I'm Completely Lost..

N0JOKE

So I came back after not playing since for more than a year and a half and I have some equipment on me but then I noticed that there are like different weapons now? Different paths, how do I obtain those new weapons and can anyone please clarify to me what the hell is going on (lol) because I myself just can not understand what the heck am I supposed to do with my weapon and my accessories. I legit am thinking about creating the same class from scratch just because of this huge confusion.. Thanks.

So to get the new upgradeable equipment I need to finish the "new" storyline? (idk how new it is to u guys because I haven't played for a while)

What do I do with my old equipment, I have it on kind of high levels, do I just leave it there, continue upgrading it? What am I supposed to do with it?

Also I'm level 50 hm 5, how do I get to level 55?

Unequip your weapon and gems, you should have the option to exchange them for new stuff, nothing you can do with your accessories. As Riss has said do the story, you'll get everything to catch up. To get to level 55, you have to start Act 8 of the story, then you'll start getting normal exp again.

I have no idea what weapon you are using or how highly it is upgraded.  But when I returned both my warlock and forcemaster weapons were able to be salvaged into a stage 1 baleful/seraph legendary weapon which you get I believe when you finish act 8.  My level 47 I think she was got a scaleburn weapon when she salvaged her weapon.  However my stage 7 siren weapon on my summoner is not salvageable so I am just stuck with that until I get better from the main story quest.  As far as accessories go none of them changed for me I will switch them out as better ones from the main story quest comes available.  Lots of old materials I had also we salvagable into materials used to upgrade the baleful/seraph weapons as well such as void fragments and stuff like that.  Hope this helps with your confusion.  You will know if anything is salvagable because it will have a green icon on it you cant miss it and as far as old materials they will show up in the box that pops up at the bottom by the B&S button.

You see this Original Poster guy right here? This is indicative of a larger problem that isn't his fault, and NCsoft really should address.

Since the game launched, they changed have changed almost every aspect of the game considerably at this point. Don't get me wrong, I think most of the changes are for the better, and if you can think of a way to improve the game... absolutely do it! Don't leave the game in a bad way if you have a way to improve it just because some people are resistant to change. I love this game, and the changes are almost entirely positive, BUT leaving remnants of old systems in it does serve to confuse new and returning players. That is a big problem. It makes the game look like an unprofessional, low quality mess, and that isn't a good way to retain players. At the same time, we have to understand that a returning player is going to have gear from old, outdated systems. I think the antique management system is the most intuitive way to handle that since salvaging the item for another item is not intuitive.

They changed the crafting system, changing prices, changing materials, adding new ones, then taking them back out later, then going so far as to remove entire crafting guilds, and change the way they work entirely, even changing the interface windows.

They changed the way gems work in the game at least twice.

They changed the way transmutation works in the game multiple times. I still think the chance to fail on some items is absurd, and I will never transmute if there is a chance to fail. NEVER!

They changed how soul shields work. You used to be able to sacrifice soul shields to other soul shields to buff their stats. Now that function is very limited.

They changed how the weapons upgrade. You used to have to make your weapon gain experience by sacrificing weapons to other weapons. They kept changing the prices, and then added new lines to go up, but didn't have the interface to make it clear what the choices were. Then they decided that wasn't good, and changed it totally again. Then they changed HOW you do it.

They changed how the skill point system works completely. You uses to have a talent point build system. Now you just sort of have 3 options for various skills, and you choose how they work.

I am sure there is stuff I am forgetting, but this game works almost completely differently now.

The problem with that: There are remnants of old forgotten systems in the game all over the place. Items that serve no purpose or almost no purpose still drop. There are items that refer to things incorrectly in tooltips. For example... you want an onyx gem? You can buy a pentagonal one from the vendor in Celestial Basin. You will need a transcendence engine. "Where do I get one of those," you might ask? You hover your mouse over the tooltip, and it says "Automaton Foundry." "Where is that," you might ask? It doesn't exist. There is no such place because it is not called Automaton Foundry. It is called Irontech Forge. Very confusing. Also, why do green, and blue weapons still drop? What function do they serve? If you go hover over the loot table while signing up for a dungeon like "Cold storage" for example, it will tell you that it drops Silverfrost refining stones, which were used as part of an item upgrade material for an old system that isn't even in the game anymore. Also, it is incorrect to say the dungeon drops them. It no longer drops them. What function do they serve? I still have some. Why are they still in the game? Use the antique management tool. NCsoft needs to clean up their game! It serves as a massive point of confusion for people who haven't been here the entire time. Why can you only do Cold Storage once per day? Why do we need white orbs to fight Jinsoyun? It is ok if people want to grind Jinsoyun these days right? What good are black rose feathers these days? It would be ok for people to earn them real fast. Awakened Necropolis - Mirage Crystals? I don't even know what those are for. Elemental powder and jewel powder still drop... why? The transmutation window still allows you to create elements and jewels. Why? You can't use them for anything anymore. They were part of an old item upgrade system. Why are we still handing out 10,000 experience charms? 10,000 experience doesn't even move my experience bar by literally one pixel unless I use multiple of them. Just read the skill description for warlock's dimensional volley ability, and try to make sense out of that. It is unclear. There is a dimensional volley, dimensional charge and dimensional salvo? What is the difference between charge and salvo? How do I get it to do one or the other? Need a Gunwon weapon to upgrade your gear because you threw yours away accidentally? Sure you could go earn it from Celestial Basin, which is where the tooltip on the Gunwon Weapon says you get it... or you could go to Grand Harvest square and buy one for 2 Naryu Silver from the coin exchange merchant, which is practically free. Why isn't that listed as a source to get it in the tooltip?! There are places to get things cheaper that just aren't listed! When you open a box to get an item you have a "%" chance to get the following things when you open the box. How about you putting the actual numerical % chance to get it in there so that we know whether it is a 1 in 4 chance or a 1 in 200 chance?

People are scratching their heads thinking, "Do I need to hold onto this item or not? It is taxing my inventory space. Is this item even relevant anymore, or is it one of the MANY red herrings in this game?"

It goes on and on. Do you see my point? We need to clean the game up. Spring cleaning! Get all the old stuff, and references to it out of here. Fix the tool tips for everything, and make it clear what people need to be doing to advance, what we need to get, where to get it, how to get it (is it earned, bought, or is it a drop, what does it drop from?). It all needs to be accurate, smooth, intuitive, and clear.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:25 PM, NorbertTheOpinionated said:

You see this Original Poster guy right here? This is indicative of a larger problem that isn't his fault, and NCsoft really should address.

Since the game launched, they changed have changed almost every aspect of the game considerably at this point. Don't get me wrong, I think most of the changes are for the better, and if you can think of a way to improve the game... absolutely do it! Don't leave the game in a bad way if you have a way to improve it just because some people are resistant to change. I love this game, and the changes are almost entirely positive, BUT leaving remnants of old systems in it does serve to confuse new and returning players. That is a big problem. It makes the game look like an unprofessional, low quality mess, and that isn't a good way to retain players. At the same time, we have to understand that a returning player is going to have gear from old, outdated systems. I think the antique management system is the most intuitive way to handle that since salvaging the item for another item is not intuitive.

They changed the crafting system, changing prices, changing materials, adding new ones, then taking them back out later, then going so far as to remove entire crafting guilds, and change the way they work entirely, even changing the interface windows.

They changed the way gems work in the game at least twice.

They changed the way transmutation works in the game multiple times. I still think the chance to fail on some items is absurd, and I will never transmute if there is a chance to fail. NEVER!

They changed how soul shields work. You used to be able to sacrifice soul shields to other soul shields to buff their stats. Now that function is very limited.

They changed how the weapons upgrade. You used to have to make your weapon gain experience by sacrificing weapons to other weapons. They kept changing the prices, and then added new lines to go up, but didn't have the interface to make it clear what the choices were. Then they decided that wasn't good, and changed it totally again. Then they changed HOW you do it.

They changed how the skill point system works completely. You uses to have a talent point build system. Now you just sort of have 3 options for various skills, and you choose how they work.

I am sure there is stuff I am forgetting, but this game works almost completely differently now.

The problem with that: There are remnants of old forgotten systems in the game all over the place. Items that serve no purpose or almost no purpose still drop. There are items that refer to things incorrectly in tooltips. For example... you want an onyx gem? You can buy a pentagonal one from the vendor in Celestial Basin. You will need a transcendence engine. "Where do I get one of those," you might ask? You hover your mouse over the tooltip, and it says "Automaton Foundry." "Where is that," you might ask? It doesn't exist. There is no such place because it is not called Automaton Foundry. It is called Irontech Forge. Very confusing. Also, why do green, and blue weapons still drop? What function do they serve? If you go hover over the loot table while signing up for a dungeon like "Cold storage" for example, it will tell you that it drops Silverfrost refining stones, which were used as part of an item upgrade material for an old system that isn't even in the game anymore. Also, it is incorrect to say the dungeon drops them. It no longer drops them. What function do they serve? I still have some. Why are they still in the game? Use the antique management tool. NCsoft needs to clean up their game! It serves as a massive point of confusion for people who haven't been here the entire time. Why can you only do Cold Storage once per day? Why do we need white orbs to fight Jinsoyun? It is ok if people want to grind Jinsoyun these days right? What good are black rose feathers these days? It would be ok for people to earn them real fast. Awakened Necropolis - Mirage Crystals? I don't even know what those are for. Elemental powder and jewel powder still drop... why? The transmutation window still allows you to create elements and jewels. Why? You can't use them for anything anymore. They were part of an old item upgrade system. Why are we still handing out 10,000 experience charms? 10,000 experience doesn't even move my experience bar by literally one pixel unless I use multiple of them. Just read the skill description for warlock's dimensional volley ability, and try to make sense out of that. It is unclear. There is a dimensional volley, dimensional charge and dimensional salvo? What is the difference between charge and salvo? How do I get it to do one or the other? Need a Gunwon weapon to upgrade your gear because you threw yours away accidentally? Sure you could go earn it from Celestial Basin, which is where the tooltip on the Gunwon Weapon says you get it... or you could go to Grand Harvest square and buy one for 2 Naryu Silver from the coin exchange merchant, which is practically free. Why isn't that listed as a source to get it in the tooltip?! There are places to get things cheaper that just aren't listed! When you open a box to get an item you have a "%" chance to get the following things when you open the box. How about you putting the actual numerical % chance to get it in there so that we know whether it is a 1 in 4 chance or a 1 in 200 chance?

People are scratching their heads thinking, "Do I need to hold onto this item or not? It is taxing my inventory space. Is this item even relevant anymore, or is it one of the MANY red herrings in this game?"

It goes on and on. Do you see my point? We need to clean the game up. Spring cleaning! Get all the old stuff, and references to it out of here. Fix the tool tips for everything, and make it clear what people need to be doing to advance, what we need to get, where to get it, how to get it (is it earned, bought, or is it a drop, what does it drop from?). It all needs to be accurate, smooth, intuitive, and clear.

This right here is why I gave up trying to come back to the game. I came back a few months ago after quitting the game a couple months after release. I had a bank full of items I have no idea what they are for or if they even serve a purpose anymore. I know nothing about the upgrade system anymore. It just seems like a completely different game. I want to come back and play my old character because she has some neat costumes and event items, but at this point I would be better off just starting over from scratch. I could never figure out what all the items I have are for anymore or if they are even useful anymore.

I am not sure why they didn't slowly build off the systems they had in place and mold them into a better systems. it seems like they just threw out everything and basically rebooted the game. The problem is, they left all the old useless systems and items in the game. It leads to an unbelievable headache for anyone thinking of returning. It isn't just me. I have had several friends try to return to the game, just to feel completely overwhelmed and give up like I did.

Seriously, NCSoft I beg you to go into my bank and remove all the junk that serves no purpose anymore, because I couldnt tell you what has any reason to exist anymore. Make ingame tutorials to explain all the changes and what returning players need to know. reading through years of patch notes, each patch completely changing the game leads to most folks just throwing their hands up and walking away.

I really did want to try this one again, but it is just to confusing. I went back to Tera and see that they changed a ton of things, but they did it in a way that makes sense and they didnt leave any of the old systems or items in the game. 

18 hours ago, Iksi said:

Seriously, NCSoft I beg you to go into my bank and remove all the junk that serves no purpose anymore, because I couldnt tell you what has any reason to exist anymore. Make ingame tutorials to explain all the changes and what returning players need to know. reading through years of patch notes, each patch completely changing the game leads to most folks just throwing their hands up and walking away.

I really did want to try this one again, but it is just to confusing. I went back to Tera and see that they changed a ton of things, but they did it in a way that makes sense and they didnt leave any of the old systems or items in the game. 

Correct... who is going to read through a year or more of patch notes? Even if someone did, what good would it do if the person reading it remembers the first system, reads about a second system that was put in place only to have the 2nd system replaced by a totally different 3rd person? Do you realize that, without having lived through it, and understanding that the 2nd and 3rd systems are totally different, reading about it is just going to serve to confuse them even more especially when the see that remnants from the 1st and 2nd system are still in the game? Dear oh dear, what a mess.

Again, I am not saying that they shouldn't change things. If they can think of a way to change an aspect of the game to improve the game even if that is a drastic change, as long as the improvement is pretty good, I say they SHOULD absolutely do it... but they need to clean it up so what to do from now on is clear, and intuitive, and the mixture isn't muddled by old stuff.

Since I don't have the power to fix anything, all I can do is tell you what I did:

I am a returning player as well. I came back about 2 months ago. Inventory was heavily taxed by questionable things. Didn't know what the significance of anything was. Do I need to hang onto these or no?

What I did? Finished out the main campaign gold quest line first. After that, look at the dungeon chain and what it lists as the drop table. Then go through my inventory literally 1 item at a time, read the tooltips to try to figure out what those items are for. Go to the respective vendors for those items, and see if the vendors have anything relevant for me.

IF the tokens used as currency are worth holding onto and saving, then save them, and figure out how to earn more. (A lot aren't worth saving by the way, but then again, there are a good amount that are important to hold onto.)  Go to google and type in "Blade and Soul what are XYZ used for?" Do this for every questionable item one at a time. Yes, this takes a while. Yes, you have to travel all over the world using your windstride teleport move that is probably on a 3 minute cooldown. This is what you have to do to clean out your inventory. If you throw away something you need, you will seriously kick yourself. Make darn sure that there aren't any secondary vendors or places to spend the stuff before you throw it away.

You have to look at every item and say, "What is this for? Let me read the tooltip. Let me actually sit there an analyze the new associated window and system in the game for it, so I know what I am looking at, and understand the full relevance or irrelevance of what I am looking at. Only then do you salvage, discard, sell, spend.

Furthermore, MOST items can be mailed at this point. Create an alt, and mail anything you aren't sure about to your alt... just in case. You can always mail it back later if you need it. Caution: some things can be expensive to mail. The things that are expensive to mail are probably things that are relevant enough that you don't want to mail them anyway though.

This process is slow and methodical, and frankly, you shouldn't have to do this, but again, I don't have the power to fix it, so doing your homework for each item is the only thing you can do. I am not saying it is right. I am not saying this is the way it should be. I am just telling you what has to be done given the way that it is right now. In fact, I will go so far as to say this is a barrier to new and returning players that NCsoft really should consider smoothing out.

Right now, I can't see a better way to deal with the problem than that you have to scrape the rust off 1 inventory item space at a time, slowly reclaiming your character. In the process of doing this, you will learn a lot and familiarize yourself with the way the game works now. You want as much inventory space as possible, but NOT at the cost of throwing something away that you realize that you needed later.

Another good thing to ask yourself before you throw something away is, "How much of this do I have? How hard are these to earn?" Maybe do the quest to earn one and consider the time investment to get it. "Since the tooltips are not 100% accurate, if it turned out that I needed one of these later, could I get it? How hard would that be? If it is not hard, I could afford the mistake if it turns out I made one with 1 hour of investment later? Acceptable risk. 20 hours of investment later to make up for it if it turns out to be a mistake? Unacceptable."

Additionally, look at each window. Go look at the crafting guilds and how they work. Look at the upgrade paths and the huge grocery list of items you will need to upgrade your items. Consider that. Figure out how it works. Figure out what you plan to do, and how you want to do it. You need to do some serious character planning. Look at all the item slots, and do some homework on how to get those items these days.

I had to put in an hour or 2 here and there for several days to make this happen. If you have a character you like that has certain things unlocked, then even though this process is annoying, it does save time in the long run.

When there are many changes in game, old unneeded things must also removed. But there is no good information about Antiques part. Should i sell old stuff or not? Should i exchange or not? So old players are little lost in new changed systems.

But we can still get items and there is still old style gear upgrade path. If you need only follow yellow quest line, you realized it's waste of time and money to upgrade with old style path. Cuz because old stones are not needed, but they're still on market to sell lol...

And i found also out some old crafting points are lost when i came back later. Not very fair.

Now i still need to learn how to get legendary gear pieces.

Archived