Forums

coming back after a year, need help understanding

Okay so this is gonna be pretty long but I appreciate any type of help. I used to play heavy until they had that huge update with weapons and stuff and everyone was mad blah blah I just quit cause it was something about losing a bunch of progress, but now i'm back.

So, a long time ago, we used to upgrade our weapons using other weapons from wheels/dungeons/etc and now there is no evolving. Same with necklaces/earrings, and its completely removed from the game, so do I just use the strongest weapon I find in game?

Also, I know back then it was super important to save up unseals,fusion powder, soulstones, etc, what is useful now that I need to keep an eye out for? I have started a new character to kind of show me around the ropes again and I see talk about souls, oils, harvesting I do not understand at all, lol. But obviously they have a pretty big purpose from what i'm perceiving..

I have looked everywhere for some type of weapon guide/soul shield guide but can only find the ones from the initial release of the game, does anyone have any links? Including any links to a 2018 BNS guide that can explain all the changes and whats important?

and in terms of gunner, what is the difference between fire and shadow because to me they seem to have the same dps except fire is more fun to me.

Any help, advice, or tips are gratefully appreciated! Sorry if I sound ignorant I have no clue what is going on lol

Don't worry about sounding ignorant lol you're okay. 

Weapon upgrading is very different, yes. To get to 55, you just stick to the main story/yellow quests and you'll get a legendary weapon eventually that you upgrade. It'll be either baleful or seraph and you upgrade it from there. You also get your accessories and soul shields from the main story until you finish it. After that you should focus on getting your elemental accessories and others, which you can get from Skybreak Spire and some other dungeons. 

Fire gunner has higher DPS than shadow. 

Sacred oils are used to upgrade certain accessories. I believe one being your Soul. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong lmao) Souls, Badges and such all help your characters stats/damage. Badges are used to improve certain aspects of your characters skills. 

Honestly you get a lot of your gear from the main story so just stick to that. Badges and such are obtainable through a lot of ways, depends which badge you need for your class and element. 

Yes, you no longer have to stick to blue quests. The yellow/main story gives you enough XP to get to 55 quickly. Though you should look for the Old Man Cho (one which is purple), as it allows you to get more windwalking skills that become a requirement in some dungeons and parts in the new story. (Wall running) 

I'll try to find an updated guide for you if I can. Reddit tends to post a lot of things like that and they also have a thread you can use to ask any questions you may have. 

Edited by xInikox
Typo
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, 895113_1452550608 said:

So, a long time ago, we used to upgrade our weapons using other weapons from wheels/dungeons/etc and now there is no evolving. Same with necklaces/earrings, and its completely removed from the game, so do I just use the strongest weapon I find in game?

Weapons Level 1-50

You won't need to evolve weapons and accessories until you reach level 50. Use what the story provides, if you find better on your travels, definitely equip it.

Weapons Level 50+

You will receive a Dark/Light weapon box during the story, and it will provide your first legendary weapon, which you can then begin to upgrade. Pro tip: do not upgrade your Dark/Light weapon if it has less than 5 gem slots. Once you complete the story to the point of receiving the achievement There and Back Again you can buy more Dark/Light weapon boxes with Naryu Silver via an NPC. Do this until you get a 6 slot weapon. then upgrade from here.

Upgradable Jewelry

Upgradable jewelry becomes available after level 50. All legendary jewelry is upgradable. Some select dungeon drops (such as Zakhan earring) are also upgradable.

Soul Shields

Use story provided soul shields. Story will provide you with your first Legendary Soul Shield set. If you won't be advancing through Skybreak Spire (aka BT aka Black Tower) for the Raven set for some time, consider doing Midnight Soulstone Plains for more legendary Soul Shields to fuse and buff your current set.

Side note: You will receive Raven Wings on occasion from the Daily Dash and there is a quest that provides you with some Raven Soul Shields. Use the Raven Wings to buy Raven Soul Shields.

Soul shields fusion has changed. If you wish to fuse an MSP 8 to increase the stats, you must use an MSP 8 as your fusion upgrade item. Fusion costs 1 soul shield, fusion powder and soulstones.

Soul shields can also be "upgraded" with primers and engravings.

Also, I know back then it was super important to save up unseals,fusion powder, soulstones, etc, what is useful now that I need to keep an eye out for? I have started a new character to kind of show me around the ropes again and I see talk about souls, oils, harvesting I do not understand at all, lol. But obviously they have a pretty big purpose from what i'm perceiving..

Materials You Need

Soulstone, Moonstone, Void Fragments, Elysian Orbs, Sacred Orbs, Stone of Wisdom, Evolved Stone, Draken Cores, Naryu Coin and Naryu Silver, any and all "alternative currency"  such as Hive Queens Wings, Raven Wings, etc. For materials underlined, you can obtain two forms: original and crystal (ie: Soulstone and Soulstone Crystal). The original form is tradeable, and processed forms (crystals) are not.

You need to make or buy Sacred Oil to upgrade your Soul. Your soul is an additional item that provides extra AP and buffs.

Any help, advice, or tips are gratefully appreciated! Sorry if I sound ignorant I have no clue what is going on lol

Side Quests

Side quests are no longer necessary to level fast - just doing story will take you through to level 55 and cover multiple Hongmoon Levels. However, there may be value in doing some side quests if you want to practice and refine your play style.

Basic To-Do List

• Complete the Daily Challenge everyday (available from level 55).
  • Never miss a daily dash spin (free materials).
  • Grab the free Login Rewards from F10 daily.
  • Start crafting.
  • Complete the following dungeons 10 times to unlock the ability to purchase legendary accessories from the Achievement Vendor (using Draken Cores):
    • Ebondrake Citadel
    • Desolate Tomb
    • Naryu Foundry
    • Naryu Sanctum

Things You Should Upgrade

• Pet Aura
  • Soul
  • Soul shields (via fusion)
  • Gems (via Tramsmuting)

Things You Should NOT Do

• Do not buy the legendary earring from the achievement vendor with Draken Cores. If you must buy it, use Lunar Twilight Flowers and buy it from a merchant in MSP. Conventional wisdom is simply don't buy it at all or if you do, don't upgrade it.
  • Do not buy a Scaleburn weapon from the NPC. Definitely do not upgrade it.
  • Do not immediately upgrade your legendary weapon upon receiving it. If possible, reroll the weapon by buying the Light or Dark box again and again until you receive a 6 gem slot weapon.

GLHF!

Edited by Maryelle
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Maryelle said:

Use story provided soul shields. Story will provide you with your first Legendary Soul Shield set. If you won't be advancing through Skybreak Spire (aka BT aka Black Tower) for the Raven set for some time, consider doing Midnight Soulstone Plains for more legendary Soul Shields to fuse and buff your current set.

Side note: You will receive Raven Wings on occasion from the Daily Dash and there is a quest that provides you with some Raven Soul Shields. Use the Raven Wings to buy Raven Soul Shields.

Soul shields fusion has changed. If you wish to fuse an MSP 8 to increase the stats, you must use an MSP 8 as your fusion upgrade item. Fusion costs 1 soul shield, fusion powder and soulstones.

So, are you saying if I cant advance through Skybreak Spire due to my SS, I should get the Raven one? and what is MSP?  Do I keep the legendary SS and just keep upgrading it or the higher level dungeons will be releasing pieces in loot and boxes?

Also, what should I start crafting that would be the most beneficial? 

How do souls work? and where do I go to get the best one? Or is there just one and you keep upgrading it? And about the earrings you said to not buy, what earrings should I plan on receiving?

I seriously appreciate your reply and all the information, was not expecting for anyone to take out that much time for me so thank you so much it was very helpful xoxo..

• Like 1
8 hours ago, 895113_1452550608 said:

So, are you saying if I cant advance through Skybreak Spire due to my SS, I should get the Raven one? and what is MSP?  Do I keep the legendary SS and just keep upgrading it or the higher level dungeons will be releasing pieces in loot and boxes?

Soul shield order (from good to best) is MSP -> Skybreak Spire/BT/Raven -> Aransu. So you will start with MSP and then work your way up to Raven and then Aransu. Many of the "purple" shields from normal loot boxes are nowhere near as good as the legendaries. Faction might be able to help you with specific Gunslinger questions regarding which SS pieces or combinations are the best for gunner. I have run with 5 pieces of MSP and 3 pieces of Ebondrake Citadel for the AP boost, and 5 MSP and 3 Raven pieces, but you will generally get better buffs/increased damage from full sets.

Midnight Skypetal Plains is a level 50+ twelve player raid. It has six stages, but typically most people only do the first three. Each stage progresses in difficulty and there are achievements for completing certain stages (and an outfit you can buy after completing level six). Best to do MSP on Friday through Sunday, as it will always appear on the Daily Challenge and groups are easy to form.

Also, what should I start crafting that would be the most beneficial? 

Popular crafting guilds are Forgekeepers (transformation stones, void fragments, etc) and Soul Wardens (soul shield primers, items for Old Man Cho quests, etc).

How do souls work? and where do I go to get the best one? Or is there just one and you keep upgrading it? And about the earrings you said to not buy, what earrings should I plan on receiving?

Story will give you the Solak Soul which is upgradable. Keep this one and continue upgrading it. Souls give you additional Attack Power, and once upgraded past a certain level, will also give additional buffs. You simply equip it like you would any other accessory.

Regarding the earrings, I honestly have no problem with people using them, but faction can be fairly snobby when they see people wearing them as they feel the cost is not worth what you gain.

Use the Lucent, then go for Pinnacle. You will want to look for purple earrings from Ebondrake Citadel and upwards. Some of them are elemental, which means they will boost your elemental damage, which makes up for any drop in when AP switching to them. Some of these earrings can be upgraded one stage as well. Unfortunately I can't remember their names off the top of my head.

I seriously appreciate your reply and all the information, was not expecting for anyone to take out that much time for me so thank you so much it was very helpful xoxo..

You're very welcome. :) I check in the forums once a day, so if you have more questions, just quote me somewhere in this post and I'll find it and answer as best I can.

Radom tid bit - you can combine XP charms through transmutation. Ten 10,000XP charms can be combined into a 100K XP charm, and ten 100K XP charms can be combined into a 1million XP charm. Makes it easier to use them.