Princess Piggietails

New Outfit Dye System

Recommended Posts

Hai guys.   

So, I am excited about the new costume dye system.   I hope ya'll are as well.   Questions tho... 

1 -- I watched the stream on it, and she said that "all premium outfits" can be changed, and a few other ones etc... so the question is, what exactly does that cover?  Like is any outfit you paid real monies for off f10 considered "premium" or is it only a select few like rosethorn etc...   I am asking because I am wondering if we are going to be able to change our swimsuit colors.  They were bought off f10, but I do not know if they are considered "premium" etc... 

2 -- I watched various videos, and the colors they could change to seemed to be different by video, so my main question is will we have to buy certain colors to "unlock" them, or will there be a whole list of colors that will never change?  I ask this because I NEED pink as a color choice for some of my outfits, and if I can't get it, my head might explode.   

 

3 -- Are some of the in world dropped outfits going to be able to be dyed?  I ask because I NEED to dye a seductress Pink.  :D  

So, how bout it? 

Edited by Princess Piggietails

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xInikox   

Can't answer number 1, as I haven't been a premium member. My guess is outfits you pay for? Pure white (the example outfit used in the stream to demonstrate the tailor shop) is only available in F10. Risky business as well. Actually all of them were. So maybe? Hopefully someone can answer that with certainty. 

 

2- It seems other regions have different colors which is a bit odd. I saw a video as well with someone who had a color scheme different from ours. I doubt you need to unlock it. That'd be ridiculous. 

 

3- Possibly. They said they'd like to add more outfits available to be customized so only time can tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched as many videos i can find, and every one of them has different colors. :/  Also, none of them really show multiple outfits that you can dye, only one specific one that they work on.   Surely someone has to have some info on this? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lunaria   

@Princess Piggietails I believe in the latest live stream it was stated that there are only a certain number of select outfits that can be customized but over time more outfits will have customization added to them, so yeah they are adding more customization options for more of the outfits we have in our showroom, as of right now i think about a good handful of outfits can be altered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this case, 'premium outfits/costumes' means costumes like Grand Phoenix, Rosethorn, and upcoming Silver Saberfang. Generally, all outfits that give you display effects and emote when you equip the whole set. I'm not sure if Shadow Phoenix counts too (it has effects but no emote).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liinxy   
On 1/14/2018 at 9:24 AM, Princess Piggietails said:

1 -- I watched the stream on it, and she said that "all premium outfits" can be changed, and a few other ones etc... so the question is, what exactly does that cover?  Like is any outfit you paid real monies for off f10 considered "premium" or is it only a select few like rosethorn etc...   I am asking because I am wondering if we are going to be able to change our swimsuit colors.  They were bought off f10, but I do not know if they are considered "premium" etc... 

Consider Premium outfits the sets that have particle effects, and/or an emote, and also a matching pet and weapon skin. These would be Grand Phoenix, Rosethorn and Silver Saberfang.

On 1/14/2018 at 9:24 AM, Princess Piggietails said:

2 -- I watched various videos, and the colors they could change to seemed to be different by video, so my main question is will we have to buy certain colors to "unlock" them, or will there be a whole list of colors that will never change?  I ask this because I NEED pink as a color choice for some of my outfits, and if I can't get it, my head might explode. 

With the release of the system, there's no unlocking feature for more colors. The colors that you see in the video and preview article is what will be available for you to use at its release.

On 1/14/2018 at 9:24 AM, Princess Piggietails said:

3 -- Are some of the in world dropped outfits going to be able to be dyed?  I ask because I NEED to dye a seductress Pink.  :D  

There are no world drop outfits that can be customizable at this time. We'll relay this feedback and see if it's not already on the development teams radar. ^_^

14 hours ago, Princess Piggietails said:

I watched as many videos i can find, and every one of them has different colors. :/  Also, none of them really show multiple outfits that you can dye, only one specific one that they work on.   Surely someone has to have some info on this? 

Here's a list of all the costumes and adornments that can be used in the Tailor Shop at its launch:

 

Premium Cosmetics

  • Grand Phoenix & Grand Phoenix Crown
  • Rosethorn, Rosethorn Crown, Rosethorn Wings, & Rosethorn Eyepatch
  • Silver Saberfang, Silver Saberfang Hairband, Silver Saberfang Mask, & Silver Saberfang Wings

Cosmetics (Available at Clothing Merchants for Chromatic Thread)

  • Flashback
  • Nostalgia (Female Only)
  • Stylish (Male Only)
  • Class President
  • Pure White
  • Risky Business
  • Dreamland & Dreamland Hat
  • Eternal Vow Headpiece
  • Cabin Mate Hat
  • Love Doctor's Hat (Female Only)
  • Pure Affection Headpiece (Male Only)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAID   

@Liinxy

It's nice to see that you want to add more features to the game, however don't you think that you should focus on bugs-fixing first?
We will get the new Dye-System but we won't be able to play the game properly. Imaginary Warning Light.

Edited by RAID

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... what I'm getting from this is that, not only do you need to buy specific outfits, you also need to buy the ability to customize them... and none of the outfits you can obtain in-game can be customized at all?

 

I think that, in it's base form, this is kind of disappointing. I very much do hope the option to customize outfits obtained from events and eventually from the world become available. I know quite a few people (myself included) who were very excited about the idea of customizing our favourite outfits or even changing the colours of outfits in order to follow a theme/colour scheme. As it stands, it seems that the feature is very limited and may not have had too much thought put into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAID   

@SilverFoxR

I don't get why you're disappointed at all. They already confirmed that more outfits are going to be added in the future. The only possible disappointment is that this feature-update is not finished yet, which is why it supports only a few outfits for now, because it's new and is going to be reworked still. You can basically consider this as some kind of Beta-Feature for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SalemK   

I'm not complaining but it is kind of strange that we have to actually buy the things from the hongmoon store to customize the outfits in an ingame feature meanwhile in korea they are able to use naryu gold which they can obtain in the game by converting naryu silver. I was expecting it to be more like the way that summoners can customize their cat only instead using naryu gold and an actual gold fee. At this point though I'm hardly surprised based on all the decisions that have been made lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAID   
1 minute ago, SalemK said:

I'm not complaining but it is kind of strange that we have to actually buy the things from the hongmoon store to customize the outfits in an ingame feature meanwhile in korea they are able to use naryu gold which they can obtain in the game by converting naryu silver. I was expecting it to be more like the way that summoners can customize their cat only instead using naryu gold and an actual gold fee. At this point though I'm hardly surprised based on all the decisions that have been made lately.

Open your eyes and ears. This is politics.

Why do you think that you're getting free hmcoin from Premium? It's all a method to motivate players to pay for the micro-transactions. Even the new Premium-Rework is connected with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SalemK   
17 minutes ago, RAID said:

Open your eyes and ears. This is politics.

Why do you think that you're getting free hmcoin from Premium? It's all a method to motivate players to pay for the micro-transactions. Even the new Premium-Rework is connected with it.

I've been "woke" which is why I said I'm not surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so, I do not mean to be a buzzkill but Liinxy... please tell me that is not the only costumes that you can dye.... 

Surely you can't be serious...

You put in a dye system, you put a tiny amount of outfits you can dye, literally zero people I know wear those 3 premium outfits... and the few other non premium ones are mostly unused by most people... and all of the outfits you can dye are by-in-large not outfits you see anyone wearing.   

Sigh.   I should have know there was zero chance the outfits people actually wear would be able to be dyed.  This makes me sad.   

PS

Go stand in Mushins tower... look how many people got on the costumes on that list... I mean... like literally zero?   I mean come on....  maybe pure white if they happen to own it but... really??!!   That is your dye list??   

Abject disaster this is :( 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SalemK said:

I'm not complaining but it is kind of strange that we have to actually buy the things from the hongmoon store to customize the outfits in an ingame feature meanwhile in korea they are able to use naryu gold which they can obtain in the game by converting naryu silver. I was expecting it to be more like the way that summoners can customize their cat only instead using naryu gold and an actual gold fee. At this point though I'm hardly surprised based on all the decisions that have been made lately.

I'm pretty sure you can also use HM Coin to purchase the required item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Princess Piggietails said:

Ok so, I do not mean to be a buzzkill but Liinxy... please tell me that is not the only costumes that you can dye.... 

Surely you can't be serious...

You put in a dye system, you put a tiny amount of outfits you can dye, literally zero people I know wear those 3 premium outfits... and the few other non premium ones are mostly unused by most people... and all of the outfits you can dye are by-in-large not outfits you see anyone wearing.   

Sigh.   I should have know there was zero chance the outfits people actually wear would be able to be dyed.  This makes me sad.   

PS

Go stand in Mushins tower... look how many people got on the costumes on that list... I mean... like literally zero?   I mean come on....  maybe pure white if they happen to own it but... really??!!   That is your dye list??   

Abject disaster this is :( 

 

This is a brand new feature and there will be more costumes available for dyeing over time. I guess we'll get all costumes eventually, just be patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wataru   
On 1/15/2018 at 2:18 PM, Liinxy said:

Cosmetics (Available at Clothing Merchants for Chromatic Thread)

  • Flashback
  • Nostalgia (Female Only)
  • Stylish (Male Only)
  • Class President
  • Pure White <------------------
  • Risky Business
  • Dreamland & Dreamland Hat
  • Eternal Vow Headpiece
  • Cabin Mate Hat
  • Love Doctor's Hat (Female Only)
  • Pure Affection Headpiece (Male Only)

So does this mean we're getting the male version of Pure White with the update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ARC-1276   
On 1/15/2018 at 2:18 PM, Liinxy said:

Consider Premium outfits the sets that have particle effects, and/or an emote, and also a matching pet and weapon skin. These would be Grand Phoenix, Rosethorn and Silver Saberfang.

With the release of the system, there's no unlocking feature for more colors. The colors that you see in the video and preview article is what will be available for you to use at its release.

There are no world drop outfits that can be customizable at this time. We'll relay this feedback and see if it's not already on the development teams radar. ^_^

Here's a list of all the costumes and adornments that can be used in the Tailor Shop at its launch:

 

Premium Cosmetics

  • Grand Phoenix & Grand Phoenix Crown
  • Rosethorn, Rosethorn Crown, Rosethorn Wings, & Rosethorn Eyepatch
  • Silver Saberfang, Silver Saberfang Hairband, Silver Saberfang Mask, & Silver Saberfang Wings

Cosmetics (Available at Clothing Merchants for Chromatic Thread)

  • Flashback
  • Nostalgia (Female Only)
  • Stylish (Male Only)
  • Class President
  • Pure White
  • Risky Business
  • Dreamland & Dreamland Hat
  • Eternal Vow Headpiece
  • Cabin Mate Hat
  • Love Doctor's Hat (Female Only)
  • Pure Affection Headpiece (Male Only)

Will we be able to equip Grand Phoenix Wings if we customize the Grand Phoenix outfit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kamoeno   

after looking at it today, i must say im disappointed in the available colors. no black. no silver, nothing shiny, not really any darker colors. just a bunch of brightly colored and pastel crap that i cant use because it doesnt suit my character at all. better colors PLZ T^T like i mean theres the premium colors that are available for the clan outfits (if you pay extra), why cant we have that option here as well T^T

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORlON   

 

I think that they are not using the business they have in their hands as they could, after all that is a business, if all the attire could be modified, I think it would cost more in coins than in the absurd way in which it is proposed by the At the moment, I think and it is my humble opinion that they should not have put the possibility of changing the colors and others without first thinking about it. that's the view of a businessman, now that of a player. I am to collect suits, I like more than equip and others and the truth, several of these premium suits are unpleasant and I am not the only one so the idea of which would have to be those that can be modified or do not think they would have that the players give it by means of voting and not in this way ... as I wrote a few lines back ... this is my humble point of view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now