Forums

Failed to create D3D9 device! error

SomeCrackhead

whenever i press play on launcher, and after awhile of game loading, the error message pop up; failed to create d3d9. after restarting pc, game may launch once. but while loading character, bns may stop responding and i'd have to end the game through task manager. after attempting to start it up again i get the d3d9 error again. i have to restart pc everytime but the main issue is that the game may freeze on loading repeatedly even if i'm in game.

sometimes when i press ok on the error message, a follow up comes up; Runtime error with the code r6025 saying pure virtual call error (if i recall correct, it was something like that). i have tried many methods to fix this before posting here. i have tried to reinstall visual c++ (all) and and to top it, install directly from microsoft page, the 2005 one included. i have tried to turn off all services that isn't windows related, restarted, same problems occurs anyway. what else... i've tried to click on the memory .bat file i don't remember its full name but i've got this suggestion from googling, doesn't work. tried reinstalling game along with c++ thingies, still same. tried registry cleaning, same. i've tried setting compatibility mode to win vista sp2, win 7, win 8 and turn it off (win 10 is my current windows so that's the choice when turning it off), still d3d9 errors after trying to launch game from launcher. for some reason only restarting the pc gives the game a possibility to launch, but still has a risk of not responding when in game loading screen. has anyone solved this? there were no real solutions after searching through forums btw, it's what i had tried already.

• 4 months later...
On 26/12/2017 at 1:56 AM, SomeCrackhead said:

whenever i press play on launcher, and after awhile of game loading, the error message pop up; failed to create d3d9. after restarting pc, game may launch once. but while loading character, bns may stop responding and i'd have to end the game through task manager. after attempting to start it up again i get the d3d9 error again. i have to restart pc everytime but the main issue is that the game may freeze on loading repeatedly even if i'm in game.

sometimes when i press ok on the error message, a follow up comes up; Runtime error with the code r6025 saying pure virtual call error (if i recall correct, it was something like that). i have tried many methods to fix this before posting here. i have tried to reinstall visual c++ (all) and and to top it, install directly from microsoft page, the 2005 one included. i have tried to turn off all services that isn't windows related, restarted, same problems occurs anyway. what else... i've tried to click on the memory .bat file i don't remember its full name but i've got this suggestion from googling, doesn't work. tried reinstalling game along with c++ thingies, still same. tried registry cleaning, same. i've tried setting compatibility mode to win vista sp2, win 7, win 8 and turn it off (win 10 is my current windows so that's the choice when turning it off), still d3d9 errors after trying to launch game from launcher. for some reason only restarting the pc gives the game a possibility to launch, but still has a risk of not responding when in game loading screen. has anyone solved this? there were no real solutions after searching through forums btw, it's what i had tried already.

I am currently facing the exact same issue, but there is so far no solution to it.... 
Help please... ?

There are 2 possibilities i can think of. First one is, since you are using Windows 10 there is a small possibility that you do not have directX9 DLL files in your windows system 32 folder. You can check windows folder to see if there are any of these files missing: d3d9.dll and from d3dx9_24.dll to d3dx9_36.dll. If you have one or more missing, thats the reason and you have to download those files and put them into the windows folder for it to work.

Second possibility is that you are trying to run the game in a wrong resolution and that is causing some errors. Check all the supported resolutions your monitor can run on and see if you are running on higher resolution than what your monitor supports.

If neither of these 2 works then sorry dont know what it could be.

I had this happen to me  and had it happens to a friend 
Somehow just rebooting helped and it didn't do that for me anymore. My friend also got it running after rebooting.
it haven't annoyed me with that error anymore. 

maybe that loading screen hang is due to xindcode  not working with 1802 windows update which is another issue that BnS has and  is not related to the d3d9 error? i.e 2 dif issues. 1802  or so it the latest win 10 but it seem 32 bit still works with this bug. So maybe try 32 bit?

I do not have the latest win 10 update installed yet.

Edited by LaraKelly