Possible solution for realmrift

Thicc Stoccpot

In short, just nerf Poharan's hp down to 8 or 8.5 million; keep everything else as is - the damage, the cc bar, the mechs, the first three bosses - these are fine. Just nerf Poh's HP.

Since most parties get stuck at Poharan, I think it would be nice to nerf her hp a little bit. Just reduce the hp, and nothing more. Instead of 10 mil hp, I think reducing it down to 8 - 8.5 million would vastly increase the success rate of the dungeon. 

As for the damage and the mechs (vent timing), the CC bars... They can stay the same - challenge is part of the fun after all. It's a bit tough for sure, but it's a breath of fresh air after all the face roll we got.

So why just Poh's HP? Well, Poh's HP in this dungeon is simply a dps check since there's no self-damaging mechanic. And since the dungeon is gear-equalized, as far as dps goes, it all boils down to how fast you can hit - or how low your ping is. For high ping players (such as I with 300ms+), they don't have gears to compensate for their slow attack speed here, thus making them really weak and can't meet the enrage timer on Poharan. So just nerf Poh's hp, and keep everything else.

Why 8 or 8.5 million specifically? Well for most parties that I do the dungeon with (I just F8 LFP here), which are most of the time not meta (meta is to have all warlock, sin or kfm, des or bd), we usually got Poh down to about 2 million hp or a bit less before getting wiped. So if you nerf her down to 7 million or less it would be too easy. 8 to 8.5 million I think should suffice. It would be much more clearable and fair (especially to high ping players) while still retaining the difficulty and the adrenaline dps rush at the end.

Other three bosses are OK, no need to change anything.

What do you guys think?

8.5m will make this dg too easy. Got wipe 4 times yesterday and all have less than 500k hp to go :/

On last try we have fm, sin, sum, wl, bm, gunner and clear the dg with 1min left. Everyone still does 16% damage, really don't know what happened. 

I like the idea of nerfing her HP down a bit. The number of times our party were just 1 million or so off beating her when the timer runs out is ridiculous. We were literally there for hours lol.

However I think the main issue stems from the vent mechanics. They're either buggy or there's just too short a window that the lever can be pulled with no real indication of when you need to pull it. Everything else is fine in my eyes; other bosses as well as rewards are all okay however it doesn't justify the amount of time you need to put into beating Poharan currently. Especially for an event dungeon.

the issue is rotations, this game has done so much nerfing of content can ease of leveling that people don't know how to do their rotations. Brain dead DPS as it's called is an art form and anyone that thinks otherwise clearly is doing it wrong.

even mechanics can't make up for this, if it could we would all be doing VT not just the "brain dead whales". This event is a symptom of a grater issue that only gets worse

Yeah, I know that rotation knowledge factors in a huge deal, but you must not ignore ping.

For classes that lie entirely at the mercy of ping like BM, SF... try as they might, they would still do low dps if their ping is high, and they can't do anything about it.

This dungeon is part of an event - a birthday celebration at that, so even though knowing that it's meant to be challenging, I don't think it would hurt anyone if the dungeon gets to be a tad more forgiving. Don't you think so? 

I think 8 - 8.5 million Poharan is the sweet spot between challenging and clearable and fun for pretty much everyone.

I dont know about SF but Bm certainly need less than 200ms otherwise you can't use dragontongue sufficiently to form a rotation. Then again something is wrong if you are playing a class that doesn't forgive ping with high ping, Try as you might, you are gonna need to be carried thru everything till you either invest in a ping booster or reroll.

Not trying to be offensive just stating a fact.

4 minutes ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

Yeah, I know that rotation knowledge factors in a huge deal, but you must not ignore ping.

For classes that lie entirely at the mercy of ping like BM, SF... try as they might, they would still do low dps if their ping is high, and they can't do anything about it.

This dungeon is part of an event - a birthday celebration at that, so even though knowing that it's meant to be challenging, I don't think it would hurt anyone if the dungeon gets to be a tad more forgiving. Don't you think so? 

I think 8 - 8.5 million Poharan is the sweet spot between challenging and clearable and fun for pretty much everyone.

8 mil HP would give those that do less DPS a real shot at clearing this within enrage timer. We wiped twice at 300k, and finally cleared her with 3 seconds left ourselves. The three attempts previous to this we wiped around 20% left, the first two to the enrage timer, and ppl in party dead, which lead to discussions about how to squeeze the most DPS out of what we had, which was grabs, believe it or not. The parse after clearing her showed everyone that the most damage done was with our skill to hit her when grabbed (over 1 million dmg each) which isn't even close to what my normal rotation looks like which is heavily dominated by dragontongue, which my build supports. With badges being negated (i couldn't reset my x after blade call on c for an additional 8 seconds of conflag) It's not about "learning your rotation" anymore as others have suggested across these boards, it's about "learning a new rotation" to squeeze as much as you can doing horribly low damage.

yah the problem for me as a earth destroyer is my ping and i know other players do play with high ping , 

that is why i always gear up a bit before i try new dungeons cuz i know my dps will suffer because of my high ping and i really hate to be a burden on other players

higher ping players have less hits when we need to dps and less time to react to what is going on

so i'm with you on maybe reducing her HP a bit to give more players the chance to clear the dungeon 

since we can't use gear to boost are stats to balance out the loss of dps cuz of the higher ping

Archived