Making party that stays. -need recommendation

JoannaRamira

Greetings. I think this should be on the right place, if not then i assume mod can move it elsewhere where it could be suitable.

There has been a thing that bothers me for quite a bit, it's when i made a party in dg's especially with my gunslinger alt.   Sometime it works nicely, ppl coming we finish good etc. BUT there were also weird time where i made a party (particularly for any dungeon beyond Naryu Sanctum like Ebondrake Lair, Irontech Forge. Though i also received such treatment for sanctum) Where people do come.. but only stays like few seconds before leaving without saying anything :S and sometimes i almost had full party... final person came..stayed only few seconds.. then it chain reacted as other party members also left :x   leaving me there confused on what was wrong /tmi. Even inside the dungeon BEFORE we even face boss.. people can left and there was instance where 2 people left :x ... seriously ;w; 

Do i look undergeared for anything above, say Naryu foundry etc... or do i look too strict ?.  Well Up to Naryu sanctum be it on main or alt i never really put any "state of the art" requirement... I usually put something like "Sanctum with Little sis" or "Sanctum with Big sister" or for Irontech i put "Speak English" (as in IF the greatest problem of mine.. is when your party member speak spanish :x and can't do say "3") Sometime i do put requirement like "About 1K-ish AP" for SSM or try finding tank.  I can't really reach Raven 6 atm...as i still farmed the mats.  I thought in respect of gearing my alt shuld be adequate for at least up to starstone mine :x but yeah.

Granted that im in a clan :x but well, alot of time my schedule are just not lining up and i have to fend off myself.  I would love to have static but.. unfortunately all my IRL friends no longer play, even those who dragged me in this game in the first place.  The void is real for me  / ;w; \ .

This is my gunslinger alt :3 if anyone wants to nitpick anything :x. Anyway raising up souls and pet are beyond my power atm so is my accs as they now require premium stone which i haven't got my luck back in making them.

https://bnstree.com/character/na/Tendo Rushuna

Well i appreciate any insight :3 and recommendation.

cheers.

I'm sure it's not about you, that people leave after seconds, cos your Gunner does look pretty good. I think they pop into your group, but then see someone else's listing for the same or another dungeon and go there. Could also be the rest of the group they don't like, missing Warlock, no BB, or dublicate classes.

It seems your Gunslinger would be fine up to Naryu Sanctum, but really generally below what people will want for any of the higher dungeons. Not that it can't be done, but most people want to get through these dungeons fast, and since they're more difficult, they're looking for groups with stronger players in them.

It's kind of like doing Naryu Sanctum on my 1K alt with other players around the same level. It's slow and tedious, but it still gets the run done. But on my main, I just want to breeze through it with a strong group. If I see people at or below the minimum, I'm going to leave. For the higher dungeons, I really don't want to be stuck in a group with people that seem like they wouldn't reach over 50K DPS.

It's no you OP, I think these kind of people are affraid of getting cancer just by seeing HM levels of the other members of your party (even if good geared or alts).

That I suspect because when they insta leave I don't think they had time to do any gear check.

You are more than perfectly fine to run all of those dungeons. Many players nowadays are way more than elitist with their parties (my 3 alts, all over 1040 ap and HM 10, are kicked constantly from Sanctum; in general, VERY geared players dont even think about helping newer players get their 10 runs achievement so they can progress further... evem when they are more than prepared for it and don't need a carry), plus they do tend to dislike gunners, specially if there are more than one in the same party (don't ask me why, I am the kind of player than consider all the classes useful, though I do know that a tank makes things easier). Don't blame it on yourself, but on the current playerbase for higher dungeon's mindset (much blah blah blah about mechanics-is-all, but they are the first to kick anyone that they THINK wont be the best choice to cheese the chosen dungeon). I play less and less cause of that mindset, but if you enjoy the game, hang on tight... it takes a lot more time to get into a party with nice people, but it can be done. As for me, it just depends of how much patience for the game I have each day, after work and daily concerns. 

1 hour ago, Milennin said:

It seems your Gunslinger would be fine up to Naryu Sanctum, but really generally below what people will want for any of the higher dungeons. Not that it can't be done, but most people want to get through these dungeons fast, and since they're more difficult, they're looking for groups with stronger players in them.

It's kind of like doing Naryu Sanctum on my 1K alt with other players around the same level. It's slow and tedious, but it still gets the run done. But on my main, I just want to breeze through it with a strong group. If I see people at or below the minimum, I'm going to leave. For the higher dungeons, I really don't want to be stuck in a group with people that seem like they wouldn't reach over 50K DPS.

So i have to be like 1100+ for Irontech ?

That's gonna take a while :x

1 hour ago, Riss77 said:

It's no you OP, I think these kind of people are affraid of getting cancer just by seeing HM levels of the other members of your party (even if good geared or alts).

That I suspect because when they insta leave I don't think they had time to do any gear check.

I never really do gear check myself.  The more time i spend in nitpicking people the bigger it seems the probability they would leave :x ..i almost never press kick button :x

45 minutes ago, Rea Shinwa said:

You are more than perfectly fine to run all of those dungeons. Many players nowadays are way more than elitist with their parties (my 3 alts, all over 1040 ap and HM 10, are kicked constantly from Sanctum; in general, VERY geared players dont even think about helping newer players get their 10 runs achievement so they can progress further... evem when they are more than prepared for it and don't need a carry), plus they do tend to dislike gunners, specially if there are more than one in the same party (don't ask me why, I am the kind of player than consider all the classes useful, though I do know that a tank makes things easier). Don't blame it on yourself, but on the current playerbase for higher dungeon's mindset (much blah blah blah about mechanics-is-all, but they are the first to kick anyone that they THINK wont be the best choice to cheese the chosen dungeon). I play less and less cause of that mindset, but if you enjoy the game, hang on tight... it takes a lot more time to get into a party with nice people, but it can be done. As for me, it just depends of how much patience for the game I have each day, after work and daily concerns. 

Now i know how this happened.  I have led party full of gunslingers to sanctum XD

Screenshot_180101_001.jpg?width=883&heig

The desire to get a "strong-whale'ish" group is all well and fine for me.. the most unfortunate thing is that they just leave without at least providing reason why... i feel that it's so rude. I could share more stories related to my main but i guess this is not the time.

In short i tried to be open, accommodating anyone and trust (I assume everyone entering my lobby would "know their stuff") and play fair (Ok i made a group based on my own gear and what i could possibly achieve) Seeing people left after all of those kinda devastating to me :x What do i lack.. Probably if i could be as geared as some friends people would stay but it's just beyond me atm .  People want me to learn mech sure.. i can take any roles in any upper dg's (The only thing im still having problem is HH  final boss marking which i lack chance to practice)

1 hour ago, mankodana said:

you have more than enough stats to run naryu sanctum people leave cuz of hm levels or maybe cuz they see "low ap stats", you can clear normal mode with 900 ap if im not wrong and hard mode with 950 ap 

Thanks.

I used to put like 850 AP req before for Sanctum but today i guess things changed. 

Above sanctum tho like SSM.. it's rather problematic. and the occurrences of people leaving my group on anything above sanctum,  i can no longer ignore.

6 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

I kinda give up on this /;w;\

guess everything above Sanctum is closed to me until i somewhat have 1100 or more :S

Try to go above 1100+ AP. There is a reason why people request this high AP although the dungeons can be done with much lower AP.

Just to give you few examples why people want high AP:

EL: sometimes even I did the EL first boss mech perfectly, but people can't even do 4X cc correctly to bomb the boss, which results in longer fight by dpsing it down

IF: High AP is to skip most of the marking phases (usually finish the final boss before or just after blue markings) at final bosses. You have no idea how many players are using macros in dungeon. (You can tell easily if they use macro or not by watching them keep on auto-attacking at the boss when it has shield up.) Also, these people usually stay at same location for entire fight.

SSM: to skip through the jumping phase mech, especially if you have a self-fish teammate who won't save his/her teammates with his/her fire buff.

Elitism is rampant in BnS - especially in the cross-server.

This is a place than kicks or bails on a DT run if the entire party isn't over 1k ap... despite an entire party barely over 900ap could handle it well enough... heck even lower, really. Mind you, before the 55 update, people were doing this for 950+, despite the fact that DT (before the normal mode nerfs) could be cleared by an entire party at 730ap.

Simply put, the "me me me" mentality of the community want everything handed to them and done so as quickly as possible. If their party isn't full-blown whales, it's not good enough for them. And, if they even dare see a "filthy casual" with less than 1k ap, their monacles pop right out of their skulls and they run away for a "good" party. Happens all the time. Heck, I was trying to host a DT run last night for DC and had a solid party with nobody below 950 ap... and just as we got the last person to join, that person "monacle popped" and caused a cascade that sent the ENTIRE REMAINING PARTY leaving! Luckily for me, it only took a few minutes to get a party with some ball-balls and we completed the run in record time.

I should add that, while one of my alts was "weaker", I completely out-stripped a party of whales, not by damage, but by being the only person who survived the boss, pretty much following the mechs and doing the right things. Ya, the "weakest" person of the entire party ended up carrying the party through the final boss. I wonder the looks on their smug faces when they saw that >=3

But tangent aside, that's just the nature of the cross-server. You'll just have to keep trying and hope for a party that aren't complete elitist cowards.

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

Try to go above 1100+ AP. There is a reason why people request this high AP although the dungeons can be done with much lower AP.

Just to give you few examples why people want high AP:

EL: sometimes even I did the EL first boss mech perfectly, but people can't even do 4X cc correctly to bomb the boss, which results in longer fight by dpsing it down

IF: High AP is to skip most of the marking phases (usually finish the final boss before or just after blue markings) at final bosses. You have no idea how many players are using macros in dungeon. (You can tell easily if they use macro or not by watching them keep on auto-attacking at the boss when it has shield up.) Also, these people usually stay at same location for entire fight.

SSM: to skip through the jumping phase mech, especially if you have a self-fish teammate who won't save his/her teammates with his/her fire buff.

Then technically my Destroyer main is unsuitable too for anything above Sanctum too.  Because she's not 1200AP.

59 minutes ago, SilverFoxR said:

But tangent aside, that's just the nature of the cross-server. You'll just have to keep trying and hope for a party that aren't complete elitist cowards.

Which kinda pain and mind boggling at the same time. I don't really mind if they leave but at least provide some good reason and feedback for it :x 

58 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

Then technically my Destroyer main is unsuitable too for anything above Sanctum too.  Because she's not 1200AP.

Which kinda pain and mind boggling at the same time. I don't really mind if they leave but at least provide some good reason and feedback for it :x 

Commonly the reason is "I'm too good for you. Now where did my monocle go?"

While I don't agree that parties should need like 1111111111 AP to clear anything above Sanctum, it's still a sad fact that everytime I run with people having below Rift/Dawn during these dungeons clearly don't know what to do and ruin the parties. However with the "death" of BnS Academy, people also have a hard time finding guides I suppose so it doesn't help either. 

Nonetheless, problem in F8 is lack of balance : look there is like, let's say, a Hollow's Heart run, and there are 4 "whales" : in F8, there would be no rights that any random would come, despite these 4 whales being able to finihs the dungeon easily. Why is that ? Now, I'm not saying to take every Baleful/Seraph ever, my point is that you don't need f*cking VT SB or gear to complete everything above NS, MULTIRUNS INCLUDED btw. (I know it's a farm and it should be quick, but it just make rich being richer as they farm more)

It's obviously not a problem in guilds, but in F8 I find it quite 'retarded'. 

In short, it's like HH/SM is hard content when all you need to do is a spacebar and mobility. 

I remember joining that SM with like 2 Baleful + 2 low stages Dawnforged, ends up in a fail because the DPS is clearly not enough, and even myself don't even have Awakened as a Raven 6. (wasn't playing much during events back then, so I missed a lot of potential oils too, started to stack oils from mushroom event, and a bit by the end of Tower of Memory)

The problem of F8 is that DPS = high AP, when it's absolutely not. What's the point of having 1110+ AP like me with Hongmoon 9 soul ? Yeah my dps isn't 20-50k or whatsoever, but it's not in the 150k+ as well. (constant)

People should have a clear base of gear to get before joining IF and above, no you don't need Raven but what business do you have joining these dungeons with Baleful/Seraph too ? It drops mats for going further with your Rift/Dawn at around stage 4-5, having Baleful/Seraph on these dungeons shouldn't be an excuse, alt or not.

13 hours ago, Lyn Thunderfox said:

While I don't agree that parties should need like 1111111111 AP to clear anything above Sanctum, it's still a sad fact that everytime I run with people having below Rift/Dawn during these dungeons clearly don't know what to do and ruin the parties. However with the "death" of BnS Academy, people also have a hard time finding guides I suppose so it doesn't help either.

Then, one should instruct, tell them what to do.  Problem with this especially from my own experience is language barrier as some may not speak english.  Sanctum, could be easy. but anything above it is nightmare.  Or they do know what to do but can't communicate properly and ruin the party as well.

Archived