2nd anniversary disappointments

Kovalis

So, that's a disaster. In my opinion at least.

The dungeon ? Absurd. If it's supposed to make us remember the good old days, why do we have half as much hp as we did back then ? Not to mention how much harder some of the enemies hit or the buggy levers or the pathetic rewards. One single random soulshield piece per boss, most of which are SSP ? One single comb for the whole dungeon in dynamic quests ? And the combs aren't even bound to account ? Isn't the point of an event dungeon to be fun and rewarding ?

The tailor shop ? Cool idea, but with a grand total of nine customizable outfits, let's just say it's... really, really lacking. When it was announced, I was somehow hoping I could finally customize the Temptation outfit and turn these ridiculous white-and-blue panties into something more in line with the rest of the outfit. I guess I'll have to wait quite some time before that happens.

The new daily dash ? Whose idea was it to reduce the rewards compared to the previous one ? 1 Special Hongmoon XP charm instead of 15 Excellent ones, 3 Glory Tokens instead of 10, 10 Raven Feathers instead of 20, 10 Draken Cores instead of 15 tokens... Seriously, what the hell ? I don't know who could possibly think "Hey, you know what people would like for our birthday ? LESS rewards ! Yeah !" or who could possibly implement that without blinking, but I sure as hell don't want any of my money to go to them !

The merchant of wonders is back ! And from what I've seen so far, his selection is one of the worst it's ever been. One more potential way to make things exciting, one more frustration instead.

New Login rewards were supposed to begin today ! But wait, it's bugged, doesn't work. Sure, we'll be updated "as soon as we have more information". But 2 hours later, still no news, and for us in Europe, staying online for 3 hours is going to be difficult today at this rate...

The new Premium system ? Cool, isn't it ? Except one the most useful perks we had is gone. It's 20 seconds of meditation again to get out of near-death. In dungeons, especially against Poharan, that makes quite a difference. Not to mention early announcements you failed to deliver on.

As for the 2nd Birthday gift... Yes, the weapon looks nice. Yes, the outfit looks really good. One week of premium will probably lure a few people into buying more if it, it doesn't make much of a difference for me, and the consumables are meh. Oh, and you know what would have been a good idea ? Making the Shadowrunner outfit one that could be customized in the Tailor Shop. Wasted opportunity.

Anyway. I gave NCSoft plenty of money during the Trove. I thought I'd give some more and get myself the beautiful Saberfang outfit and a few others. Now I think I'll wait a bit before I do that, see what is done to fix all the damage first. I won't need to resub for a while, so if NCSoft want me to buy some NCoins again, let's just say some issues should be adressed, preferably sooner than later.

I came here to post something and see that  you posted pretty much exactly what I was thinking.  I have been playing since the first closed beta.  I have played ever since.  I have to say I am very disappointed in the new premium, it doesn't seem worth the cost anymore.  The event dungeon is too overly frustrating. The much hyped tailor shop,  is 9 items. Most people that I know, don't even have those items.  I know it will be expanded in the future.  But for now, ugh.

I do like the weapon skin and the outfit. For those, I say Thank you.  But as far as an anniversary event, it feels more like a punishment or a chore.

42 minutes ago, Koiv said:

Impossible to kill Poharan with that ap cap. I tried for hours and she keeps enraging even if we don't die. It's pretty ridiculous.

And NCW said it has been Nerf in our version to make it easier.......what a joke

2 hours ago, Kovalis said:

New Login rewards were supposed to begin today ! But wait, it's bugged, doesn't work. Sure, we'll be updated "as soon as we have more information". But 2 hours later, still no news, and for us in Europe, staying online for 3 hours is going to be difficult today at this rate...

Lol. Don't expect it to be fixed until next maintenance day.

I agree with everything you said 100% but would also like to add that the coin portion of the event also really sucks (imo).  It doesn't really feel like you are getting much more for completing the DC.  I actually always do my DC on 4 characters but just seeing this "event" sorta discouraged me.  The music boxes themselves don't really offer anything that I can use (maybe just the 4 basic materials).  Sure you get the event coins but then you go and look at the event tab and it's the same story.  You can use the coins for outfits and after that it's just solar energies, void fragments, and ascendance stones.  Normally you could farm coins for oils or pet pods. And then you know, trying to stay positive I tell myself "maybe I can use the solar energy to get something good out of this event."  And for me is still all rather disappointing.  The gems are there like they have always been, but I think the only good thing I'd get would be a badge for an alt with the solar energy but I don't really need that either.

34 minutes ago, Milennin said:

Lol. Don't expect it to be fixed until next maintenance day.

They put a bundle in F10 instead that doesn't require you to be online for 3 hours. It actually works better because instead of 24 separate charms to take out of your box, now it's 1x20 and 1x4 charms. If only they'd have been smart enough to do that for the actual rewards instead of just for this temporary workaround....

it's only a matter of time before the defenders come in and try to explain why their abusive significant other, is just misunderstood. fanboys and ncsoft. funny how things i say come to pass as if i'm a prophet. ncsoft needs to get their act together but they won't as long as they keep you buying their rng boxes.

Well, Im dissapointed from the community. Complaining about everything and anything.

1. People complain, that Dungeons are to easy

- now Pohoran is too hard because u cant just dps

- well, its not that rewarding yet, at least I got 50x Moonstones from MoW, so im fine

2. New Premium

- okay, it has some issues about the 20s stuff

- but we didnt get the P2W bonuses from Russia, thanks NCsoft !

3. Event not rewarding

- well, it isnt rewarding for people who want oils oils oils

- for pvp u can farm materials now

- and for me its more relaxing this way. I dont need to relog with gazillion chars to do daily event dungeon all the time (for oils)

4. daily dash

- not 15x Charms anymore, but hey, did u see that its 3x 1kkk chars now?

- 10 pouches are fine, but I like Zulia feathers more, I will miss them.

- also there is less shit in it now, like buff food, 3 rows of every draken token, forge orbs

5. also

- u can salvage yeoharan gloves

- daily login issue (but u can buy the package in F10 for 0 ncoin exp charms), so its fine

just my 5 cents

This event is the worst one they have come up with IMO.   I am not just disappointed, I am completely Jaded now.   I look forward to when they get dethroned  by some of the other games that launch this year.   I am mad as you can get and still face something

1 hour ago, KlausFlouride said:

Pro tip: when you don't test your patches this is when shit goes sideways. These clearly haven't learned because they keep doing it. So that would mean that either a) they are massively incompetent or b) they don't care.

Unfortunately, WE are always the testers. They don't test, and they don't play the game. 

The only thing I can thank them for in this event is the Shadowrunner outfit and weapon skin. Really great design. The rest is a big anniversary cake smashed into our faces. 

3 hours ago, Paiku said:

Well, Im dissapointed from the community. Complaining about everything and anything.

1. People complain, that Dungeons are to easy

- now Pohoran is too hard because u cant just dps

- well, its not that rewarding yet, at least I got 50x Moonstones from MoW, so im fine

2. New Premium

- okay, it has some issues about the 20s stuff

- but we didnt get the P2W bonuses from Russia, thanks NCsoft !

3. Event not rewarding

- well, it isnt rewarding for people who want oils oils oils

- for pvp u can farm materials now

- and for me its more relaxing this way. I dont need to relog with gazillion chars to do daily event dungeon all the time (for oils)

4. daily dash

- not 15x Charms anymore, but hey, did u see that its 3x 1kkk chars now?

- 10 pouches are fine, but I like Zulia feathers more, I will miss them.

- also there is less shit in it now, like buff food, 3 rows of every draken token, forge orbs

5. also

- u can salvage yeoharan gloves

- daily login issue (but u can buy the package in F10 for 0 ncoin exp charms), so its fine

just my 5 cents

Your "5 cents" isn't worth two. Everything you posted was just selfish. You care nothing for your peers as long as things look fine to you. What if everyone was forced to apples the rest of their lives? Is it fine with you because YOU like apples? 

I have mild opinions about the new additions, but tbh...I think I really am disappointed the current tailor-able outfits are pretty scant. I thought I was doing something wrong until I realized that nothing I owned could be tailored. Big sad face. Call me shallow, but that really was the biggest thing I was looking forward to with this patch.

Il y a 9 heures, Paiku a dit :

[...]

People complain because they have a reason to complain, not for fun. And you being happy about all of this is... Well, no offense, but you sound like the partner of an abusive spouse who still tries and find good in your significant other instead of realizing how bad things are.

You're satisfied with the new Daily Dash ? I'm not. You're happy to see 1mil xp charms on it ? Where these charms are, the previous Dash had 1.5mil xp in the form of 15 excellent charms. So what you're happy with is a loss.

Draken tokens went from 15 to 10 per row. Glory Tokens went from 10 to 3. Demon Spirit Stones went from 10 to 5. Rare Elements, Raven Feathers, hell, even Spicy Dumplings (the "trash" that you were happy it got removed ? It didn't). Everything had their numbers reduced by at least 30% and up to 70%. Yes, I'm angry about that. You should be too.

You're happy about the lackluster event rewards because that means you can... take it easy, I guess ? You're basically thanking NCSoft for removing options from you.

As for Poharan, it was announced as a fun callback to the difficult dungeon we enjoyed 2 years ago. Instead, we got some horrid version of it that was bad enough that NCWest changed it before releasing it to us. We never had to go through that 2 years ago. What we expected was the hard, but enjoyable version of it. What we got ? Isn't.

So yes, complaining is the rational reaction.

As for the Premium rewards... You're happy that the Premium membership didn't get changed into the abomination it is in Russia. I'm complaining, because we lost some things we had, and things that were announced weren't delivered. I'm angry about NCSoft taking things from us, and reneging on their promises. You should be too. If someone takes the things you pay for and doesn't give you what they promised they'd give you in exchange for your money, you're not supposed to thank them for not "altering the deal even further".

Anyway. There's a podcast later today. That's an occasion for mistakes to be acknowledged and fixes to be announced. We'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I went ahead and cancelled the auto-renewal of my subscription. I am not going to spend any more money on this game until steps are taken in the right direction.

7 hours ago, sonatine said:

I have mild opinions about the new additions, but tbh...I think I really am disappointed the current tailor-able outfits are pretty scant. I thought I was doing something wrong until I realized that nothing I owned could be tailored. Big sad face. Call me shallow, but that really was the biggest thing I was looking forward to with this patch.

You can purchase some of the costumes usable in Tailorshop from clothing merchants, Risky Business for example.

You can, but there's only 9 customizable outfits so far, and that's a tiny fraction of the number of outfits available in game (or even available for NCoins). That's the kind of number one would expect while the feature is in its test phase, not for release. The fact that the birthday outfit is not one of them only makes it more sad.

Anyway, the time of the streaming came and went, and it's been delayed by 24 hours because of... technical issues ? I'm not even going to say what I think of a company that's incapable of making sure they're capable of streaming an event before the time for that event comes, especially when they already had issues the previous time. At least it gives them 24 more hours to figure out what they're going to say, and given the circumstances, they certainly need the time.

The events are hardly friendly for lower level players too. I understand them wanting Realm Rift Supply Chain to be hard and the Daily Challenges to be well.. challenges.. but for an event maybe they could make the event activities a little more inclusive and fun? Old events used to be for level 16+ which is good. Plus they actually felt like events. These are just kind of like added bonuses for high level players but everyone else just doesn't get much out of it.

4 hours ago, TomoviBritannia said:

The events are hardly friendly for lower level players too. I understand them wanting Realm Rift Supply Chain to be hard and the Daily Challenges to be well.. challenges.. but for an event maybe they could make the event activities a little more inclusive and fun? Old events used to be for level 16+ which is good. Plus they actually felt like events. These are just kind of like added bonuses for high level players but everyone else just doesn't get much out of it.

We just had an event that included low level characters. The Gunner launch event was for low levels too. Just level to 55 already, you have enough time.

Archived