Boss` self-removing or immunity of debuff - Can it be changed?

Kozuki

Some bosses in this game can self-removing debuff, or gain debuff immunity when their mech phase comes. Some examples:

-Brierbane in Hollow's Heart will remove debuff when his phase comes, then gain debuff immunity during his mech.

-Jurupo in Hollow's Heart will remove debuff when his phase comes.

-Jinsoyun in Heaven's Mandate is immune to debuff during certain attack.

-3 versions of Mushin, lol

-etc.

What does this mean? Some classes have their skills or DPS boosts rely on stacking their class debuff: Summoner's Ivy Poison, Force Master's Burn, Assassin's Poison, Gunner's Dark Mark... Once such bosses remove debuffs or enter debuff immunity phase, their DPS suffers greatly... As a Earth Summoner with VT gear, it hits my class very hard as I lose damage boosted by Ivy Poison, and unable to do the VT badge combo due to the absence of Ivy Poison. In any case, such a thing reduces the DPS effectiveness of many classes. Of course, only classes that do not rely on enemy's debuff status don't care about this.

The thing is: why should debuff removal/immunity need to exist in the first place? Many bosses can enter their mech phase without even removing their debuff. If the boss is grabbed/gripped and has their HP cutting into mech phase, they may even break the grab prematurely (like Winter Mane). Also, not of those debuff with DoT are strong enough to deal significant damage on bosses with HP of dozens to hundreds millions. 

So yeah, I suggest to just make them stop clearing debuff, or immune to debuff.

to prevent bug mech... "chain/root" is also status buff

if boss still effected by any buff during mech, he will be bugged.. unless dev recode this game, which is really lot of work.. this won't ever be solved

dev must be thinking like this "rather than code tons of line for each buff status when monster do its mech, lets make the boss imune to all buff... it'll save time for me" lol

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

As if any content is sooo hard that the tiny bit of damage is needed. Also, the VT badge doesnt work with ivy poison, it gives you a buff that allows you to cast thorn strike 3 times, its not ivy poison dependant. its autumn leaves.

wrong.

yes the VT Badge is Needs autumn leaves for thorn strike. yet to to trigger the VT badge you Need to cast flying nettles, which in fact Needs ivy poison (or after a block or a cat grabble- both not available in the mentioned Situation)

so what i dont like for brierbane or other bosses with debuff immunity ( im fine with mech triggered debuff clear, i can put These up in my Rotation) is that i cant Play my rota anymore.

yes i can get my 15sec ivy poison on him right before he gets his shield up. so i can Play 15 sec longer, but his shield is up longer and for this time i have to Play with lmb+rmb only.

while other classes have no/nearly no restrictions in making damage or playing normal Rotation.

of Course you are right, the amount of damage im missing (although it isnt a tiny bit) isnt necessary, yet its restraining my gamplay.

15 hours ago, Grimoir said:

As if any content is sooo hard that the tiny bit of damage is needed. Also, the VT badge doesnt work with ivy poison, it gives you a buff that allows you to cast thorn strike 3 times, its not ivy poison dependant. its autumn leaves.

You either don't play Earth VT Summoner, or just don't bother learning your skills.

Here are some facts:

-You need Ivy Poison (or cat grab) to proc Flying Nettle, which is what proc the so-powerful Autumn Leaves of yours. Ever heard of F 222? You throw a Nettle, do 3 Thorn Strike, then throw a Magnum-boosted Nettle, which follows by other 3 Thorn Strike. Now try to throw any kind of Nettle, boosted or non-boosted, without Ivy Poison (or cat grab) to continue to your combo.

-Ivy Poison also boosts the damage of Thorn Strike, as well as Sunflower and Nettle damage. That's why it is important for Earth Summoner to maintain their Ivy Poison uptime.

And you said a little bit damage. Yeah, one single Earth VT Summoner may only suffer a loss of 50k-100k during a fight against Brierbane when his shield is up. However, if your party consists of many classes that have damage boost on debuffed target like another Earth Summoner, Dark Gunner, Fire FM and Assassin, their DPS suffers too. The more of such classes, the more your party DPS suffers.

And for what purpose? Nothing, really. Just add more annoyance and prolong the fight unnecessarily. 

Archived