Forums

F8 and Dungeons - UI improvements

Kozuki

1) Add an option for player to enter the dungeon solo.

No, I know the fact that I can go into dungeons solo in my server, but it does not help beating the convenience of everywhere F8 lobby.

It is not about how I or a few people play the game. Yeah, I don't mind spending time through loading screens to windstride from places to places just to visit soloable dungeon, but it is how people look at the problem. Why do they have to go through much trouble while they can just simply join a LFG and quit right after? There are even bad cases that they use pre-made party just to be able to join in and quit.

Also, it is not about being lazy to solo the dungeon. The fact that you can go into a dungeon solo with party recruitment UI can help speed up the whole progress of cleaning the dungeon. For example, I go into Gloomross Incursion first, and while I am progressing the dungeon, I invite for more people. Instead of having to wait for 6 people then begin the dungeon, I can begin the dungeon first and recruit along the way. This benefits specific dungeons where group is more preferred than solo. This cannot be done with solo in server.

If you are still worrying about people recruit for half-finished dungeons where you cannot get the quest credit, there is already an option to prevent joining in-progress dungeon.

2) Add an option to quit LFG progress if the party leader is afking.

If you queue for an unpopular dungeon, be prepared to be trapped by afking party leaders. You have no way out of the LFG progress unless you end-task the whole client.

The option should be like this: instead of just only leaders have the ability to cancel LFG, everyone can do the same if they want to leave. If the party leader is not afk, he can promt resuming the LFG again. If he does not, however, we all know we should seek another LFG, while leaving him standing there afk for nothing as a punishment.

3) Assign room number to the party even when it has entered the dungeon. Allow outsiders to use this room number to join an in-progress dungeon. Party leader can also link the room number during dungeoning like they can during lobby. When they input the number from room finder or click the link, it will prompt party leader a party application, similar to how you apply people in server. This will help players to join their friend's in-progress party instead of relying on a blind recruitment just to get a wrong person (often low-geared) who refuses to leave.

Also, add a separate chat tab or chat filter where party leader can post recruitment from F8 from inside a dungeon if they don't have enough member for some reason, not only from the dungeon's region chat. The recruitment will show the link to the dungeon room, and have the label "in-progress" and show the number of stage completion (like 1/3 after you kill Granite Titan in Naryu Sanctum)

4) The party leader can choose to reset a dungeon when a dungeon is completed. This will send everyone to the entrance gate of the dungeon in the lobby, effectively reset it. This is to deal with a member suddenly go afk after final boss and everyone doen't have to wait for him to return or leaving the dungeon without him to remake the party.

5) Party leader can use whistle for ready check, just like in raid.

6) Party leader can use Ctrl F1, F2, F3 or F4 to issue party-wide stun/knockdown/daze/knockback command to alert member about upcoming CC. This is already inside the game, but is disabled for some reason.

Archived