PSA: don't buy the upcoming RNG box

Enemy Silence

On 1/9/2018 at 4:47 AM, xInikox said:

Posted the thread link then saw a comment of a member who was warned for posting it lmao. It's on the Reddit if you'd like to see it.

[removed images violating the CoC - please refrain from posting actual conversation, but you may recap the content - PhoenixMitra]

As well seeing things like this and many more 'dubious' activities in their staff. I lost gold once because of a game BUG, which was confirmed by them that it was a bug. Refunds? NO all I got as an answer was that I should be happy I didn't lose more gold. Someone who loses on gambling with troves/boxes gets his/her things partly refunded.

If you love the game so much, why are you complaining about the rng boxes and just want the game to shutdown? how is that loving the game? You uninstalled regardless and want more people to just boycott with you to ruin a company for your own enjoyment. you are trying to do something over property you do not own, and fake pixels at that.

I do agree there needs to be a change- i am not against it- But please explain how you would fix the problem of replacing the rng boxes--  The direct buy items will only go so far and kill the game off faster if not done right. But that would make them create more items for us- soooo could work probably. However have checked other subscription games-- they are not doing too well off either- and they do have direct buy items, and people still complain after all. every game has their own problem, be glad our's isn't worse.

I been around the block of mmo's and micro transactions for 13 years- games come and go down for various reasons- neglection, unfair prices- licensing issues- or more, we do have the better of the bunch, nobody is perfect,no company is perfect... no way to please everyone, not even me,just because the game is free to play- does not mean it's free to run and upkeep and host.

I do agree costumes should be bound on equip and sold on f5 or earned through hard work in game without chance, but this is comedic, not functional items you are arguing about-- if they hid the raid items for your aransu badge behind a paywall- yes that would be incredibly wrong- but it's just cosmetics, but since ncsoft promotes the showroom off- there needs to be a way for everyone to get the outfit they want within ability of the player and that player alone.

3 hours ago, Ylkrad said:

II do agree there needs to be a change- i am not against it- But please explain how you would fix the problem of replacing the rng boxes--  The direct buy items will only go so far and kill the game off faster if not done right. But that would make them create more items for us- soooo could work probably.

RNG boxes kill games in the long run. Player retention is lower when all the cool vanity is pretty much shop exclusive and on top of that in an rng box, meaning you have to pay for uncertainty. Who exactly is this someone who complains about the lack of rng boxes? Go mine me some original well supported threads in reddit. Not made from a sock puppet acc 2 hours from now.

That aside, when the player retention is lower and the game has an extensive grind to end of current gear progression, does that sound to you like an active and healthy end game? In all honesty f2p model needs to die or be kept to phone games. Everything was just fine before they strongarmed it into PC MMOs. Neither L2, nor WoW, nor GW was struggling, despite one of them being basically diablo2 on steroids and the other two being addictive themeparks. Hell even Neverwinter Nights was going strong, together with the rest of the old schoolies (Ultima and EQ mainly, even L1). Lack of information pushed people to try new f2p MMOs, thinking it's going to be the same as a p2p game but without the sub (charity much :LUL:). Players shifted from p2p MMOs to f2p ones and Mobas, pushing the p2p titles to go f2p. And now we are stuck with this defunct unfulfilling world setting where everything goes against common sense and relies on Stockholm syndrome to keep the gig going.

In order to "fix" this, we'll have to kill off the f2p model one sidedly. Make all f2p games on PC unprofitable. There's no other way to starve the f2p model and the p2w and rng trends that drive it.

I know that my English is not the best. but you do not want  understand and you tend to put words that i not say in my mouth.

"If you love the game so much" i just say i like the game 

"why are you complaining about the rng boxes and just want the game to shutdown?" I never day i want the game shutdow i say this -  (I prefer see the servers go down than continue to see this abuse lack of respect and greed) Can you see the difference?

"you uninstalled regardless and want more people to just boycott with you to ruin a company for your own enjoyment. you are trying to do something over property you do not own, and fake pixels at that." I dont know where did you get this idea!? but you are wrong. just because i dont like RNG Box and I think they should disappear you think i try boycott and ruin a company? lol

"but this is comedic, not functional items you are arguing about" I never talk in just cosmetic i talk in RNG Box and you sure you dont have functional items in RNG Box and Trove? i think you need check better what you can get.

Like you can see no poit in talk to you if every time i answer you i have to be pointing out things that you invent.

In addition to all the reasons mentioned by the OP, I refuse to buy these boxes because I am sick and tired of the wing adornments in this game being not only stuck behind a wall of RNG for the most part, but we are also forced to only ever wear them with the costume that supposedly goes with them. For this reason even though I love wings I have refused to go out on a limb to try to get them. PLEASE remove this restriction from the wings and STOP putting them behind a paywall!

Cant we just have the pretty, angelic featherd wings from China instead of this stuff? They actually sit on your back instead of floating ten feet away, which looks stupid!

@KiraKamelia

It's removed by mods, i won't re-post it.

@TecoTek

Spending money on boxes/trove knowing in the end that it's a gamble that you win goods or lose all.

Person A should get a special treatment because he spends a lot of money by choice and end up with bad luck?

Person B should NOT get a special treatment because he spends a lot of money (indirectly)  and end up with bad luck?

Here is my version of a bug that caused gold loss. I will be using a random value for it and on top of that i am not a big spender.

I lose 10k gold because of a game bug. Confirmed bug and Forward to Devs.

Should I get 10k gold refunded? Because they confirmed the patch bugged the game which caused me to lose gold and they are not able to fix it for me manually.

So nothing is strange right? That a person that made a choice to throw gold/money into gambling gets a partly refund, while I didn't choose to throw  away 10k gold and get nothing restored.

I ticket them 3 times about the case, their last reply was that I should be happy I didn't lose more than what I lost. The actually value is lower than 10k, but the max value I could have lost was around 4k gold. Because someone in NCWest Staff didn't do his/her job checking bugs before patching... It's not the first time either.

1 hour ago, ZDestiny said:

I ticket them 3 times about the case, their last reply was that I should be happy I didn't lose more than what I lost. The actually value is lower than 10k, but the max value I could have lost was around 4k gold. Because someone in NCWest Staff didn't do his/her job checking bugs before patching... It's not the first time either.

I remember topics about this particular situation. Seems like they have priorities when it comes to keeping people pleased. I guess it comes with the territory?

1 hour ago, MassiveEgo said:

I remember topics about this particular situation. Seems like they have priorities when it comes to keeping people pleased. I guess it comes with the territory?

Yes, they have priorities on who to screw over even when NC is blamed for causing the mess up. I don't mind if they give a special privilegde to those who spend tons of money,

I have some trouble to bypass their blockade on support atm. Ye, i cannot log into their sites normally, because someone is stupid when I explained them my IP can be different when i move city to city or even out of  the country for work... but w/e. Seems hard for them to grasp, so i gave up to bother getting the access unblocked since I did find a hole in their blockade which i used as I typed this post.

so i can't fetch the exact words they used on the ticket reply. Along the line it went like this:

they won't refund me because they won't handle a single case for refund manually (yes they can refund me, they refuse to do it). While they are handling tons of single cases like restoring weapons/soul pet stages, class gear transfering, restoring rng boxes/trove keys, give bonus hmc on players with poor luck. you name it. Also all those single cases are not caused by bug, but players own decision. (i do get the upg reverting though)

I think it's called hypocrisy, but I could be wrong.

Archived