Forums

SF or KFM pve comparison

user001

both class look almost the same.... dps wise which one do better? Do SF do tanking as well?

which to use as pve main ..advise/suggestion ....and also HM skills needed for the 2 class in order to pve well (wanna see the which one cost cheaper in total)

Besides the fact that sf can enter melee stance, they are nothing alike imo. SF absolutely requires hm skills and good gear to reach its potential so it is an expensive class, also is a hard class to excel with in pvp, one of the reasons why not many sfs are around. Other than that, it offers great utility to the party such as healing and res, good dps at endgame with good gear and it is required for VT. Both classes will have an easy time getting into raids and such since a tank is always needed and SF utility is always welcomed. As far as kfm goes, it offers a buff known as blue buff or "bb" including other skills that enhances the parties critical rate greatly and of course it is a tank class so it also offers a lot to the party. If you pug runs then as a kfm you will be expected to tank, however there are some instances where you can just dps and buff if the party already has a tank or if you are in a clan then you can do the same if you don't want to tank. SF may be a bit more ping friendly than kfm... (I gotta make a run so I may come back to edit this and add more later if someone doesn't do so before me)

20 minutes ago, ClassicMan said:

Besides the fact that sf can enter melee stance, they are nothing alike imo. SF absolutely requires hm skills and good gear to reach its potential so it is an expensive class, also is a hard class to excel with in pvp, one of the reasons why not many sfs are around. Other than that, it offers great utility to the party such as healing and res, good dps at endgame with good gear and it is required for VT. Both classes will have an easy time getting into raids and such since a tank is always needed and SF utility is always welcomed. As far as kfm goes, it offers a buff known as blue buff or "bb" including other skills that enhances the parties critical rate greatly and of course it is a tank class so it also offers a lot to the party. If you pug runs then as a kfm you will be expected to tank, however there are some instances where you can just dps and buff if the party already has a tank or if you are in a clan then you can do the same if you don't want to tank. SF may be a bit more ping friendly than kfm... (I gotta make a run so I may come back to edit this and add more later if someone doesn't do so before me)

i see... would love to hear more about your opinion.... esp on HM skills essentially needed for both class(skill names perhaps)

additional question> as for tank ...if i am to choose between KFM n BM...what are the pro n cons of each?

i play wind kfm, if we talk about hm skills for this class you basically need 2 hm skills, your RMB hm (hongmoon pellet) and your swift strike hm (chilling elixir) in order to use the class to its max potential, the bad thing about the playstyle of wind kfm revolves around having good ping or at least stable, well we can say this about any class.

About kfm and bm, i think you will have to try or see their playstyles in order to choose one, fire bm is easier to use than wind kfm; but wind kfm does more dmg (a guy posted a few weeks ago a parse of all classes with our gear kfm(wind) and assasin(lightning) had the most amount of damage aroung 600k-750k if im not mistaken (correct me if im wrong)

2 hours ago, mankodana said:

i play wind kfm, if we talk about hm skills for this class you basically need 2 hm skills, your RMB hm (hongmoon pellet) and your swift strike hm (chilling elixir) in order to use the class to its max potential, the bad thing about the playstyle of wind kfm revolves around having good ping or at least stable, well we can say this about any class.

About kfm and bm, i think you will have to try or see their playstyles in order to choose one, fire bm is easier to use than wind kfm; but wind kfm does more dmg (a guy posted a few weeks ago a parse of all classes with our gear kfm(wind) and assasin(lightning) had the most amount of damage aroung 600k-750k if im not mistaken (correct me if im wrong)

i see....what about fire kfm? not as good as wind kfm? 

could someone also link to that post on damage rating

2 hours ago, user001 said:

i see....what about fire kfm? not as good as wind kfm? 

could someone also link to that post on damage rating

Fire kfm still does good dps but not as much as wind. Fire is better early on before you get good gear and badges or if you have high ping. This is the dps list they're talking about.. 

i see.. thx for the info...

6 hours ago, mankodana said:

so for wind KFM the must have HM skill RMB n swift strike ..others are just luxury(good to have) hm?

what abotu for fire build... is it the same as well?

33 minutes ago, SalemK said:

Fire kfm still does good dps but not as much as wind. Fire is better early on before you get good gear and badges or if you have high ping. This is the dps list they're talking about.. 

Re playstyle: wind KFM is animation cancel class (2 & lmb & f, late game would be just lmb & f), fire KFM is hold 1 button class (2). Fire KFM really lags behind compared to wind KFM in end game dps currently, but has a much easier & argueably stronger early game. Both KFMs are do good dps in solo content due to having bluebuff. Earth SF is animation cancel class (rmb & f), ice SF is spam 1 button class (rmb). Both classes are melee. SF you stay in melee stance 95% of the time in pve so it could be counted as a melee class. Dps wise, sf is weak solo, but quite strong in party with soulburn. Overall worse dps than kfm. Sf is super mobile with a lot of movement skills, also heal and party ressurrect are awesone. Kfm is also very moblie with a spammable block.

Pvp (arena of course): both classes are around the same tier - the weak tier. Not because there is something wrong with them, but because the top tier classes are pretty broken.

Animations: As in how beautiful the animations are, I gotta give to SF. Flashy, fast, and amazing. Ice SF's rmb animation looks good, while earth SF's kingfist looks badass. Kfm wind oncw you have the vt badge you can kick dragons so that's neat too. None of these can beat BM's dragontongue (especially when that BM has Vt mystic badge) however. Now that's some dopeass looking skill.

Re tanking: Kfm is built to tank and has always been expected to tank. Like whenever somebody sees a kfm, they would expect that kfm to tank. SF is not built to tank so nobody expects tanking here.

Both classes are rare birds - the rarest even, due to the fact that they are both very ping sensitive - if not the most ping sensitive of the game (kfm bm sf are the most unfriendly to high ping ever). And wind kfm with tanking require extra effort. At least SF is easy to play and usually doesn't have to tank.

But then because tankers are always needed everywhere, if you can play kfm and like tanking, just do kfm, you will be treated as a golden cbild during raids, clans will carry and even give you gears for free.

These are the ones i could think of atm.

5 hours ago, user001 said:

i see.. thx for the info...

so for wind KFM the must have HM skill RMB n swift strike ..others are just luxury(good to have) hm?

what abotu for fire build... is it the same as well?

mm ill not say a luxury. for some classes like fire bm needs his hm searing slash, in order to get a boost in dps; but for example hm skills on a gunner are pretty useless unless you pvp. About hm skills on kfm well it is not a must but you should have them though it will make things easier by a lot helping you with ani-canceling, increasing dps because you'll use the abbilities that matter the most more times than before (without hm skills).

Fire kfm as stoccpoc said is good for early game but falls at end game content, however later on wind kfm will have a hard time getting aggro with the 1M burst that fire gunners will have but fire kfm can hold it with tremor reset with badge, basically fire kfm has good burst but falls off and wind kfm stacks up his dps till he reach 600k, also remember that fire accsesories are more expensive than wind accs. at least for now i think this is a plus for wind kfm.

Archived