Forums

Sf need a buff

SPIT123

Every class gets a buff every bigger patch notes and there is nothing about SF. Sf currently is least played class pvp and pve. On 1v1 we can find maybe one or two players in top 100. What about TOI and other speed runs? Sf is also behind on this pirate thing instance compared to other classes. Best TOI sf killed lvl100 npc in about 1min when all others classes can do it in max 10s. There is something wrong..

1 hour ago, MukiTwo said:

SF is a dead class for MULTIPLE reasons. Its a shame, considering its nice to have in raids, etc.

It is not only nice to have SF in raids. SF is a must for VT raid or else tanks can't survive in boss 1. Every VT raid has at least 1 SF in the party while all other classes can be replaced.

One of the biggest reasons people don't play SF is likely due to their high price point. Unless you PvP a lot and have the materials to spare, you're not going to have what you need to make a decent SF. This is primarily due to their need for 2 Hongmoon skills:

-Right Punch (RMB punch, primary attack) - requires Chilling Flame Elixir

-Chi Burst (X skill, healing ability) - requires Offals of Luminescence, Silence and Darkness

Without these two skills, SF are not very useful. The Right Punch is required to maintain focus. Otherwise, SF require a lot of work to maintain focus, swapping stances to keep their chi gauge up without burning through their focus meter. As for Chi Burst, it's kind of obvious... it's their healing skill. Without the 3 offals, SF's heal is 10% max HP. The offals give you an additional 40%. So, essentially... without the 3 offals, a SF's healing ability is barely noticeable.

The biggest issue is that there is no reliable way outside of PvP to get these items, unless you're willing to drop upwards of 1k gold... and when most other classes can get by without that much investment, why pick a SF at all?

Bottom line, if they want SFs to be more prevalent, they need to make the items needed for HM skills obtainable.

2 hours ago, ombremq said:

A korean destroyed people at world championship soo they decided to nerf it to the ground and buff other classes to never see people playing SF again, dont play SF>reroll thxbai.

Blame the KR 2016 winner in world championship.

18 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

One of the biggest reasons people don't play SF is likely due to their high price point. Unless you PvP a lot and have the materials to spare, you're not going to have what you need to make a decent SF. This is primarily due to their need for 2 Hongmoon skills:

-Right Punch (RMB punch, primary attack) - requires Chilling Flame Elixir

-Chi Burst (X skill, healing ability) - requires Offals of Luminescence, Silence and Darkness

Without these two skills, SF are not very useful. The Right Punch is required to maintain focus. Otherwise, SF require a lot of work to maintain focus, swapping stances to keep their chi gauge up without burning through their focus meter. As for Chi Burst, it's kind of obvious... it's their healing skill. Without the 3 offals, SF's heal is 10% max HP. The offals give you an additional 40%. So, essentially... without the 3 offals, a SF's healing ability is barely noticeable.

The biggest issue is that there is no reliable way outside of PvP to get these items, unless you're willing to drop upwards of 1k gold... and when most other classes can get by without that much investment, why pick a SF at all?

Bottom line, if they want SFs to be more prevalent, they need to make the items needed for HM skills obtainable.

i chose it, i realized the pain in it, i kept on playing it. when i was told that my badge costs over 1k gold to buy from fury tokens, and around those times i could do 10g by day, i was like woah, im gonna stay shit forever.

but then they did the soul blitz event and it made it easier, asura ember is not that hard to get, 3-400g is nothing. hm heal was some kind of trouble, but you can farm luminance in pvp easily, the other 2 you just have to find good opportunities, like now, they cost 500g each cause of trove.  yes its expensive, but its worth it.

nowadays you can get the badges almost free, it just takes a little time,  if you gear up an sf, youre welcomed anywhere and you can pretty much outburst/outdps almost every class if you know what to do and how to do it, maybe some classes more geared than you as well.

10 minutes ago, Inanhesh said:

i chose it, i realized the pain in it, i kept on playing it. when i was told that my badge costs over 1k gold to buy from fury tokens, and around those times i could do 10g by day, i was like woah, im gonna stay shit forever.

but then they did the soul blitz event and it made it easier, asura ember is not that hard to get, 3-400g is nothing. hm heal was some kind of trouble, but you can farm luminance in pvp easily, the other 2 you just have to find good opportunities, like now, they cost 500g each cause of trove.  yes its expensive, but its worth it.

nowadays you can get the badges almost free, it just takes a little time,  if you gear up an sf, youre welcomed anywhere and you can pretty much outburst/outdps almost every class if you know what to do and how to do it, maybe some classes more geared than you as well.

Yep... it certainly helps that you can get Soul Badges with Solar Energy now... but again, you mentioned it... "you can farm lumicance in pvp" - not everyone wants to PvP. Otherwise, you're spending 500g for the 2 offals, 100g for the 3rd (plus the 10 twisted orbs) and another 400g or so, plus the 200 or so Frozen Orbs to get the Chilling Flame Elixir. So, you're looking at 1,500g if you don't farm PvP... and that's just skills.

And that's the biggest downside for SF - you're blowing a ton of gold to make them at all simply VIABLE... and that's all BEFORE their gear! Very few classes need that kind of gold investment... which is why people go with other classes.

So, like I said, unless they put viable ways to obtain those items outside of PvP, SF is going to continue to be a rare class.

If you think that sf is less playable because of HM skills then you are so ... btw new players can buy duelist bundle wchich cost around 700g and have almost all hm skills unlocked. its not about this. sf just dont have "it" what have all other classes have

Archived