BD or KFM?

Angelsinthesky

Heyo, so I've narrowed my alternate choices down to blade dancer and kung fu master. Still kinda having trouble deciding, I really enjoy both classes (both are about the same level) but I just don't know which one to choose. Also, another thing is, my blade dancer is currently level 14 (I know, it's pretty low) but I was just wondering if anyone knew any early game combos. Right now, I'm just spamming tab and left click, and if my enemy has enough help, right click and c and f. However, I just want a better/efficient way to kill enemies. Thanks <3

Yea you're doing it wrong, early rotation for BD is just aggroing enemies, q or e and sunder away and press f for more focus when its up thats it. Kfm if you want to tank, if not then go BD. If you find a guild though it is possible if you go kfm that you can just be the buffer during raids if there is already another tank. In lfp though you will be expected to tank unless you run with your clan all the time. So that leads back to what I said earlier, don't want to tank then you're better off going BD. Tanks are always in demand though at endgame.

Another thing you can do is just start with one and make the other one later once you are decently geared on the first one.

Go blade dancer. More reward for less effort. Better in poor ping situations. Top tier in all instances of pvp. One of the highest DPS classes. Easier rotation and less overall frustration. Plus you don't have to worry about tanking, unless you truly desire to pick a class that probably won't tank anything until you're high geared anyway .(kfm)

There is no reason to choose KFM unless you just enjoy masochistic play and constant challenge. The class will suck until you invest months of time or thousands of dollars. PVE content is much more difficult and you'll hate yourself for choosing KFM if you truly don't want what i just mentioned. I always tell people to thoroughly consider a different class over KFM because the enjoyment you have now will be short lived unless you're hardcore as hell. 

BD is overall more bang for you buck/time no matter how you slice it. Yea KFM has fighting spirit (blue buff) and they can tank but don't think people value you for anything other then their own selfish reason. "You deal with the boss and the majority of mechanics while giving us increased stats, while we sit back and pew pew and deal with the occassional mechanic" is the overall role you have. You'll get bodied repeatedly in pvp until you master every last aspect of your character and even then you'll lose to people' secondaries because of cheap crap like WL and SIN.

So in closing, if you really enjoy this game and plan on playing it at your own pace then choose BD because KFM is not and probably will never be a good class. Oh and when you have the best gear POSSIBLE! meaning everything and all top gems....you'll do roughly 5-600k damage(perfect rotation and highly dependent on ping) which is laughable when compared to every other class available. GO BD unless you're a masochist like myself who actually enjoy KFM but wish it was a lot more rewarding. I spent months numbing up my fingers trying to learn 3rf all to do basic and uninspiring dps. I'm fire now because servers and ping spike like mad during raids.

Play what you like, I main 3 classes including a kfm. Everyone love saying how hard kfm is and this and that but it really isn't. You can learn the anicancels within a week by just practicing in the hm training room everyday, watching youtube videos of the rhythms and just practice getting it right then it just becomes muscle memory. The rotation is even more easy at endgame when you have badges and gear then you just rf. I never had problems with aggro either unless there was someone in the party with way better gear than me. I also have low ping though. Everyone has different experiences with each class that is why it is better for you to decide which class you like more and not let others decide for you.

Archived