Sign in to follow this  
Riss77

AFK fix

Riss77   

Yesterday I was running the event dungeon very late and each time like many people encoutered, there was always some AFK people parking at the entrance.

Worst thing is they clearly did that on purpose, you can notice it when they click on change characters and their char become disconnected right after receiving their chest so no it's no coincidence/crash/loading issue.

So my suggestion is implement something like

- one hit on boss makes you eligible for chest and quest validation.

- or if dps on boss = 0, no loot.

Of course there is the solution to screenshot and mail to support but it is not effective and time consuming for both player and support and even so that's not a solution because support doesn't care right ?

Astarae   

What is "AFK"?

And I often see people getting reading to go into some location congregating at the entrance.  As far as who gets loot or chests -- I thought the game usually divided that among those who were actually fighting and was based on damage contribution?  So if someone did zero damage, they'd get nothing in rewards at the end.  Is this not the case?

Also, when doing a dungeon, I thought each party got its own instance ('cept for solo dungeons that create per-person instances).

Thx & sorry for my ignorance....

Riss77   

AFK is Away From Keyboard but it's also used for someone who is on the game but doing something else on the computer lol.

I'm not 100% sure of the eligible loot algorithm but it looks like that currently it's if you're in the same area as boss even if you didn't contribute, you got the loot and right to bid in the end of dungeons.

For raids, it looks like it's at least 1 hit on boss.

Twan7718   

Yup, leechers, love to hate them. For the event dungeon, really, it's not that big of an issue, it's not like if you kill the viper cap faster the rewards for the party get better. It's always the standard 5 frozen mushrooms from the dynamic quest, and another 3 from taking the quest letter. I've been in high DPS groups that have killed the vipercap in around 30 seconds and been with a bunch of under 40's that take considerably longer.

It's on other dungeons where it's basically a carry where it really pisses me off.

FrozenB   

I agree. Especially if it is just an event dungeon where there is no firewall. There is no reason to be afk at entrance.

"What about other members don't wait for me finish loading and start ahead?" Then, you can quit party and LFP into another one. You won't get locked until the big mushroom is killed.

"What if I LFP into a party that is already killing the mushroom?" There is a button to avoid in the lobby to avoid lfp into progression party. It is player's fault to lfp into this party just like CS or HM.

1 hour ago, Riss77 said:

So my suggestion is implement something like

- one hit on boss makes you eligible for chest and quest validation.

- or if dps on boss = 0, no loot.

I mean I understand where you're coming from, I am not super geared right now so when I was doing Sogun's Lament yesterday, we had an afk'er, but we couldn't kick. Took us about 5 wipes to finally down it because our group was lacking a gear lol so that 6th person would've really helped. The only downfall about this suggestion though is there have also been times where I have loading in slower than others and people pull a boss and I die so I am unable to hit boss.  It sucks either way :( 

Namifish   
23 minutes ago, Twan7718 said:

Yup, leechers, love to hate them. For the event dungeon, really, it's not that big of an issue, it's not like if you kill the viper cap faster the rewards for the party get better. It's always the standard 5 frozen mushrooms from the dynamic quest, and another 3 from taking the quest letter. I've been in high DPS groups that have killed the vipercap in around 30 seconds and been with a bunch of under 40's that take considerably longer.

It's on other dungeons where it's basically a carry where it really pisses me off.

You get less mushrooms if it takes long to kill that ''long'' means around 2 min and over that i have received once only 3-3 mushroom place of the 8 becouse it was 4 chars of lvl 30 or so xD

Namifish   

all they had to do is to put the event on a not map like yeti.... since they annocened this map gonna be event i knew there gonna be afkers would be better solution if they just put different map

The problem extends in more directions than one. There are the afkers. And then there are the pre level 50 characters that directly attack the boss instead of throwing mush at it. Those are the ones that really bring the dps down.

making it so you would have to hit the boss would ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed alot of people out of their mushroom.  if you LFP 9 times out of 10 everyone wont wait for people to come in and just get started with the dng.  People with long loading screens will then get no mushrooms because everyone is already half way through the dng when they finally get in, and by time the boss is dead they are just getting to the room.

On my laptop it takes me 30 seconds to load from the lobby platform into the dungeon. Never missed hitting the mush even once and I've been in tons of groups that don't wait. Most do tho. At least for about a minute. If someone needs a full minute to load from the platform into the dungeon, it's time to swap some parts. And I mean it. [edit] All you need is an i7 2600k and you'll drop to under 20 seconds loading screen.

Edited by MassiveEgo

FrozenB   
48 minutes ago, Namifish said:

You get less mushrooms if it takes long to kill that ''long'' means around 2 min and over that i have received once only 3-3 mushroom place of the 8 becouse it was 4 chars of lvl 30 or so xD

No, killing that "long" won't make a difference in gaining the mushroom from dynamic quest. It is how fast the first person reach the big mushroom. Usually, if you know your class and use the appropriate iframes to go through the mushroom, you should be able to get to giant mushroom in time for 5 mushroom. Yes, I have once received 3 mushrooms with using WL. During that time, everyone was running so slow.

FrozenB   
39 minutes ago, Yousername said:

making it so you would have to hit the boss would ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed alot of people out of their mushroom.  if you LFP 9 times out of 10 everyone wont wait for people to come in and just get started with the dng.  People with long loading screens will then get no mushrooms because everyone is already half way through the dng when they finally get in, and by time the boss is dead they are just getting to the room.

Another long loading screens excuse. You can always quit party if you see people don't wait for you and run ahead. As I mentioned above, you won't get locked from this dungeon until big giant mushroom is killed. Plus, you can't blame other people to run ahead due to your own problem (long loading screen) because everyone has limited time to play game. They can't wait forever for a single person. Also, they don't even know if you are afking or only long loading screen.

If you have long loading screen, isn't it your own responsibility to upgrade your computer? If you don't have money, then you can also make your own event dungeon party in lobby (not lfping) and state that you have long loading screen.

Riss77   
45 minutes ago, Yousername said:

There is truth in what you said but people who aren't waiting are another issue.

Still :

- Is that normal that if you didn't get to the boss you get loot ?

- Is that normal that if you just stand AFK at entrance you get loot ?

I also experienced some dungeons where people didn't wait for boss and when it's like that I just silently leave.

Pimboli   

Effective action should be taken against afk-ers, it's getting really annoying to have them in a party without being able to kick them.

Probably one of the main reasons they allow themselves to go afk is that they know nothing can be done against them (except for fair-players to report them).

May be Auto-kick should be considered as a possible fix in the future, without affecting those who are stuck in loading screen  (there's a system like that in Tera for those who played it, after a certain amount of time of inactivity, players get automatically kicked out of the instance).