Question for the Warlock mastersHell

Syndrex

Hello. I want to start playing the game and i was thinking that warlock would be a good class because he has both shadow or ice builds and i love these two themes. Any advice for a new player on how to level, play and build a warlock for pve mostly?

Go through the story with dark build. As it's good vs small enemies. And even more - you can play a first few acts in pvp build, killing enemies in stun and air combos. It's fun and it will teach you some pvp basics. For pvp shadow build use your second rmb spec that will do less dmg but will cast salvo on stunned or airborne targets. Then spec X for stun and 2 to airborne, 3 to daze. Don't use pvp spec of dragon helix as it's no good after all the summer nerfs, just use regular helix. Go and have fun with this.
In the later chapters though it will be better to just use basic dark pve spec.

After you finish story - switch to ice build, as to use proper dark build in pve you will need some gear. Like primal badge, and HM skills: 4, rmb. Ice is less gear dependant on the basic level.
Get a taste of ice build and decide if you want to go ice or dark in the end game.
In mid game dark will become much stronger than ice but in the late end game ice can top dps vs a single target in pve.
Then work your way to the top of the choosen element.

Archived