It's us, not the event or event dungeon.

Wataru

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Jonathan and Bethany have tried playing through this Realmrift dungeon normally instead of with their "GM mode" turned on.

I don't think this dungeon is really worth the extra 20-40 minutes every day, for each character. I find it bothersome that those Corsair's Combs aren't account bound.

I have been playing B&S  almost the whole 2 years now.  this  event is not fun.  it's not reasonable to expect  that you will get 6 players  who all know the mechanics.  this event dungeon has no  room for error.  i have tried to run this event 8 times and have wiped 8 times.  

this many  complaints , seems like you should be listening and not blaming your player base, they are the ones who are paying for everything

13 minutes ago, hunterrose said:

seems like you should be listening and not blaming your player base

What many want is saddening. I expect some content and old content to be easy stuff, but we have a real treasure here. I wouldn't mind better reward or cheaper merch prices, but to nerf it would be a tragedy.

5 hours ago, Wataru said:

What many want is saddening. I expect some content and old content to be easy stuff, but we have a real treasure here. I wouldn't mind better reward or cheaper merch prices, but to nerf it would be a tragedy.

I don't think a REASONABLE nerf is unnecessary. With poh i have to let myself get smacked by the tigers to avoid enrage. At the least maybe 1mil shaved off? I don't think that's too much, and would solve issues of many people that aren't mech related (mechs are hp based, so it will literally have 0 effect)

The reason why people hit enrage are mechanic related.
And the reason why people are angry is bc the are blocked from "easy" rewards, bc of previous events.

4 hours ago, Laura099 said:

I don't think a REASONABLE nerf is unnecessary. With poh i have to let myself get smacked by the tigers to avoid enrage. At the least maybe 1mil shaved off? I don't think that's too much, and would solve issues of many people that aren't mech related (mechs are hp based, so it will literally have 0 effect)

On 1/19/2018 at 11:29 AM, Wataru said:

Pretty sure Jonathan and Bethany can do it just fine. 

I'm not that amazing of a player and haven't done clan runs. You can't just AFK at entrance and let people hand you the rewards.

I'm pretty sure both Jonathan and Bethany wouldn't be able to play their way out of a wet brown paper bag.  It's obvious from their streams that they have no concept of how the game is played.  Ridiculous comments like removing a 10 second res buff because it wasn't needed shows they don't play the game.  Every stream Bethany has to ask what basic key strokes are because she has no idea.

I have done the dungeon 3 times now, first 2 were flawless runs because we had the perfect party 3rd run we took 3 tries to kill Poharan because we didn't have quite the dps needed UNTIL we buffed up on foods and scrolls etc.  We are also all players who have played the game since CB1 so this dungeon isnt new to us at all.  However they also show their lack of game knowledge by saying they have reverted us to what it was like when first released by reducing our HP two thirds and increasing the mobs by two thirds.

On 1/19/2018 at 8:29 AM, Wataru said:

I'm not that amazing of a player and haven't done clan runs. You can't just AFK at entrance and let people hand you the rewards.

No they can't. You are asking them 2-man this dungeon, lol.

Am 19.1.2018 um 02:29 schrieb Wataru:

I'll guess, with normal gear they would fail hard even in EC ^^

Anyway, i aggree with threadopener, the dungeon is a funny challange and i like it, BUT !!!!!!

For an eventdungeon and for the loot you can get its totaly worthless and a waste of time.

I've posted before that i believe that event dungeons should have to include doing the mechanics and not just burning through with pure dps so it's nice to see this one has actual mechanics however an event dungeon shouldn't be difficult to the point that it's only worth doing with clan/static groups instead of being able to join a pug group and risk an excessive amount of time/wipes to complete it.

I've played since launch so as happy as i am to see Poh have some time in the spotlight again the dungeon should have been recreated to be the same as it was back then with HP and gear that was accurate to that time and not nerfed on the player side and buffed on the boss side to such extremes.

Yes it's nice to have mechanics but it's boring to have to spend too long chopping away at a massive boss hp bar.

Oh and the rewards for the amount of effort you need to put in to this event dungeon are definitely not up to par.

im a day 1 player, and know my class very well, and im not a whale, i sit at a hard worked for Raven 3 and 1,1k ap, i know the days when 400ap was good for BSC, and this version of the dungeon is by all means overly hard and unfair.. scaling us to to lower stats ok, but to 9.5k HP and 350-ish AP, with all acc and weapon effects disabled, and on classes that dont have iframes for days, its simply frustrating. its not even scaling us back to 45, that are the stats of a level 35-ish character, and we needed 400AP and more HP back in the day already. my WL isnt weak by any means, i know my way around, but even i get killed easily here and having 2 dragonblood isnt helping much when Poh can take a full healthbar in one attack combo, and latest when the tigers come in, u are done and over with if u get their aggro, and u will when one after the other dies.

that being said, dont get me wrong, im all up for difficult event stuff, the idea itself is realy great and could have been alot more attractive, if the execution hadnt been flawed, if the rewards had been any good without have to run it 3 times a day just to get anythig decent at the end. with a bit more reasonable scaling, and lower prices for rewards this has potential, and i hope we will see more of it in a more refined way in the future

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Cherish:

I'm pretty sure both Jonathan and Bethany wouldn't be able to play their way out of a wet brown paper bag.  It's obvious from their streams that they have no concept of how the game is played.  Ridiculous comments like removing a 10 second res buff because it wasn't needed shows they don't play the game.  Every stream Bethany has to ask what basic key strokes are because she has no idea.

I have done the dungeon 3 times now, first 2 were flawless runs because we had the perfect party 3rd run we took 3 tries to kill Poharan because we didn't have quite the dps needed UNTIL we buffed up on foods and scrolls etc.  We are also all players who have played the game since CB1 so this dungeon isnt new to us at all.  However they also show their lack of game knowledge by saying they have reverted us to what it was like when first released by reducing our HP two thirds and increasing the mobs by two thirds.

not sure where u have played, but back in the days a 400AP party was decet, with more HP, and without the mobs being buffed, now we are FAR below and they are even stronger then back then... i said it before already, imo the idea was good, and have potential to be fun, but the execution isnt reasonable for the rewards given.

and where u learned ur maths? in my books 9500 HP is far off from 2/3rds of my usual 120000 HP, and thats not the issue even, the issue is that we have all item and weapon effects deactivated, same for SS btw, which also would be fine, IF we had actual level 45 stats and not far below that

45 minutes ago, NaomySugarpaws said:

not sure where u have played, but back in the days a 400AP party was decet, with more HP, and without the mobs being buffed, now we are FAR below and they are even stronger then back then... i said it before already, imo the idea was good, and have potential to be fun, but the execution isnt reasonable for the rewards given.

and where u learned ur maths? in my books 9500 HP is far off from 2/3rds of my usual 120000 HP, and thats not the issue even, the issue is that we have all item and weapon effects deactivated, same for SS btw, which also would be fine, IF we had actual level 45 stats and not far below that

I have played on NA since the very first closed beta :D  I am going to assume that English is not your native language, am I right? 

If you scroll up you will see a picture that was posted of a lvl 45 char back in 2016 when the dungeon was released, we had approximately 35k HP.  So my maths stating that we are roughly 1/3rd the stats we were back then is reasonably accurate :D  35k hp - 3 is approximately 10.1k hp.  Poharan has around 10m hp now where back then if I remember rightly she had less than 2m. 10m - 2m is actually around 1/5th so I was erring on the generous side there :P

The dungeon is more than doable with a perfect party who knows the mechanics - however - is it worth doing?  Not in my opinion it isnt, if you have my luck and keep getting the crappy MoW.  For all the souls shields we saw drop on the 3 runs only 3 of them were not sacred longui.

Gerade eben schrieb Cherish:

I have played on NA since the very first closed beta :D  I am going to assume that English is not your native language, am I right? 

If you scroll up you will see a picture that was posted of a lvl 45 char back in 2016 when the dungeon was released, we had approximately 35k HP.  So my maths stating that we are roughly 1/3rd the stats we were back then is reasonably accurate :D  35k hp - 3 is approximately 10.1k hp.  Poharan has around 10m hp now where back then if I remember rightly she had less than 2m. 10m - 2m is actually around 1/5th so I was erring on the generous side there :P

The dungeon is more than doable with a perfect party who knows the mechanics - however - is it worth doing?  Not in my opinion it isnt, if you have my luck and keep getting the crappy MoW.  For all the souls shields we saw drop on the 3 runs only 3 of them were not sacred longui.

yes u are right, and sorry if i have missread ur comment, ofc 10k hp is near 1/3rd of 35k-osh HP, my bad, i thought u talked about the current HP we have, and thats usualy not under 100k, even if u go full offensive (when completed the story as we have it right now)

and sure, with a perfect party everything is doable, however thats not how 99% of ppl are going to experience it, so its definitly not worth it, that i agree with for sure.

my point remains tho that the idea itself had potential if had been executed a bit more reasonable, and with lower overall needed tokens for the rewards given.

its nice that some ppl will get their Obsidian from this, but noone i know has the timeand will to put up with this extreme grind, when it means to run this dung 300 times to get 60 tokens, and thats only if u happen to be lucky and end in some good pugs here and there

Yes its just me...Not event or dungeon.Its just me I am spended time-money and already disappointed about how could I did it...

Why ppl playing games? Ppl wanna get some time break from real life issues and find some for fun( at least I am).So is this fun? Really? Is it fun?Dun try to say so just quit bla bla.I didnt ask about that.I am just asking about is it really fun?

2 hours ago, thieve said:

Yes its just me...Not event or dungeon.Its just me I am spended time-money and already disappointed about how could I did it...

Why ppl playing games? Ppl wanna get some time break from real life issues and find some for fun( at least I am).So is this fun? Really? Is it fun?Dun try to say so just quit bla bla.I didnt ask about that.I am just asking about is it really fun?

For me it's fun because I don't have to facetank and braindead dps. The boss fight actually takes more than 4min which makes it more engaging. Noone is forcing you to run it and the event items you get from it can be acquired by doin the normal one. If you think you can get the most desired type of gem in the game that easily, well sadly to say you cannot. There are two events, you can either do the hard one or the easy one or both em or none of em.

On 1/18/2018 at 6:52 AM, Katjes said:

But that does not change the fact that this event will have many players left whit one question : is there a reason for me to continue playing? 

And considering how things look like, the answer tends to lean towards no.

Yeah I'm sure braindead garbage crap like Tower of Memory and Vipercap were so FUN and ENGAGING, damn those were for sure a reason to continue playing this game! Carrying AFK trash at entrance too, so exciting. /sarcasm

This dungeon with dragonblood is a joke except poharan who needs a bit of brain. I have never wiped in it and I do it daily, even with 3 randoms from f8 (sometimes only 2-3 others from my guild are up for it when I ask)

What I noticed though is that randoms' dps is insanely low compared to skilled people, and there is no gear excuse anymore. People always cried of whales and their gear, yet now with equalized dungeon they cry more than ever. Are you sure it's not YOU who needs to be gear carried to faceroll? Learn to dps properly already.

Sometimes I wonder, if you're so bad you can't even do this simple dungeon, why the hell do you guys play this game? Farming faceroll-mode bosses when overgearing them in normal mode dungeons, with no mechanics and outhealing every hit, that is fun? Might as well let a macro or bot play for you. WTF. Oh but you want a "fast event" to gear up, but why the hell you wanna gear up then? If you're so bad you can't do this dungeon why do you gear up and play this game? I don't get it.

I will agree the rewards are horrible though. Rewards should increase, definitely not nerf the difficulty. It's already pretty easy.

3 hours ago, thieve said:

So if you can't even do this dungeon, why do you play this game? What is fun for you? Killing a boss that can't kill you back even if you afk?

The dungeon is fun, to the point where after doing all dungeons from EC onwards, that was the only that represents some challenge. 

It needs no nerf. As for the rewards, cosmetics are really easy to farm for, but i think we should be able to make at least hexagonal from doing it once a day (we need to run the dungeon @40 more times for that alone) . The exp charms are a joke tbh, as we get only combs for 2 charms. 

Archived