Suggestion: Introduce a way to farm gems.

Twan7718

I was talking about this with some of my clan members, and there really is no way to "actively' farm for gems. Sure we have the DC which gives solar energy which we can then turn around and use for gems, and then salvage those gems to make gem powders, which in turn, we can use to make gem fragments, and transmute our gems up to the next level, which is all fine and dandy. The gem powder and gem fragment can even be traded, even better. This system is for players that have reached level 55 only.

What if though, we changed the triangle and square gems still kicking around in game so that you could salvage them for something like gem grains, which say at 20 grains, would assemble into a powder? I see the chests drop in the lower end purples quite frequently, and I think I found an open world boss that dropped triangle gems in a lvl 20 ish area on the Viridian Coast once.

Triangle gems could be turned into 1 grain, a square gem say 4 grains, and allow transmutation from triangle all the way up to guilded triangle? you could assign specific values to equalize it out so that 3 triangles and 1 grain would make a square, and 3 squares plus 8 grains would make a penta, and a penta would salvage into 1 gem powder, I think that's what they are worth now if i am not mistaken.  You could possibly add triangle/square/penta gems to some open world bosses around the game as well to give players some options as to where they want to farm. Lower level players could start on gems earlier.

Leave the purchasing system as it is, so that you need 4 gem powder to get a hexa gem, but it would open up some more possibilities for everyone to get gems.

On 1/15/2018 at 11:13 PM, Stacey Banks said:

Yes, the "frog" world boss near Jadestone drops gems in a box, but I think what you described would only lead to more botting, farming those gem mobs all day long.

Botting is against the ToS, it would lead to more bans too. All the GM's would have to do is come in game and try to talk to someone who was farming these areas for an excessively long time, to realize it's a bot, and then ban the account on the spot when they got no answer, especially when actions are taking place. It could also expose cheaters as well, which would improve everyone's game experience all over.

4 minutes ago, RagingPhenix said:

if they actualy played the game they wouldn't of messed up on the current event as bad as they did

I am sure they tried it on their test build servers, with their GM stuff that's insane, which probably nerfed them down to something that resembled what an avg player usually plays as. I don't know why they described it as fun in the stream, because it's not.

They should hold an event where the devs come online, red to all of us players and we can spend a day hunting and killing them over this event dungeon. 

lol, the issue is nerfing content has lead to players not knowing their rotation and such. Ironically the brain dead DPS whales are actually of the few that aren't brain dead. the devs would of known about this had they played in NA and could of done something about it. Na is constantly making things easier, and that comes with it's own set of issues that other regions dont have and thus aren't being dealt with

16 minutes ago, RagingPhenix said:

lol, the issue is nerfing content has lead to players not knowing their rotation and such. Ironically the brain dead DPS whales are actually of the few that aren't brain dead.

if they keep the system like it was before this game would be probably dead rigth now due  the lack of player base, indeed blade y soul is no ta game just to smash the keyboard like a 3year baby but if you dont find the balance between dedicated players and casuals they end losing more is a view of what happend since the 1st day of the open beta hype was high servers was overpopulated then it started people leave faster than they could attract them in the end  nerf on content will keep going on otherwise the game wont be able to keep a player base. 

Just now, Arkdain said:

if they keep the system like it was before this game would be probablly dead rigth due the lack of player base, indeed blade y soul is no ta game just to smash the keyboard like a 3year baby but if you dont find the balance between dedicated players and casuals they end losing more is a view of what happend since the 1st day of the open beta hype was high servers was overpopulated then it started people leave faster than they could attract them in the end  nerf on content will keep going on otherwise the game wont be able to keep a player base.

your talking about a system wide issue. The game is grindy, it's from Korea, and apparently that's a thing there. Korea is pay to play, and if you look at some comparisons at just XP required to level your HM levels, you start to notice some major differences. It's literally 1 billion more XP here in NA/EU for us to level to HM20 over KR. KR dungeons like cold storage hand out more XP (about 4x the amount) then ours does. Our game being F2P is built on the idea the company has to make money. I am convinced that is why we're set up to pay to get ahead at any kind of reasonable speed, and why certain items that help are almost non existent in loot tables, or have a stupid low RNG chance of dropping. 

It's for reasons like this that I've suggested a reasonable way to farm gems as they are still one of the hardest items to achieve without paying for them, right up there with transcendence engines and divine grace stones. Most people I know have paid through trove to get their obsidian gem and grace stones, hands down. Not everyone can clear SK to get them, and even if they could, it only drops 2-3 per raid, and everyone needs 5. Same is true with the octa gems. I bought a hepta diamond from trove, and have made 4 other hepta's from the new system myself, octa's are just too expensive for me to produce at this point, and guilded triangles are even worse. A system like this would allow for me to actually work towards making new gems by using gem powder to acquire the hexa gems from farming lower tier gems and salvaging them, and it would allow me to be in control of the pace of progress instead of being a slave to DC's for solar energy that I either get 4 or 5 from a day, no more. A system like this would give all of us a light at the end of the tunnel in chasing those guilded triangle gems.

Just now, RagingPhenix said:

you don't need gilded gems... focus on other stuff

I have my fire ring, fire earring, first legendary neck, legendary belt, and legendary bracelet all stage 10, I have a raven 8, working away at getting the elysian and moonstone to take it 9, i will whale the 3 PTS i need when they come up on the market. I just finished taking my PVP sword to Ascendent 6 so it's maxed out. Pet Aura is Ultimate stage 2, soul is cosmic stage 1.

I work on pet pods, i can only do that dungeon once a day, and well, i have only ever had one pet pod drop from there, the rest have been made by either buying off market with gold, or buying pet pouches and making them myself. I use event dungeons usually to acquire oils for the soul. I have my raven 8 set, completely maxed out. I do HH/SM all the time, only seen the legendary gloves drop once, and still have a ton of clears to go before i can buy them and start working up the legendary gloves using hellion cores (i can't do this myself, and i'm being kicked out of cross server because everyone seems to think you need 1.2k AP to run this when i am at 1165 AP)

Clan is working on VT, occasionally, when we have enough people online that are actually somewhat geared to try it. We have yet to clear the asuras.

Take BT items to awakened, sure, after everyone else has their's first in clan with the fire items. Last night, fire dropped both boss 1 and 2, first time we've seen a fire item in 15 raids, the fact we got two blew us away completely, but people still need. That will be a long way out for anyone that uses fire. 

What do i need to work on? Soul (takes forever) Pet Aura is 130 pods away from being finished (takes forever) VT items (need to clear still) Legendary Gloves, need the drop or run around 200 dungeons that give hellion cores, a good portion of these need to be HH for the 100 kill achievement.

PVP I could work on getting the Beluga SS 8 set, ascendant stones take forever to acquire though, and I'm not a big PVP player anyways, only took sword up to 6 to have somewhat of a shot in 6V6 and it gave me another way to play with my clan on occasion. And it was out of boredom too with nothing else to do. 

So when you say focus on other things, I have been.

Do I need gilded gems, no, would I like to have octagon gems, absolutely. I only have 5 hepta's and a penta obsidian on my raven, I remove 4 of these gems and add them to the 2 PVP hepta gems i have on ascendant.

The "other" things you have mentioned, for me, is basically on the other side of the VT wall I haven't gotten past.

36 minutes ago, Laneera said:

You can already farm gems. Just farm other stuff, sell it for gold. Then use the gold to buy gem powder, then turn that gem powder into gems on the dragon express.

Getting hexagonal gems isn't an issue, even going to heptagonal isn't that big of a task, after that though the cost goes through the roof in a hurry on the octagonal gems and gilded triangles. I'm not saying reduce costs on gems, i'm simply saying add a way to farm gems. That's not true farming of gems as your farming other things to make gold to purchase what you require, and that system is dependent on there being what you need in market, and what your farming actually selling on the marketplace. You aren't in control over whether or not you will receive that gem in the end. It's all dependent on other people putting the stuff up for sale that you require, and you being able to sell other things to pay for it.

Archived