Sign in to follow this  
Kayronik

Having a hard time in F8...

Kayronik   

as soon as I hit Tombstone, I pull aggro off tanks, sometimes just Quickshot spam is enough.

Is there any way to dump aggro besides just stopping dps altogether? I know we're a pure dps class, and I like that a lot, but we really don't have any way to minimize threat at all. Even in groups with other dpsers who outgear me, I'm pulling aggro and then having to Whipline around like an idiot trying not to get annihilated.

Squishyy   

You wait a few seconds before you attack,until your tank has tanked it arround ~good 5 seconds and has built up DPS. Then you can look forward to tombstone it out. Thats what I learned in my general experience as gunner in F8

Reyva   

Heh, some of those folks in F8, I can wait 5 secs or more and I'll still take aggro.  I remember one time I purposely waiting like 20 seconds and still took the hate from the tank.  While I suggest you check out the tank's gear and skill build, sometimes they can have good gear and build and still suck lol.  However, most of the time if they have at least Raven or higher and their legendary bracelet, they can hold the aggro.  People without that gear I expect to be tanking.

I personally don't mind tanking, but I have to change my game up as soon as I realize I'm going to be tanking most of the fight.  I typically have a easier time if I'm on my Shadow build during those times even though I can/do fire most of the time.

Just give them a little bit to generate Threat, then pop your tab. If you do somehow get aggro, tap X to bring up a shield if you need and keep firing.

Just the downside of playing Fire gunner - tab is powerful, but you need to have all the right things happen at once.

Banzatou   

Always prepare for the worst and take the time to understand boss rotations. Never feel like you can't tank, because all classes can tank. Hypothetically, if all players spec'd the same gear/HM points, we virtually have the same HP/DEF.

Learn to not rely on E so much and use X when necessary. 1 is pretty good for certain situations and Q is more awesome than people give it credit for.

More than half of the population from F8 have a stigma that "Gunner = Noob" and with good reason:

Always range and never learns mechs, 

Only presses Tab+F and holds LMB until they're of old age

Never alpha calls after Warlock's soulburn

And when they're the DPSer, whipline spam like a freaked out squirrel, and no one can hit the boss properly.

Rather than diminishing the dmg output, take the time to learn boss rotations and go nuts with DPSing.

Losing HP is not as scary as you think.

I thought there was candy that reduced threat.  If there isn't there should be.  There is also the upcoming threat modifier patch that will make things interesting.

FrozenB   

There is -threat charms that you can craft from soul warden guild. 

It just proves that gunner is OP class when they can constantly pull aggro from tank with few hundred % boost on threat. Let say if tank uses 300% threat skills, to get aggro over tank, you have to deal 3X more damage than the tank. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb FrozenB:

It just proves that gunner is OP class when they can constantly pull aggro from tank with few hundred % boost on threat. Let say if tank uses 300% threat skills, to get aggro over tank, you have to deal 3X more damage than the tank. 

Yes, and dealing that much more dmg than the "tank" is not hard in F8. Gunner has op burst but against a really good geared and skilled tank it's not enough to steal aggro.