Bd or Bm?

Angelsinthesky

Heyo. So I was wondering what u guys think are better. Blade dancer or blade master. I never played blade master before and I have a very early level blade dancer so I thought I’d experiment. And if I do make a blade master, I’ll probably delete my sf to get an extra slot. What do you guys think? Thanks! <3

Well, Blade Master if you want to protect your party by tanking bosses. Tanks are usually in demand for higher level content.

Blade Dancer if you just want to hit stuff and not worry too much about your party, though they can still grab enemies and provide party block for some support.

Blade Masters are a bit more about defense (blocking themselves and party members) and can serve as tanks so the party can focus on DPS.

Blade Dancers are more about DPS and evasion rather than tanking or blocking. They do have a short party block, but it's not going to be saving the party for more than one brief moment.

I suppose what you want to ask yourself is what you'd prefer to do more... stand there and and face the boss head-on or be a nimble damage dealer.

Just bear in mind that being a successful tank means a lot of practice. In an essence you have to be the best player in the party. This is basically why good tanks are in demand. Everybody can swing a sword, everybody can throw a fire ball. Not everybody however can be precise enough to not take hits and simultaneously keep their damage near it's max. If you choose a BM and master it, you'll make a name for yourself, not to mention people will want you in their statics and/or guilds.

How many in this forum knows all bosses attacks rotation?  Being a range class you can stand far and dps.  Being a tank you have be next to the boss and take every attacks.  Let me say it again,  next to the boss and take every attacks.  You can’t move around either cuz you don’t want the boss to turn around and hit a close range attacker.  It’s not easy being a tank.  You need to learn all the bosses attack rotations and be ready to get flames while doing so.  If you chose a blade master,  f key is your best friend.  

Archived