Enemy Silence

PSA: don't buy the upcoming RNG box

Recommended Posts

Now if you're in the group of "i'll do what i want with my hard earned money" then by all means exit this thread and TRY....to refrain from posting below. I know that's hard for you (yes you) but discipline yourself. For everyone else, do not buy these RNG boxes and here is why:

 

1. we still have crappy servers and bugs galore that aren't even being addressed.

2. We didn't even get a proper christmas event and on our christmas they released a trove with crappy RNG.

3. They refuse to acknowledge our frustration with how things are being handled and over all communication is lacking. The only bit of feedback we get is when they stream, advertising the new event.

4. Premium members have been shafted way too long and i doubt people who spent up to level 10 will get properly compensated.

5. Crashing galore, unable to receive daily rewards, terrible optimization (especially noticeable in raids), Mods giving biased treatment of players (support related), poor matchmaking/terrible/crashy 6v6.

6. arena boosters not being addressed

7. No way to deal with AFKers and issue not being addressed

8. RNG boxes being dangerously close to a scam and the lack of integrity and shear audacity of ncwest to have another cash event right after trove, when trove was on christmas like GEEZ!

9. failure to compensate the players that bought outdated/useless items from the cash shop before they were removed.

10. combat mode bug..........

11. failure to update or even acknowledge the input and playability issues, players who use controllers have.

 

I'm positive there are many more so feel free to post below to add on to why we shouldn't continue to support a company that obviously see's it's community as unimportant. I'm not speaking for a vocal minority here. Just because you may enjoy the game doesn't mean you have to ignore it's glaring issues and unfair lack of dev support. I "WAS" one of the whales and spent thousands so i know both sides of the fence. I'm not speaking out my neck here, so don't treat me like i am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xInikox   

But the fact is, they're still going to buy it lol. You can list all the reasons you want and your poor experience but like you even said, it's their money. So yes they can decide what to spend it on. It's an RNG box, which means nothing is guaranteed. So they willingly will spend money knowing this already.

 

Theres been a ton of posts like this one and people will still spend money and NC will still make profit off of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Milennin   

Wasn't planning to anyway. Will save my money for when they sell something that's worth getting that isn't a >1% chance to find, or for the next trove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZDestiny   

I personally am not a 'big spender'. I only invested at the beginning till something fishy started with NCWest handling the game. After receiving several replies from them, either on news or ticket, I decided to stop investing into this game, because I don't support their way of handling the game keeping West release quality in proper health. There are tons of people who still believe the game is in a good shape, It depends on how you look at the numbers I suppose.

 

I have been inactive for 1 year by now.  Just playing very casual without issues keeping up with the pace, because I know my ways in F5 better than the majority.

 

Oh and I play on the worst version of BnS called EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pft as if the trove wasn't rng boxy enough.

 

@ZDestiny We don't play on the worst. It's about the same as NA. Problem is (if one can call it that), that we have different values. We don't indulge into the capitalistic deceptions that govern the US. And with these prerequisites in play, we perceive our localisation as worse. NC simply doesn't have the flexibility to customize the game in a way that we are comfortable spending for and praising. In short, they don't know what we want. They only know the metrics. And metrics are what CEOs care about.

Edited by MassiveEgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not going to stop the money laundering whales from buying them. That's where most of the profits are coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit i for one will buy this RNG chest since it comes with other costumes too that i missed cause im a returning player its a good opportunity to contine collecting costumes again.

 

i dont mind spending as long as im having fun, i just save extra money for my gaming and most for my bills.

 

and i dont consider myself a “Whale” i just love collecting costumes >,> 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OrinWolf   

I love the costumes as well but this practice needs to stop, you are considering that you will buy the rng boxes and get something but you will get effed over at one point and you will not get the costume that you want because it will be forever blocked behind a paywall. Please people consider that not everyone has the cash to dump into shit boxes and a lot more people would buy the costumes even at an increased price.

Edited by OrinWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Showta   

OP's list isn't wrong at all, but there isn't a single thing in the world that'll make them fix any of that.
They'd literally rather let the game die then fix any of it. No joke, no exaggeration. They just don't care.
You could hand them 10 million dollars and they'll still act poor and do RNG events for even more money and then STILL not fix a damn thing lmao
So if you're one of those types who spends money thinking "well if it'll help the server!!" WAKE UP, that's not where your money is going. That will never be where your money is going!! lol

 

Now,

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RNG FOR THIS OUTFIT, HERE IS WHAT YOU DO.

 

Don't RNG, just buy it from marketplace.

If it's like Rosethorn event, then the main piece will be buyable from market. Just do that instead.
However, just like Rosethorn, this set also requires all pieces to unlock its emot. So if you want the full set then sorry suzy and jack but you're going to be shelling out a considerable amount of cash. That's the way love goes.

I'm someone who only specifically spends cash in BnS for costumes. If it's RNG, I just don't buy it. I don't buy the boxes, I don't trove, I just skip it. I take the L. But they don't get my cash so at least there's that. If more of you did that you wouldn't see as many of these events. Keep things in perspective. Is a digital costume really worth $30+?? How many times will you wear it? Would you rather spend that cash at a chance for a costume or go buy something fun or delicious with that money IRL? Pick IRL and relax.

 

I'm sorry they chose such a scummy route again, but if you guys didn't eat up the Rosethorn event like you did then none of you would be in this position again. Better luck next time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Statler   
vor 16 Stunden schrieb Enemy Silence:

We didn't even get a proper christmas event and on our christmas they released a trove with crappy RNG.

Not to mention we dont even got a christmas decoration even they only had to add the same one from last year. We  where not even worth this little bit of gratitude for spending our money in this game.

I dont know a single multiplayer game that doenst had any christmas decoration or event.

 

Also theres another danger. When NC-Soft notice, they can sell outfits with crappy rippoff rng boxes, they wil continue with this shit in future and we will only get new outfits with this rng shit.

 

Hopefully Belgium will be successfull with this anti rng lootbox law they are planing.

I dont have problems with spending money in a game i like, but not when i feel i get ripped off and only get 99.9% useless crap

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   
14 hours ago, Statler said:

Hopefully Belgium will be successfull with this anti rng lootbox law they are planing.

I dont have problems with spending money in a game i like, but not when i feel i get ripped off and only get 99.9% useless crap

This will not solve anything. We will have 9999 coin bundles with the single thing what we want + 99 other things what is useless.

Edited by KzE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ylkrad   

Well, if not many people pay for the product, be it premium membership, rng boxes ( which they have at least given tokens to direct buy them- be it a bad rate or market) or trove, then do you want the servers to go down? ultimately this game is built to make money- all online games are- since the game does not run on compliments and fan service- some of it can for the human aspect, but there still needs to be an income. RNG boxes should stay, but should be much more forgiving overall, be it a better rate at costumes or value of items, just be glad raid items are not being sold directly besides raven mats in events- it would really kill the game if there was no effort to play. so for their cosmetics- i dig it. its what most of the community in any other gameing platform want and don't mind- it's when pay to progress or content locked material is behind a paywall, thats when it's wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fufia   
1 hour ago, Ylkrad said:

Well, if not many people pay for the product, be it premium membership, rng boxes ( which they have at least given tokens to direct buy them- be it a bad rate or market) or trove, then do you want the servers to go down? ultimately this game is built to make money- all online games are- since the game does not run on compliments and fan service- some of it can for the human aspect, but there still needs to be an income. RNG boxes should stay, but should be much more forgiving overall, be it a better rate at costumes or value of items, just be glad raid items are not being sold directly besides raven mats in events- it would really kill the game if there was no effort to play. so for their cosmetics- i dig it. its what most of the community in any other gameing platform want and don't mind- it's when pay to progress or content locked material is behind a paywall, thats when it's wrong.

I like BS but I'm not addicted so My answer is yes. I prefer see the servers go down than continue to see this abuse lack of respect and greed for NCS.maybe they learn something and change in the next game.

And do not be naive NCS have other ways to make money. If they can not make money without RNG Box they are incompetents.

No RNG Box should not stay they must die. If they stay they must have the same rules that casinos and gambling sites.

And it's not just because it's cosmetic that stops being gambling. If casinos made the slot machines drop a candy every time you play is not gambling any more?

 

" just be glad raid items are not being sold directly" 

really? for what? For NCS do not be totally stupid and know very well how to get the most money out of our pockets.

Yea sure im fully glad (sarcasm)

 

17 hours ago, Statler said:

Hopefully Belgium will be successfull with this anti rng lootbox law they are planing.

I dont have problems with spending money in a game i like, but not when i feel i get ripped off and only get 99.9% useless crap

I agree but it will take years and EU is a very bad place to start this. many countries all with different rules about online gambling.

I think this guy from Hawaii have better chance but is America and they love capitalism so I'm not sure if they're interested in changing this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Statler   
vor 10 Minuten schrieb Fufia:

I agree but it will take years and EU is a very bad place to start this. many countries all with different rules about online gambling.

Well most Countries in EU have laws about gambling but these laws dont include lootboxes from games. Also many Countries dont like Microtransactions and RNG Lootboxes and count them dangerous for children.  

So i'll guess Belgium would have a good chance to get this law passed through but as you already mentioned, it will take years :/

 

At least its our own fault, "we" still pay for trove regardless how bad the droprate is. When i where NC-Soft, i would also try how much i can ripp off players and how long they are willing to pay for crap ;) So as long as "We" pay the crap, they will  maybe reduce droprates down to non existent sometimes...

Edited by Statler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ylkrad said:

Well, if not many people pay for the product, be it premium membership, rng boxes ( which they have at least given tokens to direct buy them- be it a bad rate or market) or trove, then do you want the servers to go down?

How about they use methods for selling goods that aren't irritating instead? If we start playing this "my way or the highway" game, NC will lose it. Why? Because the playerbase (at least in the EU) is not as willing as you think when it comes to bending their knee. If we had a store that sold clothing here and they handed you a box which contains one of eight shirts in it, the shop will go out of business in two months flat. FLAT! Calculated certainty is necessary when it comes to justifiable expenses. And we are talking about investing in pixels here. If they want ME personally to give them my money, they'll have to sell me EXACTLY the pixels I want, or we have no deal. It's that simple. There are literally a thousand things which I can invest in atm. Just look at yahoo stock market, it's a gold mine. But I choose to buy a costume in a game. And when I do so, they want to only sell me the chance to get it? Yeaaaaah, no. 

To sum it up, they have two routes - the route they currently take, which banks on a limited number of outfits being rotated over obscenely long periods of time, or the route where they actually put some effort into creating a much larger variety of cosmetics and putting them for direct sales. It's not that complex. Make a doodle for the overall art of the item, put in an ingame survey so you know what people think about it and what the potential interest is (you can estimate the truthfulness based on different metrics). They even have the platform to do it. But doing all this just to earn money? What kind of company does work in order to get money? #Sarcasm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't matter what reasons you will give, People will always buys them and then they cry in forums about how unlucky or talk about how scam they are, You will see, It's like this since release of rng boxes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Doesn't matter what reasons you will give, People will always buys them and then they cry in forums about how unlucky or talk about how scam they are, You will see, It's like this since release of rng boxes...

or they send a ticket to support and they get 8k coins back as collateral just for being loyal and spending thousands on the game :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ylkrad   

If they sold everything as a direct buy, the game would die off for "you got what you want- now not gonna pay for anything else" or" no difficulty besides ones wallet even for a raid." some rng boxes should stay, but really be worthwhile overall- an overhaul is warranted- but they can have the rng boxes up, for a much cheaper prices vs the direct buy at the same time for a decent amount.

 

If you are one of those people who want this game to shutdown for selfish reasons? just to prove a point and give ncsoft the middle finger? isn't that being ignorant cause people actually play this game for the enjoyment and fun it has? If you can't find that here, why are you writing on the forums? cause you put a couple dollars on a rng box ( not gambling- since there is always a payout- not insignificant like a casino with a piece of candy- those are two completely different comparisons since the in game rng boxes are costumes- or costumes- not costumes or candy).

 

The concept of gambling is chance yes- but the real concept of gambleing is putting money into something- to get money out for a profit- not only that to counter your argument for gambling laws with rng boxes- you get an automatic payout- maybe not what you want, but it's an item that is the same category. But i do hop ncsoft does make it more cheaper or accessible to even free to plays for outfits- how should people pay ncsoft then in your opinion? they have to lease an office or two- the power bill, labor with the several divisions of the company, to actually give the people who make our joy and dreams rewarded for a good product, this could be better, however something needs to be in the game to promote the hmcoin and ncoin currency-- but no, you guys just expect a free to play to be free without any repercussions and that's it.

 

Please learn, this company is a business, and the games are products- if you want free rng boxes- go play overwatch after you pay your admission fee. do you really want blade and soul to be a subscription to actualy play the game like wow? i guess you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ylkrad   
3 hours ago, nonistaicho said:

or they send a ticket to support and they get 8k coins back as collateral just for being loyal and spending thousands on the game :)

some people voice their opinion on trove or rng boxes and ncsoft bends their way, i have no bias since its a case by case basis. more power to you if ncsoft goes your way- but what point is it if a good chunk of people here vote to kill the game anyway? there is a reason this game isn't for teenagers- the boxes are not for minors but young people still play it, this is a M rated game- thus the playerbase should have chores- or jobs, or hobbys that pay? the game isnt shakeing you down for a payment, tis is all optional- the costumes offer no stats, and trove is actualy good for the playerbase since if you cant buy trove- the f5 auction house goes on clearance sale so even free to plays can benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   
On 1/5/2018 at 11:22 PM, Enemy Silence said:

Now if you're in the group of "i'll do what i want with my hard earned money" then by all means exit this thread and TRY....to refrain from posting below. I know that's hard for you (yes you) but discipline yourself. For everyone else, do not buy these RNG boxes and here is why:

 

1. we still have crappy servers and bugs galore that aren't even being addressed.

2. We didn't even get a proper christmas event and on our christmas they released a trove with crappy RNG.

3. They refuse to acknowledge our frustration with how things are being handled and over all communication is lacking. The only bit of feedback we get is when they stream, advertising the new event.

4. Premium members have been shafted way too long and i doubt people who spent up to level 10 will get properly compensated.

5. Crashing galore, unable to receive daily rewards, terrible optimization (especially noticeable in raids), Mods giving biased treatment of players (support related), poor matchmaking/terrible/crashy 6v6.

6. arena boosters not being addressed

7. No way to deal with AFKers and issue not being addressed

8. RNG boxes being dangerously close to a scam and the lack of integrity and shear audacity of ncwest to have another cash event right after trove, when trove was on christmas like GEEZ!

9. failure to compensate the players that bought outdated/useless items from the cash shop before they were removed.

10. combat mode bug..........

11. failure to update or even acknowledge the input and playability issues, players who use controllers have.

 

I'm positive there are many more so feel free to post below to add on to why we shouldn't continue to support a company that obviously see's it's community as unimportant. I'm not speaking for a vocal minority here. Just because you may enjoy the game doesn't mean you have to ignore it's glaring issues and unfair lack of dev support. I "WAS" one of the whales and spent thousands so i know both sides of the fence. I'm not speaking out my neck here, so don't treat me like i am.

I agree with your list.

 

Hopefully, these issues will be addressed since our in-game content only has less than a year gap differences from KR server. (Game content update patches will be slower than before) So that the Devas can spend more time with the current game issues than dealing with continuous new patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fufia   
2 hours ago, Ylkrad said:

If you are one of those people who want this game to shutdown for selfish reasons? just to prove a point and give ncsoft the middle finger? isn't that being ignorant cause people actually play this game for the enjoyment and fun it has? If you can't find that here, why are you writing on the forums? cause you put a couple dollars on a rng box

I'm sure I gave 3 reasons in the previous post. Dont know why you come with this "selfish reasons and middle finger" isn't that being ignorant?

I do not play this game for around 5 months and i writing on the forums because i still like the game and i come here from time to time to see what's new and if NCS started to pay attention to customers. Do you have any problems with that? I think you have.

But not even the story make me want to re-install the game.

 

2 hours ago, Ylkrad said:

The concept of gambling is chance yes- but the real concept of gambleing is putting money into something- to get money out for a profit

Ok if you go read the law ofc you get thousand excuses. That is why governments are trying to change the law they know this is gambling but the laws are outdated.

 

2 hours ago, Ylkrad said:

you get an automatic payout- maybe not what you want, but it's an item that is the same category

 

2 hours ago, Ylkrad said:

not insignificant like a casino with a piece of candy- those are two completely different comparisons since the in game rng boxes are costumes- or costumes- not costumes or candy).

You sure you play BS? same category item and costumes or costumes what?

Man most of RNG Box  i see in this game have few items that everyone wants and lots of items that are junk and no one wants. You call this same category itens?

So i think the candy is not so diferent for junk. But is just a example you can change the candy for any thing better if you like.

 

2 hours ago, Ylkrad said:

they have to lease an office or two- the power bill, labor with the several divisions of the company, to actually give the people who make our joy and dreams rewarded for a good product, this could be better, however something needs to be in the game to promote the hmcoin and ncoin currency-- but no, you guys just expect a free to play to be free without any repercussions and that's it.

Yea sure anything you want Sr.

Do you really believe what you are saying?

 

3 hours ago, Ylkrad said:

Please learn, this company is a business, and the games are products- if you want free rng boxes- go play overwatch after you pay your admission fee. do you really want blade and soul to be a subscription to actualy play the game like wow? i guess you do.

Yes you definitely have a problem!

Please learn that companys dont need RNG Box to survive. They only use them to trick customers and get more money out of your pocket.

" if you want free rng boxes" again What are you talking? I say in the previous post " they must die" i dont want pay or free I WANT THEY DIE/DISAPPEAR

 

Tks for the overwatch recommendation but no tks FPS games are not my thing.

You dont like subscription games? I can assure you that most of them are much fair and companies care much more about customers. I guess you think this is a bad thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Showta   
3 hours ago, Ylkrad said:

The concept of gambling is chance yes- but the real concept of gambleing is putting money into something- to get money out for a profit- not only that to counter your argument for gambling laws with rng boxes- you get an automatic payout- maybe not what you want, but it's an item that is the same category. But i do hop ncsoft does make it more cheaper or accessible to even free to plays for outfits- how should people pay ncsoft then in your opinion? they have to lease an office or two- the power bill, labor with the several divisions of the company, to actually give the people who make our joy and dreams rewarded for a good product, this could be better, however something needs to be in the game to promote the hmcoin and ncoin currency-- but no, you guys just expect a free to play to be free without any repercussions and that's it.

7


It's gambling. LOL
If you only want the costume and nothing else, then you're gambling for the costume.

In my case I actually play the game, so I don't need any of the mats from RNG boxes since I can just get them for free via playing the game. It's only the costume I want which if it's not sellable on the market, then I can't get it without gambling for it. Which I refuse to do-you're damn right I'll watch the server shut down right before my very eyes before I fork over even 10 cents to start gambling like I've lost my mind.

I buy the yearly masterpacks and whatever costumes come out and those are my donations. I don't have to give them $100 every month just because I like the game-at that point, it isn't F2P anymore is it. At that point, I'd just be playing myself. LOL
I don't have any problem with everyone else funding it though, feel free to!
But for those of us who'd prefer not to I just recommend sticking to their guns and not doing it. It's not like that's the only option available

I think them making costumes others gamble for available in the market is the best route to take and actually think they should do this all the time
That way, those who gamble and get extra outfits they don't want can make a profit from selling it and those who don't wish to gamble can get it easily without gambling
If they're smart, they'll make this new full set sellable via the market. That way there can't be any room for discomfort other than how expensive other players make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, nonistaicho said:

or they send a ticket to support and they get 8k coins back as collateral just for being loyal and spending thousands on the game :)

No one gives anything back... Don't be delusional. There wasn't a single case where they "Refunded" something back for participating in "RNG Boxes"...

No Proof = Never happened

Edited by SayhaSeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xInikox   
24 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

No one gives anything back... Don't be delusional. There wasn't a single case where they "Refunded" something back for participating in "RNG Boxes"...

No Proof = Never happened

It was literally all over the BnS Reddit lmao. Someone contacted support complaining about the Trove and got 8k coins back and an apology. Happened another time but I don't believe it was 8k. Still in the thousands though. 

 

Then someone else made the same complaint regarding Trove, and received a response from the same GM (who refunded someone 8k coins) saying they couldn't do anything for them and that it was working as intended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xInikox said:

It was literally all over the BnS Reddit lmao. Someone contacted support complaining about the Trove and got 8k coins back and an apology. Happened another time but I don't believe it was 8k. Still in the thousands though. 

 

Then someone else made the same complaint regarding Trove, and received a response from the same GM (who refunded someone 8k coins) saying they couldn't do anything for them and that it was working as intended. 

Inspect element is also a powerful thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now