Let Democracy Rule (vote to kick AFK) an option

genbrutal

Most dungeon like Avalanche Den, Lair of Frozen Fang and Event dungeons are filled with afk bots or players alike.

Why not let players exercise democracy and vote to kick these types of players.

I mean if you got voted out obviously you are doing something wrong or none productive just saying.

Sending a ticket is good and all but its tedious. 

10 hours ago, Onbekend said:

Let's see how you feel about this "democracy kick system" when you've run a dungeon 100+ times for a legendary accessory, and when it finally drops, you get kicked because the other 5 are friends/clan mates with each other.

well since you can't vote to kick anyone while a loot auction is in progress in the current game even if there offline that solves that problem

9 hours ago, GKzFallenleaf said:

well since you can't vote to kick anyone while a loot auction is in progress in the current game even if there offline that solves that problem

You never played a game, where was this abused?

1st abuse was for rolling high geared members, so you chain kicked ppl till you got a geared one

2nd abuse was before the last boss, when you kicked the "trash cleaners"

11 hours ago, GKzFallenleaf said:

Let's see how you feel about "can't kick while loot auction" when the boss is within the final 10%, or already dead, but the loot hasn't been picked up yet, and then you get kicked, because the other 5 are friends/clan mates with each other.

I could see how this could work if done correct .. Like for example, If someone is not there and they AFK an Event you want to kick them. You could Vote Kick and then a message will pop up for the AFK person giving them 60 seconds to respond. So if they truly are AFK they will miss the pop-up timer and be kicked.

This would eliminate abuse from people not wanting other people in group or kicking needlessly cause of drops too.

~Just my thoughts~

48 minutes ago, Sparadok said:

I could see how this could work if done correct .. Like for example, If someone is not there and they AFK an Event you want to kick them. You could Vote Kick and then a message will pop up for the AFK person giving them 60 seconds to respond. So if they truly are AFK they will miss the pop-up timer and be kicked.

This would eliminate abuse from people not wanting other people in group or kicking needlessly cause of drops too.

~Just my thoughts~

I can see the good and bad in this. Honestly there's too many possibilities and scenarios for me to decide whether this is a good idea or not

Even this option could fail because if someone truly is just being immature and 'AFKing' so they can get carried, they can just click the option saying they're not afk so they don't get kicked.

BUT it would also benefit any parties where they attempt to kick people so they (those being kicked) don't get loot or anything like that. 

So it's kinda 50/50. 

Just now, xInikox said:

I can see the good and bad in this. Honestly there's too many possibilities and scenarios for me to decide whether this is a good idea or not

Even this option could fail because if someone truly is just being immature and 'AFKing' so they can get carried, they can just click the option saying they're not afk so they don't get kicked.

BUT it would also benefit any parties where they attempt to kick people so they (those being kicked) don't get loot or anything like that. 

So it's kinda 50/50. 

True but if done correctly they would have to expand this concept. Like for another example would be " If player X has not moves in x amount of time and did less than x damage then 2 times Voting is required. So even if they would put in that they are not AFK they could vote 2 times and on the second it factors contribution. 

Again I don't know how to fully try to stop abuse from both sides people wanting to be rude and the person not wanting to do anything for a free ride. Could have 2 Vote options .. One for AFK and one for contribution?

I think you guys need to stop posting complicated idea to this game. 

Just for an example, we have been asking them (for a year or so) to let us join back BG after we disconnected or crashed. Now, we finally got that option, but they f'ed so much that the option is useless. (aka. you get double minus elo rank points if you join back to a losing game. LOL....)

Do you think that they can implement something like vote kick exactly like we want? Probably it will be another exploit feast when we get it.

Guess to add on to what I was saying about the Contribution vote kicking would be something like. How much damage compared to all players as  a whole. And to not let it get abused for example, You are in a party get to last boss .. then 2 people leave, so 2 new people come in contributed nothing so far, making them have "Immunity" and the contribution vote kick will be disabled on them for x amount of time. So people wont abuse to vote kick to get "better people" .

Just spit ball'in here.. idk that's my 2 cents.  

How I think vote-to-kick online player should work:

-Leader selects a player for vote-to-kick.

-When everyone agrees so, the player has 10s to deny the kick to stay in the party.

-If the player does not deny, he gets kicked.

-Vote to kick does not work during combat and during a loot auction.

The reason is that this is only supposed to work on afk players who would never be there to deny the kick. Even if he happens to be there and deny the kick every single time, it defeats the purpose of him being afk to leech and just tire him out instead cuz he has to watch his character carefully. 

Also, this counters the abuse to kick players cuz of loot, as the going-to-be-kick players have a chance to retaliate. 

I agree with the idea, but also having played MMORPGs for a very long time, I also know how it will be abused.  Don't like someone, kick them.  Think their gear is to low, kick them.  Unhappy with their AP, kick them.  I have lived through this more times than I care to remember.  If you want to make a difference, if the person in the dungeon doesn't move at all in 3 to 5 minutes, then allow a vote to kick.   Make it fair and I am all in, make it like so many other games have, and count me out.  I had just gotten to the AP level required by OTHER Players to get into Skybreak Spire, but, as soon as they released the new content, raised our level cap and upped our AP, I am once again below what they Demand to be invited to run it.  So you cannot tell me how quickly you would vote to kick someone trying to learn the run or that doesn't live up to your expectations.

I think it's a good idea if it's done right.  Another online game I play has a half hour cool down on being able to initiate a vote kick so people almost never abuse it since they know it could put it on cool down for them when they actually need to vote kick someone.

Unfortunatelly, I don't think Vote Kick to be the solution. 

The underlining problem is the abusers, but those who now are afkers and abuse of the non-kick option, would still becoming abusers by trying to take advantage of the kick option. The problem are the persons. We can't complain with NCSoft for not being able to educate people. There will always exist people that their main purpose in life is to take advantage of loop holes and trying to find  as many as they can. Always trying to outclever everyone else.

I've played some other games, and carrying people was never a problem for me, but normally the "abuse" was made upfront, on recruiting people, someone would say "i'm too low, but can I come?" and it was a decision the recruiter had to make, or even more often someone recruiting offering to give a free ride to lowbies. Off course here BnS requires parties to work together in order to overcome the dungeon and bosses, so some dungeons are not really carrying friendly.

One of my favourite online games was not really afker friendly. Since if you just entered the dungeon, but didn't go along with the party, you wouldn't get the XP, nor drops, nor quest reward, and you would have access to end chest loot but you still had to go all the way up until the end of the run to get the box, you would never had access to the Boss drop if you out of boss area.

Most of the XP we gained was actually from doing kills in the dungeons, and off course the boss from being the highest XP reward. This motivated players from keep the party together all the way up until the end of the run.

Well, but again, in my opinion, there will always be someone just trying to take advantage of someone else effort.

Please try to have fun and play :)

Vote kick can be abused. You can add tons of requirements to prevent it being abused. However, it will make the vote kick function really complicated. Based on past experience, they will screw it up pretty bad if they introduce this vote kick function in the game.

There are always other ways to prevent afkers.

- Change the loot system where you have to touch the loot box in order to finish the daily quest/dynamic quest. It forces everyone to touch the loot box. So, basically, after the boss kill, every player who died during boss fight will be auto revived at the same location. Then, you have a 30 seconds limit to touch the box. Once the time expired, the person who haven't touched the loot box is exempted from the loot. (This can prevent players go afk right after the boss too) 

With this system, you will know if the player is a real afker or if the player only has long loading screen time. If the player only has long loading screen time, he/she can still run to the group. (If the group doesn't wait, he/she can still say something in the chat and wait before the firewall.) He/she can still get the quest done by touching the loot box. If the players is an afker, he/she will just park his/her character at the entrance or even afk before the firewall. However, they usually tab out or afk to do some other stuff. Remember that there is only 30 seconds to touch the loot box. If the afker doesn't come back in time to touch the box, he/she will be exempted from the loot/quests. It can force the afker to stare at the screen to make sure he/she doesn't miss the loot box right after the boss kill. So, basically, he/she can't tab out or afk to do other stuff in the dungeon.

On 1/8/2018 at 9:24 AM, FrozenB said:

- Change the loot system where you have to touch the loot box in order to finish the daily quest/dynamic quest. It forces everyone to touch the loot box. So, basically, after the boss kill, every player who died during boss fight will be auto revived at the same location. Then, you have a 30 seconds limit to touch the box. Once the time expired, the person who haven't touched the loot box is exempted from the loot. (This can prevent players go afk right after the boss too)

30 seconds is a short time if someone is dead and cant touch it and has to respawn with a long loading screen they would be screwed. Maybe if they bid on an item that counts as long as your dead? Not sure how that would work ..

11 hours ago, Sparadok said:

30 seconds is a short time if someone is dead and cant touch it and has to respawn with a long loading screen they would be screwed. Maybe if they bid on an item that counts as long as your dead? Not sure how that would work ..

That's why I said auto-revive for all dead people after boss is killed. There should be no loading screen just like you use the revive charms. 30 seconds is more than enough to touch the box as long as you didn't go afk or tab out while you are dead on floor. Also, if they set it to more than a minute before touching the box, it will promote afker too as some of the dungeons have short distance between the boss location and portal.

On 1/4/2018 at 4:23 AM, genbrutal said:

Most dungeon like Avalanche Den, Lair of Frozen Fang and Event dungeons are filled with afk bots or players alike.

Why not let players exercise democracy and vote to kick these types of players.

I mean if you got voted out obviously you are doing something wrong or none productive just saying.

Sending a ticket is good and all but its tedious. 

the simplest way to fix it, is that you need to hit the boss to receive credit for both the dynamic and the daily. or just do it like msp where every player has to pick up the personal spawned chest that drops to receive credit aka you need to attack the boss aswell and if you run more then 100 meters away it despawns like usuall (msp).

Archived