Forums

Gunslingers pvp damage :S

DemonicCry

The balance between different classes is corrupted disproportionately since a gunner with pre-intermediate items can one shot a player with endgame pvp build with only his tab skill. This situation needs to be rearranged and gunners' skills need to be nerfed. Unless, either players in other classes will give up with their characters and start to play gunners or, moreover, quit playing the game. Authorities of the game should consider this problem and keep the balance between other classes and gunners. Please put yourself in shoes of your players' shoes and try to understand how bothersome this unbalanced playing is, and how it effects our perspective of gaming experience in a negative way.

14 minutes ago, mankodana said:

no need to complain my dude gunners will get nerf (tab skill) they will need to tag someone with 4 in order to use bulletstorm, otherwise tab will just give then unload.

Not just that, some of their attacks will also no longer penetrate parry / defense skills so you will be able to shield against it.

Gunner is only strong in BG due to the effect from gear because 1) it is a group battle. Gunner can shoot you from behind while you are busy with the other enemy. With max gear, gunner can 1-2 shot you from behind. 2) When you are 1vs1 gunner in BG, if you happen to iframe all his bulletstorm, they will just spam hook (E) to run away until his bulletstorm is back up again. 3) Remember their unload (F) can hit through block/projectile resists, which doesn't make much sense. However, remember to iframe when they use their unload.

To be honest, they should add a short CD to their hook (maybe 2-3 seconds) so that they can't fly away from enemies in BG like an UFO/superman. Even with all the speed boost (SF, Sin, +BD), a player can't catch up with a gunner with 5 hooks spam.

In arena, they are easy kill if you know what to do. They don't have any self-healing and are low in escapes. (only 1 tab escape and 1 get up from kd with long animation.)

That´s not true.
From what i've seen gunner is at least above sum. DMG wise on pair with wl
and fleeing wise on top of sin.

Stalling wise(resist, out of range) while dishing out DPS similar to sum with true friend+block when he plays with peek-a-boo style//hit and run. For DPS he doesnt even need CC.

But its just annoying to play vs gunner, 2-3rounds in 1v1 and u are tired of them, BC if u don't run after them, they reload 2-4hooks and by they time u reach them they just run across the map till their tab is up again. Classes with 1 esc especially suffer from that.

4 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Gunner is only strong in BG due to the effect from gear because 1) it is a group battle. Gunner can shoot you from behind while you are busy with the other enemy. With max gear, gunner can 1-2 shot you from behind. 2) When you are 1vs1 gunner in BG, if you happen to iframe all his bulletstorm, they will just spam hook (E) to run away until his bulletstorm is back up again. 3) Remember their unload (F) can hit through block/projectile resists, which doesn't make much sense. However, remember to iframe when they use their unload.

To be honest, they should add a short CD to their hook (maybe 2-3 seconds) so that they can't fly away from enemies in BG like an UFO/superman. Even with all the speed boost (SF, Sin, +BD), a player can't catch up with a gunner with 5 hooks spam.

In arena, they are easy kill if you know what to do. They don't have any self-healing and are low in escapes. (only 1 tab escape and 1 get up from kd with long animation.)

16 hours ago, Ren36 said:

That´s not true.
From what i've seen gunner is at least above sum. DMG wise on pair with wl
and fleeing wise on top of sin.

Stalling wise(resist, out of range) while dishing out DPS similar to sum with true friend+block when he plays with peek-a-boo style//hit and run. For DPS he doesnt even need CC.

But its just annoying to play vs gunner, 2-3rounds in 1v1 and u are tired of them, BC if u don't run after them, they reload 2-4hooks and by they time u reach them they just run across the map till their tab is up again. Classes with 1 esc especially suffer from that.

DMG wise is not on par with WL. Gunner is much greater than WL. WL has no damage when enemy has projectile resist on (sum, SM, BM) while gunner's unload can hit through it.

That's why I said gunner is good in BG, but not as good in arena. Arena is small area, gunner can't 5 hooks away from you. All gunner can do is using hook to iframe your hits. Also, as long as you know the gunner's skill animations, you know when you have to use escape and iframe his burst damage.

12 seconds per reload (2 hooks). In arena, it is very easy to catch up to them by only walking. Also, their tab has 1min CD and their C (5 times resist) has 32 seconds CD? If they use C and tab, then just iframe up and hit through him 5 times before you start to CC them. As long as you know how to CC them, they are pretty easy to kill (with only 1 escape and pretty much 0 self-healing). They are like either kill or be killed type of class. They can't stall a match especially against a healer class (such as sum, sf, etc) because in the end, they will just die due to no way to heal themselves.

SMH Another person who cries nerf gunners, before gunner people would cry wolf over blade dancer being unbalance. well people don't worry gunner is getting nerf but soon to realize that it did nothing because battleground mostly depends on gear and get hit by the buff unload on back their heads and after come on forums to share their wonderful experience 

"Gunner is much greater than WL."
In most cases Warlock spec defense penetrating Wingstorm vs blocking classes or increased dmg wingstorm(v) vs spinning classes that reduce incoming dmg during spin, that´s why u might perceive that their ground dmg is sub pair to gunner, who doesn´t soley rely on airborne/CC to deal dmg.
That´s also the reason why gunner deals more in 3v3, bc his dmg doesn´t require CCed/airborned targets. Unlike warlock gunner can even CC you midair.

As for hooks, at the start most gunner are trying to dash into range with forward aoe daze into stun before your screen started loading, even upon fail, still forcing you into combat stance. As melee the follow up becomes harder. Depending on if they retreat with 1 hook or if they stay at the edge of 16m, while using their 5hit resist followed up by their air platoons, which grant them additional resist, unless you are a blocking class you have to at least take some dmg. By the end the gunner reloads an additional time, leaving him with 2/3hooks. If you used your resists so far to avoid some of the dmg and if the enemy has somewhat knowledge about your class he will start to disable your approach skills with aoe or directly start off with tombstone to deal at least 50% dmg/CC you, while resisting any CC for the next 2s.
After that he will usually use his 2/3 hooks to get out of range and stall CD(hooks, CC, resist skills). If u are not wary he will use his daze aoe to dash at u followed by his stun, so unless you block/ spin at 25m he will try it at any time.
In any case by the time a melee reaches him, the gunner will either start off with a block into CC or run some more with his remaining hooks for resists. This is at least the perspective of melee classes.

19 hours ago, FrozenB said:

DMG wise is not on par with WL. Gunner is much greater than WL. WL has no damage when enemy has projectile resist on (sum, SM, BM) while gunner's unload can hit through it.

That's why I said gunner is good in BG, but not as good in arena. Arena is small area, gunner can't 5 hooks away from you. All gunner can do is using hook to iframe your hits. Also, as long as you know the gunner's skill animations, you know when you have to use escape and iframe his burst damage.

12 seconds per reload (2 hooks). In arena, it is very easy to catch up to them by only walking. Also, their tab has 1min CD and their C (5 times resist) has 32 seconds CD? If they use C and tab, then just iframe up and hit through him 5 times before you start to CC them. As long as you know how to CC them, they are pretty easy to kill (with only 1 escape and pretty much 0 self-healing). They are like either kill or be killed type of class. They can't stall a match especially against a healer class (such as sum, sf, etc) because in the end, they will just die due to no way to heal themselves.

17 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

Pretty sure if you have a class that can parry projectiles and cause a stun, you can pretty easily predict the gunner's actions, parry their shot and go in for an easy kill.

Gunners skills peirce through parry and defensive skills, so this will not work, thats the entire point of gunners being too op in pvp.

5-6 iframes, 5 seconds resist, damage that 1shots people with 200k hp, and all that double because of alpha call.

30 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Gunners skills peirce through parry and defensive skills, so this will not work, thats the entire point of gunners being too op in pvp.

5-6 iframes, 5 seconds resist, damage that 1shots people with 200k hp, and all that double because of alpha call.

Gunner tab won't be reset with alpha call. Also, iirc, bulletstorm only pierces defense when within 5m of range. If you spec to Unload-Bulletstorm, then yes, it can't be blocked.

5 minutes ago, amokk said:

Gunner tab won't be reset with alpha call. 

They don't even have a clue what skills do, yet they complain about class crying for nerfs. ?

AC is waste of time for gunner solo use. Does nothing. ?

On 1/29/2018 at 3:33 PM, DemonicCry said:

The balance between different classes is corrupted disproportionately since a gunner with pre-intermediate items can one shot a player with endgame pvp build with only his tab skill. This situation needs to be rearranged and gunners' skills need to be nerfed. Unless, either players in other classes will give up with their characters and start to play gunners or, moreover, quit playing the game. Authorities of the game should consider this problem and keep the balance between other classes and gunners. Please put yourself in shoes of your players' shoes and try to understand how bothersome this unbalanced playing is, and how it effects our perspective of gaming experience in a negative way.

enough with the complaining. that gunner was probably end game geared and you barely have hollow accessories. 

I want to see proof, take a video of that happening.

First off, if a gunner hits you with their tab skill then you my friend have no idea about this so called pvp! bulletstorm can be blocked by any class in game, a gunner can be stunned, kd, dazed during bulletstorm; you can just step back out of his range, jesus! - the gunner is a sitting duck while he uses bulletstorm!

my thought is that you do not know how to play your class. my thought is that you don't know how to play against a gunner!

why dont you check pvp rankings and see how many gunners are in top 100? i'll tell you, max 5 gunners. do you even wonder why? cause they suck in pvp! but we have an equal amount of the other classes!

also, have you bothered to even check any pvp tournaments? if yes, how many players use a gunner in pvp tournaments? i'll tell you how many: NOBODY uses gunners in pvp tournaments because they suck and every other class can very easily kill them.

get your head out of your behind my friend and do your research first before complaining please.

2 hours ago, HateMe said:

wow dude, and you seem like an old player whom you'd expect to have a clue about this game and its classes

it's not 5 iframes - a gunner will enter the pvp area with 0 (ZERO) iframes. which recharge every 12 seconds and can be up to 5.

it's not 5 seconds resist - it's 5 hits resist. meaning you can hit that gunner 5 times and no more resist - or 5 people hit the gunner 1 time and no more resist.

damage that 1 shots people with 200k - i want proof! I have never seen this happening, EVER! and i don't believe you have either

alpha call - DOES NOT RESET gunner's skills; only resets skills for other classes.

Learn your facts, then start posting on forums, please

31 minutes ago, nonistaicho said:

First off, if a gunner hits you with their tab skill then you my friend have no idea about this so called pvp! bulletstorm can be blocked by any class in game, a gunner can be stunned, kd, dazed during bulletstorm; you can just step back out of his range, jesus! - the gunner is a sitting duck while he uses bulletstorm!

Most people refer to gunners highest burst as bulletstorm. What most mean in 1v1/3v3 though is the skill that enables them to use bulletstorm/unload.
And no, Gunner is not CC-able during tombstone move 2 for 2seconds, while still dealing massive dmg.
And please refrain from calling 6v6 pvp. 6v6 is just an extension of pve at the current state, unless ncsoft implements ways to counter soul or increases defense against aoe, it´s just who about who hits first and who hits harder, which both apply to gunner in 6v6 atm, while ignoring defense with tombstone move 2.

16 minutes ago, nonistaicho said:

wow dude, and you seem like an old player whom you'd expect to have a clue about this game and its classes

it's not 5 iframes - a gunner will enter the pvp area with 0 (ZERO) iframes. which recharge every 12 seconds and can be up to 5.

it's not 5 seconds resist - it's 5 hits resist. meaning you can hit that gunner 5 times and no more resist - or 5 people hit the gunner 1 time and no more resist.

damage that 1 shots people with 200k - i want proof! I have never seen this happening, EVER! and i don't believe you have either

alpha call - DOES NOT RESET gunner's skills; only resets skills for other classes.

This is about 6v6, not arena. 

Gunners will have at least 5 hooks by the time they get to the middle.

For gunners X, it is BOTH. 5 hits or 5seconds. 

2 hours ago, nonistaicho said:

Any decent gunner will stack hooks prior to entering arena. Also im talking about 6v6. And yes they are practically 1shotting people with 200k HP.

I know the resist takes up to 5 hits, however before you even land 1-2 hits you are already dead, and thats in a full pvp setup with pvp gear and pvp soulshields.

So it happens almost every time.

On the alpha call i wasnt sure if it affects gunner itself or not as i dont play gunner. However the issue still remains that gunners are just way too op in PVP. (PVE wise idc, helps clear the dungeons faster, but PVP is a big deal.)

14 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Any decent gunner will stack hooks prior to entering arena.

You cant. I mean, you can stack hooks while waiting for everyone to get ready, but they'll get reset once the arena match begins. 

Archived