Really?

Purelll

Just when I thought I had a chance to actually catch up on this game after returning I end up seeing this crap. http://prntscr.com/i56752 

I've had it with this game and the people who run it. The way I see things is they delete older items and continue adding new items just for players to continue spending money. No wonder why they're down to two servers for NA, and all it took was just two years. I can't imagine what the population will look like after a year. Not even after two years they could fix battleground it's completely broken with all the whale players. All you see is complains how it's completely unfair and none of these high staff members even tried taking a chance to balance it for the newer players. There's no pvp in this game at all compared to what it was like a year ago. I don't even know why I even bothered coming back to repetitive game.  It's not even just the pvp, Just look at this joke of 2nd anv they gave us and how many threads were created and what exactly has been done about it? Nothing...  Just wow..

@Players enjoy wasting your time/money on this dump.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it may be that i'm new but isn't there ways to without paying be on the same level as those who do? i mean item drops are a thing and auctions are i believe if i'm wrong i blame that on being a ignorant noob to this game. I'm so low level i cant even think of PVP right now lol is there anything i should know that might make finding people to play with easier? 

28 minutes ago, Xellaina said:

it may be that i'm new but isn't there ways to without paying be on the same level as those who do? i mean item drops are a thing and auctions are i believe if i'm wrong i blame that on being a ignorant noob to this game. I'm so low level i cant even think of PVP right now lol is there anything i should know that might make finding people to play with easier? 

Nope, you are sadly mistaken. There's no humanly way to catch up to a end geared player especially at this rate of pacing.
The fact that 90% of reaching end gear requires yourself to be well geared already, let alone even being accepted into partys or raids, they'll look at your gear regardless.

3 minutes ago, RanMaster said:

Nope, you are sadly mistaken. There's no humanly way to catch up to a end geared player especially at this rate of pacing.
The fact that 90% of reaching end gear requires yourself to be well geared already, let alone even being accepted into partys or raids, they'll look at your gear regardless.

I didn't want to discourage him/her, but that's how it is... Maybe if you play literally 24/7 the gap can be reduced, but that would be an absurdly unhealthy approach, right? As for finding people to play with, your best bet is to find an active clan to join, and see if they are helpful to you...

18 hours ago, Purelll said:

Just when I thought I had a chance to actually catch up on this game after returning I end up seeing this crap. http://prntscr.com/i56752 

I've had it with this game and the people who run it. The way I see things is they delete older items and continue adding new items just for players to continue spending money. No wonder why they're down to two servers for NA, and all it took was just two years. I can't imagine what the population will look like after a year. Not even after two years they could fix battleground it's completely broken with all the whale players. All you see is complains how it's completely unfair and none of these high staff members even tried taking a chance to balance it for the newer players. There's no pvp in this game at all compared to what it was like a year ago. I don't even know why I even bothered coming back to repetitive game.  It's not even just the pvp, Just look at this joke of 2nd anv they gave us and how many threads were created and what exactly has been done about it? Nothing...  Just wow..

@Players enjoy wasting your time/money on this dump.

If it's any consolation (I know it's not, but...), I felt a bit like you when I read the announcement. And I have been playing these two years without breaks, though at the pace marked by my free time and by what I feel like spending it at every day (some days I play little and read much, etc). And even that way I already came to feel like a hamster running a wheel (yes, like the unfortunate one that powers our servers) endlessly and uselessly. There is no way to break the circle, unless you simply jump off. I really like the game for the visuals, the story (when we have a bit of it), the combat system (not the pvp one) and a few other reasons that are becoming more and more scarce as time goes by. In any case, just wanted to say that you're not alone in your reaction.

We have like 3 more dungeons or so after the Feb 7th one? One raid and a solo arena area.

The game is gonna slow down really hard soon. Don't stress it.

2 hours ago, Purelll said:

JI've had it with this game and the people who run it. The way I see things is they delete older items and continue adding new items just for players to continue spending money.

1 hour ago, RanMaster said:

There's no humanly way to catch up to a end geared player especially at this rate of pacing.

bro I really don't understand your post lol. like its an update for MORE CONTENT and more things to do so like why are you mad, would you rather them not have an update and have less things for you to do. not only that but this update shouldn't really matter to you since the dungeon is just for pvp gear and new stage of riftwalk/dawnforge. so yeah not really sure why your mad at this update when its just bringing more stuff to do. not sure how people get mad at more content to do lol and then get mad when theirs no content to do.

i've play this game since open beta, and i've spend $0 money on this game, i upgrade weapon and acc through everysingle stage since very begining

and now, everyone start with legendary stage 1, and its incredible cheap to upgrade to stage 12 baeful... BT raid is more easy than ever, since so many geared player who can carry you
BT acc is no longer expensive, its only 100g

you should spend money on cosmetic not gear =.=

43 minutes ago, Jacren said:

bro I really don't understand your post lol. like its an update for MORE CONTENT and more things to do so like why are you mad, would you rather them not have an update and have less things for you to do. not only that but this update shouldn't really matter to you since the dungeon is just for pvp gear and new stage of riftwalk/dawnforge. so yeah not really sure why your mad at this update when its just bringing more stuff to do. not sure how people get mad at more content to do lol and then get mad when theirs no content to do.

Im sure they are unhappy about the fact that new gear means the gap between geared players and not so geared players will just get bigger.
Like dont get me wrong, i think ncsoft has done an okay job trying to help new players get in the game faster, but unless you pay a lot you wont catch up, you just wont.

Just now, Unicorns said:

Im sure they are unhappy about the fact that new gear means the gap between geared players and not so geared players will just get bigger.
Like dont get me wrong, i think ncsoft has done an okay job trying to help new players get in the game faster, but unless you pay a lot you wont catch up, you just wont.

why does that matter to people so damn much though lol? so what if your not geared as someone else lol. does not being as geared as whale really bug people that much that their unable to continue playing the game. like lol just have fun and forget about the damn whales. I've been playing this since launch and not once have I thought about quitting cause I'm not on the same lvl as whales. like I have fun still and could care less how far behind I am compared to the whales. not sure why people let that bug them so much

26 minutes ago, Jacren said:

why does that matter to people so damn much though lol? so what if your not geared as someone else lol. does not being as geared as whale really bug people that much that their unable to continue playing the game. like lol just have fun and forget about the damn whales. I've been playing this since launch and not once have I thought about quitting cause I'm not on the same lvl as whales. like I have fun still and could care less how far behind I am compared to the whales. not sure why people let that bug them so much

As someone who actually really enjoyed 6v6, yes it matters. lol

40 minutes ago, Jacren said:

Is it weird for me to say that I used to almost feel obliged to log in and play everyday? Like the game was a job. I had never had that kind of feeling when it comes to videogame until I started Blade and Soul. BnS is my first MMORPG ever so maybe that's how MMORPG makes you feel? Anyway, B&S has managed to scare me away from MMORPG for good now.

According to many, the worst event ever was last year's One year Anniversary Purple train. That event broke the game for me and so many others, pretty much completely. Granted that no one was forcing me to do the purple train, I felt obliged to do it - and I did, every single day of that event - and I hated myself for it. Since then, I've noticed for a long time now that the game and its never ending grind had slowly become my master and I its slave. Basically the game never forced me to do anything, it never forced me to grind, or to buy or to pay... But it tempted me, encouraged me, lured me in. And I fell for it. For many months, I played despite not feeling like playing at all. I played despite having no fun. Sure, I did have fun here and there, but the unease & annoyance I got from playing the game far offset that.

Basically, this game was like a drug dealer, and it gave me free drug and a syringe. And it left me to stab and inject myself full of drug on my own will. And I actually did.

After I came to this realization, I stopped playing and now I'm free. I didn't stop because of the whales, I stopped because I felt like an addict and I couldn't stand it. I recently came back to try out the anniversary event and have been enjoying it so far... Gonna uninstall soon though, before the game could tempt me again.

I think most people got so angsty about the game is because of the never ending grind - the never ending chase for the carrot that the game dangles in front of them. The frustration of never being able to "complete" (the grind). Especially for completionists or perfectionists (who don't swipe), this game is like a never-ending self-torture nightmare. The only way to break free from this cycle - this bad dream is to either get super lucky (like 10k gold ginseng lucky), or swipe hard to bypass the grind, or be one of those guys who can play the market. All of these, plus the RNG.

Just now, Thicc Stoccpot said:

Is it weird for me to say that I used to almost feel obliged to log in and play everyday? Like the game was a job. I had never had that kind of feeling when it comes to videogame until I started Blade and Soul. BnS is my first MMORPG ever so maybe that's how MMORPG makes you feel? Anyway, B&S has managed to scare me away from MMORPG for good now.

According to many, the worst event ever was last year's One year Anniversary Purple train. That event broke the game for me and so many others, pretty much completely. Granted that no one was forcing me to do the purple train, I felt obliged to do it - and I did, every single day of that event - and I hated myself for it. Since then, I've noticed for a long time now that the game and its never ending grind had slowly become my master and I its slave. Basically the game never forced me to do anything, it never forced me to grind, or to buy or to pay... But it tempted me, encouraged me, lured me in. And I fell for it. For many months, I played despite not feeling like playing at all. I played despite having no fun. Sure, I did have fun here and there, but the unease & annoyance I got from playing the game far offset that. 

Basically, this game was like a drug dealer, and it gave me free drug and a syringe. And it left me to stab and inject myself full of drug on my own will. And I did.

After I came to this realization, I stopped playing and now I'm free. I didn't stop because of the whales, I stopped because I felt like an addict and I couldn't stand it. I recently came back to try out the anniversary event and have been enjoying it so far... Gonna uninstall soon though, before the game could tempt me again.

I really have no idea what to say to that, all I can say is its not the games fault at all. cause me and many other people I know have not fealt like the game was a job and forcing them to play. to me it just sounds like you weren't ever use to MMO's before and it really just isn't for you at all.

15 minutes ago, Unicorns said:

As someone who actually really enjoyed 6v6, yes it matters. lol

well 90% of the playerbase hates and doesn't do 6v6 so at this point most people shouldn't care if their not even doing it.

19 minutes ago, Jacren said:

well 90% of the playerbase hates and doesn't do 6v6 so at this point most people shouldn't care if their not even doing it.

Ask yourself why they hate and don't do it. A game mode shouldn't be as rage inducing as this..EVER. 

If you are going to defend it, YOU are part of the problem

Just now, Phytolacca said:

Ask yourself why they hate and don't do it. A game mode shouldn't be as rage inducing as this..EVER. 

If you are going to defend it, YOU are part of the problem

no I'm not part of the problem cause BG's in any sort of MMO is gonna be unbalanced since its gear dependent their for I just don't do it. But like I already said I still have fun with the game even though I don't do BG's and I'm not complaining over it. theirs no getting pass it being cancer as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ when its gear dependent

2 hours ago, Jacren said:

no I'm not part of the problem cause BG's in any sort of MMO is gonna be unbalanced since its gear dependent their for I just don't do it. But like I already said I still have fun with the game even though I don't do BG's and I'm not complaining over it. theirs no getting pass it being cancer as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ when its gear dependent

The problem isnt really it being gear dependant, the problem is certain classes which we all know that 1 shot an entire group of people with 1 skill. Thats what breaks it so hopefully the gunner nerf will be included in this patch.

Either way:

The issue is not new content itself, the issue is the pacing, not all players are nolifers or whales who can buy themselves to victory in a few seconds.

The biggest problem is that with all these things to do people are more relying on a carry rather than provide their own input and then when you try to find people for harder content it all backfires.

and in case you didnt notice the materials needed for newer gear keeps increasing drastically. Guess the only consolation in this is that F9 is basically dead and whales wont be able to buy gold from there anyway unless they result to third parties.

6 vs 6 was doomed to fail from the beginning, because:

-Gear dependant PvP in an MMO that's all about numbers is a recipe for disaster.

-Poor game optimisation, and horrible ping for most players who don't happen to live on top of the servers.

-Combat is more about being flashy and CC-locking opponents, besides hoping you don't live further than 10KM from the game servers, than actual player skill.

-Balance. Lol?

This update isn't really going to change anything, just giving us more of the same.

13 hours ago, Jacren said:

It's not so much about people having better gear than themselves.  What bothers many is the point that the requirements people are requiring for the content now is higher than what is needed.  Yes pugging in this game can be horrific and there does need to be standards set when forming a pug group.  Many clans that are recruiting only take applicants with over 1K AP when most of the content you can manage to get down with 850 to 900 sure it may take longer but dont forget everyone has been there and everyone would like to get gear but you cant get it solo.  The issue now is everyone wants to breeze thru content and ignore many if not all mechanics of the dungeon.  Sure farming gets tedious and boring but its in place for a reason its there for you to continue working on current game content.  Not everyone in this game has the means or the wants to just swipe their way to the top.  Now this does not bother me so much as I am not a hardcore player and I play mostly solo I do my dailies for the first time yesterday I actually went and did some questing for peaches.  There is stuff in the game for people to do who do not meet the criteria set from the elite in the game now whether or not its what you want to do is a different story.  No one in the game wants to help new players or returning players get gear unless it will benefit them in some way which to me is a greedy thing to do.  Humanity is not what it used to be both inside and outside of these games.  If you cant get lucky and find a casual non hardcore clan to be a member of that actually does run the end game content mostly for fun and not just for speed good luck.  

49 minutes ago, Tristan said:

It's not so much about people having better gear than themselves.  What bothers many is the point that the requirements people are requiring for the content now is higher than what is needed.  Yes pugging in this game can be horrific and there does need to be standards set when forming a pug group.  Many clans that are recruiting only take applicants with over 1K AP when most of the content you can manage to get down with 850 to 900 sure it may take longer but dont forget everyone has been there and everyone would like to get gear but you cant get it solo.  The issue now is everyone wants to breeze thru content and ignore many if not all mechanics of the dungeon.  Sure farming gets tedious and boring but its in place for a reason its there for you to continue working on current game content.  Not everyone in this game has the means or the wants to just swipe their way to the top.  Now this does not bother me so much as I am not a hardcore player and I play mostly solo I do my dailies for the first time yesterday I actually went and did some questing for peaches.  There is stuff in the game for people to do who do not meet the criteria set from the elite in the game now whether or not its what you want to do is a different story.  No one in the game wants to help new players or returning players get gear unless it will benefit them in some way which to me is a greedy thing to do.  Humanity is not what it used to be both inside and outside of these games.  If you cant get lucky and find a casual non hardcore clan to be a member of that actually does run the end game content mostly for fun and not just for speed good luck.  

then that really is the community fault then and we can only be mad at overselves for setting these dumb standards in dungeons and what not. NC didn't tell us hey this new dungeon is only for whales ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ the weaker players, no we the community have done that to ourselves and created this cycle where only the whales are able to do new content and what not. I understand this is how the community is but for people like the OP to be mad at NC for this update for that reason isn't really right, the community is the one not helping other players and pretty much setting an elite status for the high geared. If more people would learn to work together and help we wouldn't really have this big cancer elites issue going on but once again that is up to the community to change their ways.

Or... They could find a find a way to discourage the elitist culture by not having such a huge gear gap, let alone make it less dependant on gear, and more mechanics based, as well as making every hour on this game worth it, instead of grinding hours, and hours of RNG drops to literally waste a whole day getting nothing. That's the major reason a lot of people quit.

Because the time investment into grinding, or gearing characters is just dauntingly steep, and mindless, this shit is why MMO's never keep a decent population.

44 minutes ago, Jacren said:

then that really is the community fault then and we can only be mad at overselves for setting these dumb standards in dungeons and what not. NC didn't tell us hey this new dungeon is only for whales ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ the weaker players, no we the community have done that to ourselves and created this cycle where only the whales are able to do new content and what not. I understand this is how the community is but for people like the OP to be mad at NC for this update for that reason isn't really right, the community is the one not helping other players and pretty much setting an elite status for the high geared. If more people would learn to work together and help we wouldn't really have this big cancer elites issue going on but once again that is up to the community to change their ways.

Unfortunately, the current elitist mindset exhibited by the community is being encouraged, not discouraged, by NCsoft's decisions. It would take a change of attitude from both sides to make the game enjoyable for many more people. 

12 minutes ago, RanMaster said:

Or... They could find a find a way to discourage the elitist culture by not having such a huge gear gap, let alone make it less dependant on gear, and more mechanics based, as well as making every hour on this game worth it, instead of grinding hours, and hours of RNG drops to literally waste a whole day getting nothing. That's the major reason a lot of people quit.

Because the time investment into grinding, or gearing characters is just dauntingly steep, and mindless, this shit is why MMO's never keep a decent population.

That's what happens when developers kicks out RPG part from MMORPG.  Blade and soul...it has zero roleplay  elements. Only things to do is to farm dungeons, farm raids, farm celestial basin. Rest of the world...it's useful only for story quests.  And this game comes from creators of Lineage 2..the game which has karma system, castle sieges, clan wars (castles can be used as clan bases once taken over) ,cursed weapons which turns you into monster, ability to transform in other monsters, clan halls, fishing,tons of world and dungeon bosses, ships which you can use to travel into other areas, lottery, monster derby race track in which 6 monsters participate in race and you can bid for one to win. It had lots of pvp and pve and even roleplay content...blade and soul has nothing..just instances.raids and celestial basin. sure, story is great, until you complete it...

okay people just don't understand that's the point of mmo's is to grind lol. you don't get your shit that easily in mmo's. this isn't some console game where you do a couple of things and bam your max lvl and gear. I understand its grindy but like come on its an mmo that's the way its supposed to be. so unfortunately if that's too much for you, you mite want to look for another game. I mean they've dumbed the upgrading down by a lot and yet people still scream its grindy and pay to win. if they dumb shit down anymore where all gonna have max gear and then be bored.

Archived