frame drop at the start of hte fight and if it doesn't stop doing it then i just have to restart my computer and its back to running perfectly smooth again.  Try running shadow play with the game if you dont, ATI has playstv for recording, without the program running i get max 15 frames in combat 20-30 out of combat, with it running i get max frames out of combat and 40-60 in combat.

2 hours ago, Sandre said:

----------
SayhaSeer
Look at the forum and on internet we are legion to have this problem.
I know that because before posting anything i have read thousands of messages saying the same things until 2016 to today at 02.00H.
This is why i am pissed off and i regret to lost my money. Because my game experience is wasted and my time is precious.
And by the way : i say what i want,  "You want a free hug little "Cricket ?"
----------

New possibility : Hard drive.  All of you use SSD ?
this game run currently on a : SAMSUNG HD204UI ATA perhaps it is not good, but anyway it do not explain why this game and not all the others who are in the same hard drive.

I used to have Freezes, First couple seconds of freeze upon enter in combat, big attack from boss. ect ect ect, when I had a "Dying Hard Driver" which was felt mostly on MMOs. Then Bought Samsung EVO 850 and fixed all the problems I was having, and the game was running smooth and no problems what so ever. But Even Samsung EVO 850 didn't satisfy me, was simply not fast enough for loading screens, even tho most of other games were loading fast, and overall PC loading performance increased drastically. but I always encountered people entering Dungeons way faster or loading way faster, and I upgraded my SSD to FM-PCx8G2R4-480G Aka  "G.SKILL Phoenix Blade PCIe SSD" So if your planning on getting a good SSD, and have budget for it. You won't be disappointed. The only down side of this, I guess that at first it's fun to always be the first to get in, but later it gets annoying because 99% of times your always on a waiting for everyone. with this SSD From F8 Lobby to enter a dungeon is like walking through a portal with barely any loading screen. like a normal portal outside of Cross-Server.  Never had any kinds of Freezes (Even with Samsung Evo). Never had textures not loading, (Had with EVO but Very rarely) never had loading screens upon entering portal anywhere, (Had with EVO but only in specific locations) apart from F8 for like 2-3 sec, so I guess that's same as nothing.  You Might not need this kind of Over Kill SSD for a normal person, even I don't use full potential of it. but it's a good investment for a longer run. and Since  apparently you work in in "video game industries". it's weird that your stuck with  HD204UI ATA ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I am pretty sure the problem that your having is your HD204UI ATA, but then again, you work in video game industries, so you should have no problem whatsoever to borrow an SSD and actually test on it. and see the difference. 

Now as for my Old Hard Driver. I used to have Freezing, Running/Jumping micro Freezes, Crowded place like SSP when battle begins and everyone attacks at the same time, PC used to Freeze completely for a length of time. and usually boss is dead by the time it unfreezes, Freeze upon enter in F8 dungeon, Freeze upon entering in any kind of combat, Freeze on fast movements, constantly Textures not loading in fast enough, back then many times I fall under the map cause of it. Loading screens was pain in the butt, and sometimes even game crashed. every single portal used to give me a loading screen. and no matter what kind of way support gave me to try, nothing ever helped, until we touched the Hard Drive, and hard drive was dying. and changing it fixed every single problem I ever had. so you see, it might be your problem too. (100% even if it's not HDD) just because your PC doesn't run a game the way you like. it's not always the games fault or the Developers. yes the game is not super duper optimized, and could be better and you might never play as smooth as everyone wants. but engine is old, and they are over pushing it.

No matter which PC you have you will experience various stutters/freezes/fps drops. It's about the game engine and not your PC.

I have 2 machines with different specs and both of them experience those.

i7 3770 and i7 7700 -> stutters the same way

7200rpm HDD(70 Mb/s) and  nvme SSD(1400 Mb/s) -> ingame loading still the same (Starting the game on the ssd is faster)

Gtx 1060 and gtx 1080 -> be it in the minimum or maximum settings doesnt make difference for stutters

1080p vs 4k ->  same as above

Dont belive in people saying they play at maximum without stutters, it's completly BS. You get 120 fps on static areas without using skill, go to  a 12-man or wide map and put everyone attacking starting with soulburn and there isnt a single person which wont have a big fps drop and play with less than 60 fps.

My advice play the game as it is, there is nothing you can do about it.

PS: For anyone who says that play at max setting with 120 FPS feel free to upload a video starting a fight for the first time with 12-man on a wide area with all buffs without stutters or with constant fps.

13 hours ago, SandreHona said:

BLADE AND SOUL:

after i read all post in this thread, i can confidently said your problem is because you use 32 bit client... in 32 bit, game only ever use 4gb ram and that will limit speed engine and will make shutter

you can try to run 64 bit, or send ticket to support on how you can run 64 bit... or maybe you should use this chance to upgrade to win10 64 bit

SayhaSeer
YOU WHERE RIGHT!

21 hours ago, SandreHona said:

UPDATE

I re installing B&S from scratch - Same computer
But on my Windows10 OS > try it in 64 bit > same problem.
then
I re installing B&S from scratch - Same computer
on my Windows10 OS > on my SSD > try it in 64 bit > NO MORE LAG AT ALL.

it's working i am happy, ok, cool, but why ?

Then i use a software to analyze how many KB/MB are written in the tampon/temp (and other place) the game use to send informations in my hard drive,
how many he received, send, how many tick per seconds the hard drive take  ... ... ... when blade and soul run.
mmo are same as a peer to peer (torrent) (to be ultra supra dummy simple)  but do not save "really" physically the information on the hard drive,
and because the don't "preload" stuff,  they need to use this way to proceed.

Dear users, now this: -------------IT'S WAY TO HEAVY--------------- 10 times the data weight of warframe, for example per sec.
So it is totally OBVIOUS it can't run FLUID on normal HD - Without 64 bit managing 2 times the memory space of a 32 bit os. (to be simple again)

So i apologize for some of my words
BUT i DO NOT apologize about : incompetent developers AT ALL!
in 2018 we have technology to analyze this and this is BASHED on blade and soul.
Depending of the gamer hardware, is pure stupidity !
We use MIDDLE GAME COMPUTER to test our games for obvious reasons : Avoiding this. 
If it runs fluid on a 8 years old computer it will run fluid on a recent one. Again SKILLS -NOT- HEAVY SHIT.

THE MINIMUM TO DO is to say in obvious place when customers get the game.
Same as many company who write that on the download page or on the steam description column : SSD + 64 bit Os highly recommended to avoid lags.

This "topic" is closed,
i wish you a good game experience and all the fun you can have irl or in-game.

Thx all for your help.

Unreal engine is a trash engine for open world and massive shared instanced games. The amount of games in the past 5 years that are open world/shared instance and run optimally well/as expected, can be counted on one hand with fingers to spare. Anyone working in the video game industry knows this and avid gamers with no dev experience know this. The engine's purpose, its primary reason for its existence, was to be used for shooter games or games with small, closed maps, games that have instances limited to very few players, im talking anything under 15 players. 

Therefore, what one ends up having when using this engine for open world, large shared instanced games, is either under performing games or games that do not play smoothly, period. BnS falls under the former, not the latter. It under performs, the reason why most people including myself do not notice or complain about this under performance often, if at all, is because the game is still giving playable/smooth enough gameplay to the user. Its still well above 60fps most of the time.

With that being said, I think that your first post, if not every post u made in this thread, is a trollbait. Any avid gamer, let alone anyone working in the video game industry knows that the flaw is the tool that was used for the job. Unreal engine was the wrench used to hammer the nail being an open world, large shared instanced game. If you have doubts about this "engine being the problem" assumption, I have some games I can list off the bat to fortify my point.

i don't know at all unreal engine. I work on Unity , never use, don't talk about it, all my partners work on Unity too.
i don't know unreal problems have or do not have.  i do not even know this game was using unreal engine.
i am not a technical or a developer this kind of stuff do not interest me at all.
I was trying to understand WHY this game LAG and all the other do not.

By the way BLESS online i have play was done on Unreal Engine, and i never have any lag in any way possible even using a VPN  in Russian Server
i stand corrected, i was having lag issue in mass pvp 100 vs 100. but with vpn... or when 50 players was in the same zone. know i know it's unreal problem. ok.
Nothing similar as blade and sou who was terrible to play and who freeze each 10 scd.

If you say it's unreal engine, why not, but i have identified the problem and find the solution in my previous post.
So apparently unreal engine was not the problem concerning MY probem.

And by the way :  trollbait my ass , thx to keep this kind of shit for yourself.
good for you if you have time to read docs about engine you do not work with, sorry i do not.
Knowledge and experience are variable depending on what you are working on and who you working with,  
everyone as is own agenda and his own xp, don't even think because YOU know something EVERYBODY know it. 

Archived