Is my laptop shit or is something wrong?

Demi832

I decided to get a gaming laptop for bns cause I move around too much for school and other things so I couldn't just build my own pc and comfortably use it in one place. 

it has an Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-7700HQ CPU@2.80hz and i mainly use the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti GDDR5 @ 4.0 GB (128-bit) with 12GB RAM and 1 TB.

A friend of mine advised me to get it and said it should be able to run most games decently well on high graphics or very well on normal graphics but when it comes to blade and soul when I run it on optimized to low-end pc with bns buddy for raids especially it just awful. I've even checked for so many Nvidia control panel settings options and done that but when it comes to raid and sometimes cross server it always has what appears to be fps spikes. The game, unfortunately, isn't as smooth as I see on some people's streams. I should also mention I don't have smooth wifi like it spikes occasionally, could that also be a reason for the stutters and small spikes? the laptop isn't even up to a year old so I'm not really sure where the problem is honestly any help I can get will be very much appreciated. Thanks

It´s the @2.80 hz.

I used to own a laptop with a really crappy graphic card, i7 and @2.60 ghz. Same darn issues as you mentioned above. BnS is very cpu based, especially ghz. I tried a lot of advice, especially "unlocking" all cores to Bns, manually deactivating light/shadow settings and stuff like that - nothing worked. Now I play it on a PC with @3.60 ghz and I have no trouble at all any more.

If you don´t believe me google fps guide blade and soul and try it... sorry I could not write more positive things.

3 hours ago, Eneraia said:

It´s the @2.80 hz.

I used to own a laptop with a really crappy graphic card, i7 and @2.60 ghz. Same darn issues as you mentioned above. BnS is very cpu based, especially ghz. I tried a lot of advice, especially "unlocking" all cores to Bns, manually deactivating light/shadow settings and stuff like that - nothing worked. Now I play it on a PC with @3.60 ghz and I have no trouble at all any more.

If you don´t believe me google fps guide blade and soul and try it... sorry I could not write more positive things.

it didn't have to be positive i really just wanted to know what was wrong but thanks. i've already googled and searched for a lot and still came up with nothing. so your game runs perfectly now? even in raids and all? no issues?

Yep and it definitely wasn´t the graphic card, used nvidia settings to configure especially for BnS.

No issues any more, slight fps drop in raids with tons of skill effects but nothing note-worthy. my chars used to freeze (10 sec screen freeze) on low-end setting (a checkbox in BnS settings). I guess I should uncap it from 60 FPs now (I set a limit). ms bothers me more... my stupid internet^^

Archived