Square Obsidian

Neriux777

You can use the event to upgrade the squre into pentagonal.

after pentagonal it works the same as all other jewels, so you need 3 pentagonal gems to make 1 hexagonal and 3 hexagonal to make 1 heptagonal.

The event will only let you upgrade suqare to penta.

Not sure about this, BUT, during the event you will be able to upgrade the square obisidian to Pentagonal, however, after the event, most likely you will have to get the Transcendece Engine to go Pentagonal. 

I don't remind if we can transmute 3 square diamonds to 1 Pentagonal Diamond. If we can, probably we will be able to do that with the obisidian. That would kill IF farming for Engines tho.

23 minutes ago, Neriux777 said:

About black stone with element attack in it.

Well let me tell you that every obsidian (black gem) has elemental damage so dont worry about that. Now the thing about using that square obsidian to transmute into a pentagonal one you'll have to run a lot of event dungeon (E. Fleet) in order to get 60 event tokens, then use them to transform that Square Obsidian that you get for 15 solar energies into a Pentagonal obsidian. So once you get 3 pentagonal obsidian you can transmute them into a Hexagonal and so on ^_^. In the end if you want a hexagonal obsidian you will need to farm 180 event tokens /sweat which i think is madness T^T.

8 hours ago, LilyPipy said:

Well let me tell you that every obsidian (black gem) has elemental damage so dont worry about that. Now the thing about using that square obsidian to transmute into a pentagonal one you'll have to run a lot of event dungeon (E. Fleet) in order to get 60 event tokens, then use them to transform that Square Obsidian that you get for 15 solar energies into a Pentagonal obsidian. So once you get 3 pentagonal obsidian you can transmute them into a Hexagonal and so on ^_^. In the end if you want a hexagonal obsidian you will need to farm 180 event tokens /sweat which i think is madness T^T.

crafting 3 special obsidians doesn't make them normal pentas?

I'll clarify the confusion here:

Yes, the obsidian are staying in Solar Energy store, so they will be transmutable.

Yes, you'll be able to do it the way you currently transmute pentagonal obsidian gems, it will just be cheaper  for the lower rank gems.

Yes, you'll have to use 3 squares to transmute 1 pentagonal, and likely some other mats to include void fragments and gold.

HOWEVER,

During the Return to Blackram event, you CAN use 1 square and 60 combs (dropped token) to transmute a pentagonal obsidian, making it cheaper in gem requirements and solar energy, IF you want to go that route and will be farming the event for the costumes anyway. You'll also be able to do it the normal way if you want.

This means during the event you will (may be) able to make a hexagonal obsidian for 45 solar energy and 180 combs (plus the combination mats), OR 135 solar energy (plus the combination mats). Afterwards you'll only be left with the normal gem combination ways for square and above obsidian gems.

17 hours ago, LilyPipy said:

Why use 3 chars, stones account bound, or 9...

Well lets wait...

21 hours ago, Noalaa said:

Yes, the obsidian are staying in Solar Energy store, so they will be transmutable.

Yes, you'll be able to do it the way you currently transmute pentagonal obsidian gems, it will just be cheaper  for the lower rank gems.

Yes, you'll have to use 3 squares to transmute 1 pentagonal, and likely some other mats to include void fragments and gold.

HOWEVER,

During the Return to Blackram event, you CAN use 1 square and 60 combs (dropped token) to transmute a pentagonal obsidian, making it cheaper in gem requirements and solar energy, IF you want to go that route and will be farming the event for the costumes anyway. You'll also be able to do it the normal way if you want.

This means during the event you will (may be) able to make a hexagonal obsidian for 45 solar energy and 180 combs (plus the combination mats), OR 135 solar energy (plus the combination mats). Afterwards you'll only be left with the normal gem combination ways for square and above obsidian gems.

where does it say, that you can transmute 3 squares into 1 pentagonal, I personally highly doubt we will have that option, it would be way to easy to obtain a Heptagonal that way especially because transmuting Obsidians itself is a joke in terms of costs, everyone has tons of void fragments and the gold is irrelevant.

However obtaining an Obsidian Gem without Trove is a pain in the ass and you can almost forget to ever have a Heptagonal if you dont trove for it.

Sure you could do 1k IF runs and buy every single Engine you see, but hey come on who is doing that.

But even then I doubt we will be having the luxury of obtaining them through daily challenge, its just way too easy imo.

I for example do 5-6 Daily challenges each day and have tons of Solar Energy,

If it would be possible to get Heptagonals through square transmuting everyone can easily have a Heptagonal, I am not saying it would be bad being able to get a heptagonal from daily challenge, but Im just saying that I doubt NCsoft is granting us that easy option.

Its "only" 405 Solar Energy that way for a Heptagonal.

With 1 character that would be 101 days thats a lot I agree.

However people that do it with multiple characters lets just say 5 as an example thats "only" 20 days.

3 minutes ago, Raikiri0311 said:

where does it say, that you can transmute 3 squares into 1 pentagonal, I personally highly doubt we will have that option, it would be way to easy to obtain a Heptagonal that way especially because transmuting Obsidians itself is a joke in terms of costs, everyone has tons of void fragments and the gold is irrelevant.

However obtaining an Obsidian Gem without Trove is a pain in the ass and you can almost forget to ever have a Heptagonal if you dont trove for it.

Sure you could do 1k IF runs and buy every single Engine you see, but hey come on who is doing that.

But even then I doubt we will be having the luxury of obtaining them through daily challenge, its just way too easy imo.

I for example do 5-6 Daily challenges each day and have tons of Solar Energy,

If it would be possible to get Heptagonals through square transmuting everyone can easily have a Heptagonal, I am not saying its bad that you can farm for it doing Daily Challenge, but Im just saying that I doubt NCsoft is granting us that easy option.

Maybe actually read what the people you reply to write? "During the Return to Blackram event, you CAN use 1 square and 60 combs (dropped token) to transmute a pentagonal obsidian" You can transmute them but only with the event currency.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:58 PM, Noalaa said:

HOWEVER,

Lies you cannot transmute Square gems into pentagonal xD!

1 minute ago, Hegaton said:

Yes, U can, Its the second item at transmutation tab, just below the 5m event exp charm!

That guy clearly state that we will be able to use 3 squares gems into pentagonal which is a lie lul the only way to get pentagonal is throughout event xD and IF.

No I was definitely WRONG on this. My assumption on the normal combining was based on three things.

1. The permanence of the squares on the solar energy shop.

2. the fact that the others are and that they do not break down into gem powder.

3. The increase in engine drops AND the fact that they'd still be more expensive than either rare PVP gem when purchased by combining them into 3 pentagonals (135 solar).

Raikiri had a valid point I had not considered, that they would add the squares as 'something' (vs nothing) but only make them upgradable during the event. This is likely as he said to keep the rarity of Obsidians constant. I apologize for added confusion on this point. You CANNOT transmute them like the others, only through the event transmute can it be done at this time.

3 hours ago, Noalaa said:

No I was definitely WRONG on this. My assumption on the normal combining was based on three things.

1. The permanence of the squares on the solar energy shop.

2. the fact that the others are and that they do not break down into gem powder.

3. The increase in engine drops AND the fact that they'd still be more expensive than either rare PVP gem when purchased by combining them into 3 pentagonals (135 solar).

Raikiri had a valid point I had not considered, that they would add the squares as 'something' (vs nothing) but only make them upgradable during the event. This is likely as he said to keep the rarity of Obsidians constant. I apologize for added confusion on this point. You CANNOT transmute them like the others, only through the event transmute can it be done at this time.

Aww, I was looking forward to get an Obsidian after the event. Oh well

Archived