while forums are active, let's talk abt clans

chocofernia

i run a 'competitive clan' (we're not competitive, it was automatically switched over which is annoying, but i can at least monitor who joins and leaves my clan) 

anyways 

• clan uniform options are limited, and the mats needed for something that LOOKS decent is on f10 or a VERY rare drop from dungeons (mirage crystal, design mats, fabric-- which you can only get from salvaging or buying off mp, dye polish, etc.) 
  • the amount of faction insignia is limited to get, i believe the max amount is 15? (i dont bother doing ssp lmao, it's one sided aka a waste of time) 

that's 15 a day per person, and since youre not gonna have too many actives, let's say you get abt 5~50 a day, you can get 800 insig a month and rank the clan up steadily with only 3~4 active players doing faction quests everyday

side-note* misty woods is usually empty so killing the 10(?) opp. faction quest is rare to complete in the area lol so really the max is like 14 

• a lack of last login date! look, im not on bns 24/7. if i have free time and im bored enough, ill sit online for 6+ hrs and am able to see who's on and who isnt usually, we even have a discord(not everyone is in it tho and i wont pressure anyone to make a discord just so i can monitor them lmao)

i get it, increasing drop rate of clan-only stuff would be inconvenient for solo players, and probably social clans so a few solutions: 

• clan only dungeons(not to mistake w clan only runs) basically, if youre in a clan you can run this dungeon and get items necessary for clan advancement/uniform/crafting-- it can have a once-a-day only lockout to prevent farming but no rng boxes thanks lol (maybe toss in some moonstones to make joining a competitive clan look desirable lol)
  • the insig thing isnt too much of a big deal considering clan members are supposed to work together, but upping the amount given depending on the clan rank would prob help (like the lower rank the clan is, the more insig given)
  • just add in a last login date, it wouldnt make a HUGE difference if we have that and kr doesnt? 

idk i feel like w each update, clans are often forgotten and considered 'unnecessary' outside of having a constant group to run stuff w. feel free to give constructive criticism(not on my format, im just scatter brained), or added qualms/solutions(for either social or competitive clans)

tldr; clan stuff is limited and last login date is necessary-- solution is to add clan only dungeon and adding in last login date

I dont think clan drops would be an issue, if they were tradeable or sealed. Some are i do believe, actually.

As for mirage crystals, running floor 13-15 will get you a lot of those, so no need to worry. Your life will be in there for moonstones.

While we're on the subject of faction insignias, I think we should be real. It needs to be fixed.
Just the other day i was denied joining crimson. Crimson has "high membership" in zulia. This is because new players were forced to join crimson, and most joined social.

So my solution is

A: seperate social and competitive clans. Do not allow social clans to be aggressive, make it a faction neutral thing.

B: allow faction insignia accesibility from clan 6v6s. Nobody gets rewarded for this shit except the top brass and their alt guilds anyways. At least give clans that arent aransu 6 a reason to do it.

2 hours ago, Laura099 said:

I dont think clan drops would be an issue, if they were tradeable or sealed. Some are i do believe, actually.

actually i like that idea moreso than adding in an extra dungeon, increased drop and allowing it to be sold on mp but i think a clan mp could also be useful-- clans selling items they craft/dungeon drops (like a clan vault?) to other clans and that being a way to get items into clan pot(whether it cost gold, naryus, soulstones, insig, or moonstone)

As for mirage crystals, running floor 13-15 will get you a lot of those, so no need to worry. Your life will be in there for moonstones.

time to farm these floors until it drops aaaa, thanks for that info ♥ (i always stop at naksun bc he's headache enough for me lmao) 

Just the other day i was denied joining crimson. Crimson has "high membership" in zulia. This is because new players were forced to join crimson, and most joined social.

i think if they counted people who were alts as nonexistent in factions, it would even it out better (bc it's not like having 3 alts all in the same faction can DO anything bc i cant be on them all at the same time) 

True, selling using clan means would be interesting. There is a certain way to do it with a single player, however it requires them joining the clan.
naksun can be a headache at first, but once you get the hang of him hes very very rewarding. He's the only place in this game where you're guaranteed moonstone crystals that's NOT pvp.
As for alts, indeed that would help, but that's likely not the only issue. They need to stop massive reforms. For example, jsut ebfore the zulia/yura merge, 3 major crimson clans all moved to ceru.
This ruined the balance, yet still ceru is in the lower?

18 hours ago, chocofernia said:
  • clan uniform options are limited, and the mats needed for something that LOOKS decent is on f10 or a VERY rare drop from dungeons (mirage crystal, design mats, fabric-- which you can only get from salvaging or buying off mp, dye polish, etc.) 

I don't have a problem with cosmetics locked behind some money, at least they are only cosmetics.

• the amount of faction insignia is limited to get, i believe the max amount is 15? (i dont bother doing ssp lmao, it's one sided aka a waste of time) 

Clans in this game aren't made for 3-4 people, as the amount of people you can invite shows. Also you need a certain number of characters to lvl the clan, which is an indicator that it was never meant to be for a little group of people. If you still want to level up and want to skip the boring farm part, buy the necessary items from other people by inviting them to your clan and let them drop into the clan crafting depot. Just call out for them in the faction chat like everyone else is abusing it for selling and buying things.

• a lack of last login date! look, im not on bns 24/7. if i have free time and im bored enough, ill sit online for 6+ hrs and am able to see who's on and who isnt usually, we even have a discord(not everyone is in it tho and i wont pressure anyone to make a discord just so i can monitor them lmao)

This is a desirable clan function to have the opportunity to kick members who didn't play for a long time.

clan only dungeons(not to mistake w clan only runs) basically, if youre in a clan you can run this dungeon and get items necessary for clan advancement/uniform/crafting-- it can have a once-a-day only lockout to prevent farming but no rng boxes thanks lol (maybe toss in some moonstones to make joining a competitive clan look desirable lol)

While this is a good idea, I doubt that the developers will implement it due "too much work for them", which is a sad thing. An alternative would be a clan weekly challenge, where you need to finish different things, like in the daily challenge, but just with your clan. The rewards of the clan challenge can be the clan crafting related things and be put directly into the clan crafting depot to avoid any  abuse. Althought I don't like the idea to force people into the whale battleground, participating (and i really talk about participating!!!) in a clan bg could be one of those clan challenges.

3 hours ago, Nemises said:

I don't have a problem with cosmetics locked behind some money, at least they are only cosmetics.

i wouldnt necessarily have a problem with it if it didnt require 30+ each of the item while they cost roughly 200 ncoin(so that'd be like 6k+ ncoin, not exact but an estimate-- if they were like 40 ncoin, i wouldnt list it at all as a problem). i personally feel as though any clan items shouldnt be behind a cash shop, bc i feel like it defeats the purpose of clan members working together to farm for the necessary items, but that's just me. but i agree, at least it's only cosmetics and not like..faction insignia or something lol 

Clans in this game aren't made for 3-4 people, as the amount of people you can invite shows. Also you need a certain number of characters to lvl the clan, which is an indicator that it was never meant to be for a little group of people.

D: yeah i know this but it's really hard to get actual players who arent alts or people who plan to play for long term(a lot of new players either quit bc no one talks to them, or quit once they finish storyline) which is why i listed 3-4 active people (there's not much a problem for recruiting members, it's moreso hard to recruit active people arent just benchwarmers) 

An alternative would be a clan weekly challenge, where you need to finish different things, like in the daily challenge, but just with your clan. The rewards of the clan challenge can be the clan crafting related things and be put directly into the clan crafting depot to avoid any  abuse. Althought I don't like the idea to force people into the whale battleground, participating (and i really talk about participating!!!) in a clan bg could be one of those clan challenges.

i really like this idea too, as long as they dont try to turn it into a "win to complete" challenge but rather a "participate to complete"(however i feel like itll quickly turn into dead content if it's not something that adjusts to the party to keep it challenging-- and i dont mean like the event dungeon LOL*). also if it includes clan crafting related things, it can include items that arent as easy to get/farm for since the current clan 6v6 has a complete pvp-bonus focus (as in the zen beans and the? peaches??? idk what fruit it is for the other 6v6) 

* by this i mean, as if youre doing the story where youre not typically 1-shotting stuff but youre still taking time to do it and not rushing in bc you dunno what to expect-- or maybe like naryu lab(or am i thinking of nexus lol) where sometimes the path you take changes 

Archived