Merry Christmas Blade & Soul ??

Fieryfly

Christmas in Blade and Soul has not felt like Christmas last year.. no themed Christmas area's like last year..  no snow flake area's, no lighted tree's. Trove is here.. their raking in so much money.. one would figure they would give back to the community with a gift of 20 Trove Keys.. per account.  This would help promote more sales & make Christmas feel a bit more like Christmas..

Are you actually asking this company to ACT (meaning pretend) like it cares about it's user base? Any company that's willing to incentivise a "pay event" during christmas is already lacking in integrity. Let alone one that doesn't even communicate and shoves multiple games on one server. The korean version is a completely different game then the one we have now. Based on your location determines how you're treated. This is the most anti-company, anti-consumer game developer ghosting right now. They won't even read this message board let alone give two damns what people on it say.  

I wouldn't be surprised if this game dies in 2019. This is the first time I have experienced a big MMORPG game ignore Christmas theme and events. I already regret leaving Black Desert and coming back to this game. This year just goes to show how much effort they decide to allocate into milking players (trove) compared to player satisfaction.

Very sad no Christmas decorations put up in towns this year too :(

Last year got friends and a few randoms together in our christmas outfits and took screenshots amongst the christmas backdrops in town then posted them on social media. This year... was so sad could'nt do it because NcSoft idk? what or why...

Spent my time in black desert, destiny 2 and dragon nest instead. Atleast those games were nice enough to provide christmas tunes and festive environments.

They really don't care about anything but money. As long as people keep filling up their pockets nothing will be changed and probably once that stops they will just close the game down like they did with MXM, that one also closed due to them not giving a damn about their players and milking their pockets until they no longer had a playerbase. The fact that people have been complaining all over the forums about the bad performance problems after the latest patch, which clearly broke something, and they still haven't cared to look for and fix the problem shows they don't care. We shouldn't even have to complain for them to fix issues, any company that knows and communicates with their playerbase/customers, which they don't know/do, should know what their players/customers do and don't like.

I don't care about any F10 deals since there's trove, but there's no decor or fun (outside of normal content). Even when time they did put holiday stuff they do a sorry job of it. I'd rather have something all-out and yearly in predictable places then small stuff. Like Foshi Pyres or some other hang out area all heavily snowed out. There's be time in changing it, but at least it's ready for each year. Or some non-quest mini games like Guild Wars 1 had grentches and gifts that'd spawn in a town. You'd grab a gift and take it to someone before they catch you or the box. 

I get BNS is a gameplay focused game, but now we have nothing.

No word from any staff on this thread or the thread that I created about a week ago now

This isnt good enough. The silence from the NC West staff is absolutely unacceptable, they are so out of touch with their playerbase, and quite frankly, i think the majority of us have had enough of the attitude from the NC West team. We are sick of these constant money making events while you pay little attention to the issues plaguing the game, no effort at all put into a proper christmas event outside the cash grabbing trove. THIS ISNT GOOD ENOUGH NC WEST. Other games, other FREE games, can manage to put real effort into their Christmas events, can put real effort into interacting with their playerbases on a daily basis, can maintain an actual in game presence and can actually listen to what the community is saying, so why cant you? I want to see an actual reply from an actual staff member addressing some of these concerns, because after almost 2 years, it just feels like its falling on deaf ears.

I have genuinely never been so disappointed in a video game's staff before, because unlike a lot of other crappy, mis-managed games, i love bns, i am passionate about it and I KNOW that it can be better

1 hour ago, GonnaNeedaMontage said:

No word from any staff on this thread or the thread that I created about a week ago now

This isnt good enough. The silence from the NC West staff is absolutely unacceptable, they are so out of touch with their playerbase, and quite frankly, i think the majority of us have had enough of the attitude from the NC West team. We are sick of these constant money making events while you pay little attention to the issues plaguing the game, no effort at all put into a proper christmas event outside the cash grabbing trove. THIS ISNT GOOD ENOUGH NC WEST. Other games, other FREE games, can manage to put real effort into their Christmas events, can put real effort into interacting with their playerbases on a daily basis, can maintain an actual in game presence and can actually listen to what the community is saying, so why cant you? I want to see an actual reply from an actual staff member addressing some of these concerns, because after almost 2 years, it just feels like its falling on deaf ears.

I have genuinely never been so disappointed in a video game's staff before, because unlike a lot of other crappy, mis-managed games, i love bns, i am passionate about it and I KNOW that it can be better

I agree with you.

Maybe if we talk in their language.. or a Google translation of it.. since i cant write Korean.. here is my best attempt.

Blade and Soul의 크리스마스는 작년 크리스마스처럼 느껴지지 않았습니다. 작년과 같은 주제가없는 크리스마스 지역입니다. 눈이 없어지는 지역이 없으며, 조명이없는 나무가 없습니다. Trove는 여기에 있습니다. 돈을 많이 긁어 모으고 있습니다. 계정 당 20 Trove Keys의 선물로 지역 사회에 돌려 줄 것이라고 생각했습니다. 이것은 더 많은 판매를 촉진하고 크리스마스를 크리스마스처럼 조금 더 느끼게합니다.

WTH do you want them to say?  They decided not to do it this year?  Obviously they just didn't chose to put the resources into it.  If you wanna quit over it, there's the door.  Get over it or get out of it, but quit the whining.

4 hours ago, Tufa said:

WTH do you want them to say?  They decided not to do it this year?  Obviously they just didn't chose to put the resources into it.  If you wanna quit over it, there's the door.  Get over it or get out of it, but quit the whining.

Look Pal, I want to know why other regions of this game can manage to have Christmas events but not us, calling me a "whiner" because I am concerned about the game is wrong, Go take your rude attitude somewhere else. This is a genuine concern that many players have, that The team behind BnS NA/EU is more concerned about putting out constant cash shop "events" rather than make improvements to the actual game, I want to get a response from the staff because I want to see that they actually give enough of a damn about the playerbase for their game. I never said anything about quitting, I love the game, and I want it to be as good as it possibly can be. I dont need some arrogant "white-knight" such as yourself coming along and derailing another thread expressing genuine concerns with your rude attitude, telling people to "stop whining" or to just quit, you are not contributing to this discussion in a helpful way, so please do us all a favour and take your rude attitude somewhere else

I also want to hear the answer.

Have they lost a license to keep the servers up or something? China, Taiwan got thier Xmas designs decorations ingame so we know the assets exist.

Christmas decorations are something i look forward to every year in my MMO list. It gives me reason to revisit those i've taking a break from. Because it creates a new life of discovery within game areas that have become stale and boring.

People complaining about things they think are wrong is actually a good thing, they care enough as to fight for it. They're involved, invested themselves into the game, like it and want to have a better experience.

The moment the complaints stop it's when they should worry.

And yeah, I agree with the OP, this Christmas has been kind of... underwhelming. To the point that instead of here I spent it playing something else.

Hopefully, they'll give some life to the game this month during the anniversary event. Fingers crossed!

Well they screwed up magnificently with the last patch in too many senses to list (and anyway they have been pointed at already in other threads)... The remaining players have been loyal come hell or high water, but it's time for NCsoft to think it over... if they want to keep what remains of it all. 

Desipte asking for a reply from staff multiple times, and even tagging the community manager personally asking for a reply, so have still not received one is pretty damning. If NC is committed to sweeping their lack of care towards the playerbase "under the rug" per se, they will be disappointed, as I dont intend to let things go until I see a response, this is simply unacceptable

Am 1.1.2018 um 18:31 schrieb Vaizard:

the game is dying since true cosmic soul release, i bet a merge is coming soon

There is not much left to merge. They already merged 4 german, 4 english and 2 frensh server (when i remind correctly) into 3 servers.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb GonnaNeedaMontage:

Desipte asking for a reply from staff multiple times, and even tagging the community manager personally asking for a reply, so have still not received one is pretty damning.

What they should say? "Hey guys, you havent cashed enough last year, so we decided you dont deserv any christmas decoration"? or "Hey sorry we have been so busy coding a real bad RNG drop code for the trove, to make sure you cash more, that we forgot its already december and therefore missed to add some decorations"

Regardless what they say (and i bet they never will give any statement, why there wasnt a holliday decoration) it wont be believable or just ridicoulus...

An apology would be nice.

You can't tell me they forgot about Christmas when all the other versions had decorations and all versions got the new Christmas outfits. So they were damn sure to put the new expensive outfit in, but not the decorations? I want an explanation too.

I've been with Blade and Soul since beta and had the goofy master pack and all the bells and whistles. I didn't say anything about it at first, but reading through this thread really made me want to speak up too. I hate it. I hate that they skipped Christmas. I actually find it insulting. How do the other versions get Christmas when the regions Christmas matters to the most didn't even get it?? What happened?? I want to know what happened. As a paying customer, I want to know what happened.

I understand the lazyness with Halloween since its mostly a western holiday and I understand no April Fools event even though KR got it and we never did, but to skip Christmas?
What's next, are they going to skip Valentines event and just mark up the nurse costumes instead??
At the very least, apologize. Own up.

And don't bother whining at me if you think they don't have to, yeah that's nice-I'm not paying you little kids for your uneducated opinions, I'm paying this company and I have more than the right to speak my frustration. 

The forums are starting to get full of these kinds of topics and it's starting to make people ask questions.

The sad part is that we are still left in silence.

We ask and ask .. we keep on telling them that the path they are going down is wrong ..and it's killing the game.. but they just don't care.

They are fast to ban an account when they break the "conduct" even if it's something minor .. but they can't man up and reply to important questions and calm down the situation.

what did you guys do ?  fire the mods on christmas ?

Archived