Help !!! New blade master

SerKuro

Majority of the BM players go fire build. However, lighting build is better in PVP. Go whichever style you like. (If you have vt badge, fire BM has cool animations)

Also, being BM, no matter which build you go, you need to learn how to tank. A BM who doesn't know how to tank boss is pretty much garbage. Also, 9 out of 10 times, if you are in a dungeon party, people expect you to tank. If you have decent gear, but can't hold aggro on boss, people will start teasing you and making fun of you. This is how toxic this game is.

Practice using the Training Room (F12).

Pick the strongest boss that you can fight at your level and try to keep up a solid dps combo while dodging and attacking the boss. You can normally walk around the boss's yellow attack cone and either use the Draw Stance Block (F) or simply dodge (Q or E) the yellow AoE Circle that bosses sometimes do around themselves. For all red (unblockable) attacks you have to dodge (Q or E), and even Backstep (S,S), right before the attack is launched.

To keep up your DPS as a Blademaster, you want to be in Draw Stance. This is your main attack stance and you can sustain heavy dps in this stance. Always be in Draw Stance whenever possible, using skills such as Lunar Slash (Tab), Lightning Draw/Searing Slash (4), and even Blindside (Q) to bring you into Draw Stance from your Basic Stance. You can even use Draw Stance to block using Violent Blade (F) in the middle of one of your LMB/RMB attacks to block the target, which is pretty convenient as it keeps you in Draw Stance and gives you an extended bonus attack phase with your RMB attack.

And Lightning vs Fire, I recommend using Fire because it has easier Focus upkeep (to keep you in Draw Stance). Here's a good fire build to use for PVE (without HM Skills): https://bnstree.com/skills/blade-master?b=0211121212111

(With HM Skills) https://bnstree.com/skills/blade-master?b=0441121514114

To add to what has been said by KuroAme, in the latter stages you will be expected to keep the boss facing the same way so your teammates don't have to walk around the attack cones.

For build choice, Fire build is friendlier for:

Players with high ping and/or low fps. (you should have <40 real ping for ani-cancelling lightning). Now i've already mentioned ani-cancelling, which is very important for lightning build, you can just look at guide videos for things like Yunsang F20, KR people do it really well (most likely because of macros and their internet infrastructure, but that's besides the point). Basically ani-cancel is using lmb (draw) before your rmb (draw) finishes its animation to speed it up.

Low-geared players. With lightning you will run into focus problems before and sometimes even after you acquire decent gear, which doesn't really happen in fire.

Can't say whether it depends a lot on skill or not, but my attention in fire build is almost always on the boss since you can do your normal rotation while blinded. In lightning build i tend to focus a lot on myself rather than the boss, meaning it's much harder to tank.

However, there's one thing fire loses at while I haven't noticed it in lightning - animation lock. Sometimes you see an attack coming but you think you can get another attack in? Well, once you start casting RMB (fire), you're stuck casting it and cannot block or resist so you end up taking the hit, making it harder to keep hitting the enemy and do quick reflex blocks (might not be as much of a problem to others but since i really liked Royal Guard in DMC 3, here it feels like i'm in slow motion with the blocks).

Apart from that and as far as I know, it has already been mentioned that lightning is superior in pvp (though really if you have ridiculous rng like some BMs i've met, fire wins).

As for PvE, i think they're about the same damage. Both here and in KR.

• 3 weeks later...

Items in general are similar for every class and you can check other BMs' profiles in F2 to see what you go for, but somebody did go on a rant about it in another topic iirc. No updated guides but not much has changed for that, you can just see dungeon guides and whatnot run by BMs to see the rotation, but once you get the hang of the game, you'll do just fine adjusting on your own: I PvP'd quite a bit back in 45 cap and since then haven't checked any guides for any of my 8 classes yet from what I hear I'm running mainstream builds on pretty much all of them. It just feels right and there's always F12 boss imitation to check your dps. Moyun (Spear general) works best because he just stands still the whole time.

• 2 months later...
On 11/01/2018 at 11:40 AM, Stormpooper said:

However, there's one thing fire loses at while I haven't noticed it in lightning - animation lock. Sometimes you see an attack coming but you think you can get another attack in? Well, once you start casting RMB (fire), you're stuck casting it and cannot block or resist so you end up taking the hit, making it harder to keep hitting the enemy and do quick reflex blocks.

THIS IS TRUE, I was wondering if I am the only one experiencing this bug, or maybe because of lag or something. 

The only solution to this is by spamming a couple of flickers before you know you need to block with f, since flicker has a faster animation than dragon tongues, and you can cast both violent blade and q/e dashes instantly while flickering. Surviving the attacks with lower dps is much better than get cc chained after greeding on dps......

@Ncsoft, hope they will see this and come up with a solution

Just change to other classes if you want to relax. Everyone expects you to tank, and everyone is focus on your mistake. You make a mistake, they blame on you. They make a mistake, they tried to put it away. So, you are the one that bring the outcome in PVE dungeons. For PVP, BM is not a wise choice.  You look at BNS tournaments. Who is using BM to fight in tournament? The answer is no one.  BM become a relic, a forgetten class nowaday. If they dont revamp BM skills and power, BM classes will be extinct class soon.

Edited by WudangMaster

• 2 years later...
On 02/05/2018 at 4:57 PM, WudangMaster said:

Just change to other classes if you want to relax. Everyone expects you to tank, and everyone is focus on your mistake. You make a mistake, they blame on you. They make a mistake, they tried to put it away. So, you are the one that bring the outcome in PVE dungeons. For PVP, BM is not a wise choice.  You look at BNS tournaments. Who is using BM to fight in tournament? The answer is no one.  BM become a relic, a forgetten class nowaday. If they dont revamp BM skills and power, BM classes will be extinct class soon.

So a few years later, is the class extinct?

Looking at the replys from back then, i would say, dont do dungeons with people you dont know for real as a BM.

About guides, i think i have seen a few on YT.