Forums

How good is this cpu for BnS

RedTheLegend

As the title asks, I need to know if buying a ryzen 3 1300x or ryzen 5 1600 is worth it to play BnS and video edit (Entry level) or should I honestly just go Intel on this one? I would like entry level video editing done, but I'd rather have smooth 60+ fps on max settings for this game. Which leads me to think, would getting a I5 be better,if yes, what is the best version without going overboard.

From what I tested on a machine I recently built, the r5 behaves more or less alright in BnS. With that said, this game has insatiable appetite for clock speed. Here's what you need to look for when you buy a CPU for this particular game - number of transistors per core and clock speed. The number of transistors per core equal to the amount of data that can be crunched per cycle. The clock is the number of cycles per second the entire circuit can handle. This game works mainly with two cores, so you can guess how a cpu will perform just by looking at the stats of a model which you've seen people use to play BnS (check youtubers and streamers, they usually write down their configurations), and do a basic math of what is the difference between their cpu and yours. Also there's a trick when it comes to using Ryzen chips for BnS. you'll have to look up some datasheets and reviews in order to figure out which core is where on the crystals. If you want BnS to perform to it's max on a Ryzen cpu, you'll need to disable client.exe's affinity to cores from separate crystals (Ryzen chips have two crystals instead of one, meaning the performance in two threaded applications such as BnS will drop if one core is on one crystal and the other is on another crystal). The moment you limit the game to just one crystal die (basically to three cores), that ryzen CPU's performance can be directly compared to intel models (which have monolithic crystals /the reason why they're more expensive atm/).

With this said, it's worth mentioning that ryzen chips provide smoother framerate, aka you don't see random stuttering among your otherwise flat 120 fps. Hopefully all this can help you make an informed choice. Happy holidays!

I play with a r5 1600x and I have no problems running this game at max settings, but cpu alone won't get you smooth 60+ fps as you need a good gpu as well. The only time my frames drop is when something loads in or if there's a lot of players on screen.

Archived