Forums

What bothers me about the new premium

Enemy Silence

The only thing that makes premium even alluring is the free Ncoin....BUT....yes but.....if you add up the cost of a 90 day premium subscription versus the cost of simply buying the coin....You come out about 5 bucks cheaper. https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/shop/premium/

The new premium is hot garbage and another middle finger from NCSOFT to it's paying customers. The only thing that will make premium WORTH the purchase is free costume exchange and free mailing fees to alts. You could even add another 10 bucks onto the premium and it would still fly if you'd just simply LISTEN but nah. keep doing you NCSOFT.

The whole daily dash is just RNG not worth much at all if the RNG isn't on your side. You can't justify worth with uncertainty. ncsoft would literally be EA in business ratings if more people bothered to play their games. It's just so easy to see how they rip you off, the least they could do is hide it better. I guess they think we can't do simple math.

As a PSA i'll allow people to know who actually gets value from premium. If you're end game then you get the least value (you're actually getting robbed unless you have godlike rng during daily dash) if you're brand new then keep reading.

Currently premium will allow you to level faster, and greatly decrease the time in which it takes you to use teleport. It gives you access to on the fly storage and decreased fees in marketplace, upgrades, etc. For you (people BT tier and below) premium helps but only if you game on alts and spend roughly 6 hours daily. The value is limited but CURRENTLY it's pretty decent. Once it upgrades, depending on how desperate you are to have negligible perks, it may actually behoove you to just pay 10 bucks a month and buy nc coin instead.

Why just buy coin? because you get roughly 450 "free" coin from premium and around 12 bucks a month. You'll get 800 coin at just 10 bucks a month that tallies to 2500 in 90 days. that's 1050 more than premium which you could use on costumes, mats, trove, whatever. In 3 months you would have more stuff then a guy on premium unless that guy hit jack pots daily during his daily dash. If you simply bought the moonstone crystals you'd end up with more over all value to your progression while actually saving more money then the guy paying for premium. 

In a nutshell, having the wardrobe and access to your vault was the only real reason to pay. access to your vault and dragonstore(who's items will eventually be made f2p) will basically cost you 5 bucks a month since they're the entire value left. Getting more gold from enemy drops is a lie. Oh and i guess that "awesome" wind walk glamour. (sarcasm)

I enjoy the convenience premium gives me and I'll continue to buy it. I've always thought as a game centered so heavily on outfits that the wardrobe being a premium feature was a load of bull and it should be free. I'll continue paying for premium cause I enjoy the benefits and time savers it gives me. I dont sort of wish rank 10 users would get something exclusive, but 2 months of free premium is better than nothing. If you don't like it don't pay for it. I'm going to pocket that free hcoin and use it to transfer outfits for free (which people need to stop complaining about the stamps cause the other version don't let you transfer outfits at all) and unlock my trove slots.

I'm disappointed but not really surprised that the new premium is underwhelming, if they had really wanted to make more of their player base happy to pay a monthly subscription they would have scrapped ALL the ridiculous taxes eg; pet glamour, mail fees and the rest of the marketplace fees.

The HM coin you get isn't even enough to purchase one of the cheapest outfits in the store once a month and to make it worse if you actually want the premium box of stuff each day you need to pay 30nc or 30hm to purchase it so not only are you not really getting free coin each day you're losing 15 a day for the "perk" of opening a premium rng box.

They haven't addressed the lack of bank tabs which obviously should have been added as a premium perk or even opened the existing locked spaces in the bank. At the very least all existing spaces should be automatically unlocked while premium is active.

The last issue that annoys me the most is that they have not boosted the HM level experience that premium subs get, even if you complete 40/40 dailys and the weekly raids your hm exp bar barely moves at all. The only ones who are going up in HM levels are the people who spend huge sums of money on buying gold to purchase sacred orbs/soulstones to make the 5 mil charms.

Now that they don't have my outfits held hostage i'll be using the 2 months of premium they so "generously" gave me for reaching lvl10 and than no more paying a sub that i don't find value for money.

The crazy thing about this story is that they announced it months ago they are working on new premium, so i was thinking about crazy premium perk that improve your game experience and instantly want you to buy 1year of premium, like exclusive dresses, a special shareable account storage to store gems/mats for example, 4 dress tradable btw alts/month, shareable awakened soul and below, special cookies for raid buyable, new exclusive goodies firework/dance etc.... but they came with 3 new perk i don't even remember cause they are totally irrelevant, can you just imagine that someone has been paid for months to think about adding only 3 new irrelevant perks and of course lower the value of premium by giving everyone wardrobe and *cricket* those who supported the game by taking away premium rank....and there is people ok with that? just in what world do they live...

And now because there is no point buying premium they will milk us even more during trove and pay2win event.

4 hours ago, Malign said:

I enjoy the convenience premium gives me and I'll continue to buy it. I've always thought as a game centered so heavily on outfits that the wardrobe being a premium feature was a load of bull and it should be free. I'll continue paying for premium cause I enjoy the benefits and time savers it gives me. I dont sort of wish rank 10 users would get something exclusive, but 2 months of free premium is better than nothing. If you don't like it don't pay for it. I'm going to pocket that free hcoin and use it to transfer outfits for free (which people need to stop complaining about the stamps cause the other version don't let you transfer outfits at all) and unlock my trove slots.

This is a very interesting point of view. Would you please explain these "conveniences" "benefits" and "time savers" in more detail? It would really help people that may be reading, make a more educated decision if they're considering premium themselves. ALSO could you explain how far you are in your character progression? (i'm not being hostile in case you feel i'm setting you up for attack, just need a different point of view)

5 hours ago, Malign said:

I agree with you on this.I enjoy the remote storage and showroom you get with premium, and the extra peaches, battlepoints etc are always nice.

Most people that dont like premium are mostly end-game players who forget that premium is not made soloely for them but for everyone, thats why the exp boosts etc help others.

I personally do not think there should be free cosmetics for premium users. Premium is supposed to be a little extra in game  progression (which the cost reductions and market fees already provide) and not something to get handouts.

Given they were talking about making the showroom a feature for all, regardless of premium in one of their streams so lets see what happens.

Il y a 7 heures, Enemy Silence a dit :

Currently premium will allow you to level faster, and greatly decrease the time in which it takes you to use teleport. It gives you access to on the fly storage and decreased fees in marketplace, upgrades, etc. For you (people BT tier and below) premium helps but only if you game on alts and spend roughly 6 hours daily. The value is limited but CURRENTLY it's pretty decent. Once it upgrades, depending on how desperate you are to have negligible perks, it may actually behoove you to just pay 10 bucks a month and buy nc coin instead.

Sorry but even as a new player or alt leveler premium is useless. Leveling is a piece of cake now, u can be max level in 2 days or so just doing yellow quest. Yellow quest being the main quest you have to forcibly do whatever happens + being already really really fast = all the leveling perks useless. And the only moment when teleport is annoying its during the zaiwei storyline which requires you to teleport 10 times in a few minutes arround the city.

And I don't see any perks about "no mailing fee" careful what you say.

Just saying ^^

Noticeable premium perks :

450hcoin per month = 15 hcoin per day, so careful its not instant 450 hcoins. Makes a huge difference.

100% on venture tkens value but low RNG

daily dash but RNG

no weapon glamour fee (Its not like theres tons of weapon to glamour in this game tho and the cost is not that important but whatever lets put it...)

remote storage for the interested niche

30% on peaches for the interested niche

Windwalk to show you are premium

Kappa login queue priority Keepo. The most important perk of all Kappa

And the 3 new perkz were :

Free daily 15 Hcoin

Treasure trove free key

daily premium cache for 30 ncoin/hcoin

Quality revamp right there.

Premium  not worth  it just because you can buy 800 coin for 10$ and premium  gives you only 450? Really? So premium just gives you coins and nothing more? What about:

Windstride  animations 

30% more exp,and gold from quests 

30% more peaches.

Free weapon glamour

Ability to sell from inventory

Storage from inventory 

Increased number of items to sell on market

No market listing fee. No requirement of 10% of price you listed to sell item. Cause you know everyone loves  selling item and wasting 100g just for bid

Extra treasure trove key

Extra daily dash spin 

Premium field bonuses on daily dash

More exp charms from daily login.

Login priority 

Premium gives a lot and it impacts all players of all levels. Only whales don't see benefits of premium...

vor 24 Minuten schrieb YunoGasaiYandere:

What about:

[...]

Login priority 

Very  importend on a decreasing playerbase and after merging 4 english, 4 german an 2 (not sure) frensh servers into 1 english, 1 german and 1 frensh server xD

6 hours ago, Enemy Silence said:

This is a very interesting point of view. Would you please explain these "conveniences" "benefits" and "time savers" in more detail? It would really help people that may be reading, make a more educated decision if they're considering premium themselves. ALSO could you explain how far you are in your character progression? (i'm not being hostile in case you feel i'm setting you up for attack, just need a different point of view)

I'm a 1200ap VT geared FM who has played since before launch. I have 8 alts one of which does VT aside from my main and several with soul badges mystic badges and BT equipment excluding the weapon.... at least until after the next patch.  So yeah I'm pretty far in my progression.

Mobile storage, access to selling items in the dragon express are among the major time savers. Call me lazy if you want, but I'm paying for the convenience. The decrease in weapon upgrade and weapon glamour costs have saved me a lot of gold since after all fashion is the true end game. The 30% incr to BP and peaches have saved me plenty of time themselves by saving me from the farm. I've made back plenty of Hcoin from being able to get venture tokens through the prem spots on the daily dash and can make more of it with the membership too.

So yeah the whole purpose of premium is to pay for some extra conveniences to improve play experience. People here are crying that it's not worth cause it's not game breaking, but these same people would be throwing a fit if it was. If NCSoft made prem too good people would be screaming P2W.

They actually improved the premium for everyone, regardless of rank and people still complain.
Unless they hand you more HM Coin than the money you put in you won´t be satisfied, will you?
All I see is just your rampage, while not giving any suggestions to improve it.

12 hours ago, Enemy Silence said:

The only thing that makes premium even alluring is the free Ncoin....BUT....yes but.....if you add up the cost of a 90 day premium subscription versus the cost of simply buying the coin....You come out about 5 bucks cheaper. https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/shop/premium/

The new premium is hot garbage and another middle finger from NCSOFT to it's paying customers. The only thing that will make premium WORTH the purchase is free costume exchange and free mailing fees to alts. You could even add another 10 bucks onto the premium and it would still fly if you'd just simply LISTEN but nah. keep doing you NCSOFT.

The whole daily dash is just RNG not worth much at all if the RNG isn't on your side. You can't justify worth with uncertainty. ncsoft would literally be EA in business ratings if more people bothered to play their games. It's just so easy to see how they rip you off, the least they could do is hide it better. I guess they think we can't do simple math.

2 hours ago, YunoGasaiYandere said:

Premium gives a lot and it impacts all players of all levels. Only whales don't see benefits of premium...

I'm not a whale , and I just can't see the benefits either. Why didn't they add the free mail to an alt option? Or maybe discounted ncoin prices for premium only members.

This is what Happens when you let Developers ran (and rule) the game.  I watched it happen on WoW (remember Cata and WoD ?) and effect so many other games it's sad.  This game will truly feel the launch of several new games this year and you can count on a lot of finger pointing once they don't have the numbers to support a single NA Sever.  Just Remember boys and girls, as long as Devs are given the final say    The game is slowly self destructing and I have no desire to watch it happen to another game I actually think has potential.  I have watched so many games destroy themselves and unless they infuse this game with alot of NEW ideas, they will fall into the landfill of so many other (what could have been great) MMOs.

3 hours ago, Ren36 said:

They actually improved the premium for everyone, regardless of rank and people still complain.
Unless they hand you more HM Coin than the money you put in you won´t be satisfied, will you?
All I see is just your rampage, while not giving any suggestions to improve it.

In the exact same post you quoted i DID offer solution. In fact i've offered plenty of solutions over the course of posting about premium and the only one that was acknowledged was colors to outfits which i suggested long before it was a thing in korea and it has nothing to do with premium. Now do i believe i'm remotely responsible for colors being added to costumes...no it was most likely a coincidence.

Regardless, premium is wavering in value and most people just repeated what i already mentioned in my second post about WHO actually gets value from premium.  Still that value is not worth the price of premium. You literally get more for cheaper on your netflix bill then the "perks of premium". Most of you don't number crunch your gains throughout the month. If you did, you'd realize that, unless very lucky, premium's benefits are negligible. Convenience is what most of you are satisfied with and sadly, you're apart of the group that will stagnate the growth of this game.

You're willing to pay top dollar for mediocre levels of convenience when your cost would have gotten you in the door of a subscription based MMO with functional servers like FF14. Seriously, the cost of premium is a monthly bill for what would be a subscription service, but the service is not much of a service, just a series of....conveniences. So what you get a few more BP and  few more peaches. I guess you spent 10 to 15 less minutes then the guy without premium lol. I hate to say it, as i believe some of you are genuine but, most of you in the defense of premium, are just fan boys/girls. blinded by how much you enjoy the game.

Every game has people willing to defend an obvious rip off. No different then the year 2007 when there was this big division among gamers about microtransactions. You had people who protested it and people who defended it, We see who won and why games are less quality (read my psa as to why you shouldn't buy the upcoming rng box) and more quantity of things being sold to you. We can't even get a overhaul on in game materials like legendary gem hammers, alpine and green level gear, yet you can support a paid subscription that doesn't offer you a "full" version of the game features. You might be genuine, but you also are genuinely the problem and the downfall. You're too blinded by fanboyism to see it and the lack of growth this game has is the result.

Your solution is p2w, removing another money sink would instead devalue gold over time and create a rift between f2p players and paying players, as they would be treated prefered. Not everyone will pay for a optional benefits. Premium has to stay "Quality of life service" without impacting the economy too much

my solution is not p2w. costumes being traded for free helps me kill zulia? mailing mats to alts for free gets me that legendary accessory? discounts on character alteration vouchers helps me learn hollow heart mechanics? more ncoin for roughly the exact same price lets me one shot in battlegrounds? please explain how anything ive ever suggested is pay to win. ive barely ever suggested a pay to progress, please don't foul up the thread with posts like that again.

Gotta love the community.

They will find a reason to complain and cry no matter what NCSoft do.

Some pretending as if they only bought premiumship for Wardrobe.

Some are raging how "We paid over $2k for 10 Rank and we only get $24 worth membership extension?"

As if they spent the money to buy rank, and not for the items they bought with it.

If NCSoft would have followed RU Server's premium bonuses, they would rage "omg so p2win... now im forced to buy premium to be viable omg you suck so bad NCSofbrudneud".

And when they decide to not give stats for premium and makes 1 premium-exclusive bonus available to everybody and provide some other minor bonuses instead, they rage "omg?!?!? How dare you not give us more free stuff which i deserve omg?!? You suck so bad NCSohrhdydhehdhdjdj".

10 hours ago, Kryptone said:

Gotta love the community.

They will find a reason to complain and cry no matter what NCSoft do.

If NCSoft would have followed RU Server's premium bonuses, they would rage "omg so p2win... now im forced to buy premium to be viable omg you suck so bad NCSofbrudneud".

And when they decide to not give stats for premium and makes 1 premium-exclusive bonus available to everybody and provide some other minor bonuses instead, they rage "omg?!?!? How dare you not give us more free stuff which i deserve omg?!? You suck so bad NCSohrhdydhehdhdjdj".

this 

20 hours ago, Chibilove said:

I'm not a whale , and I just can't see the benefits either. Why didn't they add the free mail to an alt option? Or maybe discounted ncoin prices for premium only members.

Have you read whole post or just text at the bottom? Free mailing to alts? Actually you get it. 15hongmoon coins each day=120coins in 8 days. 6 item delivery stamps are worth 114. So basically you get can transfer one outfit for free every 8 days. Discounted NC prices? They exist. Have you ever compared price in example of trade pouches for free players 799 coins vs 719 coins for free players. Also premium players can buy special premium pouch for only 30coins. You can win sacred oil. You think its bullshit because its RNG? Actually...its not. You see...all RNG boxes with useless  loot (most of time) cost 139coins. And premium will give boxes for only 30coins...

6 hours ago, YunoGasaiYandere said:

Have you read whole post or just text at the bottom? Free mailing to alts? Actually you get it. 15hongmoon coins each day=120coins in 8 days. 6 item delivery stamps are worth 114. So basically you get can transfer one outfit for free every 8 days. Discounted NC prices? They exist. Have you ever compared price in example of trade pouches for free players 799 coins vs 719 coins for free players. Also premium players can buy special premium pouch for only 30coins. You can win sacred oil. You think its bullshit because its RNG? Actually...its not. You see...all RNG boxes with useless  loot (most of time) cost 139coins. And premium will give boxes for only 30coins...

None of that "free" stuff is "free" unless everyone gets it regardless of premium. So stop it. Nice try, better then most posts so far but allow me to deconstruct with ease.

If i simply paid 10 bucks a month, i can do everything you just said x4 and save myself 15 dollars in 90 days. Not everyone buys/spends on RNG boxes or most of the items that are discounted so it's hard to argue for or against it as EVERYTHING is not discounted. If it was, then you'd have a point. Those special premium pouches will need ultra whales like zyrelia(no offense) to buy thousands to actually test their drop rate. Something tells me it's no different then trying to get hm coin from dungeon boxes. Yea, you'll hear the occasional guy getting an oil, or the inevitable reddit post showing someone's fortune but that means squat.

Again, if you're paying for a service, you should feel happy with the service you're paying for. You people act like this is an entitled behavior, like we want NCSOFT to give us the moon. What i'm asking is not out of line. It's a damn decency to allow free swaps of items and costumes as long as your service is up. How is this asking too much? What if you paid for premium internet and your service perks were given to people paying for the budget deals? All they give you is 2 months of free net but what if you take a vacation or don't use your internet during those months?

You'd feel slighted and you'd prolly opt to not continue paying the higher price. I know that analogy isn't perfect but it fits well enough considering a considerable amount of value is lost to premium members. Saying we'll complain is fine, but watch what happens when the complaints stop. THAT'S when you have a problem on your hands. Just be happy people take time to voice their concerns to allow the company to ignore or take heed. 

Regarding the gain of hmcoins per day for premium users, the amount of coins is too little, back in the day I used to play in Taiwan servers of BnS I clearly remember that when u have a premium in a month of just logging in, u accumulate enough currency points to be able to obtain an a free outfit at the very least within that time frame.

I find 15-hmcoins too low of an amount which would take the person to get 1 outfit within 3 months(without selling gold or getting tokens), knowing that the decent outfits are at like 1,2k+ coins.

Making 30-hmcoin per day, premium would be more valuable and worth the price imo.

22 hours ago, YunoGasaiYandere said:

Just keep believing that the new premium is better.:D When I said I would like free mail to an alt option, I didn't say I want to send outfits for free...I want to mail every item free, like mats, legendary jewels etc. And no, we do not have discounted ncoin prices. :DDDD

Archived