Farming in BnS?

GodEnyo

I was reading through the forums, looking for good ways to make gold, and everything I found was either outdated, or a complaint about the same couple things, BnS being pay-to-win and the lack of ways to farm sufficient amounts of material to use or sell as a free-to-play player. 
What I've taken from playing now is that there isn't really a middle ground between "whales" and the free-to-play because there isn't really an option to farm and obtain much that can be sold or even used to progress at a decent rate. With materials obtained largely from the troves and shop being account-bound, paying players are mostly self-sufficient, so I don't think BnS can be compared to a game where paying players pay/trade currency or cash items to those who take time to farm, and both sources work to have enough of everything going around for both kinds of players to get what they want...hopefully.

I don't mean to make another rant or complaint, just a question as I haven't been around long, most of the time I've had my account, I wasn't active, so I'd like to ask someone with more history here. So I guess I'm asking how has farming changed if it has and how long has it usually taken to max a character in previous patches of the game compared to now? Given that someone is free-to-play, and a semi-hardcore player.

Gold in this game is severely nerfed. However, getting gold isn't when you consider buying it from currency exchange. The best way to get gold is to do Daily Challenge and Weekly Challenge quests. 

Materials come faster from troves yes, but in turn grinding dungeons and bidding on them too :( or just find a dungeon like Lair of Frozen Fang and grind it solo, its about a 10 min clear but gives some mats too without having to bid against anyone. 

Otherwise, just grind dungeons and find a guild/clan and run harder things like BT and VT with to get gear too and mats

your main source of gold in bns is from daily quests and weekly quests.

The only gold that was nerfed was from 3-4 dungeons which are old content. But when you do the new ones you get more than from the old ones put together.

Also you should run the dungeons which give legendary accessories as drop, especially starstone mines, ebondrake lair and Hollows heart as people bid large amounts of gold for those. Also they can drop chests which can give 100g+.

You can also try selling some of the tradable materials you get from dailies like sacred orbs which go around 1g each, elysian orbs etc.

Gold isnt hard to come by if you put some effort into it.

so funny, from this chest box introduce till now(3-4month i think), i got only ONCE 100g drop from that silver chests daily dg

what u can do with only 100g?? only can buy ONE PET POD hahaa and u need hundreds of them for max gear

and i dont know what OP AP, but i guess u still not do starstone or EL or HH if your ap only 900, good luck for not getting kick in pt

and yeah sacred orbs 1g now, before patch its only 30silver, sell it if u have before the price drop

moonstone before patch 6g, now after trove event its only 3g

elysian orbs before patch 10-11g now only 7g

so your gold income come from daily quests and weekly quests 3-4 dungeons that gold reward was nerfed xD

before patch u can get around 50g for just doing daily from Lair to NS, now its only around 30g after nerf

btw i doing 6v6 for my gold income, in weekend i farm almost 5k-7k battlepoint, so i got around 50moonstone plus soulstone

and i got 10-20moonstone for weekly ranking reward

btw my gear only ritfwalk stage 4

the other way farm basin

the last way if u have a bit money $$, u can buy 2000 trove key now, and quarante u to raven 6, like the other post said in this forum

You'll get all the gold and mats you need from dungeons and daylies/weeklies, but it does take some time and you have to be patient.

Events like the Mushroom Dungeon right now are a great way to get expensive materials cheap and easy. You can even make some gold if you buy Ped Pods or HM gems and sell them at the marketplace. (make sure you don't purchase account-bound things, if you wanna sell them)

Archived