Get-up Knockback and Tab Daze - remove them from joint attack

Kozuki

Some classes when knocked down have their get-up skills that causes knock back if they are near the boss. Such as Warlock's 1.

Most classes have their Tab causes Daze.

For get-up Knockback , there is no content using them. If used during bad time, it will hinder necessary CC moments.

For Tab Daze, aside from Zakhan in Ebondrake Citadel, you have virtually no other case where you use Tab Daze. Nowadays, Zakhan's pull does not even needed to be CCed, since his Dark Void attack is no longer one-hit. Like get-up Knockback, bad-timing Tab Daze will hinder necessary CC moments.

While you can just stay still on the floor and get up eventually, I don't see the point. Why you have to waste time lying on the floor for no reason? Isn't getting back to feet to continue to contribute to the fight DPS/mech-wise is the purpose of the recovery skills themselves?

Btw, this change won't affect pvp scenarios.

For a time you could spec out of and in CC skills for tab but the dev's changed it to make the skill tree simpler. Not sure why they did so it makes the skill tree more "lame".

I welcome any change for more skill customization. /thumbsup

As summoner i have tab STUN instead.

but i agree escape skills should't activate cc on boss if it messes up a mechanic.

There is a fix for this.

Make it so that escape CC cannot be used as a joint attack.

Problem solved.  This allows them to function as designed in PVP without them messing up PVE mechanics.

6 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Tab daze is also useful in PVP, especially melee vs melee. A single daze can change the table around in PVP.

Read the title. It is about removing Tab Daze/Get-up Knockback from being a joint attack skill. There is plenty of CC skills that do not contribute to joint attack, a.k.a multi-bar CC, such as Gunner's Bull Rush, Summoner's Beckon...

PvP does not have multi-bar CC, so joint attack is not a concept that pvpers should worry about.

What I suggest here is for such skills to no longer to contribute to multi-bar CC, so that it does not mess up mechanic when required. People from the early age of lv50 patch would still remember that Warlock tries to get up with their 1, just to cause a knockback on Yeti which screws any CC attempt.

6 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

Read the title. It is about removing Tab Daze/Get-up Knockback from being a joint attack skill. There is plenty of CC skills that do not contribute to joint attack, a.k.a multi-bar CC, such as Gunner's Bull Rush, Summoner's Beckon...

PvP does not have multi-bar CC, so joint attack is not a concept that pvpers should worry about.

What I suggest here is for such skills to no longer to contribute to multi-bar CC, so that it does not mess up mechanic when required. People from the early age of lv50 patch would still remember that Warlock tries to get up with their 1, just to cause a knockback on Yeti which screws any CC attempt.

If you get knockdown, then just wait for it to get back up? It is not like your character won't get back up without pressing 1?

Right now, there is no need for join attack tab daze, but who knows what will happen in the future content just like the old EC?

Archived