Really?

Purelll

4 minutes ago, Jacren said:

okay people just don't understand that's the point of mmo's is to grind lol. you don't get your shit that easily in mmo's. this isn't some console game where you do a couple of things and bam your max lvl and gear. I understand its grindy but like come on its an mmo that's the way its supposed to be. so unfortunately if that's too much for you, you mite want to look for another game. I mean they've dumbed the upgrading down by a lot and yet people still scream its grindy and pay to win. if they dumb shit down anymore where all gonna have max gear and then be bored.

MMORPG point is to be  virtual world or even universe . Just look at World of Warcraft..its not mindless grind..its actual virtual world. with lots of activities for pvp, pve and roleplay....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, YunoGasaiYandere said:

MMORPG point is to be  virtual world or even universe . Just look at World of Warcraft..its not mindless grind..its actual virtual world. with lots of activities for pvp, pve and roleplay....

Should of said korean mmo's. But this really isnt a suprise with the way bns is. All the Korean MMO's are unfortunately mindlessly Grindy like this. All the other ones that have come out have been the same way just grind and nothing else to really do. Yes they can add more things to do but it's probably not gonna happen.

If you can get max gear at the rate they've been releasing gear updates, you've obviously invested a lot of time into the game, BUT a 24/7 time investment into a game is NOT practical nor enjoyable.

I don't understand how anyone could survive in the real world with that kind of monotonous lifestyle/gameplay. Shit gets boring, and is not really worth value of your time, because after a while, it's not even a mental growth anymore, just a mental hurdle you put yourself through everyday in order to RNG "progress". Seriously.

27 minutes ago, Ujarac said:

Should of said korean mmo's. But this really isnt a suprise with the way bns is. All the Korean MMO's are unfortunately mindlessly Grindy like this. All the other ones that have come out have been the same way just grind and nothing else to really do. Yes they can add more things to do but it's probably not gonna happen.

well..revelation online has hot springs area for HP recovery and should have player housing too. also their crafting system isn't annoying as blade and soul. Blade  and soul is good game but they do everything that you'd have zero activity once you finish main story. Except instances, raids and celestial basin...

just think not and ask for another system that balances pvp by equipments / level / Ap. which improves or places an item or system that encourages more non-competitive players to go to pvp, return the faction pvp, drop bosses to roleplay or drop boss bosses out of dungeons. a PK system or some map that one-on-all possibility, money they have, engineers / unwinders, they have, so needing what? Are you really listening to the community? or are just listening to that little girl with white hair "Cute" until today still believe that the owner / developer of this game is a woman, why this is a game of barbie why I only see clothing update ... where are the pvp update weapons ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ real armor, I can not imagine in a rpg face a boss who can defeat the world wearing a tiger dress or even a bikini msm! wake up before it's to late many have failed so long as they last longer, players are fed up with only the luck to win, if it were like this in real life many would not have made it in the career they conquered! start giving an item for effort, not luck! many there strive to pick up the items from a premiun to see it fail! this I find disrespectful and wasted value of players time! I already was an admin of private game servers here in Brazil I know what I said here!

1 minute ago, Lazaroneto said:

just think not and ask for another system that balances pvp by equipments / level / Ap. which improves or places an item or system that encourages more non-competitive players to go to pvp, return the faction pvp, drop bosses to roleplay or drop boss bosses out of dungeons. a PK system or some map that one-on-all possibility, money they have, engineers / unwinders, they have, so needing what? Are you really listening to the community? or are just listening to that little girl with white hair "Cute" until today still believe that the owner / developer of this game is a woman, why this is a game of barbie why I only see clothing update ... where are the pvp update weapons ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ real armor, I can not imagine in a rpg face a boss who can defeat the world wearing a tiger dress or even a bikini msm! wake up before it's to late many have failed so long as they last longer, players are fed up with only the luck to win, if it were like this in real life many would not have made it in the career they conquered! start giving an item for effort, not luck! many there strive to pick up the items from a premiun to see it fail! this I find disrespectful and wasted value of players time! I already was an admin of private game servers here in Brazil I know what I said here!

Outifts are fine. Whats wrong is...huge lack of content...after finishing story only celestial basin ,instances and raids left. ...what annoys me is..they introduce option to customize outfits...its costs a lot..but bigger problem is..why only few outfits can be customized. Don't they need money? Also housing system..it would give players something to do outside world. And would give new ideas for items in store. More ways of transportation. events which are truly events not just...treasure trove...or running same purple train over and over again. Possibilities are endless but they refuse to implement them..instead of improving gathering...they destroyed it...they should learn from their own game...wildstar...it has coolest housing system I ever seen in any MMO game...it gives huge area for you to build anything you like...exploration subclass...challenges...taxi system...wildstar has a lot...and tahst just example...also things I mentioned in lineage 2...why all previous NC Soft games have more things to do outside instances, or raids then blade and soul. They know how to do game which looks beautiful and has more than just raids and dungeons...

23 hours ago, RanMaster said:

Or... They could find a find a way to discourage the elitist culture by not having such a huge gear gap, let alone make it less dependant on gear, and more mechanics based, as well as making every hour on this game worth it, instead of grinding hours, and hours of RNG drops to literally waste a whole day getting nothing. That's the major reason a lot of people quit.

Because the time investment into grinding, or gearing characters is just dauntingly steep, and mindless, this shit is why MMO's never keep a decent population.

MMOs have always revolved around grind, lol. I don't understand why people who are so against grind, yet willingly play one of these games, knowing full well what they're getting themselves into. It's like complaining about having to shoot people in an FPS, or having to jump in a Mario game.

What makes me uncomfortable is not a grind. It's elitism of this dumb toxic community. Every time when NCSoft makes something to make things easier for new/casual/returning players, community throws it all in a trash by raising ap requirements. People may leave if they see hm8 with 860 ap in ebondrake citadel, for example. Requirements for all raids 900+ or even 1k+. How it is reasonable to require 900 ap for MSP 1-4? It's hard to do daily challenge if it include raid or dungeons higher than masts. Given the current event that means - you can't grind anniversary outfit (Purity) if you are not hm12+ with 900+ ap. Well, I'm exaggerating - it's still possible to find a party and do dailies but sometimes frustrating af. 

Well, today I met two amazing people who carried a bunch of hm8-9 through NS. But most of geared players are elitists who wants to play just with top-geared people.

Because im stubborn and have researched how to be a beast at this game im going to try my best to make it as far as i can and attain the most beastmode stuff i can. of course this means i will be constantly upgrading and doing raids and dungeons and pvp and all manner of psychosis inducing tasks like dailys out the ass im up to the challenge or atleast until i get to the point where i am as dissapointed as some of the people in this thread. 

12 hours ago, Milennin said:

MMOs have always revolved around grind, lol. I don't understand why people who are so against grind, yet willingly play one of these games, knowing full well what they're getting themselves into. It's like complaining about having to shoot people in an FPS, or having to jump in a Mario game.

There's a difference between progressive grind, and waste of time. The RNG aspects of the game is a huge gamble on time when it involves running a raids or dungeons that result to little or no gain, its a huge waste of time. And that's the exact thing I've been resenting in the original post, how could anyone afford to catch up to end game gear at this pace? Slave and Play till your bones are dry, or sell your bank account to buy upgrade materials in the market place? Please.

Also, the other point I brought up is not that grind shouldn't be a thing, but the pacing of it should revolve around effort and efficiency, not LUCK, or CONNECTIONS.
You're comparison of an FPS to shoot vs in BNS to grind is all wrong, because in BNS you don't really grind, you kind of just roll a dice in hopes of maybe you'd get good results at the end of a dungeon run in order to make any decent progress. Yes the more time spent running dungeons, or farming dailies is a slow progressive way of gaining gold, but seriously, the time investment made into a repetitive monotonous game play is NOT enjoyable, and when you don't even acquire a decent amount of gain after it all, its honestly just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing draining.

Count the amount of hours you think it'd take you the upgrade to the next stage of your weapon, and then return back. And then the next one, and the next one. You'll begin to see what kind of "grind" you'll have to go through next. It's not even fun to think about.

8 hours ago, Gennady said:

What makes me uncomfortable is not a grind. It's elitism of this dumb toxic community. Every time when NCSoft makes something to make things easier for new/casual/returning players, community throws it all in a trash by raising ap requirements. People may leave if they see hm8 with 860 ap in ebondrake citadel, for example. Requirements for all raids 900+ or even 1k+. How it is reasonable to require 900 ap for MSP 1-4? It's hard to do daily challenge if it include raid or dungeons higher than masts. Given the current event that means - you can't grind anniversary outfit (Purity) if you are not hm12+ with 900+ ap. Well, I'm exaggerating - it's still possible to find a party and do dailies but sometimes frustrating af. 

Well, today I met two amazing people who carried a bunch of hm8-9 through NS. But most of geared players are elitists who wants to play just with top-geared people.

Alright, but why is an HM 8 with 860 AP doing Ebondrake Citadel in the first place? Why are they not working on getting their Soul/Mystic Badge instead? Why are they not doing any of the dozens of lower dungeons available to them? Why should players who put in the time and effort into building up their characters to a decent level have to put up with players who come fresh out of story who feel entitled running the higher dungeons yet would struggle to maintain 10k DPS on a boss? These players are dead weight, and yet expect everyone be fine with them in their group.

The problem here is player entitlement. Instead of realising they have a long road ahead of them and that they should progress step by step, they feel, that just because they've ran through the story, they should have everyone carry them through everything. And no, I'm not some kind of mega whale, or player who's played 10 hours a day since beta who wouldn't understand. I began playing last summer and have gone through the same thing as every other new player. But instead of complaining about the oh-so-evil-and-elitist player base, I simply ran the dungeons that I could at my level, focusing on the things that I was able to do without getting kicked from groups. The only times I ran higher dungeons was if my clan was willing to teach and carry me, but I would never expect randoms to carry my then useless ass through any of the content.

All it takes is patience, realising it's not a race to the top, and having realistic expectations from other players. The average person isn't a saint who is okay with sacrificing one of their most precious resources (free time) on carrying low level players, who really should be doing content more suited for their level.

Not everyone who plays this game has hours upon hours of free time to play this game, that includes the higher level players. Calling people elitists for not wanting to carry weak players through content they aren't even ready for yet just makes you look bad. If you want to get carried, reach out to people. Make friends with players. Join a nice clan. Those would be the people who would not mind helping out you as a lower level player. But never expect the same from randoms.

@RanMaster The average player isn't supposed to be able to catch up to endgame gear, because this game was made with whales in mind. This means that the average player will always be a step or two behind on the endgame gear. Again, this is the same for most other MMOs. They're either enormous money sinks or time sinks, or both. You won't find an MMO in which players are treated equally, because MMOs are created around keeping people playing. Not for weeks, or even months; they are designed to ideally keep people playing for years. Giving players everything for little to no effort would cause the average player to run out of content quick and move on to the next game, which is not what the MMO are designed for. Gear treadmills exist to always have something new for players to strive for, and only the most dedicated (or rich, or lucky) players will experience that sweet, sweet taste of acquiring endgame gear.

Rolling dice for results in nothing new in MMOs. Hell, RuneScape's entire combat system consists of rolling dice, and that still has thousands of people playing, despite the fact it's almost 20 years old at this point. Random item drop rates and gear upgrade failure chances are the norm in MMOs.

Also going to add to say I don't think it's a good system, but it's either take it or leave it. Unless the current MMO model proves to be no longer effective at keeping a decent player base active, nothing is going to change. All it takes is acceptance, knowing that you won't ever catch up to endgame gear if you continue to pay and play like the average player. Drop the thought of needing to compete with others, and take things at your own pace instead. Be content with what you have, instead of being discontent with what you don't have.

3 hours ago, Milennin said:

yet would struggle to maintain 10k DPS on a boss? These players are dead weight, and yet expect everyone be fine with them in their group.

My gunslinger maintains more than 10k. 17k in NS, didn't pay attention to dps in cita. I'm doing DC on my alts only because of event, because NCSoft decided that coins should be earned only through it. But sincerely, I don't know why I play in this game with such community.

And you say you started last summer? I started in spring of 2016, baleful 11 on my main was made by upgrading from purple. So what? That does not mean that people who started just now should run the same path, going poharan, then nexus... NCSoft gives legendary weapon for free because it's a long path from bale 1 to raven 12. Just toxic community says "I struggled so you should to" and makes crazy AP requirements. When MSP just released, 860 ap was hard to afford and yet people did MSP, which lower ap. Now I see "MSP 1-4, 900+" in f-chat. 

3 hours ago, Gennady said:

My gunslinger maintains more than 10k. 17k in NS, didn't pay attention to dps in cita. I'm doing DC on my alts only because of event, because NCSoft decided that coins should be earned only through it. But sincerely, I don't know why I play in this game with such community.

And you say you started last summer? I started in spring of 2016, baleful 11 on my main was made by upgrading from purple. So what? That does not mean that people who started just now should run the same path, going poharan, then nexus... NCSoft gives legendary weapon for free because it's a long path from bale 1 to raven 12. Just toxic community says "I struggled so you should to" and makes crazy AP requirements. When MSP just released, 860 ap was hard to afford and yet people did MSP, which lower ap. Now I see "MSP 1-4, 900+" in f-chat. 

Then, go do NS with people closer to your own gear. 17K AP from 6 players should be enough to narrowly escape the enrage timer on each boss. Nothing is stopping you from forming your own party, with your own requirements.

But all I hear is "high geared players won't play with me, meaning they are the ones to blame", when it could be "since high geared players won't play with me, let's create a party for people with similar gear to mine".

And really? All I ever see in f-chat is MSP 1-3, no requirements. You can join groups on a 700 AP character and do be just fine with randoms, same for any of the dungeons below Ebondrake Citadel.

soooooooooo much reading so im just going to put my point of view here.

I have accepted i wont catch up to those ahead of me. I am playing to have fun. I have been playing for 2 years and for the longest i sat there not being able to do dt through ns because of the high ap requirements before they made some changes that made it easier but i still didnt do them because i didnt know the mechs and watching videos dont help me fully and i dont pug things due to rude people. I learn better with hands on experience in dungeons. I had to find a decent fun clan first willing to take me and teach me. I did just that.

Now i do all those dungeons with out issues and im slowly learning IF and the newer ones. I have finally finished Bt but i dont expect vt for a while just because upgrading is so expensive to do. I am not a whale, just a minnow relying on my play time to get things done. The little ncoin i do get goes to fashion. I have fashion needs. I know i will not probably catch up but i also know i will progress and improve as time passes. I am doing all this with health issues that require me to sometimes to go absent from the game again luckily i have a lovely clan that understands this. Just because they bring new content and it seems impossible to catch up doesnt mean you cannot progress and have fun doing it. Dont stress over the small stuff or you will never enjoy the game.

when it comes to catching up on gear, its not hard.  my buddy is new to the game, only been on for 1.5 months, already raven geared and trying to find a raid for vt, and they are about as strong as many of us where when vt first came out.  if you play 1hr a day, yeah, your not going far, but if you actually do your 40/40 quests a day and spend a little time in dungeons trying to get what you need, you can go far fairly fast.  they are not a big pvper, but they started to grind out beans for galaxy fragments and HM skills.  learning to fight small scale and getting a lil gear on top of what the quests can get you after you finish the story line content before they start doing 6v6 stuff.  the first thing to keep in mind, its a korean based f2p mmo.  you have 2 options to catch up gear wise 1)work your behind off or 2)shell out a bit of cash.  having alts during event that are farmable also helps like the mushroom dungeon could easy get you 4-5 oils per toon you had during the event with just the dungeon itself.  with 2 toons, 3 if you got the free slot from gunner release, thats 12-15 oils or slightly more free, just from spending 5min a toon you have.  so please, do not say the game is die'n cause you can not catch up, it sounds like a lack of trying.

22 minutes ago, Baby Vivie said:

if you actually do your 40/40 quests a day and spend a little time in dungeons trying to get what you need

I'd rather find a second job or do side-project than sin in a game 24/7. Also, 1.5 month to raven doesn't sounds like truth. 3 premium stones + 5 empyrean it's more than 3k of gold. Plus other mats. It's just to jump from bale to raven. Are your friend a bot which farms 24/7 using fine-tuned algorithm?

you can think what you like.  its not hard to get stuff needed,   and folks still bid a fair amount on various drops from many dungeons that are not needing legendary drops.  other day i pugged BT on a alt, made 450g.  now, take that x3 for number of toons many have xnumber of weeks...  still sounding impossible?  takes a week maybe to get a toon to baleful 6+ and all pinnicle, the same level of gear half the people are in for stages 1-3 groups on yura.  so doing a lil math, yes, very possible these days to get geared fairly fast and with out whaling.  my daughter who just started her gunner 3 weeks ago or so, with 0 cash put into the game other then me getting her 3 months of sub already has all basic legendary items, full raven ss, mystic badge and is soon to have soul badge from solar energy.  as for doing 40/40, takes me on my main about 45min to do all purples under NS solo, and when im being lazy about it.  then about 1hr to get the purples NS-HH done.  then the last few quests i fill up with mushin tower, outlaw island, TOI.  its not a huge amount of time.  and during the NS and higher stuff im with buddies or clannies BS'n in discord.  not a huge amount of time and get what i need to gear with out an issue.  main has full VT ss, VT neck, VT mystic badge, pvp ring and earring and all the other fun stuff. all with out troving it up to all hell n back.  just dailies and alts during events (though not current events)

26 minutes ago, Baby Vivie said:

you can think what you like.  its not hard to get stuff needed,   and folks still bid a fair amount on various drops from many dungeons that are not needing legendary drops.  other day i pugged BT on a alt, made 450g.  now, take that x3 for number of toons many have xnumber of weeks...  still sounding impossible?  takes a week maybe to get a toon to baleful 6+ and all pinnicle, the same level of gear half the people are in for stages 1-3 groups on yura.  so doing a lil math, yes, very possible these days to get geared fairly fast and with out whaling.  my daughter who just started her gunner 3 weeks ago or so, with 0 cash put into the game other then me getting her 3 months of sub already has all basic legendary items, full raven ss, mystic badge and is soon to have soul badge from solar energy.  as for doing 40/40, takes me on my main about 45min to do all purples under NS solo, and when im being lazy about it.  then about 1hr to get the purples NS-HH done.  then the last few quests i fill up with mushin tower, outlaw island, TOI.  its not a huge amount of time.  and during the NS and higher stuff im with buddies or clannies BS'n in discord.  not a huge amount of time and get what i need to gear with out an issue.  main has full VT ss, VT neck, VT mystic badge, pvp ring and earring and all the other fun stuff. all with out troving it up to all hell n back.  just dailies and alts during events (though not current events)

I beleive this is true. considering that i came back to this game on the week lvl cap was raised, i play 2/3 hours daily most of it lvling a 3rd toon, and yes i bought around 300 keys from trove, but had a friend lend me about 700g (wich was all for gems) but got enough evolved stones to make soul awakened cosmic (i farmed the mats and gold to craft my own oils (4 i got from vipercap) from soul stage 6, and had to rerrol homgmoon>cosmic), made my weapon from baleful 9 to dawn+3 (i used pts for the 10/11/12 baleful, of wich only 1 came from trove). and still managed to pay my debt on the week the vipercap event ended. just doing dailys in 1/2 chars and weekly in 3, and tomorrow will be my 5th run of bt wich i do only on my main. So yeah if i had time (and the only time i can play is during the night, past 12am to 2/3 am wich makes it hard to find people to finish dc let alone doing the big 8)  i could achieve the same gear i have now (excluding gems) in the same time give or take.

(neither did I bought any mats from F10 nor did I bought gold from F9)

On 24/01/2018 at 11:48 PM, Purelll said:

Just look at this joke of 2nd anv they gave us and how many threads were created and what exactly has been done about it? Nothing...  Just wow..

@Players enjoy wasting your time/money on this dump.

This is how it is over here. People come complain all day long about how things are wrong and we dont even get an official response from it. Then it covers dust and forgotten about it. This is why we still have bugs that is 2 years old.

Well true problem is you can't do anything in this game pvp doesn't exist and when you want pve you need stay in F8 30min before you can find group for one ez dung even when you have 1200ap or more...and pay 500g or how much is entry for VT now? And then pay for each item? LOL so much fun :D
Achievs etc? 1k dungeon runs only, none else :D

Is much better to go play another MMORPG because this... even when you need pay in another game monthly in final you will pay less...why? Because for example trove is RNG and you shall pay so much for nothing. All this game is now made for P2W model with RNG.

And also with top gear you cant do anything...so sad.

Compare: here you cant go VT/BT/or endgame dungs...in "WoW" you only push one button and you are in searcher after few seconds you can go whatever you want with another players with equel gear. Here you can only waiting in F8 for none.

IDK I leaved this game 2months ago but because I liked this game one per week I looking here on Forum but things are each week worst then before...

if they will not change this approach EU and NA BnS shall end like MxM
(Korea is something else)

SO CLAPS NCSOFT GREAT WORK!

Hmm I played since release in EU on my acc I have much more then 50k golds and many other things...but I can't even upgrade my soul, because players don't have any way how obtain aransu orbs...3per week for low raids and you need how much 200? Even when you go VT and you spend for entry there is Master Loot, where you can't even bid :/ :D so trash system lol. this aside...on my acc I have 6x 50lvl and only 2x 55lvl because like I said this game is now trash and I will not spend my time or money into it. And yes now is better talk about Elemental dmg number then AP...

Archived