Forums

This is a joke or a curse: what's wrong w/my char?

Astarae

I do less than 50% of the next lowest DPS in parties, where I see people with as much as 230,000 hits as HM12 doing 10X my DPS.  Something seems very wrong.

Is my character nerfed?  I have a serif12, where I'm stuck, but I am beginning to feel that either my ping or something is way out of norms.  I'm noticing usually >200ms ping time in battles, though 1000ms ping times aren't uncommon -- I freeze up and the enemies don't.

Usually in pvp, I get hit initially, and am lucky if I get off more than 2-3 shots before I'm dead being hit with 20-30K/hit weaps.  I got nothing that does that unless it has a 15-20+ timeout on it.  So what am I missing, or literally, has my character been cursed?

I've seen characters at my level and below with far better equipment.  So a Seraph12 is a piece of junk?  I'm finding it near impossible to find ways to upgrade my gear now, but out of 12 people, I was doing less than 50% the damage of the next lowest person.  With a seraph12.  I felt very conspicuous by my lack of DPS contribution and there were some lower level than me (HM8/9 v. my HM10)....  I didn't have time to do comparisons, really, on any of the other people I went in with.  It was a spur of the moment gathering, not a pre-organized group.

Was in 2 different groups today, and both had me 50% below next lowest... That's pretty bad.

My normal "pings" outside of battle are near 100ms +/-15ms.  But those goto poop in a large group battle.

A few key reasons:

1) Ping: It's the most important reason. High ping or ping spike affect some classes more than others. Ping could gimp up to 50% of your potential dps. I play with 300ms (albeit it's a stable 300ms) and I can only do 50-70% dps of what I should be doing. Some classes I can do 60-70% like Fm, some I can barely do 50% (SF, BM...) 

2) Class rotation & Ping dependency: Do you know how to properly play your class? How to do the dps rotation optimally and properly? Knowing how to do dps is really important, perhaps even more important than having good gears if you plan to play the game seriously. As for ping, I have stated above; some class got hurt by bad ping more than the others.

3) Gears: For some classes like Destroyer or SF, it takes riftwalk/dawnforged/raven weapon + at least 8 BT soulshield + Bracelet to start doing proper dps. Baleful/seraph 12 is incredibly weak compared to riftwalk/dawnforged/raven - even if it's just 1 stage lower, like bale/seraph 12 compared to dawn/rift/raven 3, difference is night and day.

-  Next is elemental damage - which comes from BT ring, BT earring, Black gem (Obsidian), VT neck, Soul. Elemental damage is more important than AP, a guy with 30 ap lower but higher elemental damage could out dps you anyday. Most important offensive stats in the game is of this order: Elemental damage > Crit rate = Crit dmg > AP. AP is one of the the least important of the offensive stats. People in F8 use Ap as gauge because they are too lazy to change their way or too lazy to check for anything else.

- Soul belongs to another category. What soul are you using? The people who outdps you, they could be using very good soul, which gives them a massive dps boost when the soul is triggered (usually during the start of the fight.) 

- Soul badge / Mystic Badge. Do you have any of these? The guy who out dps you, does he have VT mystic badge? Because that thing is a crazy DPS boost for some class - like 40 50k flat if he has good ping.

- Soulshield: I'm emphasizing here. Some classes like Fm or KFM you have to use at least 3 MSP till you can do VT. Most other classes get a massive boost for having full 8 pieces of BT. What soulshield are you using?

TL, DR: If you are still using seraph 12, without any BT ring earring (basically means you have no elemental damage), and/or BT soulshield and up, and/or bracelet, and/or a good soul (awakened ascending at least), then yeah, don't be surprise if people out dps you by a large margin, especially if those people know how to do dps properly.

Hope these help.

48 minutes ago, Malign said:

You need a better connection or maybe your router is failing you idk, but 1k ms is unplayable. That's where you're losing damage the most.

Only the spikes are 1k, I'll see pings for non-battle play below 200ms. 

Looked for server ping time right now, but only see FPS.  In Jadestone, looking near the Dragon Trader (treasure symbol on map), I'm only getting 29FPS, but if I turn around and look at the side of the hill where there is only grass (no people), I get 60FPS.    In battle, I will get pauses up to 1 second or more, though usually, its only a few 10ths of a sec (or a couple hundred ms).  It's load dependent, though not entirely.

I wish I could do a perf-trace on the game when getting these stutters, but the buggy & broken  XIGNORE tries to prevent you from doing performance analysis to determine problems.  Lovely.  :-(

Wow... thanks for the detail, but I need to ask some more questions...

8 hours ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

Do you know how to properly play your class? How to do the dps rotation optimally and properly?

How would I know?  I'm not even sure what you mean by "dps rotation" -- so I can't say whether or not I'm doing it "optimally", but just a guess and I'll say that's "unlikely".  ;^/

Lemme see if I can post a screenshot of my equip....

Equip_zpssunp51v9.jpg

It's not starter equip, but main-quest-finished-equip.  I'm having a hard time upgrading it now that main quest is over (gee -- no one has heard that before!)...

Well from looking at your gears, you really don't have much.  You have a pvp gem, your soulshield don't have the correct stats, they are also not fused.  Your accessories are at the bottomline.  And when you say you die soo fast to people, are you doing arenas or battlegrounds?  If you are doing battlegrounds, yes, people will kill you soo fast because you don't have pvp gears (soulshields) either AND people there greatly outgear you.  Then, if in arenas, you will need a lot more practice to learn all about the other classes, their skills, so you can avoid them as best as possible while executing your skills.

So, what do you want to focus on?  PVP (arenas or bg) or PVE? In any sense, if you want to do battlegrounds, you will need to upgrade (get) better gears.  And skill rotations makes a huge difference in your dps output.  You will have to take the time to go watch youtube or look up skill rotations for your class.  Also, you didn't specify which element you are playing.  It's not just your character that is cursed or anything, you just will need to spend a little time to go learn more of your class and fully adapt to it.  Gunners are one of higher dpsers there is without having much gears.

I have mostly been focusing on PvE, though I wouldn't mind not dying instantly from surprise attacks by those who usually wait till people are in battle against NPC's then jump in and assassinate you.  I have gotten the impression that I need to participate in the faction warfare, at least, to be better able to contribute to a clan -- though it seems I need to get a good headset since the few I've had any attraction toward that might accept a newb seem to want to use Discord (Had a headset (Razer), but it disconnects and kills sound too often -- same problem on two different headsets & computers, so need to find a better solution for that).

You say I have a PvP gem?  Just one?  Um...Which one?  None of them said PvP or PvE.

As for trying arenas & other battlegrounds, I've tried them because I had quests to do them -- and they are also part of the dailies.  So of course I would try them, I don't know enough NOT to try different things.

But how do I fuse a soulshield?  I have heard about doing it, but not figured out how.  I assumed I hadn't gotten to a point where I had the right things to do it.  Following the main quest, I was able to find equipment and tutorial stuff to give me clues along the way, but for anything outside of that main quest -- I haven't any good sources. 

I don't even know how to upgrade my 'soul' or get a soul badge either.  So lots of things I don't know, but very poor in-game instruction/information on how to do those things.  :-(.

I'm not sure what you mean by skill rotation -- I use skills, and try to use ones with longer recovery periods early, though I still don't know how to use 'sniper' -- never seen it do any extra damage (got killed by that from a HM9 person standing outside a battle against a something attacking one of the drills -- a bunch of people attacking it, with someone from other side shooting into the crowd.  Sigh.

That's about 50% of my deaths -- when I'm focusing on some NPC enemy.  It would be nice not to die so quick and have a chance at fighting back, but  4 hits of 35K each, and I'm dead.  Seems like this game isn't big on "armor"...

Being new, I'm not 100% certain *what* I want to do or even if I want to continue if I can't even up my performance, since what group(s) would want me if I am so low on DPS?  It's embarrassing, really.

3 hours ago, Astarae said:

Wow... thanks for the detail, but I need to ask some more questions...

How would I know?  I'm not even sure what you mean by "dps rotation" -- so I can't say whether or not I'm doing it "optimally", but just a guess and I'll say that's "unlikely".  ;^/

Lemme see if I can post a screenshot of my equip....

Equip_zpssunp51v9.jpg

It's not starter equip, but main-quest-finished-equip.  I'm having a hard time upgrading it now that main quest is over (gee -- no one has heard that before!)...

Lol, first of all, why did u go seraph?, u have lost 10% of your main/second damage. With the gear u have compared to any other class that has bit better gear or same gear, u should easily outDPS them. For instance, SF, Destroyer, or even WL having same gear, if u have a chance to try them out, u'll cry of how low damage they do.

If you want to know more about your class, then YOUTUBE is your best friend.

It sounds like you're not comfortable with your class yet, both in how to build it most efficiently (gear, skills), and what your rotation is.  Ping is a factor, for sure, but if you have in-game 100-200ms (even if it goes up, spikes, etc...) you should be able to be at least in range of similarly geared players.  And this is where the real story is, imho - your gear is absolutely bottom of the barrel.  It's all story stuff, and you've picked the wrong weapon, but that's ok since baleful and seraph are entry-level now, and you need to jump to dawnforged asap if you're fire gunner, not sure for shadow as I don't play gunner at all, but basing this off advice from highly geared end-game clanmates.

The first thing to learn is your 'rotation' - which is the ideal, most efficient sequence & speed to press your skills for maximum dps.  Can't help you there, but there are tons of gunners in game, and plenty youtube videos that should be helpful.

As far as dying quickly - in PVE you should be able to avoid almost all damage from NPC / bosses, it just takes some practice to memories their rotations and figure out where to be.   Practice against some bosses in F12 (Hongmoon Training Room), it's no-pressure and you can just keep getting hit without dying so you can learn to avoid different boss attacks.  

You really should link your bnstree profile (like this: https://bnstree.com/character/na/Akuma Aoi) that way we can see all your stuff and stats and give you better advice.

In looking at your gear my suggestions:

1) Spam Desolate Tomb and Naryu Sanctum for the legendary accessories that drop there - ring in DT, earring in NS.  Dunno if you play fire or shadow, just bid for (and win!) the appropriate element for your build.  The set bonus is something like 700  crit dmg, which is pretty  hug, plus the @ combined 800 elemental damage which is crucial - elemental is counted on all hits, not just critical hits, so you want as high elemental dmg as possible.

1a) Infuse all soulshields with green or blue (prefered) critical primer.   To do this, have a primer piece in your inventory (you buy blue ones from dragon express using primer base which can be crafted by soul warden or purchased from f5), rmb > 'manage equipment' on the ss piece you are infusing, and press 'evelove'.  You'll need a quantity of fusion powder (salvaged soulshield dust) and maybe ss crystal, can't remember for longgui pieces tbh.  I would use as little gold on this as possible as you really want to get BT set as quickly as possible, but this will increase you dps, guaranteed.  Ideal attack stats for lvl 55 is 60% crit, 120% accuracy.  You won't be able to get that yet, but just progress through the equipment upgrades and eventually you'll get there.

1b) I can't tell if you have badges (soul & mystic).  If you don't, get them now.  For fire gunner I believe it's Magnum soul and pulse mystic, but again I'm not a gunner so I'm not positive.

2) Get oath necklace with 200 draken cores.  Even stage 1 is better than what you have now, but get it to stg 3 as quickly as possible, stg 6 is a comfy place to slow down on upgrading that.  Oath necklace is strong, and it's the best necklace out there until you get to VT level gear, which is a ways off for you.  

3) Get 3 set BT soulshield ASAP (!), as this increases the damage of your #1 burst skill (if fire) Bulletstorm by 30%.  BT shield pieces are easy to get now, and getting in a pug for the achievement (1st boss only) should be no problem at all if you don't already have it.  Basically 1st boss is DKV with a slightly more punishing poison mechanic.  

4) Upgrade to Dawnforged weapon stg 3.  Cost reductions make this more affordable than ever.  Only a single pts and 5 empyrean stones, about half what it was just over a week ago.  Notice i place this as a lower priority than the other accessories - weapon is important, but without the right gear combinations it's a small upgrade and won't make you stronk!

5) Get Eternity Belt with 200 Draken cores.  I put this lower as you don't 'need' it, but it's super helpful for survivability in harder dungeons.  You have a pretty strong pet, the belt will help a lot too.

I put an order to these upgrades, but since they're all fairly easily attainable, and definitely important if you want to dps, just get what you are able first, then move on to the next.  Weapon should be lower priority as the accessories will be a bigger gain up front.

Good luck, have fun!

2 hours ago, Astarae said:

I have gotten the impression that I need to participate in the faction warfare, at least, to be better able to contribute to a clan -- though it seems I need to get a good headset since the few I've had any attraction toward that might accept a newb seem to want to use Discord (Had a headset (Razer), but it disconnects and kills sound too often -- same problem on two different headsets & computers, so need to find a better solution for that).

You do know that you don't need to be on voice chat in discord right? Most clans want you to have discord so that they can easily communicate with everyone without having to type during raids, 4 man dungeons, clan battle, etc. but they don't require you to also be on voice chat with them. Also there are plenty of clans willing to help people out so I highly suggest joining one. As some of the members wouldn't mind running you through dungeons and such and nowadays you don't need a lot of gear to start BT.

45 minutes ago, ClassicMan said:

You do know that you don't need to be on voice chat in discord right? Most clans want you to have discord so that they can easily communicate with everyone without having to type during raids, 4 man dungeons, clan battle, etc. but they don't require you to also be on voice chat with them. Also there are plenty of clans willing to help people out so I highly suggest joining one. As some of the members wouldn't mind running you through dungeons and such and nowadays you don't need a lot of gear to start BT.

yeah he is right, i suggest you to join a clan who do BT raid weekly asap, and start join their raid.. not only this give you good money, but you can start to get elemental accesoris.. so you can skip legendary from DT/EC and go straight to BT Acc

1 hour ago, cibacrome said:

You really should link your bnstree profile (like this: https://bnstree.com/character/na/Akuma Aoi) that way we can see all your stuff and stats and give you better advice.

I did not know about that.  Here 'tis https://bnstree.com/character/na/Astará

Have to read rest of your stuff, but thought I'd post the profile as that doesn't require much thought.

Tnx for ptr.

First thing, gunners are strong, when at equivalent gear. So the problem does not lie in the class itself, but elsewhere, your gear for example.

In regards to your ping issue. Ping shouldn't change just because you are in a group / raid. Ping just doesn't work like that. You may be confusing it with FPS, and there are many resources out there to improve FPS. Personally I run max graphics when solo / daily dungeon, and in raids, I drop everything down to 2 except for monster effect and extra effect so I can see those pesky pizza lines. Your mileage will vary.

Onto the dps issue. You will need to understand that HM level means very little compared to equipment. Someone can be HM 25 with trainee weapon and do less than 5k damage. Of course, that's going to the extreme, but it should illustrate the importance of equipment, and break the illusion of higher HM = better.

For your equipment, as a gunner you want to go baleful. I don't know where you got the idea that you want to use seraph but that source is wrong. If you went seraph purely for the looks, I recommend you to farm 5k peaches in celestial basin and get syrok weapon, same model and coloration. I reckon that with every single buff active, you can probably pull off about 20~25k dps with the gear you have, depending on your mechanics.

I also noticed that you are a shadow gunner. Try switching to fire and give it a go. It's a different feel but you may like it better as it's easier to use, and may improve your dps.

Below I propose a progression route for upgrading your gear. I have tried to list them in the order that I think will help you the most, while taking the least amount of time.

1.) Get your soul badge if you haven't, using your solar energies. I do not know which element and specifically, what route in that element (example, fire has two different routes), you want to play so I can't recommend anything here, but bnstree has a page where it shows you the popular badges that people are using, check it out.

2.) Get to farming for your bracelet. You need 200 cores and 10 sanctum runs. Don't worry about running sanctum if you aren't over 1k AP, you will eventually hit 1k.

3.) while farming for your draken cores, run DT for the elemental ring of your chosen element, and sanctum (if you can) for the elemental earring of your chosen element. Note that these are NOT orange (legendary, as many posters in here indicated), you want the PURPLE one (heroic). The only orange accessories you are looking for at this stage is bracelet, belt, neck. In that order of importance.

4.) Upgrade to Dawnforge for your weapon. you will need to either restart from bale1 or use pristine oil to change. You can go straight into raven if you so desire, but we will all be calling you whale and asking you for gold.

5.) if you can get raven feathers, try to join a BT raid and at least try to kill the first boss and get your 3 set BT soul shields. 8 set is preferable, but that will most likely not come any time soon unless you chance upon a whale alt run that just needed fills.

5.) upgrade your solak soul to hongmoon soul of at least stage 6, that's when you get a secondary bonus effect. extra 5 or 10 AP when you are nearing 1k AP is a measly 1% increase. compared to a 300 crit rate that may get you a 2% increase to crit chance. This is also why getting your weapon upgraded isn't as important as getting your elemental accessories.

7.) if you can get raven feathers and you have finished your BT soul shields or you can't complete them yet, get your BT mystic badge.

By now you should have a better idea of what to get next (elemental acc, better HM soul, fused badge etc.) and you should notice a much better DPS coming out from your gunner.

4 hours ago, cibacrome said:

1) Spam Desolate Tomb and Naryu Sanctum for the legendary accessories that drop there - ring in DT, earring in NS.

How to spam?  Can't do either by self.  Not sure how to find a group that wants to do either repeatedly (multiple times/hour, as needed)...

you want as high elemental dmg as possible.

Ok -- how do I do that?

you really want to get BT set as quickly as possible, but this will increase you dps, guaranteed.  Ideal attack stats for lvl 55 is 60% crit, 120% accuracy.  You won't be able to get that yet, but just progress through the equipment upgrades and eventually you'll get there.

What is "BT"?  (BTW - current crit is ~43%, acc ~118% )

5 hours ago, cibacrome said:

1b) I can't tell if you have badges (soul & mystic).  If you don't, get them now.  For fire gunner I believe it's Magnum soul and pulse mystic, but again I'm not a gunner so I'm not positive.

Where/how do I get soul badges -- been looking for them, but they look a ways off right now.

5 hours ago, cibacrome said:

... VT level gear  (&)  BT soulshield

4) Upgrade to Dawnforged weapon stg 3.

VT? BT?  Does my True shot SoulShield count for a BT?  Is Dawnforged Raven and Rift?  One of them is next on my list -- have gotten my lvl in Forge up to 4 (and should be up to 5 in another day or two), so I put in my 1st order for 3 empyrien's today.

Will look at your plan more l8r... getting slightly brain-numb... ;-)  Very much appreciate your info and hope you get that I'm studying it closely (along with some other suggestions after yours...just haven't been able to respond yet...).  Don't worry about TLDR -- I'm just slow to respond sometimes... 

ty again!

1 hour ago, Astarae said:

Just go to F8 and 'LFP' for Desolate Tomb.  NS it's better to form parties in lobby, since it's harder.  Even though DT is pretty easy with current gear, respect your party and watch some videos to get a basic idea of what to do.  They're probably outdated - a while back DT was very hard and included mechanics that if failed cause insta-death and wipes, but the 'normal' mode is much easier and no mechs are required to clear.  The accessories drop from normal mode.  But the video will give you an idea of what to expect, at least, minus mechs.

Definitely watch videos of Naryu Sanctum, but again, the mechanics you'll likely see in videos are hard mode, which have been nerfed and don't exist in normal mode.  For first boss let someone with experience line up the adds for mech, and stay out of their way :D   For Agoni boss make sure you throw spears when you can since that's a mech that is included in normal.   Besides that just pew-pew and avoid boss attacks.  For end boss just pewpew and try not to die XD, you can practice in F12 to learn boss rotations.

Elemental damage comes from accessories - in this case the ring & earring I recommended from DT & NS

MSP soulshields are the entry level 'legendary' soulshield, which the storyline now gives (used to be u had to farm HARD for those lol).  

BT is short for Black Tower, which is officially called 'Skybreak Spire' in game, a weekly 12 man raid that drops high level accessories and weapon upgrade materials.  Anyway, these are the next level up soulshield, pieces drop from all the bosses in Skybreak Spire, but you can easily buy the first 3 with feathers you get from daily dash, daily challenge, weekly challenge (these weekly mini-raids are pretty easy and a good way to get mats & gold, as well as raven king feathers to buy and upgrade accessories).  Once you get your accessories to at least DT/NS ring & earring, soul badge and mystic badge, and your weapon to rift/dawn (not required tho), you'll have an easier time getting in a BT raid.  PUGs get advertised in faction and local chat, but it's best to find a clan that you can run these with, you'll progress faster through all aspects of the game with a decent clan - they'll help you gear up and run some of the harder stuff.

Since I know literally NOTHING about shadow gunner except that most gunners play fire because it's higher dmg and a bit easier to play, I can't help you with shadow badge(s).  For fire you can buy the soul badge with solar energies which you get from Daily Challenge.  Complete 'DC' each day and you'll save up 120 to buy a soul badge from Dragon Express, which is accessed from the little moneypouch looking icon at bottom of your inventory.  Mystic badges you farm Celestial Basin for - get 16k peaches and use either raven feathers or lunar twilight flowers depending on which badge you need.  the NPC Vendor in Celestial Basin (Guwon City map) has them, look up the cost there.

As far as weapon paths - there are two major paths right now after bale/seraph.  Strongest is Raven, but it's also more expensive to upgrade, by thousands of gold worth of mats through all the stages.  A very good, lower cost option is Dawnforge / Riftwalker, which is seperate from Raven.  You can upgrade to Dawn/Rift 6 and then switch to Raven 6, or go all the way to Dawn/Rift 9 and then over to Raven 9, your choice.  Upgrade weapons for 6-9 can be hard to farm, and you'll be doing Skybreak Spire regluarly by then so upgrading Raven would be simpler, but a bit more costly.  Raven is strong though, so it's just a matter of preference.

To visualize the upgrade paths for weapons and accessories, press ctrl+I in game and you'll get a chart to see each upgrade tree.  at the top are icons to choose weapon, accessories, soul, and pet to see how all that plays out, including mats & gold requirements for each stage.

VT is short for Vortex Temple, which is the end-game raid, more or less hardest content in-game right now, you won't be concerned with that for a while.

weapons and so on, great just u see at "rang dps" upper grade. If badge do 1k for first hit u see 10 times more than u not becouse its really do it. So go buy one to yourself, real damage increasing more with "focus" - its how much hits u do per time moment. There are badges, pets aura and soul for that.

Aquamarine stone 10%, Xanos ss 3 set +7% to critical damage itself.

Please don't say that desolate tomb normal mode doesn't require mechanics because I see people getting the 3 mark and putting the lava at the foot of the boss and killing my cat in two hits or people staying far from the boss getting the far mark during the lightning phase and getting the buff and not allowing the boss to grab them to make the boss fight quicker. or I see people having the 3 mark and standing right next to someone else and knocking up other people or people will try and range tank him. Sure it isn't as mechanic heavy as hard mode but i see people doing this all the time and its really frustrating.

This is a good updated guide for normal mode dt

Your equip is very basic, if you do 30k dps thats fine with that.

+you have no diamond in weapon to push AP, exchange with the orange gem(there is no AP on it) Attack Power is your most important stat after elemental damage, which you have none.

+fuse your soulshield with crit, 

This game isn't very friendly to newbies.  There aren't specifics to show you how to fuse your soulshields, no where to show you what badges are and how to get them.  You HAVE to do a lot of searching from outside the game to learn things inside the game.  Starting in Blade and Soul, you have to understand that we don't have a designated tank and healer.  Well, we have classes who can tank better then others and what not, but it is not like other mmo's where the tank just stands still while the healer heals him.  There are a lot of mechanics needed to be done for ALL dungeons.  Some of the dungeons now are a breeze just because they are lower content and everyone out gears the dungeon.  There is just no easy way to go about this, you have to take time outside of the game to learn more about your class and about the dungeons mechanics.  Or, at least have clanmates or friends in game who can explain into details about these for you.  

Now, you say you want to do PVE, then stray away from PVPs.  There are plenty of PVE quests in daily challenge to finish without having to do any PVP quest.  This is so you don't drag down 5 other people on your team (battleground wise).  And, your Amber gem is a PVP gem.  Anything with Crit Defense and Debuff Damage are strictly for PVP.  So, for your gems, you want to go for anything with AP - attack power.  So, right now, you are missing a Diamond gem, which gives a lot of attack power.

everything that was pointed out there is very good advice, you should take it! 

here is my advice as well 

- once you finish your main quest, you need to start doing dungeons (you prob know this already since you said you are doing dailies). So press F8 and go through everything from Lair of Frozen Fang up to Naryu Sanctum.

- I recommend watching/reading guides on the following dungeons: Ebondrake Citadel (EC), Desolate Tomb (DT), Naryu Foundry (NF) and Naryu Sanctum (NS) before joining them as they need some knowledge beforehand; you need to do mechs 100% of times. 

- to do NF or NS, join the dungeons advertised by others in the chat - you need 1k AP to join a good team. For the others just use the button LFP

- by doing these dungeons you will steadily earn gold and materials - always take the quest outside each dungeon once you entered it using LFP

- the trueshot SS that you have right now are also called the MSP soulshields; the BT and VT soulshields are something you need to earn after - these come from high lvl raids; raids which you cannot join without at least 1k AP and some real good game experience

- Press J while in open world and look for a quest called "know your enemy part1" (if i remember correctly) - you will have to kill the bosses in EC, DT, NF and NS - at the end of this quest you will receive 3 BT soulshields which you should equip straight away.

- I'm also looking at your HM points (you get 5 with each level up) - well, you should keep a maximum of 20 HM points in Defense, but only in high lvl dungeons like NF/NS and raids (which you will join later anyway), Other than that, it's just a waste and you're losing too many atk points - so just put everything in attack! Right now you have like 27 in def which is just a waste.

- press on the key I and go to Dragon Express - use either 4x hongmoon powders (about 20g each in F5)  or solar energy (which you get from doing dailies) and buy yourself a Diamond gem (white/silver gem) which will boost your AP by ~40

- remove the amber/orange gem - you are interested in using only gems that give AP

- join a clan. Most clans will help their players. they will help you join raids like dawn of khanda vihar, aransu school and snowjade fortress - needed to finish weekly challenges as well as BT and VT - once you are ready for them.

- a clan will also help with giving advice, you wont have to turn to the forum, things will be just much quicker that way.

- don't be scared of discord, it's just like any other IM out there: skype, whatsapp or whatever

- Right now your weapon is seraph12 and it's enough - you might go to dawnforged3 to appear more appealing for these raids i enumerated above.

- if you want to join random raids and not do them through a clan, i recommend getting the legendary gear from the dungeons in F8: EC ,DT, NF, NS

- in regards to badges - press I go to dragon express (third tab i think, not in game right now..) and you can buy badges  with solar energy - i definitely recommend using the solar energy solely for this first.

- since there are 2 badges you can equip, the other one will be available by farming it - just go to gunwon city - celestial basin and do the quests there to farm peaches. Then you can use 16k peaches and 50 feathers to buy your badge - i recommend getting the one which increases your tombstone by 2 seconds.

- in terms of skill rotation; i can only advise you on fire gunner: you will always start your rotation by using V (move 1) + tab+F then left mouse button (LMB) to recharge and F again  . You can do this about 4-5 times if your ping is good, every 2 seconds

- once you get your badge which increases your tab move, that's another lmb+tab you can do.

- then you can use skill 4 move 1 (up to 3 times) 

- then you use skill C  move 1 (aka firefall) and spam F while C is active - if you read the description of C move 1, you will see that it makes F for free available during the duration

- skill 3 move 1 is activated randomly, so always keep your eyes on it - press F to activate, this will give you 5x F to use.

- always use skill F when it's available (aka Unload) - it usually charges overtime when you are using your RMB (right mouse button) which is the continuous attack.

- press F12 and practice your skills there - you will learn combos for either fire or shadow gunner

- know that V+tab+f will become very powerful once you get your legendary bracelet from NS - you should use the tiger bracelet.

i know it's quite long to read but enjoy :)

Astarae, what server are you on? This is a lot of information to absorb. If your on my server, I can get help you directly, either by getting you in touch with a gunslinger guru from my clan, or inviting you into clan, where we can assist you on dungeon runs for your starter elemental gear/legendary accessories, and get you into Skybreak Spire (BT) once your geared up just a little better. We could carry you, but we would rather you learn mechs and be an asset to the team. As for the VT gear, your a long ways off that, but we have a working relationship right now with a group of players we inject VT ready members into so they can get a raid, and learn. We are not at the point of being self sustaining on VT (Temple of Eluvium) right now.

I can point you in the right direction for SS infusion, right now, you should be focusing on critical damage, as that will boost your DPS considerably. The guy i know won't steer you wrong, he will help you build a sustained fire build, which will be getting buffed sometime this year when the fire burst gets nerfed like it did in KR. If you want to PVP, this guy is probably our third best guy for PVP and can help you considerably with that, as well as the other PVP gurus in the clan as well. PVP is something you need for your secret techniques which will also help you out on your rotation.

We do require discord, and we do require you sit in voice channel on raids, we do not require you to actually talk on said raids, you can type in the raid channel in game, we have a couple others that do that as well, but it's there for faster communication. It works much better to call out buff transport on the first boss in BT for example so you know when and where you have to be a few seconds before it shows up, or when I am tanking the Raven King and get rooted, or screw up the pizza phase just a little, I call the direction change of the safe zone before it actually changes, giving the raid a better chance to react to it, and not get killed. We call for stuns, airs, DPS stop, all sorts of things in voice.

If your not on my server, my suggestion is look for a clan that is interested in helping players get ready for BT, you are almost there to be honest gear wise. Last night i took my WL in, HM10 stage 1 legendary ring, stage 6 neck, stage 3 belt, no legendary bracelet (4 NS runs short of purchase) no elemental accessories, both badges, 5MSP/3BT SS Seraph 10, 1028 AP and cleared Raven King with 10 people at the end. 

pre-script (instead of post-script) -- tried to post this 2 days ago, but wouldn't post (just said "saved")...trying again,...

On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 6:44 PM, Racingwind said:

In regards to your ping issue. Ping shouldn't change just because you are in a group / raid. Ping just doesn't work like that. You may be confusing it with FPS, and there are many resources out there to improve FPS. Personally I run max graphics when solo / daily dungeon, and in raids, I drop everything down to 2 except for monster effect and extra effect so I can see those pesky pizza lines. Your mileage will vary.

Re ping -- dunno about changes due to being in a group, exactly, its when I am in combat against other people -- not so much monsters though -- monsters affect FPS more, but people battling -- that information on what they are doing and position changes for everyone around you have to be transmitted to you, "somehow".  That's more information sent to you, per update -- I think that's when my ping time drops.  As for FPS -- similar -- max when soloing, for places where other people are battling (even "with" me),  all their information has to be sent to me (what effects they are generating, position, damage to common creatures....etc.)  Um..."pizza lines"...not sure what you mean.

For your equipment, as a gunner you want to go baleful.

I reckon that with every single buff active, you can probably pull off about 20~25k dps with the gear you have, depending on your mechanics.

Why baleful?  Sorta moot now as next stage is to go raven or sky.  As for dps -- my current dps is usually around 25k now.  When I was in the groups, the next lowest dps was 50k.

I also noticed that you are a shadow gunner. Try switching to fire and give it a go. It's a different feel but you may like it better as it's easier to use, and may improve your dps.

I can try switching back but I started w/fire.  I went to shadow earlier and it was not so good, and went back to fire.  Later, at current lvl, tried shadow again, and it seems to give better dps.

1.) Get your soul badge if you haven't, using your solar energies.

2.) Get to farming for your bracelet. You need 200 cores and 10 sanctum runs. Don't worry about running sanctum if you aren't over 1k AP, you will eventually hit 1k.   3.) while farming for your draken cores, run DT for the elemental ring of your chosen element, and sanctum (if you can) for the elemental earring of your chosen element.

I don't get solar energies regularly -- I haven't been able to do any of the daily challenges by my self and haven't felt strong enough to contrib. to a group (sorta catch-22). 

I assume you get draken cores from sanctum runs? 

4.) Upgrade to Dawnforge for your weapon. you will need to either restart from bale1 or use pristine oil to change.

You can go straight into raven if you so desire, but we will all be calling you whale and asking you for gold.

Dawnforge -- raven or rift?  Why would I restart from bale1? and what would I use pristine for?  Bale isn't even an option anymore for me on the upgrade paths -- just raven or rift.   Initial cost going into rave/rift looks the same.  There do seem to be some higher costs later on w/raven, BUT, seems like you pay for riftwalk w/lower weap for some time.  Given how fast I'm upgrading right now (i.e. hardly at all), I'd be stuck with a lower stat weap for quite a while.  Do I really want that? 

As for whale...erg...I re[pre]sent that remark! >:->  A clam, might be more accurate for someone who trades in some perls for gold (ok, no perls, so moot point).  I don't understand the whale thing that well.  It's based on some people being able to avoid some of the broken parts of the game (the farming).  If that option comes up for someone -- seems like that's a smart idea.  The whole idea of calling people disparaging names seems anti-community and a result of feeling that some people didn't subject themselves to dragging themselves through the mud.  Either way -- farming or paying through -- it's all a result of broken game mechanics cuz devs couldn't think of a smarter way to keep game interesting while progressing.  That's just "broken", IMO... but I'm coming from mostly solo games that don't have people scrambling over the top of each other to get to the top.  People don't worry about that so much.  Have you ever seen the "scene" in Oblivion -- especially on the nexus boards.  Sweet sharing of info and extensions.  But I admit to not being used to mmo's, so maybe that makes things very different.  Am not much for competition because people will tend not to help out others as much and info becomes more guarded.  Neither seem great options for an mmo... but I'm too new to really know.

Archived