Blade and Soul 2nd Anniversary Event- Thoughts?

xInikox

Stream link: 

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-2nd-anniversary-festival-on-january-17/

Summary of what will come:

Anniversary Event

(Festival gift pack, free to obtain in the HM store once per account)

Purity outfit and adornment (and possibly more)

(Obtainable by completing daily dungeons/challenges, can be received in Dragon express along with other items)

New Premium Membership

("We’re revamping Premium Membership to remove the complexity of the Premium Points/Tiers system, and improve the bonuses it provides.")

Costume Customization

Silver Saberfang outfit Chest (RNG box)

System and Item improvements ("Reduction to the Seraph/Baleful weapon upgrade costs, additional Daily Challenge quest choices, crafting updates, and Legendary Accessory token consolidation/cost reduction, among others")

Return to the Blackram Supply Chain

("Relive Blade & Soul’s launch by returning to a limited-time special event version of Blackram Supply Chain. Characters over level 50 will be challenged to an updated version of this classic, and able to collect special daily rewards from it.")

UPDATE:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/2nd-anniversary-item-systems-changes/

Just new information released on more of what we can expect. 

Summary: 

More weapon/accessory information

"You'll be able to purchase Obsidian Gems for Solar Energy in the Dragon Express, we’ve increased the drop rate of Transcendence Engines in Irontech Forge, and overall are reducing Baleful/Seraph weapon upgrade costs by reducing the amount of Transformation Stones needed (for Stage 6-7) and removing the need for Premium Transformation Stones but offsetting by increasing the amount of standard Transformation Stones needed (for Stage 8-12)."

Daily Challenge Quest Choices

You can now choose 9 quests to complete a day, rather than 3. You can complete any 3 to earn the reward. 

3v3 Tag Match Rating Changes

"In this update we’re changing the 3v3 Tag Match team ratings to better account for differences in the individual player ratings, and end matches with a more representative win/loss change"

Draken Legendary Accessory Upgrades

Legendary Draken accessory tokens are being removed (Zakhans claw, Acrimor's Wing, Hands of Xanos or Lord of the Flame's Horns.) and replaced with a new item, Draken Core instead. 

Use 200 DC (Draken Cores) to get stage 1:

-Tiger bracelet chest

-Eternity belt

-Destiny Ring

-Oath Necklace

-Divine Dragon bracelet chest 

You can now salvage stage 10 items to receive a Red/Blue Dragon Crux. 

"A Dragon Crux can be used to upgrade the seed item for the next generation of Legendary Accessory to Stage 1."

Legendary Jewel/Element Alternate Cost

Can now be purchased via Dragon Express for 10 gold, 30 soul stone crystals, and 15 sacred crystals. 

Crafting System Update

Reduced cost for Void Fragments, brilliant keys, Ascendance stones and Silver Cauldron's tradable potion chest. 

Also providing Guild Supplies when crafting normal recipes, and a random amount of Lucky Guild Boxes when crafting Masterwork or Trade recipes. 

New recipes:

-Earthseer charms

-Forgekeeper Phantom Weapon Chests 

-Acquired Taste Meat Dumplings

"And more"

Update:

Patch overview

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/2nd-anniversary-festival-patch-notes-overview/

Click the link(s) for more information. 

Thoughts?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb xInikox:

New Premium Membership

Well im curious what will be since most off the premium advantages where taken away in the past. So i hope for some cool new stuff. Atm the only reason for keeping premium is the closet for costumes. So when the Closet become f2p i will decide weather i keep premium or not, depending on the new System.

Costume Customization

Will be nice but very expensive. From pictures i saw it will take the same materials like you need for your clan-uniform and we all know at least one material is only available through f10 or very expensiv on the market.

Silver Saberfang outfit Chest (RNG box)

after NC-Soft decided we are not worth a holliday-decoration for christmas i'm a bit dissapointed, but not realy surprised, that they add another cashevent for their 2nd anniversery. 

System and Item improvements ("Reduction to the Seraph/Baleful weapon upgrade costs, additional Daily Challenge quest choices, crafting updates, and Legendary Accessory token consolidation/cost reduction, among others")

Not realy a surprise and i dont mind, as long as stuff wont get more expensive for old players like the change of draken assesouirs. Old players on Stage 6 need an additional breakthrough. Also it will make it more easy to gear up alt-chars.

What i still wonder about, will there be tokens added for the legendary gloves? I know so many people with 200-300+ runs who never even saw them drop once, so droprate seems to be non existend.

It was one of my favorit dungeons in the early stages of the game between level 45-50 when you still needed to farm these dungeons to upgrade your weapon.

So yes, im looking forward to this new dungeon. Sadly it will be avaialable only for a limited time. 

In my opinion they could add a permanent level 55 version of all 3 moonwater dungeons (Supply chain, Bloodshade Harbour and Naruy Labyrinth).

I might have a slight problem with the Silver Saberfang Chest. I foresee it being like the Rosethorn Chest back in October, and I wasn't comfortable with the way that "event" was presented. If I remember correctly, the salvaged Rosethorn fabric was not "bound to account" so there was no way to transfer those fabrics to alts if you wanted to. Although, it seems that the salvaged fabric in this Silver Saberfang event can be used to get the actual Silver Saberfang costume, unlike the Rosethorn Chest event where the Rosethorn costume was pure RNG from the chests. Given that, I hope the salvaged fabric in this event will be "bound to account" and not "untradeable."

The Costume Customization System has me a bit perturbed. Instead of this, I was hoping NCWest would address the Weapon Storage issue that I and several others have mentioned since its introduction. There are probably more threads about it, but these were the ones I found in a search:

3 hours ago, xInikox said:

("Relive Blade & Soul’s launch by returning to a limited-time special event version of Blackram Supply Chain. Characters over level 50 will be challenged to an updated version of this classic, and able to collect special daily rewards from it."

If the dungeon will be anything like the one KR got, I hope it will because it looked fun as hell when I watched some streamers in it, then that means even those with whale gear will have a hard time clearing it since everyone's gear gets scaled. 

As far as the rng box goes, I'm not surprised at all. I guess from now on they will make you get limited time costumes from rng boxes instead of directly buying it. This one is ugly anyway imo but the wings look cool.

Following the structure of the article:

1) Free stuffs are cool. Just don't add a lot of Naryu Coin bundle in it, lol.

The way they said about joining the celebration with Dailies and Challenges make me think this will be a purple dungeon train. One of the most tiring event type.

2) Blackram Supply Chain - Gonna be a pain for some classes due to having gear disabled, especially focus-hungry ones.

3) Costume Custom - Not many info about it, but sound exciting enough. However, most of outfits that are available for costumes would be expensive ones (Phoenix, Rosethorn, Tiger...)

4) New Premiumship Bonus - I think they will take on the model of BnS Taiwan. Daily HMcoin daily, removed Venture Tokens or reduce HMcoin gain from them (pissing off win-traders mainly), stat bonus (help dealing with lv55 stat scaling)...

5)  Systems & Item Improvements - cool quality of life improvement. And hell yeah further weapon cost reduction.

6) Silver Saberfang Chest 

cdc.jpg

11 hours ago, xInikox said:

New Premium Membership

("We’re revamping Premium Membership to remove the complexity of the Premium Points/Tiers system, and improve the bonuses it provides.")

Bit concern about this does this mean we lost our rank? and the past rank shall not mean anything anymore? getting rank 10 and it just get wiped?

Not sure I am liking this

1 hour ago, LaraKelly said:

Bit concern about this does this mean we lost our rank? and the past rank shall not mean anything anymore? getting rank 10 and it just get wiped?

Not sure to be honest, I'm sure it'll be announced with more detail eventually or we'll just have to see when it comes the 17th. Good question though. 

5 hours ago, LaraKelly said:

Premium = Premium. Level 1 or 5 or 10 doesnt matter. Everyone will have the same bonus.

Premium-Level 7+ will probably get more Premium time, like the russians do.

Google-Translated Russian Premium changes.

New premium bonuses is great. as a free player I'm hoping that it will enable them to finally free the wardrobe to the public. Storage stress isn't getting any better and frankly I'm really sick of it.

I don't think Seraph/Baleful needs any further discounts.
..same for basic legendaries.

Revamped Supply Chain. that's a wonderful idea! well, depending on execution of course. I would love for more old content to be brought back to our level.

Crafting updates .. would be nice to have a good and usable crafting system, but not getting my hopes up.

Costume customization is a fun idea. Instead of them recoloring outfits and releasing them as something new, we can do that ourselves now :D ..just hoping it won't be absurdly expensive.

Silver Saberfang lottery box.. we all know where this is going, if you're not ready to lose don't gamble.
I do like that eyes adornment though.

.. the cake hat looks dumb ^^

6 minutes ago, Trilioh said:

Revamped Supply Chain. that's a wonderful idea! well, depending on execution of course. I would love for more old content to be braught back to our level.

It will be normal Supply Chain, but our chars will be gimped. Meaning, our stats are adjusted. Destroyer has like 15k HP, FM 10k etc. Expect to do like 10k, maybe even less, IDK, DPS :D

4 hours ago, amokk said:

Premium = Premium. Level 1 or 5 or 10 doesnt matter. Everyone will have the same bonus.

Premium-Level 7+ will probably get more Premium time, like the russians do.

Google-Translated Russian Premium changes.

So from there I get this:

Premium for owners of 7-10 levels 
Until October 24 in the game there were players who raised their Premium level to 7th and higher. 
These users, as we wrote earlier, will receive additional days of Premium status. 

7 days of Premium status in addition to players who have (up to October 23 inclusive) 7-9 level Premium

14 days of Premium status in addition to players who have (up to and including October 23) 10 Premium level

So level 10 only get a puny 14 days extra? 
very disappointed! I got many free 7 days for just events etc....now level 10 only gets 2 x 7 days free?

52 minutes ago, LaraKelly said:

So from there I get this:

So level 10 only get a puny 14 days extra? 
very disappointed! I got many free 7 days for just events etc....now level 10 only gets 2 x 7 days free?

I was wondering the same. Maybe RU had to spend less, I don't know. 14 days for premium10 sounds pretty weak.

13 hours ago, amokk said:

I was wondering the same. Maybe RU had to spend less, I don't know. 14 days for premium10 sounds pretty weak.

Agreed. Not sure if it'll be the same in NA/EU but if it is, it's a bit disappointing. 

I've seen a few people in these forums complaining or at the very least, pointing out that NC didn't bother to decorate the towns with Holiday-related paraphernalia, etc. Like we, the NA regions, we're not worth doing that for. In my opinion, I think it's a nice touch when they DO such things for various holidays, but I'm not that worried about something that will ultimately add nothing to my character's or the account on which they reside. I would hope, rather, that the staff spent time with their families, friends, and other loved ones and came back to work on BNS with a better mood when it comes to just how much time and effort they'll be putting into BNS for this new year. When it comes to customer service and support, a lot of players feel like it's "RNG", whether or not they get the help they need or not. If the staff is in a better mood from taking a short break away from their offices, I'm willing to let the holiday decor slide for this year.

Let's all look forward to a better year for BNS, chock full of cool stuff in the Hongmoon Store with better (WAY WAY WAY BETTER) outfits for the bi-weekly rotations on Fridays, and hope for less disgusting RNG boxes, troves, and saving-up-worthless-and-hard-to-get-token events, and more FUN content with rewards for the things we actually like to do in this game.

At least, until the next best thing comes out, and even if "Bless Online" isn't the change of pace some of us might need.^^;

Besides the issue of premium level 10 getting fair compensation that I posted earlier,

i just saw this on reddit 

which seem opposite of what I thought it would be, it seem you get nerfed instead of what I thought would happen which is evenimeis would be scaled up and you stays the same which I felt is better compared to this which I think is lazy programming and something I actually dislike since you get nerfed.... 

EverQuest II had a better system of scaling for certain event quest/dungeons where enemies even in open world would  be scaled to your level if you wewre doing such quest. So if you are high level you don't lose any stats or damage and if you are low level the enemies would scale down, your stats stays the same.  I felt this is better since there is no nerting.

Some may be ok with this but not me, I may considered NEVER even doing this dung ever!

6 hours ago, LaraKelly said:

Besides the issue of premium level 10 getting fair compensation that I posted earlier,

i just saw this on reddit 

which seem opposite of what I thought it would be, it seem you get nerfed instead of what I thought would happen which is evenimeis would be scaled up and you stays the same which I felt is better compared to this which I think is lazy programming and something I actually dislike since you get nerfed....

Some may be ok with this but not me, I may considered NEVER even doing this dung ever!

I personally actually like it. I can understand your opinion, some honestly might hate that this is the event dungeon. I personally like it because it'll bring people back down and it won't be pure DPS anymore. It'll rely on mechanics and your knowledge in order to beat the bosses and such. 

Hopefully the other things will be better that way you can enjoy the event despite not running the dungeon!

9 hours ago, xInikox said:

I personally actually like it. I can understand your opinion, some honestly might hate that this is the event dungeon. I personally like it because it'll bring people back down and it won't be pure DPS anymore. It'll rely on mechanics and your knowledge in order to beat the bosses and such. 

Hopefully the other things will be better that way you can enjoy the event despite not running the dungeon!

yes I am ok with other points of view and yes I may not run this but maybe do something else intead
but just a little note here:

I guess I didn't explain myself that well what I meant was I am not ok with the nerf but I would be ok with how EverQuest II does it where the enemies are the ones scaled up.  Thus in this you still need to do the mech etc and can't just pure dps either  since enemies are now scaled up but you just don't get nerfed. It may look the same outcome wise, but it be  like you playing a higher level dungeon instead of feeling like  playing a lowbie in a lower dungeon.

That just my personally view on it.  it may be the same to some but for me I hate the nerf.
[in Everquest II those scaled event dungeons/quest you can never one shot anything no matter how high level you are since the enemies are scaled up to you unless you find some way to one shot enemies the same level as you lol]

14 hours ago, LaraKelly said:

yes I am ok with other points of view and yes I may not run this but maybe do something else intead
but just a little note here:

I guess I didn't explain myself that well what I meant was I am not ok with the nerf but I would be ok with how EverQuest II does it where the enemies are the ones scaled up.  Thus in this you still need to do the mech etc and can't just pure dps either  since enemies are now scaled up but you just don't get nerfed. It may look the same outcome wise, but it be  like you playing a higher level dungeon instead of feeling like  playing a lowbie in a lower dungeon.

That just my personally view on it.  it may be the same to some but for me I hate the nerf.
[in Everquest II those scaled event dungeons/quest you can never one shot anything no matter how high level you are since the enemies are scaled up to you unless you find some way to one shot enemies the same level as you lol]

Understandable. Hopefully you can enjoy the other things without running the dungeon then

Archived