My experience with Login Rewards

Kozuki

After years of playing, I finally feel motivated enough to gear up my HM10 Warlock.

My comfortable HM level zone is HM12, where I can get that sweet 50-10 offense/defense bonus. Then I remember the exp charms that I have collected from Daily Logins for over a month. Best time to use them, right? The amount of charms enough to give her HM11 and half to HM12. A bit grind and I will hit my sweet zone. Sound simple, right?

Now here is my journey:

-First, I had to unpack all charms that were clogging my mailbox.. As a premiumship player, I earned one and a half pages per day. 40 days had passed since then, and I had 60 pages during that time. Around 600 right click.

-Second, I started to retrieve them. Each charm took like one second to go into your inventory. 600 charms was 600s, hence 10 minutes. You cannot do anything while the charm was being retrieved. You cannot leave your seat either, because you need to be there to select all and click Retrieve button.

-After I done getting all charms, have the journey finally ends? Not quite. You have two choice: transmute those charms into bigger ones so that it save clicking, and you click on the manually. No way I gonna spend 1,200s (2s per charm including cooldown) to click on all green charms, so I transmuted them. Each transmutation costs you 3s. I don't know how long it had passed, as time flew so slowly with me sticking to the screen, clicking transmutation button. 

-Finally, eating charms. Yeah, and it still takes 2s per charm, lol. 

What do you think about my journey? Assume you skip the first step by unpacking login rewards in daily basis, then you still have to deal with the second steps and onward.

+++

tl:nr: Login Rewards and the way you consume EXP charms are both suck.

NCWest should just scrap Login Rewards and offer charm bundles, like what they have done last week to compensate the absence of Daily Logins.

Transmutation of charms from smaller to bigger helps, but it is just like you convert 1,000 banknotes of one billion Zimbabwean dollars into 100 banknotes of ten billion. It looks neater, yeah, but is still a hassle to use. It is much better if NCSoft spends time to make a way to mass consume charms instead. They can let you consume more than one venture tokens at once, but not charms?

I don't think they should scrap login rewards because it isn't meant for just offering exp charms. They will eventually update them to better things, like in KR you can get cosmetics, gems, BT and VT exchangeable, upgrade materials, dragon pouches etc... It's just a matter of waiting for when NC offers different rewards.

Archived