Boring bi-weekly outfit rotations

Kozuki

36 minutes ago, Showta said:

If you guys want to catch your older second-hand goodwill bargain bin clearance section in K-mart outfits then

My game must be defective... I can't find K-mart anywhere....!  :-| (str8face)

Some of the outfits you showed were definitely of interest, but here's a Q.  Does NCSoft own & operate the Korean version?  Might there be licensing issues?

Though, ForWhatItsWorth, the people running the US-servers may be minimum wage types running off of badly translated support scripts.  Having reported more than one issue, I've gotten answers indicating they didn't really understand English as a first language (like they wanted me to include pictures when I talked about a feature that killed my char (I guess I was supposed to go get killed again in the same way for the photo-op).  At least 2-3 other questions were answered with "the feature you described is working 'as intended', so there will be no further action taken". 

I asked them how they know that this random problem I described was the way it was supposed to be and not a bug or design flaw.  I ask "Is there something that describes the features in detail enough to know that an insta-kill bug is intended as a feature and why it was designed that way?" 

Before, on another seeming bug, was told that they would pass on my concern, but couldn't say anymore.  Geez.    Sometimes it seems they are told to do things a certain way, but don't know why (and may not agree with it either).   :-( 

5 hours ago, Astarae said:

You may be sick and tired, but some of us don't have those old outfits.  For new players, all the old outfits are "new". 

I would  like it if they would make the entire catalog available -- I don't care if they put all the old stuff in an "old faves" section or a separate area -- I am perfectly happy if they have new stuff that would please you, but please don't try to make old stuff unavailable -- because you are tired of it.  I haven't had a chance to get tired of it yet (or build a wardrobe!).

Since when did I say to make old stuff unavailable? I said don't add them in the bi-weekly rotations. And I'm pretty sure most of us are tired of it by all the threads and comments being made about old and ugly outfits being added in the rotation while the new outfits are put into rng. It's one thing to add old outfits every once and a while but when for the past months, all the outfits that were put into the rotation have all been old outfits then I have a right to be sick and tired of it.

1 minute ago, SalemK said:

the new outfits are put into rng. It's one thing to add old outfits every once and a while but when for the past months, all the outfits that were put into the rotation have all been old outfits then I have a right to be sick and tired of it.

Ahh... it's not that you are tired of the old outfits exactly, but that it's *JUST* the old outfits (and not the new).  I find that annoying as well, though, unfortunately, understandable.    Fat money-sucking capitalists will always find a way to maximize profit, separately, at each level of income -- i.e. first hit the whales w/RNG, then hit occasional spenders with a higher price outfit with accessories extra, and maybe finally put it out on discount in rotation... (I'm sure I missed listing some ideas, but don't want to give new ones ...

How about BnS gets bought out by its players through a self-funded startup that aims to get supported @ cost?   Would that be doable, I wonder..

Better put down my pipe before I get too involved in my pipe dream....

23 minutes ago, Astarae said:

My game must be defective... I can't find K-mart anywhere....!  :-| (str8face)

Some of the outfits you showed were definitely of interest, but here's a Q.  Does NCSoft own & operate the Korean version?  Might there be licensing issue?

We get most outfits that KR do

The only ones we don't are ones with licensing issues, yes, like for example their Korean sports team uniforms or the Hello Kitty outfits

Everything else though so far we have gotten with no problems whatsoever
If there was a problem, then the outfits colors were adjusted to make it safe for us (for example; our Baseball outfit and the Shipmate costumes)

WHICH MEANS!

Everything I posted are things that eventually we'll be getting.

The ONLY reason it's taking so long for us to see them is NCWest holding them until Trove/Boxes

The Lights Out outfit actually JUST came out in KR maybe two weeks ago or so

Ascension however has been out in KR for months and months

Both of these were given to us as brand new last week, introduced into Saberfang RNG boxes

I am a new player, and do not see why they do not list all the clothes for sale ? Seems like they would make more money that way. I know I have a list of the ones I want to get, but by the time they are listed I might be done with this game and moved on to something else. The loss in revenue will not be mine. All clothes, weapon skins,powerful weapons, mod abilities like the ability to float in place or fly faster would bring in more money. 

13 hours ago, KASER100 said:

I am a new player, and do not see why they do not list all the clothes for sale ? Seems like they would make more money that way. I know I have a list of the ones I want to get, but by the time they are listed I might be done with this game and moved on to something else. The loss in revenue will not be mine. All clothes, weapon skins,powerful weapons, mod abilities like the ability to float in place or fly faster would bring in more money. 

I've always wondered about this too

As far as I know, BnS is the only game to do this, where you can only buy an outfit for 2 weeks every single time and then it's taken back out again. Wouldnt it just make more sense to update their normal shop more often? Or are they too busy trying to capitalize off the stress they know they cause others making them have to buy an outfit right then and there or risk never seeing it again?

The whole way they've gone about releasing costumes has always left a bad impression on a lot of people, but we just dealt with it because at least we were getting new things often right-haha WRONG because that's not even holding up as true anymore either

Does anyone know if any of the other regions also do the rotation thing? I'm guessing KR does but not sure

Anyway so when should I expect my changes with better costumes coming out? When should I expect to see Red Glasses come back too since you guys love re-releasing things?? It's ok, I'll wait as I've been doing since beta.

The only thing that these ugly/old outfits have done in my favor is help me save money. Otherwise, I'd spend on newer and/or BETTER looking items. I spent too much on this SIlver Saberfang thing too, and just after I saved up enough of the tokens I needed to BUY the outfit, I got one from RNG, so I sold it. The only thing that profit went toward was buying the mats I needed to make a few 5M exp charms to move my bar about 1/5 its way across my screen... Such is the BS that is BNS.

On 1/22/2018 at 8:53 PM, KASER100 said:

I guess it's an attempt to keep people hooked?, so they keep coming back at least every two weeks. Idk

23 hours ago, Oneida Kestrel said:

Say no to old outfits, say yes to the outfits that we don't have yet in EU/NA.

BAPFjeT.gif

THANK you!! 100% Agreed!!!

And look, I already know they're going to slide us the new Valentines outfit (as seen here)

JzgpNxH.png

-but don't think you can get away with just doing that and being done with it, because that's still the bare minimum.
Matter of fact, let me show you how predictable you are NC-You're going to give us the new Valentines set because you don't have any other choice aside from pushing it off to next year which of course you won't. So you'll put that out, then sweet treat/whatever the male version is, the showgirl outfit, and the nurse outfits-all 3 of those being from previous years and then call it a day. Maybe if you're feeling generous you'll put out the wedding sets again.
Mhm, sounds about right.

I'll appreciate the new V-day set, but can we up the rotation a little more anyway??
I can understand re-releasing the older V-day sets for V-day, that's just fine, that's great actually
But when February ends, will you go back to giving us 27 more parkas or what?? 38 more versions of Soulmate??

You can re-release the crusty things no one wants like Witness or Hope, but nothing else??
I'll stop dragging you when you give me my glasses, the choice is yours

udmsZCM.png
#JusticeForRedGlasses

3 hours ago, Showta said:

BAPFjeT.gif

THANK you!! 100% Agreed!!!

And look, I already know they're going to slide us the new Valentines outfit (as seen here)

JzgpNxH.png

-but don't think you can get away with just doing that and being done with it, because that's still the bare minimum.
Matter of fact, let me show you how predictable you are NC-You're going to give us the new Valentines set because you don't have any other choice aside from pushing it off to next year which of course you won't. So you'll put that out, then sweet treat/whatever the male version is, the showgirl outfit, and the nurse outfits-all 3 of those being from previous years and then call it a day. Maybe if you're feeling generous you'll put out the wedding sets again.
Mhm, sounds about right.

I'll appreciate the new V-day set, but can we up the rotation a little more anyway??
I can understand re-releasing the older V-day sets for V-day, that's just fine, that's great actually
But when February ends, will you go back to giving us 27 more parkas or what?? 38 more versions of Soulmate??

You can re-release the crusty things no one wants like Witness or Hope, but nothing else??
I'll stop dragging you when you give me my glasses, the choice is yours

udmsZCM.png
#JusticeForRedGlasses

Even if they give us the new Valentines costume, they'll probably put it in another random box event type deal. :/

Speaking of glasses, I'd love to see the Cooling Off Shades return, they got awesome earrings :3

47 minutes ago, Oneida Kestrel said:

I wonder how they will make up for the retextured outfits after all outfits are recolorable.

I guess they won't put all the colors and patterns/effects into the tailorshop, so that the shop costumes still are somewhat unique and worth purchasing.

8 hours ago, Stacey Banks said:

Even if they give us the new Valentines costume, they'll probably put it in another random box event type deal. :/
Speaking of glasses, I'd love to see the Cooling Off Shades return, they got awesome earrings :3

I swear if they find a way to RNG Valentines or throw them behind "run daily challenge 20 times a week!!" events I will burn up their twitters like
8jZDXjl.gif

BETHANY?!? JOHNICA LIEN ROSE!!?!  I TRUSTED YOU!?
Cooling Off Shades were also a look though, thank you for reminding me. Why didn't those make a comeback during the summer, hmmT.
Justice for Cooling Off Shades too please!!

On 1/21/2018 at 4:19 AM, Showta said:

First and foremost, I absolutely agree with most others here.
Older outfits that have already been released once should not be in bi-weekly rotations over and over again. That is a waste of our time and we are not here for it.

Most times it's not even ones a lot of people liked. Like, who was really checking for Witness?? It already flopped for Katy Perry so lets not keep trying it sis.

Please stop trying to save every good outfit for trove, trove is only 4 times a year and no outfit collector is going to keep waiting until the seasons change to pick up something they actually like, you need to stop.

It's so hard to get outfit collector friends into this game because literally every time they've shown up there was some buttugly thing in rotation and they lol'd and left
???? Can you stop making me look foolish in this game?? You make it so hard for us to talk and lure friends into joining...

I'm willing to forgive and forget though because I know some of you know better than this. Miss Bethany will agree with me, I already know, so let me help you out.
Here is a list of things to put into Daily Deals:

• Panda - This was never released to begin with, you need to stop playing with our emotions it's been 2 damn years
  • Red Glasses - Again, it has been 2 years. You released Bamboo set and everything else you made for pvp contests so what's the problem sis. Where are my glasses, HELLO??
  • Moonlight Explorer - You brought back Midnight Detective like 12 times, so why not this, what do you have against it
  • Great General/Empress dress - Again, it's been too long
  • Adventurer - Why not
  • Shangri La - It's majestic, let it have it's moment again
  • Cabin Mate - Cobalt Captains prettier sister with a now dyeable hat. Let her come through one more time

Ok? So there are some more past outfits to rotate into Daily Deals ideas. Please do not give us 46 more versions of that tacky god awful coat-we have had enough.
Now, you may be wondering "Well then, what do you want in rotation??" Don't worry, I'm here to answer that too.
Here are some examples of what I think might make a lot of people happy but most importantly me because this is my post so what I like matters more than anything-the rest of you make your own damn posts if you disagree.

IUMVYXx.jpg

nkbPzQv.jpg

I can't remember how to insert images here so godspeed. Anyways, so please stop boring us all to death and robbing your own damn selves of free money. Give us our cute pixels already. And you still owe us a couple wigs of the past too-don't think we forgot. Stop holding wigs hostage. Thanks.

If each of those outfits showed up in the f10 store and not some random rng box or trove i would do all i could to get each one of them!!  I have 2 active characters and a couple of them i would purchase for both toons.  I have no idea why they always want to put the best costumes in rng boxes or trove.  Not everyone likes the gamble.  I would have purchased the new saberfang outfit for both toons if it was available in shop.  I am almost certain other people would do the same.  Sometimes I wonder if they may actually be losing money doing the rng boxes and stuff and just dont realize it.

Archived