This is a joke or a curse: what's wrong w/my char?

Astarae

You are using seraph 12, which is very close to raven/dawn/rift, so just use a Pristine Oil to switch from seraph 12 to baleful 12 and you are set. If not, you can just go to riftwalk 3 - then riftwalk 6 - then raven 6. Sure riftwalk is worse for fire GUN, but you are gonna go Raven either way so it really doesn't matter that much. Raven is the end-goal as far as weapon goes for pretty much all classes. No matter which path you choose, never upgrade from bale/seraph 12 to raven 3, because raven 3 - raven 6 costs you a ton of materials, better that you go rift/dawn 6 then branch to raven. Since Dawn/rift 6-9 - Raven 9 doesn't save much materials, so might as well go straight to raven 6 then upgrade to 9 from there.

As far as whether you should play shadow or fire GUN, it's all up to you, play what you enjoy. But the general consensus is: Fire works better on high/unstable ping, Shadow only really works on low/stable ping. Fire is bursty, and will be buffed in terms of sustained dps; while and shadow has next to no burst and the main thing that it got going for is sustained damage will be caught up by fire. So basically in the near future when we catch up to Korea, there will be little reason for you to choose shadow GUN. That's my 2 cents. The choice is yours ultimately. You should go to Youtube to look up some guides.

Among the accessories, the most important one is the bracelet which drops from Naryu Sanctum, so do try to get it as soon as possible. 8 BT shield set, BT ring earring are what you wanna get too, so I hope you can find a clan and raid BT with them. 

Best of luck, man.

@Thicc Stoccpot: still don't see why I'd want to goto bale instead of going to raven (or rift) next. 

As for fire v. shad, only reason I have flipped to shad was DPS numbers against various bosses seemed to be higher w/shad when I last tested between them).  I _started_ w/fire and have switched 5 times w/a fair amount of time between switches (trying different sets to get a feel for difference).  I probably wouldn't have a prob trying fire again for a while.  Seems like fire was lower damage/shot with faster fire rate while opposite w/shad (higher dam/shot but have to reload 2x as often).  So figured if I had fewer shots available to me due to slower ping, I didn't need to get off as many shots to hit same damage w/shad.  W/Fire, need to be able to get off more shots in same amount of time, but if I get hit w/some random delays, won't be able to.  Interesting you say that flame might be better when game doesn't take input as quickly.

What's the deal about using a "training expansion voucher" to add a page to my martial tomb, so one can swap between multiple skill sets (shad+fire in my case), "on the fly"?  What does that mean and why is that useful?  Can one swap between  shadow and fire skills or have access to both sets in battle (which would make it useful)?  If not, how is that useful?

Tnx for the info+feedback... am trying things out as I can.. have hit DT between extra training pages that allow you to swap between fire & shadow on the fly?  Can that enable having access to both sets in a battle (i.e. making it useful?) or why is that useful?

FWIW, making a little progress tonight -- went into F8+entered EbnCit on hard and was lowest person by an embarrassing margin...Then tried Tomb of the Exiles on Normal and ended up being highest person and shepherding someone with less than 10K hits which was sorta fun, but not that productive (let them have all the auctions too, I just withdrew from all of them)...once I'd got inside ToE,  I realized I'd already solo'd it more than once. 

Last one I tried was DT on norm -- died 3x-- only once from "monsters"-- first time didn't know where everyone went, and didn't see dragon spot on top of big ball -- tried to goto bottom to find door -- but it's auto-death down there.  Hmph.  Got back to them while they were still wackin on Elvis, but after him, didn't know where they went -- got lost again and got wopped by a bunch of automatons on way to next stop; next, I found the dragon pulse on top of big ball, got transported outside room were they were fighting and blocked by a wall of fire.  Tried to run+jump -- but .. well 3rd death, found another dragon pulse and ended up in final battle room just as boss died.  Got credit for defeating him (and just bowed out of auction-action) and some generic prize.  So got a few Dcores from all that.

Looks like I might be able to get necklace, from the DragonExpress shop if I have draken necklace.  Other items required Draken parts from various places: MSP, EbnCt, NrFnd & 2 from NrSnc.  Some of those will be more than a bit challenging (oi!).  Need to review everyone's notes and try to consolidate... too many words to hold in memory @ 1 time... ;-)

I'm sure I have more questions, but I don't remember what they were now... (back to brain-fry)...but likely reviewing the above notes and condensing them will help me remember them alot -- can't do that w/a video as easily...

Tanks 'gin...

?★?

On 2018. 01. 24. at 3:42 AM, Astarae said:

I did not know about that.  Here 'tis https://bnstree.com/character/na/Astará

Have to read rest of your stuff, but thought I'd post the profile as that doesn't require much thought.

Tnx for ptr.

Hey i saw that you use undertaker move 3 in shadow build, but try the move 1 instead and you will have more dps

10 minutes ago, kiskenoo said:

Hey i saw that you use undertaker move 3 in shadow build, but try the move 1 instead and you will have more dps

Hmm...yeah... I had it @ 1, but noticed the enabling of clear-shot for 15 sec on #3 and wanted to see what that did.

Isn't clear shot good for anything?   

Initially went through an tried to find highest damage in each, but am still "playing around" -- trying out different stuff.  Istill don't have juggle down either...   To try to remember all of these when I'm up against some boss.... ARG!

Archived